Discontinued Ghost MV1

Vitolo

Vaporist
1st batch of refurbished units from the GHOST MV1 Trade-in program has arrived, and low income terminally and Chronically ill patients will be scheduled through the next weeks for orientation, instruction, and placement.
Some of these patients are from the Phoenix area, these orientation sessions will be done via Skype.
Thank you @ghostvapesofficial and Ghost Team, for the chance to improve lives!

Baron23

Well, I’ve been using my Stealth MV1 for the past few weeks. All has been going we until last night. I was using the unit on my night walk with my dog. I pressed the vape button in and it stuck. I cannot get the button to release and it just keeps buzzing and trying to heat. I tried a variety of techniques to release it with no success. I submitted a ticket on Ghost’s website but no word back yet. So bummed.
Did you pull the battery at least to get it to turn off?

Bummer but failures do happen....more often with some products than others but still...they happen.

Baron23,

fatbiker

Did you pull the battery at least to get it to turn off?

Bummer but failures do happen....more often with some products than others but still...they happen.

Yes, I had to pull the battery. The unit is unsafe to use and will remain on my shelf until it is replaced so disappointed.

fatbiker,
Reactions: Baron23

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
Yes, I had to pull the battery. The unit is unsafe to use and will remain on my shelf until it is replaced so disappointed.

I am sorry to hear that. One of our CS team members should be contacting you soon. Please PM if you have any questions.

Nerissa :)

ghostvapesofficial,
Reactions: Summer

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

@fatbiker - I've had a button stick before. It will still time out on the hit, so I don't think you're in any danger. But when you initiate something like a battery check, it will go into fire mode right after. Is yours permanently stuck?

stickstones,

Dragonlore

I've Had my MV1 for less than a week. With the exception of the loose stem and the crucible lid design, I like it a lot. Until the Latch broke today. loaded a crucible, closed the door, and really wasn't getting vapor, then I noticed it was just slightly ajar. Latch no longer catches on the door. Disappointed for so many reasons. Ghost contact has been initiated.

Dragonlore,

fatbiker

Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

@fatbiker - I've had a button stick before. It will still time out on the hit, so I don't think you're in any danger. But when you initiate something like a battery check, it will go into fire mode right after. Is yours permanently stuck?

I can sometimes get it to return to the normal position. However, after I press it again it sticks in. The button is not making perfect contact because it buzzes randomly when it’s pressed in.

fatbiker,

skyvaper

I've Had my MV1 for less than a week. With the exception of the loose stem and the crucible lid design, I like it a lot. Until the Latch broke today. loaded a crucible, closed the door, and really wasn't getting vapor, then I noticed it was just slightly ajar. Latch no longer catches on the door. Disappointed for so many reasons. Ghost contact has been initiated.
This has happened with both my units. If you take some iso on a qtip and clean and wipe all things latch related it has corrected this for both my units. Wipe the groove in the latch. While the latch is open wipe behind the button as if youre trying to open it.

Dragonlore

This has happened with both my units. If you take some iso on a qtip and clean and wipe all things latch related it has corrected this for both my units. Wipe the groove in the latch. While the latch is open wipe behind the button as if youre trying to open it.

Unfortunately, the inner latch is broken. The piece that catches the door has broken off. Not something I'd expect to happen after a few days of moderate use. I don't see the missing piece inside the unit, it must have fallen out when I swung the door open.

Dragonlore,

skyvaper

Unfortunately, the inner latch is broken. The piece that catches the door has broken off. Not something I'd expect to happen after a few days of moderate use. I don't see the missing piece inside the unit, it must have fallen out when I swung the door open.
I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the door popping open. When you said the latch wasnt catching the door I didnt realize it wasnt catching it because it had broken off. I thought mine was broken too when the door kept popping open which is what I hoped for you as its a quick and easy fix. Definitely sucks but ghost will without a doubt get you up and running again soon.

Ohm and Away

This is exactly what happened to me, twice. First time took about a week to break, replacement unit took only a few days. Upon taking the first one apart (when the replacement arrived) to see the issue more clearly, I was left confused as to how other people can possibly not be experiencing this. The latch is a tiny little block of plastic, I don't get how it wouldn't be expected to break given that the door exerts constant outward pressure when it's closed.

Slightly relieved to find I'm not the only person this happened to.

Dragonlore

Pic of break.

14w7kpk.jpg

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
Here's what mine looked like after I took it apart. The part I've circled which has clearly broken off is the same part circled in the post above (the one in the post above just looks cracked though, for mine half of the latch block broke clean off.
dqhxes.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Have you sent the pics to our CS team? If not, I would like to send them with your permission.

ghostvapesofficial,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Summer

Long Island, NY
If this is the case with the few reports of this issue, then this hinge must now be made of plastic? Don't recall ever hearing of this issue by anyone before this new version release. Don't know if it's just the SB or all colors in the new version. I took a look at my earlier version & it's hard to tell cause it's awfully tight to get your finger in there & feel, but it's metal shiny & looks to be made from the same metal as the metal spring band that you see when you will be able to see when look at the inside back of the vape when the crucible door is open. If you look inside you will see what I mean.

@ghostvapesofficial, can you shed some light on this? Was this latch previously metal & is now plastic? And, if so, across all colors or just the Stealth Black? Thanks!

arb

Semi shaved ape
I thought asking questions regards materials and or safety issues was against the rules?

arb,

Ohm and Away

looks to be made from the same metal as the metal spring band that you see when you will be able to see when look at the inside back of the vape when the crucible door is open. If you look inside you will see what I mean

The component is the same as the door release button, it's one single piece that goes through to the inside and turns in to a latch. On the SB edition this component is plastic. The metal spring you speak of is indeed metal and in this case not the same.

Ohm and Away,
Reactions: Summer

Alexis

I thought asking questions regards materials and or safety issues was against the rules?
Im sure that applies in a different context to this one here. This isnt a material safety concern or potential health hazard, but possibly a mere design issue. Not discussing toxicity, offgassing etc.

That is the context which is discouraged in manufacturers threads.

Summer

Long Island, NY

Arb, how can you not talk about it? There's 2 members here & 1 on VLF that has developed this broken latch hinge issue. It has to be talked cause it may very be a mfr'ing batch issue or production run issue, but whatever it is, those of us with the latest-release vapes have the potential of having this issue. Until I know more, I'm being very gentle when I close the crucible door & when I open the latch.

@ghostvapesofficial, I really do think the old version had to be ss judging by the way it looks -- shine, reflection, color. So was the old version ss, or another solid metal or chrome overlaid on plastic? Please do see if you can find out. I think it's an important part of the story, & I'd like to know. :nod: :)

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
@ghostvapesofficial, I really do think the old version had to be ss judging by the way it looks -- shine, reflection, color. So was the old version ss, or another solid metal or chrome overlaid on plastic? Please do see if you can find out. I think it's an important part of the story, & I'd like to know. :nod: :)

It has been confirmed...the latch door clip has always been plastic. The chrome MV1's are plated plastic.

Top Bottom