Ghost MV-1 Speculation and Shipping Thread

Baron23

I cannot believe how many people have such terrible attitudes and negativity. Has Ghost vapes duped anyone here like the Grasshopper did, making you pay for a product that would not be available for more than a year? Has Vape Critic collected any money from you? What is the major malfunction with all you complaining? Do not buy the vaporizer, nobody has a gun to your head. Do not use the App, the vaporizer seems to work fine for the Vape Critic without using it. Your criticisms of this vaporizer and judgment regarding the Vape Critic's integrity are ridiculous and are something out of the new guy in the WH playbook. I am on the waiting list for this vaporizer because it is the closest thing I have seen to offer the features I want. On-demand convection, easily adjustable load size, no stirring, the ability to tweak the temperatures; the App is not ideal but seems to be okay with those using the Crafty, FF2, or the IQ, to name a few: and easy maintenance. Rather than complaining about a product you have not used or even seen first hand, why not talk about the many positives this vaporizer is offering so others in the business will also try to be more innovative rather than continue along the well beaten path of their competitors. As for the personal attacks against the Vape Critic, you all need to bowl up, take a few hits, and lighten the hell up. I am sure lots of you are using vaporizers that were recommended by him or reviewed by him. If he makes a few bucks from the service he provides, I seriously doubt it is equal to the time and effort he puts in for us. Hate to say it, but the vibe with so many of the haters here seems more fitting to those that rallied in Charlotteville than those trying to get information or offer advice.
Amen, brother.

With particular regard to the personal criticism (character assassination?) of Bud by some posters, I hope everybody knows that Bud was banned from this site...oh, about 5 years ago...for stuff that is common on the board today, I believe.

Per Bud: because he had his website URL in his forum signature he was banned with the reason given being: "You have been banned for the following reason: Affiliate links. Commercial interests. Did not contact."

Of course, trying to contact anyone related to admin of FC to work this out is, as many of us know, pretty much impossible if you don't an account. Makes it kind of hard to clear up issues with....your account! LOL

But really, for folks who want to tear Bud's character down....why don't you go to Vape Life Forum and tell him in an arena where he is able to respond. You know, face him like a grown man/woman.

By the by, he is working with FC to get his account back up and running and I hope to see him here soon to discuss his findings on the MV-1 and his review process in general.

Now, as to the vape...I only know what you know which is from the bit of info shared by Ghost on their site and Bud's review. Wrt the vape itself, I believe that Ghost will come to regret a couple of design decisions, or will at least get a lot of push back from the buying community on:

1. Crucible lid not latching on
2. Single control button to cycle through all modes/settings/single set of idiot lights as only display

But, if I'm right....this wouldn't be the first vape to revise slightly their initial design.

Of the two of them, the one I object to most is the lid issue. I tend to vape a set temp (385 for the most part) with maybe a bump at the end to finish and believe I can get by with their control design, but the first time I dump a load of MJ cause of that lid.....yeah, right! LOL

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

CFV/Swift-Pro are full convection already, that's why I didn't get your remark. CFX2 will have variable conduction/convection ratio. CFV already has a dual sensored heater and a helical stainless steel heat exchanger. I think they know what they are doing and are the proof China can be innovative too when it comes to vapes, and not just copy-cats.
China reverse engineers products very well I'll give them that, innovative mmm not so much. Boundless made initial claims that their CFX was full convection.. not sure if you were around for that one.

guyonthecouch,

lwien

Boundless made initial claims that their CFX was full convection.. not sure if you were around for that one.

This is what happens when you have marketing who is not communicating with their designer/manufacturing counterparts. They learned pretty quickly from that mistake.

lwien,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I was not talking about the CFX/CF which indeed were just attempts to copy the Crafty/Mighty.

Many makers claimed bullshit things about their convection ratio. Haze comes to mind for instance with their "convection screens", or more recently Healthy Rips etc.

But let's agree to disagree on the innovative part.

elykpeace

exVASted
Got my email. I think if it really starts shipping out next week I might grab one for the three day trial guarantee from VapeCritic ... Might as well right?

Ghost Vapes
Hi there
We're super excited to let you know that as one of the first people to register your interest for the GHOST MV1, the wait is almost over.

Our first shipments have started to arrive at our US warehouse and we will begin fulfillment of orders next week.

How do I order my GHOST MV1?

Due to the very high demand we have put a system in place to fulfill orders based on your position in the registration list:

* To make sure we know who you are you need to create an account using this email address (the one you registered your interest with)
* When it is your turn to place an order we will email you with a notification
To help speed up the process we recommend creating your account now in advance of your notification

* You will have 24 hours to place your order before we email the next group of customers in the registration list. If you don’t complete your purchase within 24 hours you will still remain on the list but you may lose priority.
CREATE ACCOUNT NOW
Ghost Vapes
Thanks again for your patience - the wait is very nearly over!

The GHOST Team
Ghost Vapes
CONTACT US
FAQS
BECOME A RETAILER
Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook Like us on Instagram
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please click here.
Powered by Propeller

Mr. Me2

Got my email. I think if it really starts shipping out next week I might grab one for the three day trial guarantee from VapeCritic ... Might as well right?

Ghost Vapes
Hi there
We're super excited to let you know that as one of the first people to register your interest for the GHOST MV1, the wait is almost over.

Our first shipments have started to arrive at our US warehouse and we will begin fulfillment of orders next week.

How do I order my GHOST MV1?

Due to the very high demand we have put a system in place to fulfill orders based on your position in the registration list:

* To make sure we know who you are you need to create an account using this email address (the one you registered your interest with)
* When it is your turn to place an order we will email you with a notification
To help speed up the process we recommend creating your account now in advance of your notification

* You will have 24 hours to place your order before we email the next group of customers in the registration list. If you don’t complete your purchase within 24 hours you will still remain on the list but you may lose priority.
CREATE ACCOUNT NOW
Ghost Vapes
Thanks again for your patience - the wait is very nearly over!

The GHOST Team
Ghost Vapes
CONTACT US
FAQS
BECOME A RETAILER
Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook Like us on Instagram
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please click here.
Powered by Propeller
Go for it! If for no other selfish reason than so you can report to us!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Rather than complaining about a product you have not used or even seen first hand, why not talk about the many positives this vaporizer is offering so others in the business will also try to be more innovative rather than continue along the well beaten path of their competitors.

How is praising hypothetical unconfirmed attributes about a product nobody has used any more useful than constructive criticism? You talk it up like you have used it or seen it first hand lol.

The hype on this product is seriously laughable. I challenge you to name one feature on this vaporizer that is actually innovative.

elykpeace

exVASted
Yey elykpeace, now you can be our vape critic for the ghost. Hopefully people won't try to kill you with words after you give your opinion.

Im not affiliated with the product just a member of this community from the looks of it your new around here so welcome. I don't think anyone wants to physically hurt anyone here. Just a bunch of vaporheads looking for that perfect vape. Is this the one we've been waiting for? Prob not but I like being able to test it out and gain my own perspective with the 3 day trial. Worse case I get refunded my money and best scenario is I don't have to buy more Vapes haha (yeah right):rofl:

I challenge you to name one feature on this vaporizer that is actually innovative.

On demand convection with zero draw resistance.

Im not affiliated with the product just a member of this community from the looks of it your new around here so welcome.

Thanks for the welcome, i'm a long time herb smoker who has aging lungs. I was looking to get this vape because it seems to have the features I want, basically what I wanted in the FF2 but without the draw resistance and with actual decent vapor production.

I know there are a lot of other vapes out there worth getting, I was gonna get the solo 2. But i'm on a limited budget and the ghost just seems like it has the type of things I need, I don't usually have more than a few puffs at a time... I don't session vape. I have serious anxiety and I microdose for it.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic

Firewood 4, MistVape Touch, Milaana, Zion, Tubo Evic, The Project and soon Nomad, come to mind and are already delivering that.

But then some people complain about the "zero draw resistance" aspect because they imagine they can huff on it and are disappointed when they are told they need to regulate their draw speed accordingly...

Either the vape creates the right amount of resistance to make it easier to get vapor (ex: Solo or CFV) or you have to regulate yourself (ex: Ascent or all the above) Unsure which is better. The former is easier for noobs, the latter probably more comfortable for those like us with aged lungs...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

"Zero draw resistance" is not technically possible; but it does make more appealing marketing lingo than "open airflow"

I've already posted this multiple times in this thread, but you might want to familiarize yourself with the thermal properties of the alumina ceramic herb chamber as it will certainly be providing a hybrid conduction effect. It really makes you question the skill level of these vaporizer designers to not see glaringly obvious flaws which do not coincide with their marketing.

Tranquility

the App is not ideal but seems to be okay with those using the Crafty, FF2, or the IQ, to name a few
I have both the FF2 and the IQ and hate the apps. I hated them from the first and, with the mention of data breach from using bad SDKs without assurance from the makers they did not use that (those) kit(s), has me hate them even more.

From neighbors who can see bluetooth signal to a breach of the apps, let alone what the manufacturer does with the data collected, I'm not going to buy an app driven vape again. My business is my business.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
nwcytw.png

Nah ... its too big. Cant fit that in my pocket.

SpudBob

I got over my initial enthusiasm and got tired of the delays and opted for a Milaana! No regrets! If the thing turns out to be the BEST VAPE EVER, maybe ill get one down the line. Wait to see the failure rate and quickness of warranty service.

DopeyJ

I also received my initial email, and will be ordering a unit the minute I receive the second.

I trust Bud for the most part, though there are reviews he's given which are questionable (Source Nail and Kandy? I have the nail, it sucks). However, to my eye, this unit solves a problem I had personally been trying to figure out in my custom coil designs: how to use an exposed coil to effectively heat herb suspended above. Yeah, exposed coils get very hot, but they're also very little material. Air is a poor heat conductor anyway, so with little *actual* energy imparted into the system, it tends to either produce little to no vapor, or causes combustion. This unit appears to have solved that with preheating twice in the air path, while also cooling the vapor. If there's a buildup of "vapor honey" or "vapor hash" then so be it. I have a dozen jars with 99% iso for cleaning and extracting various residues for different uses. *Clean* vapor hash produces quite a nice dab. *Dirty* vapor hash (ie: arizer stem with large or no screen) can be dabbable, but usually better for ingestion/topical products. Reclaim (pure, no plant material, from quality concentrates) can be used as a temporary RSO replacement in times of drought (like to prevent a flare up with my Crohn's disease).

I also like how the Ghost is programmed with a concentrate mode that melts then vapes. And there are few, efficient, and effective convection vapes for concentrates, at least to my knowledge. As a medical user, I use herb for the medicinal effects of the particular strain, then boost and prolong the effects with a concentrate of the same variety (sativa/indica/cbd/1:1), and this unit promises to allow me to do just that in one device, on the go.

The Ascent promised that, and I got taken. But this device definitely fixes the engineering mistakes DaVinci made with the Ascent, I think.

People are also saying it only holds 0.1-0.12 or so, and it's bad. But what if this device really is efficient enough to make that go 2-3 times farther, as Bud says? Then capacity isn't that much of an issue. I'm more than happy to invest in a product that will reduce the cost of the consumable material it uses. From all appearances, this device accomplishes this.

In addition, while I am a legal medical consumer in my state, I do have a daughter and do not want to expose her. However, I rely on cannabis for symptom management. There is no device that let's me vape flower efficiently enough that 2-3 draws in 1-2 minutes in 15 second intervals is enough. Bud claims this device will. This would allow me to monitor my daughter at all times and be able to medicate quickly in the bathroom or by the back door, without ever exposing her, and without having to decide between her and symptom relief (which isn't really a decision. Spending time with her, every time.)

This device has the potential to be a godsend. And if it's not, Bud is offering a 3 day, personal, buyback guarantee. Meaning, if unsatisfied for ANY reason, he will personally buy it back, with his OWN money, and with no help or connection to the company.

With that kind of guarantee, he's putting himself at risk. That includes up to 2,000 quick chargers.

Who would do that without being 100% confident in the product they're touting?

jay87

This device has the potential to be a godsend. And if it's not, Bud is offering a 3 day, personal, buyback guarantee. Meaning, if unsatisfied for ANY reason, he will personally buy it back, with his OWN money, and with no help or connection to the company.

With that kind of guarantee, he's putting himself at risk. That includes up to 2,000 quick chargers.

Who would do that without being 100% confident in the product they're touting?

I would imagine someone who's affiliated and paid to do so would for sure exude that kind of confidence :brow:

A lot of vaporizer companies send out review models to multiple reviewers right? Ghost decided to only send them to one reviewer.

The fact that the only reviewer who is allowed to see the product is also affiliated with the company, and then ranks it at his #1 all time instantly is a bit fishy to me.

I'll judge whether I really want to purchase this vaporizer based off of user results and independent reviewers regardless of a "fancy guarantee" :lol:

SpudBob

Who would do that without being 100% confident in the product they're touting?......Perhaps someone with a big financial stake in all this. Why WOULD Bud offer to do that??? Maybe Ghost is financing the buyback? Don't really know but I know I wouldn't unless I had the opportunity to gain doing it. Thats just me though. Im a suspicious MFer

Dang Jay87 you beat me to the punch!!!!!!

Top Bottom