• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

G9 electric nails

PPN

Volute of Vapor
A new e-nail from a company called Greenlightvapes, http://www.greenlightvapes.com/

they offer different products called E-nail, D-nail and vapes pens...I don't think it's a very goodwebsite (in term of design and not really informative) and video of e-liquid dabbing is awful!

I'm waiting soon a D-nail classic test unit from them but, to be honnest, I don't get any experience with this sort of electric nails and I expect your help!

Here some pics from their website and I'll try to post here my first video of my FCer entire life!

20150318174479637963.jpg

20150318141958395839.jpg

I don't think there is really something new here but do you think it's a well built unit?
What is the better t° for alow temp dab... I always thought the 710 t° was just for the fun to see OIL written on the screen, isn't it?

I'll post here my review I can only compare it with a nail+torch combo, vape pens, convection dab and Hercule SR-74 but not with another electric nail since it will be my first one!

And I'm very excited...maybe I'll get it tomorrow, can't wait to test it!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My D-nail from Greenlight is here, arrived yesterday in perfect condition!

Since it's my first e-nail I can't compare it but I can tell you everything seems very well built and fits perfectly, heating time is something like 10mn maxi.

After a 20mn burnoff at 900 I done 1 dab at factory setting (710)...not my t° at all so I set it down to 630 and I get perfect smooth and tasty hits...

I didn't realize how this sort of setup medicate you a lot, it was a long time ago I was stoned like that! I need to use it carefully!

About taste I prefer honnestly a fresh cleaned Hercule, or a low t° dab with a quartz nail but my ti-nail is not the better and I didn't tested the provided one yet. Although I need to test some lower t°....to sublimate the taste!

I'll try to make a video the next weeks but don't expect a big dab session I'm a lightweight with dabbing!

Here some pics (my first time...!):

NoDgc5i.jpg

Sorry for the bad phone pics!

tI8946X.jpg

Thanks for looking

Vcx5wu5.jpg

Detonator

looks cool, and it from China! Bonus! I cant figure out how much they are? did you have to email em and negotiate a price?

Detonator,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes I forgotten to mention it comes from China....sorry, my unit is a sample test unit and I don't know the retail price, I already asked them but still get any answer.....

I understood it's a young company but peoples seems nice and the product speaks itself.....it already killed my concentrates stash I need to plan to blast some tubes or maybe I'll try the Rosin tek...

Detonator

I really don't care if it is from China... I would like to know how much they are..

Detonator,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Since it's not a really high tech the "made in China" is not a problem for me, I didn't used the provided nail yet maybe here you can find better quality (although it's normally not provided with the D-nail I got....)

First heating time I done a 30mn burn off cause the coil was emiting some fumes, now there is no fumes and no smell.

They told me price might be very cheap and they will provide a lifetime warranty (if you are ready to deal with international shipping cost...).

And it comes in a metal carry box too....

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Just an update about warranty, US customers get a service center in California so no need to send it in China for warranty!

Set it at 610 and I get amazing taste and smooth hits, I notice a big difference of heat between the nail's cups, the small one gave me harsher hits and the larger smoother hitsat the same t°...

At 590-600 taste is superb but vapor is whispy and you don't get the kick, At 620-630 it kicks harder but vapor is a bit harsh so I choose, for the moment, a 610 setting which is a nice compromise between taste and kick.

I'm pretty satisfied with my e-nail, I think it's a nice setup for people who can't afford a high end unit (I always dream about a VB2....I always wait for the flexo....but I got this opportunity and I'm very happy to jump on it).

Dab in chain!

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Any reasons to get this if I don't want visual temperature control and have a Hammer?

Last edited:
paytonpenn,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Easier to use, every dab is a success and you need t° control! (this is the e-nail purpose, t° stability...)

Although if I loved the hammmer it was for its dabbing capacity (but I get so much concentrates tools choice I decided to let the Hammer go....I think I'll regret it!)

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Easier to use, every dab is a success and you need t° control! (this is the e-nail purpose, t° stability...)

Although if I loved the hammmer it was for its dabbing capacity (but I get so much concentrates tools choice I decided to let the Hammer go....I think I'll regret it!)
Is that control accurate? I don't get that wispy hits of when I vape at oil at 400F.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I think the t° that you read is the t° of the coil, the cup should be a bit colder.

I never got thick clouds with pure concentrates at 400F except if I use cotton which increase the contact surface.

And about the Hammer if you want a dab from a cold start you need at least a 40s preheat at full blast and 2x10s of "residues" hits so 1mn of heating time and butane for 1 dab....

Be sure I love my hammer but it's better for an occasionnal dab than for an evening dabbing session!

I know you love your Hammer! (and I already seen before your nice dabbing video too..)

edit: whenI told whispy hits it's in comparison with a high temp dab, it's less thick but so tasty!
although I agree , with the right t°, the Hammer can delivers thick and tasty clouds.

Last edited:
PPN,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I set the temp at 520 now and I uses a cheap quartz nail....hits are tasty and smooth as hell!

In the cheaper range price this e-nail works really well, although I never tried another one!

I'm looking for a 20mm coil now....

PPN,

garymon

I can see a new product on their website, I never saw that before, it's an electric nectar collector, here the link: http://www.greenlightvapes.com/productsdetail.asp?id=9

and a pic:
20150416173240924092.jpg

Nice piece isn't it?

The G9 unit is $309.

I found this reseller (vaporizerwoeld) on DHGate selling it at $238.64. They have only made 41 sales (store wide) and 3 sales of this kit but do have 100% Feed back.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/newes...-d-nail/248202881.html?recinfo=17,0,3#svh-3-5

I'm new to buying from DHGate/China. Any thoughts on either of these vendors?

i want a portable rig that will meet or exceed my desktop rig (710 domeless on a Hi Si). I experimented with wax pens but wasn't too impressed. Sounds like a NC comes the closest. Plus the case, the dnail and heater.

I'm just worried I will pick to wrong vendor and get get ripped off.

Btw, dnail has a version of this hard case, heater, coil combo for $1,100. I found one YouTube review of that unit which was very positive. In this version they don't mount the control unit into the case, looks like it is just in there lose. I can see arguments for both approaches. Thoughts?

garymon,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, contact them on greenlightvapes.com, I'm convinced you can get a cheaper price!

PPN,

garymon

Hi, contact them on greenlightvapes.com, I'm convinced you can get a cheaper price!

Thank you, PPN. I may follow up with them eventually as you suggest but I am waffling too much right now to feel good about this purchase. Seller has few sales and no reviews. I've also read some criticism of cutting out the case for the control unit display and ports, namely that it will compromise the case in both structural integrity and water proofing. Which makes sense and is likely why D-nail didn't do the same.

In the meantime I think I might grab one of the kits for $30 (sans case and d-nail) from one of the FC reviewed vendors just to see if I like the Nectar Collector as much as I hope I will.

If I do, then I will likely get this d-nail kit since the whole thing costs so much less than the dnail tip and heater alone from D-nail and likely give the extra NC to a friend. I wish someone on DHGate was selling just the heater/nail so I could buy my way into this set-up in phases.

garymon,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My G9 d-nail get a nice box with soft edges, I'm pretty convinced it's not waterproof although!

I can't compare it to another e-nail but it looks very similar (exterior body only) to Auber, D-nail and others brands stuff.
I set mine at 520 and t° is enough stable (+or- 10°F) except when I put a cold (ambient t°)carbcap on (here the t° can make a 100°F drop!).
At this setting I can get very tasty and cloudy hit and I'm even thinking to set it a bit down more (maybe something like 505-510), absolutely no pooling at all!

The provided nail is a shit imho, don't fit well 18mm too, I ordered a cheap boro nail for e-nail, it helps for a better taste but the provided carbcap don't act at all so I use my ti carb cap with my boro nail!

I was thinking the G9 d-nail was a 90-120$ range unit (I saw this price on alibaba), for 238$ I think Auber or another better brand is a better choice

PPN,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
This company really shouldn't be using the term "D-Nail", since it is the name of a specific company. I'm pretty sure D-Nail would be pissed off if people were confusing their products (which are all made in the USA or Canada) for Chinese knockoffs.

EDIT @PPN Sorry. I just edited my post because I didn't realize that the company was advertising them as D-Nails (which is absolutely ridiculous). Dab on my friend, and happy holidays!

Last edited:
kindbeats,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I think you mean "e-nail". D-Nail is the name of a specific company that makes e-nails (which were originally created by Taskrok and his company, Highly Educated). I just want to clarify because I'm pretty sure D-Nail would be pissed off if people were confusing their products (which are all made in the USA or Canada) for Chinese knockoffs.
Yes I understand....although the unit I get is listed under the GreenLightVapes website as a "d-nail"(and there is another unit called the e-nail!)!

I understand your concern and i'll be carefully in the future, I would like to get a D-nail (a true) but it is so expensive!

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Yes I understand....although the unit I get is listed under the GreenLightVapes website as a "d-nail"(and there is another unit called the e-nail!)!

I understand your concern and i'll be carefully in the future, I would like to get a D-nail (a true) but it is so expensive!

No worries at all. I edited my post after rereading the first post of the thread.

kindbeats,
Top Bottom