Discontinued Ghost MV1

JCat

Accessory Maker
Has anyone attempted to port the app over to a webapp for those of us on iOS? I’d love to be able to program red 1 & 2.

Additionally, @virgil_GHOST have you considered releasing the app through TestFlight? DM me for more info if interested in discussing further.
from apple’s TestFlight page:

“When you add the first build of your app to a group, the build gets sent to beta app review to make sure it follows the App Store Review Guidelines. This is the only beta version of your app that requires a full review, and testing can begin once it’s approved.”

So I’m not sure you could get it approved for beta testing ...! And you’d have to re-release every 3 months and you’d be limited to 10,000

kiddvudu2

Oh, I'm also able to produce nice vapor... well, most of the times, but when I don't, as long as I get the flavor and effects I don't really care anymore.

What temps do you usually use? I only use Amber temps.

I honestly use the entire spectrum that the MV1 provides. I like to temp step, but in cases like last night on a cold night where I am outdoors, I will lock it in at 415. I used to stir, but have found that to be completely unnecessary. I do like to rotate though.

B17091. I have not opened the second vape i ordered as yet.
librar

Just be aware that you have a limited time to register the serial number with ghost in order to extend your warranty to 5 years.

I have not had this Ghost MV1 even 4 weeks and I am as full of buyers remorse as I will ever be:cry::doh:
I made a huge and expensive mistake with this vape. The fact that it can deliver a sweeter hit than the Mighty on a hit per hit basis (occaisonally), pales into complete insignificance when I consider that for that one sweet hit, there are a dozen crap ones, it's way too hit and miss!! :uhh:

But the main reason why I am super pissed is now the fucking door won't even close! Not even 4 weeks in, and it's completely unusable. WTF!!:bang:

You certainly don't get that with the Mighty, indeed I am fortunate that I followed my inner-tuition (call it gut instinct ) and bought myself a new The Mighty just a few days after buying this pile of crap!:shit:

I have written to the manufacturer and told them I want a refund, no replacement, no bullshit, just my money back, as I have completely no confidence in this nonsense - Complete Buyers Remorse.:cry:

Buyer Beware - IMHO:worms:

I'm saying:2c: Just saying :uhh: Whilst saying:disgust:
Pure peace:leaf:

That's a bummer to hear. I would certainly not characterize my MV1 as inconsistent. Exactly the opposite to tell the truth. I have it down to such an art that I can produce three enormous clouds of vapor or sip out close to 10 very nice tasting hits whenever I choose.

It's also sad to hear you writing it off without giving Ghost the opportunity to provide you with the top notch customer support that they provide. I do not own any s&b products, but I have heard their customer support pales in comparison to Ghosts.

Peese!

Last edited:

Trypsy Summers

Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. - Warning point issued.
Uhmmmm I’ve enjoyed mine so far.... Did you contact Customer Service?

My Friend,

Yeah, I contacted them, alright, to request a refund, no bullshit, no replacement, just my money back:uhh::disgust:
I am really pissed, cos I am about £150 out of pocket and that's after the refund when I eventually get it! I am going to raise this with PayPal! I am really super pissed!!:rant::rant:
Good job I had brought another The Mighty or else I might have been suicidal!! :luv::rockon:

I really would not with any clear conscience recommend this vape to anybody whom I really cared about.:uhoh:

The ironic thing is I thought I was contributing to Make America Great Again, yeah right! :rolleyes:
What a sick joke and the most fucked up thing is, I ain't fucking laughing!:cuss:

More like; let's make fuckery even more fuckery, what a fucking waste of space, £50 per week to hire this useless gizmo that what it's cost me £50 per week x 3 weeks, Ouch! :ugh: That fucking hurts, like Fuck! :cry:

Biggest mistake - ever, the worst buy of 2019

Just speaking my (The) Truth!:disgust::suspicious::doh:

Pure Peace:leaf:

Trypsy Summers,

SquirrelMaster

@Trypsy Summers
Out of curiosity if you received a Storz and Bickel product that ate it quickly or even on arrival would you be as upset or is it the use that bothers you? Ghost will replace your unit very quickly based my own and others experiences. I had issues with my first device that they replaced in 2 days after our conversation. The next one worked much better but developed a Sticky button and again I had a new device in 2 days. You're acting like your device is dead in the water and there's nothing you can do about it.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
library

Hope this came out, if not - maybesome help here?
it is a pic of the opened MV1 battery
Mine was defective - although it has the ultrasonic sealing bead, it was only hit by the horn in one small area.
I believe this was the source of the unit failure. I have retired the battery and await the replacement.

iframe>

iframe>

but... a great excuse to crack open the Stealth and Fast charger - screw it!
I'll try to sell off the repacement unit when it is back in new condition and call it a day.

...Addendum: unit opened, Stealth door seems much easier to close. latch engages easily at end of throw,
-rebuilt battery, will not charge from micro connector but protection intact.
So I now have a 'case' for replaceable 18650s if I sacrifice a new battery (open to advice here)

Also, there was the distinct odor of burning ABS in the unit that suffered the catestrophic battery failure, not silicone which is pretty much odorless to me
Oh yeah... I've tried them but I tend to prefer the flavors at lower temps... some phenotype do taste pretty good in the red temps, though, and this vape has really opened the higher temps for me 'cuz my lungs are quite delicate.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/newmanmd/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>
As far as I recall, phenotyppe = appearance. with botanical strains, the appearance can be identical but the genetics vary, as is the case with our terpine-laden herbal of choice.
Sativa and Indica are phenotypical variants aand will of course have a somewhat differnt genetic code
Sorry, not seeing that image. Broken link?
Not link, my stoopidity. Need heelp with these images. did either one of the links here work this time?
-thanks

Kimosabe,

SquirrelMaster

@Kimosabe
Thanks for the picture but you might w want to consider another photo hosting sites that plays nice with FC. Turboimagehost is my go to choice.

The battery on the right looks dangerous! I can't believe the cells are only 10A, for an on demand unit I had thought they would be 20A for sure. I had thought about butchering one of my batteries for this look and now that I know what's inside I'm confident I'll never be at a loss if I lose a battery. I do have 4 batteries though so I doubt that'll happen.

The better question is, is there circuit protection inside the battery or could someone fabricate an aftermarket battery holder for swapable 18650's easily?

cosimo

I honestly use the entire spectrum that the MV1 provides. I like to temp step, but in cases like last night on a cold night where I am outdoors, I will lock it in at 415. I used to stir, but have found that to be completely unnecessary. I do like to rotate though.

I gave up on stirring but do make sure to rotate the crucible.

library

As far as I recall, phenotyppe = appearance. with botanical strains, the appearance can be identical but the genetics vary, as is the case with our terpine-laden herbal of choice.
Sativa and Indica are phenotypical variants aand will of course have a somewhat differnt genetic code

I was taught that "phenotype" was used in reference to observable traits, with flavor being one of them among many that are not necessarily linked to "appearance"...

Kimosabe

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/lifesci/research/vegin/geneticimprovement/phenotype/

If we assume the terpine profile is oberveable OR MEASUREABLE (it is with equipment), the various strains = phenotypes and I stand corrected. Obervable or measurble differences.

@Kimosabe
Thanks for the picture but you might w want to consider another photo hosting sites that plays nice with FC. Turboimagehost is my go to choice.

The battery on the right looks dangerous! I can't believe the cells are only 10A, for an on demand unit I had thought they would be 20A for sure. I had thought about butchering one of my batteries for this look and now that I know what's inside I'm confident I'll never be at a loss if I lose a battery. I do have 4 batteries though so I doubt that'll happen.

The better question is, is there circuit protection inside the battery or could someone fabricate an aftermarket battery holder for swapable 18650's easily?
Thanks for the Turboimagehost tip, SquirrelMaster.

Last edited by a moderator:

cosimo

:mad::mad::mad: Word of advice for portable-newbies, DO NOT put your vaporizers in the same pocket with your keys... not even if the pockets are loose :doh::doh::doh: Had to learn that with my mv1 :( over this weekend

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/lifesci/research/vegin/geneticimprovement/phenotype/

If we assume the terpine profile is oberveable OR MEASUREABLE (it is with equipment), the various strains = phenotypes ...

Some :leaf: breeders would even say that one single strain can have different phenotypes (maybe just commercial lingo and not technically correct), and some also offer quantified terpene profiles, so I guess it's not too wrong to use the word that way. I even just found this: "Based on the genotype of the plant (its unique genetic signature), the next generation (cross) will possess a certain phenotype (visible traits like gold hairs or fragrances) inherited from its parents." (https://terpenesandtesting.com/category/cultivation/cannabis-phenotype-genotype-differences/).

Any how, I love how the MV1 allows me to use high temps without the need of water filters or long stems despite my delicate lungs, thus allowing me to check out those flavors that come out at higher temps. And Kimosabe opening the battery pack brings me hope someone will find a way to make the other kind of replaceable batteries for the MV1, making my MV1 much more luvable even if Ghost doesn't get more batteries. Nice!

Last edited:

Kimosabe

:mad::mad::mad: Word of advice for portable-newbies, DO NOT put your vaporizers in the same pocket with your keys... not even if the pockets are loose :doh::doh::doh: Had to learn that with my mv1 :( over this weekend

Some :leaf: breeders would even say that one single strain can have different phenotypes (maybe just commercial lingo and not technically correct), and some also offer quantified terpene profiles, so I guess it's not too wrong to use the word that way. I even just found this: "Based on the genotype of the plant (its unique genetic signature), the next generation (cross) will possess a certain phenotype (visible traits like gold hairs or fragrances) inherited from its parents." (https://terpenesandtesting.com/category/cultivation/cannabis-phenotype-genotype-differences/).

Any how, I love how the MV1 allows me to use high temps without the need of water filters or long stems despite my delicate lungs, thus allowing me to check out those flavors that come out at higher temps. And Kimosabe opening the battery pack brings me hope someone will find a way to make the other kind of replaceable batteries for the MV1, making my MV1 much more luvable even if Ghost doesn't get more batteries. Nice!

The pack works fine but the PCB blew and it cannot slow charge. I could easilly swap out the batteries in a minute or less. I take it you think I should retain the 'replaceable battery' pack for future insurance?
-thanks, cosimo

Kimosabe,
Reactions: LesPlenty

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So the MV1's proprietary battery pack is a case around two 18650s? That seems really lame to me.

You can't buy a spare battery anymore and they no longer sell the proprietary quick charger either. Weren't they charging like $35 and $95 for those? Was Ghost effectively charging you another $130 to have two spare 18650 cells and a charger with no display or editable controls?

kitkatjam22

So I bought the MV1 last month, and the Crafty + right after. Was kind of happy w the MV1, but it wasn’t quite as good as I was expecting, and very finicky.
I got my crafty a week or so later, and I haven’t touched my MV1 since.

I am within 3 weeks of purchase, does anyone know if Ghost would accept a return for a refund?

Last edited by a moderator:
kitkatjam22,
Reactions: WildChild

mephisto

@bossman Yes that is exactly what they were doing. I had a stealth version that worked very well.
Fiddling with all of the little bits filling cauldrons was the killer. Seems like kind of a dry dock move to
leave the existing platform without support. Also seems to open a potential aftermarket for performance
cell packs and quick chargers.

tashian

You have a genotype, its expression in interaction with the growth environment is the phenotype so obviously you can have many phenotypes for a single genotype. You may breed for a particular phenotype or phenotypical characteristic to be expressed under a certain set of growth environments...but in reality you are indeed changing the genotype, that's what you breed with.

cosimo

I tried searching the web and even read this thread from page 75 up to here for this answer but can't seem to find it... sorry if it has been asked before, but what does MV1 stand for? Heck, why "Ghost"?

cosimo,
Reactions: joner

pletch3929

So I got my $125 Ghost with the crucible dispenser as well as the FAST CHARGER (thank God).

Plans for concentrate only use.

Train of Thoughts...

I looked into the heater, it is those two coils directed upwards.. they are offset so one of the coils is less than a millimeter, essentially touching the ceramic wall deep inside. Probably not an issue but something I figured I'd note... I'm imagining that's not really going to affect performance, but have that OCD thing about symmetry wishing it was seated directly beneath the crucible.

Instantly regretted ordering the stealth black as I realized the nickel for example has a mirror finish which really helps with grip. I have no problem with fingerprints. The Stealth finish almost encourages hand slippage. I'm all for practicality here.

Mouthpiece feel where it sort of slips all around makes me paranoid about airflow but it's always sealed even when all the way out to the tippy tip.

Something I noticed about how people have such drastically different experiences, that this vape performance is entirely dependent on 1. Pack 2. Grind Consistecy 3. Properly dry herb 4. Draw speed / Draw resistance 5. Temperature (which varies due to pack, grind, and draw speed/resistance)

With so many variables, and the nature of a convection vape, the actual temp and extraction will vary crucible to crucible/person to person

I'm actually extremely impressed with the vapor production with concentrates and the included pad. I just keep it on custom 428 and let it heat up just a bit longer before I take a draw. No need for that 10 second heatup in concentrate mode.

Have plans to stack as many 3mm Ruby pearls in a crucible as I can. I'm imagining 2 layers of pearls. Will see if that can "soak" up the dab while allowing good airflow. Or maybe get like a Healthstone in there.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So the MV1's proprietary battery pack is a case around two 18650s? That seems really lame to me.

You can't buy a spare battery anymore and they no longer sell the proprietary quick charger either. Weren't they charging like $35 and $95 for those? Was Ghost effectively charging you another $130 to have two spare 18650 cells and a charger with no display or editable controls?

That is why I finally jumped on, I always wanted to try a Ghost but thought it too finicky for a newbie like me. I now have a bit more experience with getting the most from vapes (along with batteries...:wave:Thanks to S&B for offering to swap batteries in the Mighty for US$250) and with a price so low a person would have to be mad to have not jumped on board.:myday:

Top Bottom