Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I threw up this morning during physical therapy. Walked into the bathroom, puked it out (nausea from meds), and went back and finished it.

It's not normal for me, but that has happened to me too. I throw up and feel completely fine, almost like a purging. Most of the time I just have nagging nausea, though.

Happy Friday guys. :)

33de3k0.jpg

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I threw up this morning during physical therapy. Walked into the bathroom, puked it out (nausea from meds), and went back and finished it.
I forget that most people don't just puke then rinse their mouth and go back doing whatever you where on a daily basis. The fucking things that seem natural these days !:shrug:
I can't count the times I have woken up and puked just for my stomach to feel closer to my normal. Its amazing what the body is capable of and what becomes "normal" over time.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Hey VV, while I'm so sorry for your loss I'm so excited about the new addition. She is a gorgeous baby. I guess you just witnessed the amazing cycle of life, I believe for every tragedy there's a blessing. Congratulations to your family.

On another note, I feel like I got kicked in the head by a fucking donkey. I've had a cluster headache for almost 24 hours and it won't fucking quit. Going back to put my much thinner head down. :razz:
Poor thing... oddly enough, I had to leave fucking work today because hyper light-sensitive migraine attack happened.
I had to leave work with my hood down over my face, and I've worn dark glasses and hid out in the bedroom until now... and I'm shutting this down after this brief check-in.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@VaporsVaporizer Ruth's eyes are really something. But that little "twist" of her mouth makes me think that in spite of her small stature she's going to be a pistol. :D

@Stu well now we know what that smell is in the staff lounge.... :p

What is the deal with all these migraines all of a sudden? All you guys need to start feeling better and snap to! Enough of this crap! It's the weekend for God's sake! :whip:

wb2j9s.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I got the call late last evening...I am cleared for surgery! :)

She faxed the paperwork over to the Orthopedic surgeon, so I should get a call Monday. I'm hoping I can get in next week, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I have to admit, I'm getting really, really nervous. My nerves are making me very nauseated, so I am cheating. They said I wasn't supposed to have any herbal supplements 7 days before surgery, but if I don't take the ginger root, I'd be in the bathroom all the time now. :(

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I can understand the nerves Vicki... I get them before surgery too. But this will finally come to a close for you. It's been a long time coming. I hope you get in this week.

Usually they tell you to stop supplements because of the blood thinning qualities, but I can't see anything that says that ginger thins the blood. I think you are okay taking it. ;)

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I HATE SURGERY!!

At one point in one of my many surgeries I woke up while still on the ventilator. I looked to my left and there was a nurse, but I could not get his attention. I freaked out, swallowed my tongue and for about 30 seconds he just sat there reading his book. Fibally my thrashing alerted him and he removed the ventilator and my tongue from my throat.

I was in critical condition and they had to reconstruct my entire right arm on a valium drip because I refused to go under again. Consecutive surgeries, I required a consult with the Anesthesiologist and told him 2 things. If you are going to put me under(which they had too) you are going to have to give me "happy juice" before you wheel me down and if I wake up on ventilation I will hobble down to the recovery room afterwards and trash it. :)

I have even endured an endoscopy fully alert due to this fear.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I can understand the nerves Vicki... I get them before surgery too. But this will finally come to a close for you. It's been a long time coming. I hope you get in this week.

Usually they tell you to stop supplements because of the blood thinning qualities, but I can't see anything that says that ginger thins the blood. I think you are okay taking it. ;)

I looked it up too, and didn't see anywhere that ginger definitely has blood thinning properties, except this.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...eIngredientId=961&activeIngredientName=GINGER

Bleeding disorders: Taking ginger might increase your risk of bleeding.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I HATE SURGERY!!

At one point in one of my many surgeries I woke up while still on the ventilator. I looked to my left and there was a nurse, but I could not get his attention. I freaked out, swallowed my tongue and for about 30 seconds he just sat there reading his book. Fibally my thrashing alerted him and he removed the ventilator and my tongue from my throat.

I was in critical condition and they had to reconstruct my entire right arm on a valium drip because I refused to go under again. Consecutive surgeries, I required a consult with the Anesthesiologist and told him 2 things. If you are going to put me under(which they had too) you are going to have to give me "happy juice" before you wheel me down and if I wake up on ventilation I will hobble down to the recovery room afterwards and trash it. :)

I have even endured an endoscopy fully alert due to this fear.
OMG..... I cannot even imagine waking up while on a ventilator... just the thought that you can't breathe for yourself and are at the mercy of that machine is enough to put me into a panic attack.

I have woken up prematurely twice during surgery, but fortunately at the end.

At my age, one often starts thinking of nips and tucks..... but who the fuck has time for luxury surgery when you are busy having all your joints replaced and getting bionic?

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I've been thinking about this a lot. :o

https://www.aana.com/forpatients/Pages/Anesthetic-Awareness-Fact-Sheet.aspx

Anesthetic Awareness Fact Sheet

Patient awareness under general anesthesia (or anesthetic awareness) is a rare condition that occurs when surgical patients can recall their surroundings or an event—sometimes even pressure or pain—related to their surgery while they are under general anesthesia. Severe cases of anesthetic awareness happen infrequently, but research is ongoing to determine the causes of awareness and prevent it from happening.
  • Definition of awareness. Under general anesthesia, a patient is given medications intended to cause unconsciousness and relieve pain. If the medication to render the patient unconscious fails, awareness occurs. In other words, the patient wakes up, becomes aware of certain events occurring during the surgery, and may recall some or all of the events. Further, if the medication to relieve pain fails or is inadequate, the patient may feel pain while awake. Finally, cases involving general anesthesia often require the patient to be given medication intended to prevent movement. In very rare instances, the sleep and pain medications fail while the paralytic agent does not, making it virtually impossible for the patient to communicate this dire situation to the anesthesia providers.
  • Frequency of awareness. Anesthesia awareness occurs infrequently, and the duration and severity vary. Patients may or may not feel pain. Some patients experience a feeling of pressure. It has been estimated that roughly one patient per thousand receiving general anesthesia experiences some level of awareness, usually fleeting. It is important for patients to understand that severe awareness experiences are highly unusual.
  • Patients should NOT be afraid! The remote possibility of experiencing awareness should not deter patients from having needed surgery. The plain truth of the matter is this: Modern surgery is only possible through the miracle of anesthesia.
  • Anesthesia safety. Anesthesia today is safer than it has ever been due to advances in technology and pharmacology, as well as more stringent practice standards and educational requirements for anesthesia providers. A 1999 report by the Institute of Medicine titled "To Err is Human" indicated that anesthesia is nearly 50 times safer than it was in the early 1980s.
  • Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs). These advanced practice nurses are anesthesia professionals who safely administer approximately 32 million anesthetics each year. CRNAs provide anesthesia care for all types of surgeries and other procedures, including open heart and transplants.
  • CRNAs: At your side, on your side. CRNAs are hands-on caregivers who take pride in advocating for their patients. They stay with their patients throughout their surgeries, diligently monitoring their vital signs and adjusting their anesthetics as needed.
  • Causes of awareness. Despite the dramatic improvements in the quality of today’s anesthesia care, awareness during general anesthesia can still occur for a variety of reasons. Common causes of anesthesia awareness are inadequate anesthesia and equipment failure or misuse.
  • High-risk surgeries. In some high-risk surgeries such as cardiac, trauma, and emergency cesarean deliveries, using a deep anesthetic may not be in the best interest of the patient. In these and other critical or emergency situations, awareness might not be completely avoidable.
  • Lasting impact. A minority of patients who experience anesthesia awareness may develop posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which is associated with repetitive nightmares, anxiety, irritability, and preoccupation with death.
  • Preventing awareness. Research into the causes and prevention of anesthesia awareness is ongoing. Anesthesia providers combine their clinical judgment with the use of different monitoring technologies to ensure that their patients are unconscious and pain-free during surgery. Brain monitoring devices can be used to measure depth of consciousness, and are available in the majority of hospitals across the United States. Studies have shown that these monitors can help anesthesia providers further reduce the risk of awareness, although they alone are not a guarantee of preventing awareness.
  • Patient/anesthesia provider communication—before surgery. Patients should have the opportunity to meet with their anesthesia provider before surgery to discuss the remote possibility of awareness, the approach to anesthesia that will be used, how they will be monitored during surgery, if the anesthesia provider they are meeting with will be the anesthesia provider who stays with them during surgery, and any other concerns they might have. It is important for patients to be honest about medications (including herbal supplements) they are taking, alcohol and drug consumption, physical conditions, and other factors that could influence their body’s reaction to anesthesia.
  • Patient/anesthesia provider communication—after surgery. Patients who believe they have experienced anesthesia awareness should be encouraged to discuss their experience and their feelings about the experience with their anesthesia provider.
  • "Awake" movie. "Awake" is fictional entertainment that exploits anesthetic awareness as a plot device. Viewers should remember that while patient awareness under general anesthesia does occur, severe cases such as the one depicted in "Awake" are highly unusual.

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
@VaporsVaporizer Ruth's eyes are really something. But that little "twist" of her mouth makes me think that in spite of her small stature she's going to be a pistol. :D
I think she's gonna be a total Drama Queen, it looks like she's saying "if you thought i was trouble in the womb, just wait" :lol:
@Vicki -You'll be fine:tup:
and all you Pukers-Stop:p

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I know I am being paranoid, but I am trying to relax. Just got "American Werewolf in London" from my sister in law this morning, so going to watch that sometime this weekend. Just what I need to relax. :lol:

This is one of my friends real props from that movie. He does nothing small, and you wouldn't believe his collection if you saw it. He even has a 7 foot tall Terminator!

2uz8ehg.jpg

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
B9 Class M3, General Utility, Non-theorizing environmental control robot....
That alone is more then I ever knew before about the Robot on LIS. I just remember Robby from Forbidden planet, and he was an evil mean robot on lost in space once. If it was a Saturday 40-45 years ago I very well could have watched both on WTOG 44 along with Kung-Fu and Star Trek.

Top Bottom