Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

Tweek

Keeping people from starving is one thing, but I believe there is a lot more meat consumed in North America than is needed to prevent that. The cut-rate mass-production of meat has led to some horrible and inhumane conditions for animals. Some of what I've seen and read about is horrifying to me, and some extremely cruel conditions have come as a result of production cost-cutting. I think overabundant supply has led to gluttony. I am not against animals raised and slaughtered humanely to be consumed by humans, but that does tend to drive the price up. That's ok with me to some degree - I would consider it an anti-cruelty tax.

If I thought cutting back a little due to higher prices would quickly lead to malnutrition in our society, that would be a different story. But I think in general people could cut back quite a bit on meat consumption without experiencing real suffering.

I agree no impoverished child should go without proper nutrition, but society is smart to figure that out without meat being such a cruel commodity. I have faith that a good society can feed the children while at the same time cutting back on overall consumption so that meat production conditions aren't so over-stressed.

People should cut back on having children. The world is overpopulated and needs to be fed, plain and simple. I want more humane conditions as much as the next guy, but good luck feeding 7 billion people properly with free range or trying to convince people to eat less.

Ever notice how most of those books written by people advising us to eat a more local diet, are written by folks who can afford to shop at whole foods and pay $15 for a chicken?

That's what I always say.. Almost word for word.. Some one has to eat them LOL.. I guess I'll do the dirty work:p.. Just IMO, but we didn't get to where we are Today, by being Herbivores.. Besides, at the end(and beginning) of the day, animals taste too fucking good. :D :peace:

3qiypq.jpg

3744211147_75778cc9ac_o.jpg

Props to you herbivores doing your part.:popcorn:

I think what pisses me off the most, is people who insist we were not meant to eat meat. The facts are that meat is very much a natural part of our diet. Maybe not in the amounts we are eating, as Satyrday points out, but choosing to forgo meat is a personal choice, not a natural one, that should be done with a Dr's consultation and proper supplementation. Especially vegans, and anyone who will not at the very least drink milk or eat eggs.

I also think it is a first world choice. My parents grew up dirt poor. They didn't snub their nose at the rare treat of a chicken or even a pig. And they ate all of it. My father still suffers health issues from a poor diet as a child.

Last edited:

lwien

might want to get em declawed!

Hey m, I know you meant that as a joke but it does bring up a pet (pardon the pun) peeve of mine and that is declawing cats. I think it's one of the cruelest things you can do to them, for you are tearing out their primary mode of self defense. It really fucks with their psyche. I've been around a few cats who have been declawed and all of them seem to be constantly fearful of their surroundings, and considering their lack of self defense, their fear is justified.

Declawing involves the amputation of the last bone of each toe. If performed on a human being, it would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle.

My take on this is this. If you are fearful of a cat scratching your furniture and you want to get them declawed, don't get a fucking cat in the first place.

And for those dog lovers who think that there is nothing wrong with this, let me ask you...........If your dog was chewing up your furniture, would you consider removing all their teeth and feeding them protein shakes for the rest of their lives?

Ok...........end of my morning rant and back to my fucking liquid diet. :rant:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
^^ Yeah lwien the fucked up people that live behind me have declawed cats and debarked dogs. OMG they are most self-centered bunch of A-Holes I've ever met. Makes me wonder what they did to their Kids when they were young. That's just plain fucked up.

lwien

Makes me wonder what they did to their Kids when they were young.

Sewed their assholes shut 'cause they didn't want to clean their diapers. As harsh as that sounds, it's the exact same mentality.

The following signs should be put up in every vets office.

"To all males who want to have their cat declawed due to excessive scratching, we will provide this service only if you accept the surgery to remove your penis due to excess dribble."

"To all females who want to have their cat declawed due to excessive scratching, we will provide this service only if you accept the surgery to remove your clitoris due to excessive screaming during orgasm.

My cat has his claws, and I encourage him to use them in all their glory. He is my little tiger, and makes me proud when he kills those vicious bugs that enter the house. Occasional mouse too.

Yup. Had a big male Siamese (Deacon), who used to chase off coyotes who were digging through our trash. Fucking bad ass cat. I miss him.

lwien

Sheesh lwien..... can't wait for you to get this colonoscopy over with.... you're getting a little "testy" there. :lol:

lol..........I know, huh. It's scheduled for tomorrow morning. I've been watching a lot of TV during this liquid diet crap and while there have been some great shows, all I can remember are the fucking pizza and lobster/crab commercials. :bang:

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
My cat has his claws, and I encourage him to use them in all their glory. He is my little tiger, and makes me proud when he kills those vicious bugs that enter the house. Occasional mouse too.

Some of my mates have a cat that has a taste for moths, one of them actually picks up the cat and holds her near the moth if it is too high for her to catch. She seems to absolutely love it.

Tweek

Some of my mates have a cat that has a taste for moths, one of them actually picks up the cat and holds her near the moth if it is too high for her to catch. She seems to absolutely love it.

:lol: I do that all the time. As soon as he sees a speck on the wall, he starts to chatter. So I lift him up and let him investigate. Sometimes it's a bug that he promptly eats, other times it's just a blemish that he still tries to eat.

Tweek

One of my favourite things to do (outside of helping him check out bugs) is to let him attack my arm through the staircase hand rail. He usually keeps his claws retracted and nibbles lightly, so as not to hurt me...but when I get him really jazzed, watch out!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yea, my wife likes to do aggressive tummy rubs w/ a blanket over her arm and let him go to town chewing it. prob is sometimes when i'm just rubbing his belly he'll chomp down. the only safe way out is to relax, then he lets go and licks where he bit. pretty adorable, actually

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
I find wiggling fingers from round the edge of a door frame certainly gets her interest or poking them out from under a blanket, that one guarantees excitement. She's really good with the claws and teeth though, just soft enough not to pierce the skin.

Tweek

I love when he bites hard. Some people get mad at that sort of thing, which I can understand, cause it hurts...but there is something about letting his natural instincts come out, that I love. Makes me feel like he can take care of himself. I'm a proud dad I guess :D

Usually all I have to say is "no" and he pauses. I then lean in for a kiss and a snuggle.

Top Bottom