FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

TheVape

Hi guys,

Just took delivery of my Flowermate v5.0s...

Sucks I'm at work lol!

Just a few questions:

How do I get started?

I have a couple of "pods" that come with it and 3 large metal screens and 2 small screens.

I've read the manual but bit confused if I have to use one of the pods supplied or just put the green in the chamber directly?

Also notice on the bottom of the ceramic plate that there seems to be a liquid/moisture on it?

byabpqD.jpg

TheVape,
Reactions: OF

OF

How do I get started?

I've read the manual but bit confused if I have to use one of the pods supplied or just put the green in the chamber directly?

Also notice on the bottom of the ceramic plate that there seems to be a liquid/moisture on it?

First off fully charge it before anything else, in fact 'overcharge' it an additional four hours after it's 'full'. This is/should be standard drill for all such (Li-ion) batteries on THE FIRST CHARGE ONLY. After the first serious discharge (like testing or a session) any potential to increase capacity this way is lost, no more boost from optimum forming possible. After that first charge, in fact, stopping 10% sooner will DOUBLE the battery life! From an average 300 cycles to 600. This is more important on vapes like FM where the owner can't change batteries when one gets tired in say Air.

Yes, you can load herb directly. In fact it works better than the pods which hold about half and heat slower so need more temperature to compete at the expense of the flavor of your herb. Save the herb one for bubble and kief, enjoy the concentrate one if you can get concentrates is my advice.

Some run without a bottom screen, I suspect most of us do not (use a screen at the bottom). Hard to tell what the issue is with the finish (photo possible?) but it's glazed ceramic (coated with melted glass), that's most likely what youi're looking at? Moisture should not collect and sure won't last once heat happens.

OF

TheVape

First off fully charge it before anything else, in fact 'overcharge' it an additional four hours after it's 'full'. This is/should be standard drill for all such (Li-ion) batteries on THE FIRST CHARGE ONLY. After the first serious discharge (like testing or a session) any potential to increase capacity this way is lost, no more boost from optimum forming possible. After that first charge, in fact, stopping 10% sooner will DOUBLE the battery life! From an average 300 cycles to 600. This is more important on vapes like FM where the owner can't change batteries when one gets tired in say Air.

Yes, you can load herb directly. In fact it works better than the pods which hold about half and heat slower so need more temperature to compete at the expense of the flavor of your herb. Save the herb one for bubble and kief, enjoy the concentrate one if you can get concentrates is my advice.

Some run without a bottom screen, I suspect most of us do not (use a screen at the bottom). Hard to tell what the issue is with the finish (photo possible?) but it's glazed ceramic (coated with melted glass), that's most likely what youi're looking at? Moisture should not collect and sure won't last once heat happens.

OF

Thanks for the quick reply :)

It's charging right now next to me...

When you say the screen? do you mean the screen at the bottom of the glass mouth piece like this pic?

11148-flowermate-vapormax-mouthpiece-silicon.jpg

or do you mean I should be using one of the metal screens at the bottom of the ceramic bowl where there are 5 holes?? or just leave that as is and load the herb in without a metal screen at the bottom.

flowermate-mini-pro-bowl-detail.jpg

TheVape,

TheVape

When you say the screen? do you mean the screen at the bottom of the glass mouth piece like this pic?

11148-flowermate-vapormax-mouthpiece-silicon.jpg

or do you mean I should be using one of the metal screens at the bottom of the ceramic bowl where there are 5 holes?? or just leave that as is and load the herb in without a metal screen at the bottom.

flowermate-mini-pro-bowl-detail.jpg

Yes think your right about the it looks like a a glaze over the ceramic.

TheVape,

OF

Yes, the second photo (of the bottom.....) is where some put a screen, some are OK with herb leaking downward and don't? Either way is OK probably, try and see what you like? Originally they came with screens pressed in (very hard/impossible to remove) but guys were putting damp herb in and somehow getting 'backflow' and fouling the screens. Your call, but I think most of us use screens of some sort?

FWIW you might want to avoid red text, I believe it's reserved for the Mods to use running herd on us cats.

Yes think your right about the it looks like a a glaze over the ceramic.

Don't worry about it, I was about due.......

OF

OF,

TheVape

Yes, the second photo (of the bottom.....) is where some put a screen, some are OK with herb leaking downward and don't? Either way is OK probably, try and see what you like? Originally they came with screens pressed in (very hard/impossible to remove) but guys were putting damp herb in and somehow getting 'backflow' and fouling the screens. Your call, but I think most of us use screens of some sort?

FWIW you might want to avoid red text, I believe it's reserved for the Mods to use running herd on us cats.

Don't worry about it, I was about due.......

OF

Guess experimenting is key here :)

I'll have a little go later. Got some nice cheese I wanna try! When you combust it the smell changes you burning smell

So it will be I interesting tasting my green :)

TheVape,

joint46go

to reply of my aura when i vape whit pods i use Max temp that is 440?and it reach in 2 and more minutes and when i draw the temp slow down too fast for my opinion...maybe my unit is defective ....but i love my fm pro ;)

joint46go,

TheVape

right after having a go on it last night! packed up the bowl with some cheese. took like 30 seconds to heat up! fast!

took a slow steady draw and exhaled loads of vapour!

Very impressed! I didn't go too crazy at first because i know vaping takes longer for the high to hit you so I waited 20 mins then started feeling it.

It's so much different than smoking a joint because of the tobacco and combustion which makes you feel more light headed at first... which i didn't get from vaping...all i felt was the high creeping up on my 10 mins later..but it was a nice high :)

Think it was a good first time with it. going to take it over my bro's tonight get him to try it and give up the joints lol.

Bad side:
I'm going to get too into this now and buy so much more stuff than i need like i do with my vape gear HAHA!!

foobar

I hope what you get is the genuine article.
Thanks, crossing fingers.
Of course, 15$ extra is not much for safety, better customer support, speedy delivery, avoiding import taxes, etc.
However, for those not living in USA or Europe, sourcing this kind of stuff might be a very different sport. FastTech is a relatively trusted vendor: they mention "Authentic", otherwise it's clearly a clone/fake. Their customer support is also OK, usually.
I'll report here when this new Aura baby arrives, but its long journey just started.

foobar,

OF

Thanks, crossing fingers.

However, for those not living in USA or Europe, sourcing this kind of stuff might be a very different sport.

I'll report here when this new Aura baby arrives, but its long journey just started.

It's easy to forget how blessed we are here for the most part. Lots of models to pick over, reasonable prices, guaranteed and prompt delivery, excellent support and so on. Others have a much tougher time getting their vapes for sure. We had an Indian fellow a while back who's trials would leave you in tears.

Perhaps an appropriate time to pause and reflect how got it is.........

Best of luck, we'll be looking forward to the report.

OF

OF,

OF

I don't think the display on the mini pro is accurate when it comes to heat. Anyone else feel that way?

Actually, no I don't. It matches very closely my other FMs (and other vapes I trust like Solo/Air). I have not measured it for that reason. Yours could be defective, of course, but I highly doubt it.

On what do you base your suspicions?

As pilots say 'trust your instruments'?

OF

Edit: In other news, a new Member, @Spartamae posted to a thread "ABV" I'm not allowed to post in 'which FM is best for me'.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/which-flowermate-is-the-best-to-get.20933/#post-936519

Good question, and I think part of the answer lies in a detail overlooked by some responders there, there's a serious medical issue in play here. To me this automatically means a Pro version and fine temperature control can sometimes be the key there. The Pro Mini has quite limited time per charge, I suggest the full size Pro is the call?

What say the usual suspects? Hopefully our new found friend Spartamae will find us? He's new I can't seem to PM him either?

OF

Edit again: Silly me, the Aura also fits the bill temperature control wise for sixty bucks from PIU..... You know how it happens, you look down at the vape you last used? If the plastic MP isn't a big deal, IMO it's the best choice even putting price aside. Lighter, easier to use routinely and can be charged from a USB port (which the full size Pro can't). Has about 2/3 of the charge life as Pro, which should be plenty especially since you have a reliable 'battery gauge'.

OK, so I'm not organized this morning, messed up perhaps by a thread I can read by not respond to while they talk about me....... Maybe this is some alternate reality?

'Last night I dreamed I was a butterfly, but am I reality a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?'.

OF

OF

Last edited:

Hawk

I had the original FM v5 before moving onto the Crafty. But with my Crafty being sent in for warranty I decided to get the FM v5 Pro to use until I get the Crafty back. Although the Pro display shows the temp getting to set temperature, extremely fast I must say, I don't get any vapour, visible or not even at temp 210. The unit doesn't seem to get that hot, just feels slightly warm. My original FM v5 which I beleive has a set temp of around 180 gets much hotter and when its ready I can feel the vapour and see it.

If I let it sit for a while after it reachs temp, say 1min or more, I start getting some vapour. Anybody else seen this issue with the Pro (full size)? Is it an issue or normal behavior? God I miss my Crafty.

Hawk,
Actually, no I don't. It matches very closely my other FMs (and other vapes I trust like Solo/Air). I have not measured it for that reason. Yours could be defective, of course, but I highly doubt it.

On what do you base your suspicions?

As pilots say 'trust your instruments'?

OF

Edit: In other news, a new Member, @Spartamae posted to a thread "ABV" I'm not allowed to post in 'which FM is best for me'.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/which-flowermate-is-the-best-to-get.20933/#post-936519

Good question, and I think part of the answer lies in a detail overlooked by some responders there, there's a serious medical issue in play here. To me this automatically means a Pro version and fine temperature control can sometimes be the key there. The Pro Mini has quite limited time per charge, I suggest the full size Pro is the call?

What say the usual suspects? Hopefully our new found friend Spartamae will find us? He's new I can't seem to PM him either?

OF

By comparing harshness of vapor compared to my air. And comparing to other conduction vapes such as the pax and in the ABV. My bud gets darker at a much lower temperature when the air. On the air the blue temperature is around 350F and is darker than my mini pro on 420F. that's a huge spread over 70F.

Also when you pull on the air hard even with restricted airflow you can lower the heat enough to Re-engage the heater.

With the mini pro with a much easier airflow and sucking as hard as you can the "actual temperature" never fluctuates.

Another note, when the air says its heated up. First draw you start producing vapor, with the mini pro it takes numerous draws to start vapor production

brokecollegekid,

Liberty

Flowermate v5.0s: Does anyone have a problem producing significant visible vapor?

The unit seems to work properly. It tastes decent on Blue. It's a little harsher on Purple with wispy vapor. On Red, it's more harsh with light or very light vapor. It gets one where he needs to go. And, the herb is a pretty dark brown when the session is over. But, the visible vapor is just not there.

The sessions are lasting about 20 draws for approximately 0.15 g., packed down (it's probably half way up the white ceramic chamber when packed down).

Liberty,

OF

Flowermate v5.0s: Does anyone have a problem producing significant visible vapor?

It gets one where he needs to go. And, the herb is a pretty dark brown when the session is over. But, the visible vapor is just not there.

The sessions are lasting about 20 draws for approximately 0.15 g., packed down (it's probably half way up the white ceramic chamber when packed down).

Sure, there are reports of this from time to time but they generally lead nowhere. Take stock: It's effective ("gets you there"), extracts the THC (ABV correct) but doesn't give the visual vapor you want? Perhaps that goal (visible vapor) is misplaced? What if you could see 'big clouds' but it was otherwise the same?

If you insist, try a full bowl. Since the wall temperature is regulated you have local cooling where heat energy is removed to make vapor but the average temperature is right? That has often 'fixed' such problems (not that I think there really is a problem past visual?).

Such complaints are generally herb related. Strain, grind (you are grinding, right?), pack, cure, stirring and so on are often 'solutions'.

Experiment with it, it sounds from the description you give like the unit is just fine, it's doing it's job. Good luck.

my mini pro will be here tomorrow - Randy shipped in one day!

It took a whole day?

Seriously, I think packing and 'shipping' within hours is the average for PIU. Just a mite short of unbelievable? I once got a replacement from him within 24 hours, in my hands. He seems to have excellent 'connections' with USPS, stuff gets from his shop 'out of town' very fast. Amazing service at no additional cost......

OF

OF

sokesleezy

I lost the lower part of the mouth piece(the screw-on part that holds the screen) for my v5.0s a long time ago. Ive just been vaping without it and I what I consider to be medium density vape cloud. Honestly, vaping has changed my view on being able to view vapor though. Its more of a psychological thing I suspect.

Almost forgot: Any idea what store(s) I could get the packing/stirring tool that comes with the FM? Or anything similar to it? Its bugging me I cant find a more efficient way to extract the wand hash. I would prefer not to use liquid or bamboo skewers

OF

Honestly, vaping has changed my view on being able to view vapor though. Its more of a psychological thing I suspect.

Almost forgot: Any idea what store(s) I could get the packing/stirring tool that comes with the FM? Or anything similar to it?

Excellent point. IMO the 'break' between combustion and vaping is tied up in mental issues. Like Pavlov's dogs were conditioned to smoke and getting high. Our brain associates them closely and must 'learn' that it's possible to get THC without the junk in smoke. It takes from a few days to a few weeks of absolutely no smoking for most of us, after which smoking is just as repulsive as it was when we first started. Smoke does not equal getting stoned. Absorbing THC does. 'You don't have to stick your face in the campfire to get off'.

The loading tools sold with most vapes are 'earpicks' common in Asia (and other places) like:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JA8P56C?keywords=ear pick&qid=1457063925&ref_=sr_1_6_a_it&sr=8-6

For a slightly fancier version, try ones like this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AUDKETY?keywords=ear pick&qid=1457063925&ref_=sr_1_1_a_it&sr=8-1

I agree, very useful just don't use them for their original intent (keep them away from your ears). At least be sure not to mention it to your Doctor.......especially if he has a weak heart.

OF

OF,

OF

Ordered the Aura, too cheap to pass up!

Indeed. And now it comes with a pair of pods to play with as well, one herb, one concentrate. IMO a mighty handy thing to have loaded and ready to go in your pants pocket when you're out. Instant reloads or even shifts to concentrate.......

OF

Got an Aura and a LoadX grinder from Puffitup and after a burn off I ground some Black Lime Reserve into 2 pods and began testing. What I found was that the grinder took a bit of a learning curve because it has a number of parts that fit together a particular way. Getting the pods in the little holder and figuring out how it all worked together took a few starts and stops, but the end result was great. Each pod holds about 0.1gm of material lightly packed. I found that I got about 10 ten-second hits of light vapor at 385f over 2 sessions (5 hits per session.) Taste was great. Vape path is short so it's a bit warmer than with my FM5 Pro. Because I ordered both the Aura and the grinder together they threw in a couple extra herb pods. Thank you! Airflow is not restricted at all with this model. I haven't tried the oil/wax pod yet. Guess I'll have to acquire some :nod: I am quite pleased with this new toy and the price was incredible!!

OF

My take on the herb pod is there's too big a penalty in volume and extra stuff to heat to be competitive with loading the bowl directly. You get a bit under half the volume of herb and less wall area to heat it with. And you need to draw the heat needed to make vapor through that metal wall meaning the inside of the pod has to be even lower than without (since the wall of the bowl doesn't change in theory), everything has to be cooler than that when 'the heat is flowing'. It's an insulation to the heat flow, strange as that idea is.

They work, but not as well as 'barefoot'.

However, load 'em up with bubble hash or keif and you're in tall cotton.

The concentrate pods definitely have their place. If you can get concentrates, you should get a couple pods to put 'em in. Handy for fast reloads/mode change.

OF

Top Bottom