Ghost MV-1 Speculation and Shipping Thread

SiDankies

Since when do convection vapes need stirring lol? The FF2 is just a POS that people were suckered into. Convection is supposed to pass warm air through the herb chamber. Conduction heats around the herb. If any needs stirring it's a 100% conduction. This is why hybrids are usually the best in terms of production. (Mighty, air, vapcap etc.)

As someone pointed out above, DO NOT WAIT on this. People waited on the grasshopper for years and look how thag went.

As I stated in the past, more parts = better chance of failure.

Look at the MFLB, it doesn't tske 20000 parts to create heat necessary to extract our goods.

Stormsend

Am I the only one who is feeling some red flags from this device? At first I was excited for it also.

Stormsend,
Reactions: Krahl

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I just watched vape critic's follow-up review (the long one), in which he tries to clarify things. one thing he said was that it's not always necessary, and people might not bother, but if you want full extraction, you do have to stir the crucible at some point mid-way. he says that any all-convection vape will need at least some stirring, due to the fact that the hot air finds pathways through material in the crucible/bowl/chamber, inevitably missing some spots. this makes sense to me, but also makes wonder if this isn't why S&B haven't come out with an all-convection portable. I guess I'm spoiled by the ease of use of the mighty: not fussy about grind, simple to use, even-color ABV every time - and no stirring.

it sounds like the MV1 will be less fussy than the FF2, as far as stirring and grind, but if the vape critic's right, it isn't 'stir-free' - and no all-convection portable will ever be. too bad - if true.
The GH is full convection, no stir:tup:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I knew that I would never visit the Vapecritic's site again when I read this there:

I worked closely with the makers of this new XS model after helping them identify the areas that could be improved, and they did a really good job implementing the things we talked about. I now honestly feel that this is one of the best portable vaporizers under $200 that I own (currently $180).

That is already some time ago and I just went back there to copy & paste the text here. It was obvious, latest from that point, that he is just another "bought" influencer. His hype around the Ghost MV-1 (just read that stuff on his website minutes ago) is ridiculous. Bye, bye, VapeCritic. I appreciated your site before that sellout started.

bobo305

I knew that I would never visit the Vapecritic's site again when I read this there:

That is already some time ago and I just went back there to copy & paste the text here. It was obvious, latest from that point, that he is just another "bought" influencer. His hype around the Ghost MV-1 (just read that stuff on his website minutes ago) is ridiculous. Bye, bye, VapeCritic. I appreciated your site before that sellout started.
agreed. vc is compromised, kinda like Walt in breaking bad.

CbdLife

I am getting it
If it works as advertised then it will have a place in my rotation.
"Zero" draw resistance and cool vapor are the selling points to me
Item will ship out next week as per vape critic, also it's now a 5 year warranty instead of 2 if the app is downloaded. Also first 1000 sales get a free fast charger and the next 1000 sales get the charger half off..

So which of your brave souls plan on taking a jump on this?

I'm probably gonna get it, I basically wanted a firefly with less draw resistance and more vapor. This seems to do that, i'll probably wait for what some people have to say about it then get it. I really don't care about the vape critic or what the people say about vape critic, I really don't even give a shit about ghost's shitty marketing.

Bottom line if it works better than a firefly 2 people will get it, myself included. I just wish the company made the design a little more sleek, for whats supposed to be stealth it really sticks out. But I don't really even care, I just want a semi portable vape for around my apartment and very rarely outside. I also wish the company put clamps on the crucible so I could buy quite a few and preload them, but hey... hopefully there is a : a reason why they haven't or b: they'll release crucibles with top clamps.

I do like the removable chamber thats smaller for myself, I like on demand convection because i'm the kind of smoker that doesn't smoke sessions at a time. I hit a bowl, sometimes two. Then i'm usually done till later in the day.. if they deliver on this working, i'm on board.

It's sad to say i'll be getting a product that for me personally is possibly better than anything else on the market, but still had the potential to do so much more. I still think they could've made the thing sleek with massive batteries and a heat sink... it still would've been big but just sleek. Also, i'll roll with the phone app but... i'd really like a goddamn lcd display.

grokit

well-worn member
Download the app and warranty changes from two years to five :tup:
Download the app and get access to higher temperatures :tup:
Without the app the mv-1 seems pretty incomplete :freak:
I'm not saying if this is a good or bad thing :shrug:
Just shut up and download the app :borg:!

:whip:

Baron23

Fuckapps

Not to be a negative Nancy, but please...no freaking apps.
I hate this trend.
I don't care for them either. An appliance should be self-contained and able to operate and function fully without my fucking iphone having to be in the act.

I suspect that if I get one (which I most likely will), that I will set up temps for the two heat levels that can be customized and then pretty much leave it alone.

I don't really care for apps or even people with smartphones who constantly have them in their faces because i'm an old man (get off my lawn ect). But it's not a deal breaker for me... I just wish the company would draw incentives elsewhere for using the app, I get that they wanna harvest info from people. I just think that it should have nothing to do with the warranty or cost of a better charger, I think they should send you an extra crucible pack for subscribing to the app.

Still though, as long as it performs better than the firefly 2... which also relies heavily on an app, i'll buy the thing.

Let's be real though, most people have smart phones. I do agree with you though, the company should just let the product speak for itself... if they think it's gonna be functional for most people for a five year period, just leave it that way. I suppose it's because the mighty is only a two year warranty from what i'm reading?

They definitely aren't going for the whole consumer loyalty though, I think they're so confident that they don't care. Either that or it's because it's a new company ironing out details on what they think they can do and being advised to be greedy, like most companies are.

I live in Canada, so the data mining doesn't bother me at all. Even if I didn't live here I wouldn't really care tbh, it's probably just them seeing what temps people are using on the vape for future models.

if the MV1 turns out to have a serious design flaw that only becomes apparent with prolonged use (how long did it take for the crafty's issues to come up?), Ghost might not even be around in 5 years.

I'm good if it lasts 3 years, while being something that i'll use on a daily basis. With Ghost's odd company policies, I see more established companies like storz and bickle or firely taking a look at the heatsink copying it and outdoing it in a few years.

I wish the people at Ghost would stop paying bands and the vape critic and put it into customer support, to answer questions and maybe a marketing division that didn't announce it too early.

Top Bottom