Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm sorry you are feeling bad @mvapes . :(

Ok, here are pictures from today's office visit at the orthopedic doctor. Took pictures before and after suture removal. Then I took pictures of the x-rays. Look at all those screws! :o

16jq739.jpg

bjai4g.jpg

33epxxe.jpg

21dhrvd.jpg

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Cyber nothing, @Vicki is going for Bionic Woman!

See if you can get a built-in vape next time, Vicki. :)

And, @mvapes , I'm sorry you are being such a stick-in-the-mud, inflexible jerk, craptastically spastic, and unbending... have to use more rude terms to really fit in here, I know.... but, if I could, I'd just send you an ethereal massage to make it better.

Perhaps, next time you dab, you'll inhale all the relax you need. :)

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Mom and Vicki will understand this the most because they both know me. I seized and fell down my stairs again. Fucked up my leg a little. And embarrassed my self.

mvapes,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Mom and Vicki will understand this the most because they both know me. I seized and fell down my stairs again. Fucked up my leg a little. And embarrassed my self.
@mvapes it sounds like we need to order you up one of those bubble wrap suits that Vicki and I have been sporting around town.....keep this up and you are going to also have to join the bionic club that the two of us have formed. :\ What's the deal? You jealous of all the titanium we've got going on? :myday:

@Vicki, as awful as that arm looks right now, it looks better than it did. You aren't there yet, but you are well on your way to the amount of fake joints and screws i have, lol. I'm hoping this was the "last hurrah" in accidents for you. Enough is enough.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
@mvapes it sounds like we need to order you up one of those bubble wrap suits that Vicki and I have been sporting around town.....keep this up and you are going to also have to join the bionic club that the two of us have formed. :\ What's the deal? You jealous of all the titanium we've got going on? :myday:

@mvapes here you go...::hands him a bubble wrap suit::

@Vicki, as awful as that arm looks right now, it looks better than it did. You aren't there yet, but you are well on your way to the amount of fake joints and screws i have, lol. I'm hoping this was the "last hurrah" in accidents for you. Enough is enough.

You aren't kidding!! This fucker hurts like an SOB too. I have a feeling I won't ever have full range of motion again, but I'll work for getting back as much as I can.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
@mvapes if the time comes when your "work" is doing you and your family more harm than good, please consider stepping aside and going home . . . :nod:

@Vicki Nice looking job they did, enjoy the rehab. . . :)

@Dreamer, I don't know where you're at but be well . . . :peace:

@momofthegoons Doesn't my titanium skull implant and "super tooth" it might be palladium, not sure yet but I get it tomorrow, qualify me for the bionic club? :borg:

Guys, I'm going to be in and out for a while. I started EMDR therapy, had my second session yesterday, and I am completely emotionally and physically wiped out, so I'll be lurking off and on . . .

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So they found that I have partial paralysis in my neck due this:

While you may have never heard of the term “paralysis agitans,” chances are that you already know the disease. Paralysis agitans, which literally means “shaking palsy,” is another term for Parkinson’s disease.

When the disease was first discovered by Dr. James Parkinson in 1817, he described the condition as “the shaking palsy,” due to the presenting symptoms.

In the United States, about 50,000 to 60,000 people are diagnosed with this condition each year, according to the National Parkinson Foundation. Paralysis agitans is a movement disorder, which results from the dying of neurons in the substantia nigra, an area of the brain, that produce the neurotransmitter dopamine.

Without these neurons, the brain does not have the same supply of dopamine, which sends signals between the substantia nigra and another area of the brain, called the corpus striatum, to make smooth movements. As a result, patients have difficulty moving, depression, memory, mood instability as well in PSP patients ocular issues.

Paralysis agitans has four main motor symptoms: postural instability, bradykinesia, rigidity and tremors.

With postural instability, the patient has impaired balance, which affects walking. Complications of paralysis agitans include falls.

Bradykinesia is a slowness of movement. The patient can have difficulty either starting or continuing a movement.

The rigidity, or stiffness, can occur in the patient’s limbs and trunk.

The tremors of paralysis agitans can occur when the patient’s arm or leg is at rest, or when she is holding that limb out. They go away when the patient moves.

MedlinePlus noted that over time, a patient with paralysis agitans can also have the tremors in her feet, head, tongue or lips as well as internally. PSP - In most cases.

The progression of symptoms in paralysis agitans can take 20 or more years, though the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke noted that the disease may progress faster in certain patients. Using the Hoehn and Yahr scale, the progression of paralysis agitans can be broken up into five stages.

In the first stage, the patient has symptoms on only one side of her body. I'm in my 3rd.
They now added Monoamine oxidase-B inhibitors

mvapes,

grokit

well-worn member
Fuck!

If you feel like wading through it, my integrative physician wrote a book called
thinking outside the pill box
that's getting great reviews.
He's something of a wunderkind, and he pulls no punches with his opinions.
You might find some solace, or even some help in it. It's not short, but it's accessible.

The e-edition is being offered at a 90% discount.

http://www.amazon.com/THINKING-Outs.../ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

grokit,
Reactions: mvapes

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I'm really sorry to hear that @mvapes. Does this mean even more pills?
caveat emptor my friend. You are entering medical territory that demands your full attention on how you feel and whats going on in your body with these powerful drugs. Its a full time job in itself. Don't be afraid to take a beak from something that has worked for a while and doesn't seem the same. I dunno what else to say but .. I care . ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom