For bigger groups of people and are as or more efficient than MF?

hunterthompson

Hey all! I'm currently thinking of adding a new vape to go along with my beloved PAMFLB. What vapes are good for bigger groups of people and are as or more efficient than MF? I've heard DBV and other whip or bag based vapes are much less efficient than MF. I'm also on a lmited budget so $180 and under is what I can currently manage. Thanks in advance!

mod note: Thread formed from an off topic post in the Magic Flight thread. A 'what vape should I buy' question should never be posted in a vape specific thread in the Vaporizer Discussion section. Stay on topic. Please avoid derailing or side-tracking discussions.

hunterthompson,

Nycdeisel

You are talking about a log vape! the PD or MZ will suit you fine(I have one of each)! Its THE most efficient vape on the planet and is very close in efficiency compared to the MFLB.

Its just in that price range too!
Start reading the Purple Days and Myrtlezap/aromazap threads on here and make your decision!

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You can definitely find an SSV for about that.
Ahh correction... I didn't read your request for economy of herb.!
But... You did say for groups of people.
I love my Zap, and I use them with groups. I have two of them and that helps in groups.
After 2 or 3 people do stems back to back, a log vape will need a few minutes to get back to optimal temp.

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
But Vito he doesnt want to sacrifice the conservation aspect.
Yes I reread and edited.
It is easy to conserve with an SSV if you do not let temptation and flavor.. and the capacity to use more sway you!@
The Zap is great in a group, now that I think.. if the group is not hurried for a hit.. and if you have a few extra stems. :)
EDIT
I am definitely a log vape advocate, but the truth is it may not be best for a group.
I think too many comparitive suggestions may not be appropriate in the MFLB thread, and some research needs to get done.
Johnny you have some homework to do. PM any of us privately if you see any points of view that you would like expounded upon!

Vitolo,

hunterthompson

Yea I was dying to get a log vape because of their extreme efficiency and ease of use but I've heard that they are even worse for groups than the MF. You guys think otherwise though?

And then if I do go with a log vape I have to sort through 300 pgs of arguing over which one's best :p

hunterthompson,

hereatlast

Nycdeisel said:
Its THE most efficient vape on the planet

Remember that your mileage may vary, efficiency is different for different folks (and isn't a universal term IMO).

hereatlast,

Nycdeisel

You are right, I was in a rush when I wrote that. Let me expand on that: efficiency in this case meaning you can get the most out of the smallest amount in one load. You can not load as little as most do in a PD/MZ stem, into the LB and get as good of an experience. I dont think logs are best for groups either, BUT they are better for small groups then the LB IMO and still help to conserve your stash.

I guess it depends more on what his priorities are when it comes to choosing his next vape.

So there are some ideas, you can look it up right here, and its not 300 pages of arguing, we dont do that kind of stuff around here.
I would also say its between the PD and the MZ if you choose a log vape, not very difficult if you ask me, but then again I do have both :p(not trying to brag at all)

Nycdeisel,

chucku

Charles Urbane
hunterthompson said:
Hey all! I'm currently thinking of adding a new vape to go along with my beloved PAMFLB. What vapes are good for bigger groups of people and are as or more efficient than MF? I've heard DBV and other whip or bag based vapes are much less efficient than MF. I'm also on a lmited budget so $180 and under is what I can currently manage. Thanks in advance!

The V-Tower (previous generation Extreme minus fan and bag capabilities) excels with groups. It can be had for as little as $120.00ish. As far as a vape capable of larger groups and LB or better efficiency, I don't think it exists.

chucku,

hunterthompson

Vitolo said:
I think too many comparitive suggestions may not be appropriate in the MFLB thread, and some research needs to get done.
Johnny you have some homework to do. PM any of us privately if you see any points of view that you would like expounded upon!

Yea I was thinking that it might not be the best idea to start comparing them on here and I would hate to take any business away from Magic-flight; they are an amazing company and the launch box itself is equally as amazing!

hunterthompson,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
hunterthompson said:

I would HIGHLY recommend the No2! I love this piece and it hits like a champ. Please check out the forum here on it and feel free to ask any questions. I recently bought one and its dank. Great clouds, efficient, silent, easy to clean, and it heats up in a flash.

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
And just in case, as vito and NYC said, all hail the :mflb: as it truely is one of the best devices out there and is in my opinion unparalleled in the portability and stealth area.

In MFLB we trust!

mvapes,

Kaptan

hunterthompson said:

Check out the Arizer Solo thread. The solo is portable, about the size of a red bull can, can blow decent clouds, and efficient as well. You will need to save up more money. I was able to pick one up on Amazon for $210 shipped, but YMMV.

Kaptan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Around 180
Zap, can be used with groups, and is very efficient... under 180
SSV can be for groups or used with great efficiency.. can be found for 190

Vitolo,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I think that MFLB is not so much "party friendly". I actually share it among my friend, but took them a while to get the right technique, so if you don't often hang out with same people, I wouldn't count on LB although I love it for solo and stealth and portability.
SSV should do the trick for a great party. Never tried it myself, but whip is very useful when sharing and I read plenty of positive comments. I'd stay away from glass things like herborizer, in fact, it's a party blaster, but handlking glasses requires care and attention aka trusted people.
Usually when I think about "party vape" I look for huge clouds in the simplest way and minimum risk of breakage, handling.

Smokey,

crawdad

floatin
for large groups (around 10 or more) ive yet to see anything beat a few bags being passed around..its takes the guesswork out of the equation and levels the field of competency so all can get vaped properly. im not a big fan of using bags (i use them some) but in a large group, to me it makes sense. :peace:

crawdad,

lwien

crawdad said:
for large groups (around 10 or more) ive yet to see anything beat a few bags being passed around..its takes the guesswork out of the equation and levels the field of competency so all can get vaped properly. im not a big fan of using bags (i use them some) but in a large group, to me it makes sense. :peace:

Totally agree. Bags are best for party situations being that they take all the user errors out of the equation. Can't begin to tell ya how many times I've head of owners of SSV/DBV's being pissed off because of party guests blowing back into the whip.

If one is looking for the most efficient vape that uses bags as a delivery system and needs to stay under 200 bucks, check out the HerbalAire.

Edit: Hell, for even really big parties, HA has a 3-bag accessory kit that will blow up 3 bags at once. Pretty, pretty, pretty neat.

lwien,

Smokey

Cloud Master
lwien said:
Can't begin to tell ya how many times I've head of owners of SSV/DBV's being pissed off because of party guests blowing back into the whip.

:uhoh: gee.....

Smokey,

lwien

Smokey said:
lwien said:
Can't begin to tell ya how many times I've head of owners of SSV/DBV's being pissed off because of party guests blowing back into the whip.

:uhoh: gee.....

That along with party guests accidentally pulling the whip off of the GonG connection on the Buddha and having it break as it hits the coffee table. Easy fix if one uses a mouse pad under the Buddha, but in party situations, it is a concern along with the whip blow-back. Not only that, but you have to train your guests on how fast or slow to hit it.

Really, in party situations, bags make the most sense. Rather than having to deal with all that, ya just blow up a bag and pass it around.

Edit: Don't like the idea of a PD/MZ either in party situations. That power plug that gets plugged into them is the Achilles heel of these types of vapes, and when passing around a vape such as these, that wired part can really get stressed if not careful.

lwien,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
There was even someone on here who had a party goer spark up the load in the wand :o :rolleyes: :lol:

I agree on the bags. Delightful simplicity.

And extraction efficiency is up at the top of the class IME

WatTyler,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Yup! I am not a bag fan myself but if I was dealing with a crowd I'd be leery of even my SSV. If it was a small, sober'ish crowd I'd give them SSV 101 and go with it but I wouldn't do so with a party crowd. If I planned to do party vaping I think bags would be the smartest route to go. No learning, no fucking up your eq. Just pass the bag lol.

Lo,

weedemon

enthusiast
another thing that pisses of an ssv owner is when the user lights the stash on fire by sucking too slow! :mad:

I think a bag vape is probably the best option for larger groups too. Like they already said, no learning curve.

weedemon,

nr-cole

Another vote for a bag vape if you're looking for something for parties. My EQV can pull 4-5 bags out of a small to medium sized bowl, plenty to get a handful high.

Plus when you're alone you can do the elbow pack for yourself which is also smaller than a standard bowl.

nr-cole,

hunterthompson

Well when I say bigger groups I mean 4-5 people; I wouldn't trust more people with an expensive vape especially one that had ANY glass parts like the DBV and I think the SSV. So could one MZ or PD handle 4-5 people? Also, I heard that the unit doesn't heat up enough to combustion temps so it's virtually impossible to combust in either model. Is this true? If so I would feel much more comfortable letting people use it knowing that it will not break and will not combust as compared to a whip vape where both of these are very possible.

An I generally don't like the idea of bag vapes; they have very low stealth, give worse/airy hits, and have much lower efficiency than log vape.

hunterthompson,
Top Bottom