Fuck you !!!

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Bester & Smith...definitely.

And Tweek...Clifford Simak...wow...almost forgot him. He was one of my favorites growing up.:tup:

Well FUCK...aren't we turning into the Weekly Book Club!

Fuck everyone on here that likes the same great literature that I do.

A very warm...FUCK YOU!:):rockon::wave:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Never read him, Tweek, but if I had to place a bet, I don't think man versus machine is the scenario. What I do believe though is that man and machine will become one in our search for immortality. We are already on that path.
My greatest fear is that humanity is just a speed bump in the evolution of life.

:peace:

Edit: Fuck evolution. (to keep thread relevance intact)

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
"Inspector Drayton sat, solidly planted behind the desk, and waited. He was a rawboned man with a face that looked as if it might have been hacked, by a dull hatchet, out of a block of gnarled wood. His eyes were points of flint and at times they seemed to glitter, and he was angry and upset. But such a man, Peter Maxwell knew, would never give way to any kind of anger. There was, behind that anger, a bulldog quality that would go plodding on, undisturbed by anger." :)

Fuck you all for forgetting Diamond Dogs by Alastair Reynolds,quite a good read and i found somewhat disturbing,because i do see us(or at least some) going that way if we make it that far even without being prompted by an alien artefact...

Fuck my Nikon D-90 for finally completely giving up the ghost...:(

Edit button was gone,so new post i'm afraid.
Had some time to reflect and i do miss some fucking good SF-writers still.
To name a few(sorry if i did mention someone who had already been mentioned,given the topic though...fuck it! :p) :
Larry Niven(/Jerry Pournelle),Fritz Leiber,Neil Gaiman,Tanith Lee,Stanisław Lem,Jules Verne,Arthur Conan Doyle,Aldous Huxley.

Best short SF-story i ever read(can't find it anywhere...fuck me...!) was basically a 1(and a bit) page story,which had aliens coming who could help us with free,clean energy,fix the pollution etc. and just before turning this one page also told all caucasians to relax and not too worry,because...

"We have the cure!"
:lol:

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't know, man. Humanity is not all it's cracked up to be. While there are glimpses of greatness, there is such a overabundance of "wrongdoing", that one has to wonder if humanity deserves to survive.
I agree with you there. Humans probably won't be too terribly missed. We had a good run, though didn't we? Those pyramids are pretty sweet. Of course they were built by slave labor for a king. :disgust:

Yeah.... fuck us.

:peace:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
And if you were a special slave during that time you got the "privilege" of being buried alive with your former ruler when he died. After all...a pharaoh needs his "help" in the afterlife.

Wasn't life just spiffy back then? :whip:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Sushi anyone...?
29xfz13.jpg

2d9uxrq.jpg

Last edited:

Tweek

I don't know, man. Humanity is not all it's cracked up to be. While there are glimpses of greatness, there is such a overabundance of "wrongdoing", that one has to wonder if humanity deserves to survive.

Just saw a news report about a murder that happened here 3 years ago...young guy was walking home at 3am after celebrating his sisters birthday. A gang of guys jump out of their SUV, beat him severely and then run him over, killing him. Police revealed some footage in hopes of catching these cowards, and they theorize the victim went to try and hail a cab, and accidentally hit their SUV with his hand, and that was what motivated them to pull over and attack him.

That's the kind of shit that makes me question the human race...killing a dude just because he accidentally touched your car? WTF? :disgust:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
There will come a time...

And that time looks to be early 2014:

What if you never had to worry about food again?
For many people, on many occasions, food is a hassle, especially when trying to eat well. Suppose we had a default meal that was the nutritional equivalent of water: cheap, healthy, convenient and ubiquitous. Soylent will be personalized for different body types and customizable based on individual goals. It allows one to enjoy the health benefits of a well balanced diet with less effort and cost.

content.png

Soylent Version 0.8

For anyone who struggles with allergies, heartburn, acid reflux or digestion, has trouble controlling weight or cholesterol, or simply doesn't have the means to eat well, soylent is for you.

Soylent frees you from the time and money spent shopping, cooking and cleaning, puts you in excellent health, and vastly reduces your environmental impact by eliminating much of the waste and harm coming from agriculture, livestock, and food-related trash.

There are problems with the current state of food

50% of the food produced globally is wasted, and food makes for the largest component of municipal garbage. If not for this waste there would be plenty of food to adequately nourish everyone alive. 2 million people are killed annually by smoke inhalation from indoor cooking stoves alone. 70% of americans are overweight or obese. 1 in 7 people globally are malnourished, and 1 in 3 in the developing world suffer from deficiency. Countless others are living hand-to-mouth, subsistence farming, hindering economic development. Even in the developed world, agriculture is the most dangerous industry to work in by occupational injuries and illnesses, and obesity is on the rise.

By taking years to spoil, dramatically reducing cost, and easing transportation and storage, soylent could have a dramatic effect on hunger and malnutrition. Proceeds from the purchase of soylent enable us to work with aid partners and reduce hunger and environmental impact both in the United States and the developing world.

Think about what the future of food looks like. Imagine everyone having a customized, efficient, nutritious default diet and the freedom to eat for leisure as desired. It is a bright, healthy future indeed.

Have questions about Soylent? Please check out our blog for more information!

What the early adopters are saying

"I've lost weight. I have lots of energy...Drinking soylent allows me to feel in a precise manner the difference between actual biologically-motivated hunger and the simple wanting of food."

"The cognitive effects are extremely noticeable, in fact the most noticeable for me."

"So far I've noticed a lot of what you all have been mentioning: healthier skin, less fatigue, focus even with less sleep."

"My mood experience! It has improved a lot lately. And by a lot, I mean A LOT."

"The beauty of Soylent is that it is essentially flavorless thus allowing the user to customize from glass to glass. Anything we consume should be enjoyable."

"The taste is awesome."

"The time and money saved is making me really happy. Especially the time."

"As a Biologist/Chemist I approve of Soylent and really want to start using it."

Media Coverage

Chan notes that there’s no evidence that the consistency of food, be it liquid or diet, affects health or nutrition.
I asked Mirtallo if I could live a healthy life just drinking medical food from here on out. “You can completely,” he says.

Soylent contains all the nutritive components of a balanced diet but just a third of the calories and none of the toxins or cancer-causing stuff you'd usually find in your lunch of processed foods.

“This is absurd,” [Rob] thought. “Why am I working on wireless networks? People don’t need better wireless networks. People need better food.” Food, he already knew, wasn’t only a problem for the hungry and the sick.

We’re not just too busy to cook and clean up. In Rhinehart’s view, the act of eating is a task that technology can make more efficient—or eliminate entirely. It also reflects fears about scarce resources: the worry that we may not have enough food, or the infrastructure to distribute it, to feed Earth’s growing population reliably.

The Team...
https://campaign.soylent.me/soylent-free-your-body
https://campaign.soylent.me/soylent-free-your-body

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Top Bottom