Ghost MV-1 Speculation and Shipping Thread

sweetherb

I find myself feeling less and less excited about the release of this vape.

In fact, I can't help wondering whether this would just disappear into obscurity if Bud was not using his audience to push it so much.

Given the design, I just can't see this being a Mighty killer.

bobo305

I find myself feeling less and less excited about the release of this vape.

In fact, I can't help wondering whether this would just disappear into obscurity if Bud was not using his audience to push it so much.

Given the design, I just can't see this being a Mighty killer.
considering he revamped his whole website to push this vape, he has a lot riding on it. throw ALL impartiality out the window, he's compromised.

MoltenTiger

One popped up on my Instagram feed a few days ago. Not a lot has been said, but apparently it's tasty, and seemingly powerful

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYN_lOtFFeC/

Hailing from Europe's Vaposhop, Ghost are gearing up and getting ready to launch.
It's definitely real, and I found the pictures in that post made it look quite slick and stylish.

I'm not a fan of its interface and its measly 15 second puffs, but this thing has huge potential. It's catching a market wave, the vape market is exploding so there's little doubt this corporate force is set to do very well. Just watch it.

It's still not a product I like though, too many shortfalls for anyone with experience. However experience is as rare as hens teeth relatively and those with it unfortunately represent the most tiny fraction of potential buyers.

When the reviews come out, what are they going to compare it to? The Pax, the FF2 and the Crafty/Mighty. These are all lacking devices, so the comparison will be pretty skewed further fueling the hype and attracting inexperienced new comers. It doesn't really matter but it'd be best for most if people promoted the better alternatives - tubo evic, splinter/RBT, supreme V3, even the Solo 2. Comparitively, and I've tried none of them or the Ghost MV-1, I think they would be a better value purchase and might offer better style vaping.

What do other people think about 15 second cut-outs?
I think that leads my list of deal breakers with it, on top of complexity, battery charging realities, stupid user interface, Bluetooth connectivity and style. Haha

virtualpurple

I'm not big on short timers like that either.

I want to believe the hype for this thing, but it really has a steep hill to climb if it wants to sit with some of the finer portables and really shine.

I've been trying to not look at VapeCritics videos or whatnot. I have really appreciated his reviews in the past and don't like that people are feeling that they're being shilled.

Razshiro

I'm not big on short timers like that either.

I want to believe the hype for this thing, but it really has a steep hill to climb if it wants to sit with some of the finer portables and really shine.

I've been trying to not look at VapeCritics videos or whatnot. I have really appreciated his reviews in the past and don't like that people are feeling that they're being shilled.

I have exactly the same feelings about this vape/Bud, We really need to wait a bit and more reviews/user feedback will come !!
COMING-SOON-500X500.png

MoltenTiger

I'm still good if it does better than the firefly 2 or solo 2.
From what I gather that's quite a wide range of performance.
I'd expect the Ghost MV-1 to be like the FF2 while performing like the Solo 2.
The performance I'm interested in, but if I was buying I see no reason not to just get the Solo.

Reviews will be interesting

MoltenTiger,

darbarikanada

What do other people think about 15 second cut-outs?

if it indeed has lower draw resistance than the mighty (so sez vape critic), then 15 sec. would be more than adequate for me personally.

if it realistically produces flavorful clouds like in his video, and doesn't have technical glitches, the only issue I see is stirring. the ghost site claims 'no stirring', and bud initially agreed, but later said it's not entirely stir-free, that you might want to stir - but don't really have to; stirring's just to get 100% extraction (vs. I think he said 90-something % without).

given the buzz, there'll be plenty of user reviews within a week or two of release. I'm looking forward to what will undoubtedly be a lively conversation!

I'd expect the Ghost MV-1 to be like the FF2 while performing like the Solo 2.
The performance I'm interested in, but if I was buying I see no reason not to just get the Solo.

You just stated the reason, i'd buy it if it performed like the Solo 2 but worked like the FF2. I want this because I don't smoke a lot all at once.. plus i'd like pure convection taste.

CL52613

I cannot believe how many people have such terrible attitudes and negativity. Has Ghost vapes duped anyone here like the Grasshopper did, making you pay for a product that would not be available for more than a year? Has Vape Critic collected any money from you? What is the major malfunction with all you complaining? Do not buy the vaporizer, nobody has a gun to your head. Do not use the App, the vaporizer seems to work fine for the Vape Critic without using it. Your criticisms of this vaporizer and judgment regarding the Vape Critic's integrity are ridiculous and are something out of the new guy in the WH playbook. I am on the waiting list for this vaporizer because it is the closest thing I have seen to offer the features I want. On-demand convection, easily adjustable load size, no stirring, the ability to tweak the temperatures; the App is not ideal but seems to be okay with those using the Crafty, FF2, or the IQ, to name a few: and easy maintenance. Rather than complaining about a product you have not used or even seen first hand, why not talk about the many positives this vaporizer is offering so others in the business will also try to be more innovative rather than continue along the well beaten path of their competitors. As for the personal attacks against the Vape Critic, you all need to bowl up, take a few hits, and lighten the hell up. I am sure lots of you are using vaporizers that were recommended by him or reviewed by him. If he makes a few bucks from the service he provides, I seriously doubt it is equal to the time and effort he puts in for us. Hate to say it, but the vibe with so many of the haters here seems more fitting to those that rallied in Charlotteville than those trying to get information or offer advice.

MoltenTiger

I cannot believe how many people have such terrible attitudes and negativity. Has Ghost vapes duped anyone here like the Grasshopper did, making you pay for a product that would not be available for more than a year? Has Vape Critic collected any money from you? What is the major malfunction with all you complaining? Do not buy the vaporizer, nobody has a gun to your head. Do not use the App, the vaporizer seems to work fine for the Vape Critic without using it. Your criticisms of this vaporizer and judgment regarding the Vape Critic's integrity are ridiculous and are something out of the new guy in the WH playbook. I am on the waiting list for this vaporizer because it is the closest thing I have seen to offer the features I want. On-demand convection, easily adjustable load size, no stirring, the ability to tweak the temperatures; the App is not ideal but seems to be okay with those using the Crafty, FF2, or the IQ, to name a few: and easy maintenance. Rather than complaining about a product you have not used or even seen first hand, why not talk about the many positives this vaporizer is offering so others in the business will also try to be more innovative rather than continue along the well beaten path of their competitors. As for the personal attacks against the Vape Critic, you all need to bowl up, take a few hits, and lighten the hell up. I am sure lots of you are using vaporizers that were recommended by him or reviewed by him. If he makes a few bucks from the service he provides, I seriously doubt it is equal to the time and effort he puts in for us. Hate to say it, but the vibe with so many of the haters here seems more fitting to those that rallied in Charlotteville than those trying to get information or offer advice.
I use a sub and a hopper, hands down the best vapes for me and my usage. Vape critic and I have different habits, people with a habit like mine aren't going to be well served by the MV1 for the reasons I laid out before. I think those aspects are worth considering for anyone buying a new product, but there's not a one size fits all vape. For some it'll be just fine, for others it's barely considerable.
The benefits of this vape aren't unique but there's plenty content with what it will do, which is very understandable. The thing is, I don't see a feature worth waiting for - other than its style. Everything else it does can be bested, or so it seems atm. It's going to be attractive to a huge amount of people, a portion of which will be well served by it.
For everyone else the hype seems silly, but there's still every chance it surprises us.
If you watch vape critics reviews for the two most powerful vaporizers (the ones I use), it's clear performance isn't as important to him as style. So when he starts pitching a powerful vape as the shit, it's more likely this one is weak enough for him to enjoy using. Which is fine but I'll stick to raw power and deal with the side effects of it. That's what vaping is for me. This device shouldn't be aimed at heavy, power hungry users. It should be aimed at lighter users who want a Mighty without the price tag and removable batteries. That's actually heaps of people and I expect this device to do pretty well.
So does the Vape Critic, so he's right to flaunt it. It's all part of the market design, which is mainly what people are hating on by attacking the poor pawn on the front line.

Reviews are meant to be honest and unbiased. If you are a reviewer it's up to you to hold face. VC chose money over face, yet again, and he'll be laughing all the way to the bank where he stores all his Kandy pen money. I doubt he is influenced by anyone who fails to know the definition of a shill.

It's very similar to mobile phone reviews right now, it's very hard to find a professional reviewer who has done a just job. The Samsung S8 is not the best model but that's what the pros will tell is.

Anyone who really wants to know what's up needs to listen to and watch an enthusiast. Their reviews will not hold the S8 or the MV1 in the same light - especially if bought with their hard earned. Unless it genuinely is that good, and here's to hoping!

This vape is corporate, as hard as it is to find info on Herbal Concepts Ltd. (Ghost), three lifelong friends with 90+ years experience cashing in on product hype by growing a team with a lot of mouths to feed.

When there are enthusiasts dedicating their life to product design and production I think they deserve the limelight over a data mining, all profiteering hype machine. Especially when the chances the performance is matched and outclassed by the enthusiasts product is so likely.

I'm always happy for a surprise but on this niche forum we talk in fact not hype. There's been minimal negativity really, nothing too ridiculous at least.
Wait for the comparisons, this is definitely a good product but it's not yet the 'best' or even 'better'.
For many it'll be near perfect and that's great, but waiting for it seems hopeful at this stage.

Anyway that's just my 2c and I don't mean to be a negative Nancy :p
I've been able to realise this device isn't for me from the get go, so if you realise it is for you all the more power to you and good luck :)

Lets not get hysterical bro. Comparing this thread to Charlotteville is absurd.

Stormsend

Please sit down lol and stop speaking.

guyonthecouch

Personally, I feel like the price point is a little high. If it was offering some new crazy tech than maybe but it's not offering anything super innovative. China's gonna knock this thing off in 2. seconds flat.. they probably already have. At least maybe now the shenzen manufacturers will be able to teach some of these american "vape" companies what convection is(ahem.. boundless).
Apps are wack.. don't want to be managing two devices to control one of them. For desktops, an app on top of analog controls would be aight.
Fiddling with hot crucibles that aren't sealed on the go or even stationary won't be fun.. especially if your lid plans to venture off in the breeze.
The low draw resistance sounds interesting but I'm not seeing how the design would allow for this.. airpath seems toight.
Cleaning parts should be easy but keeping debris out of the coil area may prove difficult.
Charging times seem long but at least you can swap the expensive battery packs. Size still seems a little big for a true portable.. not gonna want to carry around the unit+extra battery pack in your pockets.. can it be used while charging? If so, true pass through power?
Not sure how they're affiliated with the band on their instagram but it's kind of a turn off for me.. show us the product already.

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I confess to being interested in this vape and I haven't gotten too worked up about the VC shilling but I find it a little troubling that their website shows this:

nwcytw.png

without disclosing that he has a relationship with the company.

Seriously this is just bad.

m0sh,
Reactions: Saman65

lwien

Man, and I haven't even weighed in yet.......:brow:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
CFV/Swift-Pro are full convection already, that's why I didn't get your remark. CFX2 will have variable conduction/convection ratio. CFV already has a dual sensored heater and a helical stainless steel heat exchanger. I think they know what they are doing and are the proof China can be innovative too when it comes to vapes, and not just copy-cats.

Top Bottom