Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

Tweek

Yeah, I would, but I clean the toilets. ;)

I used to scrub toilets at a hospital. I tell ya...alot of times, the poop was everywhere but the bowl.

I had to run up to an OR once to clean up quickly for a massive accident that was coming in for surgery. Some dude started giving me heck, because I jumped in the elevator to go up a floor. Told him it was an emergency. He then proceeded to yell at me "Emergency?! You're just a janitor..what emergency?!"

I told him the next time he was in the hospital and shit on the floor, I would be sure to let him clean up his own mess.

Tweek

I was hospitalized at one point with massive injuries including two broke arns. It is a very grounding experience when you can't even clean up after your own bodily functions.

And I bet it's nice to have someone there to help....even if it is just a "lowly" janitor like I was. I tried to always take some time to chat with people if they wanted it. Some really appreciated it. That's why it hurt for someone to suggest I was "just a janitor". No...actually, the staff saw and dealt with alot of traumatic things, while helping to keep the place clean and safe.

I still have nightmares about some of the things I saw there. It can be a beautiful place full of life, and a terrible place of suffering and death. A hard place to work. And an even harder place to find yourself in, sick and unable to help yourself

Edit: On a lighter note:

bastard-who-shat-down-my-chimney.jpg

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Whoa - guy's, by all means the joke revolved around the basketball being shredded. I have NO clue as to anything about clawing. In all fairness I am a serious animal lover, there have many night's I've slept on a couch because I felt bad pushing my dogs off the bed. I would never want to see an animal hurt in any such shape way or form.

It's been a rough couple of day's, we have issues at home, I'm completely overwhelmed at work and all this is while nursing my wife back to health after a real serious scare this weekend.

Today while my wife is in bed I'm doing both of our jobs, have one kid home sick, getting ready to travel tomorrow to open up a new office and have spent the last few hours on the phone negotiating a contract with a client that is being totally unreasonable. Because of the insanity I've actually gotten my head a little screwed up , missed a couple of medical doses and I'm sure no one needs to be reminded about what happens to me with no meds. Plus I spent the night doing research for a friend recently diagnosed with MS and is afraid of the doing the research on her own.

So, with that being said I apologize if my joke was taken the wrong way.

Tweek

Whoa - guy's, by all means the joke revolved around the basketball being shredded. I have NO clue as to anything about clawing. In all fairness I am a serious animal lover, there have many night's I've slept on a couch because I felt bad pushing my dogs off the bed. I would never want to see an animal hurt in any such shape way or form.

It's been a rough couple of day's, we have issues at home, I'm completely overwhelmed at work and all this is while nursing my wife back to health after a real serious scare this weekend.

Today while my wife is in bed I'm doing both of our jobs, have one kid home sick, getting ready to travel tomorrow to open up a new office and have spent the last few hours on the phone negotiating a contract with a client that is being totally unreasonable. Because of the insanity I've actually gotten my head a little screwed up , missed a couple of medical doses and I'm sure no one needs to be reminded about what happens to me with no meds. Plus I spent the night doing research for a friend recently diagnosed with MS and is afraid of the doing the research on her own.

Nahhh, I wasn't offended at all bro. I even mentioned it to my cat, and all he did was start purring and drooled all over my shirt.

Sorry to hear things are rough. **manly hug**

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist

No apologies needed. :)

lwien

Actually @mvapes should apologize for being such a mentsh. Not really, but I just wanted to show off the new Yiddish word I learned. :D

Here's a few more:

chutzpah.....something I have a lot of
goyum........you
kvetsh........something I do a lot of around here
mishegas....this thread
nosh..........something I can't fucking do today
shikse........momofthegoons
tuches.......something that I will be paying a lot of attention to tonight
shmendrik..Paka ( ;))
mishpocheh....the FC community

lwien

Italians just swear and make weird symbols with their fingers.

Along with their elbows, arms and hands. :)

But I swear that Italian and Jewish mothers and grandmothers are cut from the same cloth.

"But Mom, I'm full. I don't want anything more to eat", as she continues to heap more food on your plate. lol

And don't even get me started on the guilt trips...........

Last edited:

Tweek

Along with their elbows, arms and hands. :)

But I swear that Italian and Jewish mothers are cut from the same cloth.

Pretty much. It's like they went to the same school :D My mother & grandmothers feel that being anything other than overweight means you are unhealthy. When I was really sick many years ago, and lost a ton of weight, it took them only a couple of months to pack 50 lbs onto my frame. :D

Tweek

Reminds me of some of the eats I saw at the market in Equador... :D

25irswj.jpg

Mmmmm...I've hung around my fair share of South Americans, and I tell ya...I have seen intestines, blood sausage, feet, snouts...you name it...all tossed on the grill. I admire that though..it's respectful to use the whole animal. My dad is a big fan of all those parts too.

He didn't have the luxury of filet mignon :D

Great pic by the way!

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
might want to get em declawed!
Please don't EVER declaw your cats, It is cruel and totally barbaric surgery and i should know ;). Imagine having all you fingertips cut off :oIt is excrusiating painful when the cat wakes up no matter how much pain meds they are given. When they wake up they all do the same thing -wave both front legs in the air non stop because of the pain. If they happen to get the bandages off after surgery, it's looks like a fucking bloodbath in the cage.
They almost all turn into biters because a cats natural first instinct is to swat with claws to defend itself. It is banned in most civilized countries.
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/cats/tips/declawing.html

Not sure where this asshole went to Vet school, but that is nowhere near enough padding on those paws after mutilation. :cuss:
Trim nails, offer appropriate scratching alternatives. Start early , i could have had any of my cats declawed for free but there's no way in hell i would ever do it to them and they do NOT scratch my furniture.

Top Bottom