FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Haunts

I've not got mine yet and i'm sure someone else could be of more assistance but from what ive been reading it is the same apart from the temp range. Which is what i wanted it for as i prefer vaping at a lower temp.

Haunts,

danthepan124

danthepan124 said:
does anyone know anything about what car charger can be used with the FM?

Actually, the FM doesn't use a USB type connection. It's set at 9 volts (unlike USB) and thus the charger needs to put out 9V.

I googled flowermate "car charger" and found this link: EDITED LINK OUT

If i remember correctly, you cant post wizardpuff links, also don't trust that website, they overprice things and have slower shipping that Puffitup. Wait for puffitup to release one is my best bet

danthepan124,

hippogriff

I was talking to someone at Smiss who has been helping me with my Pro order and i mentioned it would be good if they did a Pro version but in the mini size and she said they might have this version in the near future.
Cool, that's a step worth taking. The Mini appears to be a skilled engineering exercise to repackage the v5.0s. The design of the whole Flowermate V5 line is such a basic shape, and the guts are well designed and modular, anyone else thinking about doing a full rebody?

hippogriff,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
That's the only difference.

The Pro also heats up to temp way quicker. I think they upgraded to higher C rating cells in the process and are able to draw more amps out of them.

The charging jack is now on the top and you get a charge meter on the OLED screen, which is to me a big improvement (no more guessing and no more "damn flashing red light just after having filled the bowl and trying to use the device!!!!")

It also allows to stop charging before 100% for those who wish to have their batteries last longer.

max

Out to lunch
The Pro also heats up to temp way quicker.
Nice, but not something that really needed improvement. It was already plenty quick IMO.
you get a charge meter
That's a worthy improvement, although the vaping time on a charge is so long that I've only run out of juice a time or two.

It's nice to see subtle improvements of any kind from a company like this.

Alegre

Pobre payaso
No led light on the oven of the pro.

Can't wait to get home from vacation and order mine!

Last edited:
Alegre,
Reactions: KeroZen

nukami

If i remember correctly, you cant post wizardpuff links, also don't trust that website, they overprice things and have slower shipping that Puffitup. Wait for puffitup to release one is my best bet
Very true it took about a week for it to came to my house. And puff it up sent me another mouthpiece in 4 days

nukami,

JNW

Does anyone else notice a tick tick tick...tick tick tick noise from theirs? Its really faint and comes from near the oven. I'm sure its normal, just wondering what it is.

JNW,

nukami

The oven heating up

What version Is it
Does anyone else notice a tick tick tick...tick tick tick noise from theirs? Its really faint and comes from near the oven. I'm sure its normal, just wondering what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
nukami,

OyVape

Been lurking on this thread for a little while. Been vaping for a few years, have an E-Nano and Arizer Air. I just wanted something with less "moving parts" for portability. Couldn't decide between the Pro & the Mini, but since I love low temps I thought I'd try the Pro first so I could identify which temps I prefer. Then if it turns out that 385 F works for me (the Low setting on the Mini), and I really want something smaller, I can always get the Mini. Somebody mentioned the possibility of a Mini Pro in the future...now that would be the best of all worlds. At this point, I just want to be sure the vape path isn't too short & therefore, too hot.

So I just received a Pro from Puffitup in 2 days (US Priority Mail) to the East Coast! Charging it up now. Battery looks full after a couple hours but the instructions said to charge it 4-4.5 hrs. the first time. Another hour or so to go...& then the burn-in process...and then hopefully the fun begins!

I will report as soon as said fun has begun....;)

I asked the same question back on page 85 of this thread. Go look....

archangelz001,

jm1878

Ok, so in people's opinion, should I (a) Buy a Flowermate 5.0 mini or (b) buy an Imag Plus ? :o

Any help is appreciated asap because I am sick of smoking tobacco and pipes aren't my cup of tea either.

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
I have a FM V5.0s and really find the light in the oven and the charging light that goes from red to green when the batteries are full to be very useful features. Unfortunately both of these have been left off the mini. I was told by puffitup the LED in the oven was not holding up to the heat so has been eliminated. I want to get a mini just for the size but the trade off is going to be a step down in convenience. Not sure yet if it's a deal breaker.

Has anyone come up with a good way to make the Flowermate easier to grip? I find it slippery and hard to handle. Other than that the V5.0s is a terrific vape.

Hubs88,

weenstoned

I think a smaller size would be easier to hold onto. Or certain stickers might make it easier to hold. Not sure if I would upgrade from the 5.0s to the mini or the pro tho, but as I only have the one temp version I feel it is worth the upgrade. Bummer about the oven light being gone, but I think if I am not mistaken the mini can be used as a power bank which makes it a lot more stealthy than the other versions. Way easier to sneak into a club or venue if you have your phone plugged into it and you can show that it is charging your phone.

weenstoned,

Wahiker

...I think if I am not mistaken the mini can be used as a power bank which makes it a lot more stealthy than the other versions. Way easier to sneak into a club or venue if you have your phone plugged into it and you can show that it is charging your phone.

Really? I hadn't heard this. If true, this is indeed a great feature!

Wahiker,

OyVape

Still doing burn off, with a hair dryer (set to "cold") blowing into the oven chamber. Good gawd, this thang stanks!...gradually getting less odorous...odiferous?....Odenkirk? ...no, wait, that's Saul the Criminal Lawyer..:lol:

Just wondering if anyone has tried using E-Nano basket screens in a FM as both a spacer and to keep that pesky little almost-impossible-to-remove screen in the bottom of the chamber clean?Seems like it fits, just not sure how I would remove it for cleaning.

OyVape,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Bah forget the bowl light, it was crap anyways: first version had it exposed in the bowl and it got gunked up so fast it was completely dim in no time. Then on my 5S the led was behind the silicone, but for some reason the end result was the same: now it's so dim it's basically useless...

Besides in the 5S as soon as you power on the device it starts heating up, so you can't really use the LED to fill the bowl like you expect...

IMHO it's really not that big of a loss if it's gone in both new models...

OyVape

Did u do a regular burnoff

If you mean turning it up to max and running it empty, I've probably done at least 20 of the 6-minute sessions.

(Edit)
OK, just fired up the Pro for the first time. Started low, at 350F and kept bumping it up 5 degrees. Got up to 380f and still no vapor. Now the battery is half dead and the actual temp keeps falling and it won't heat up. In fact it keeps cooling down. Is there a limit on how many back to back sessions you can do before it won't cooperate?

Do you have to pretty much fill up the oven chamber for it to work? I don't have any way to weigh what I put in. Does this sound defective?

Also, should I let the battery discharge fully before attempting to use it again?

Last edited:
OyVape,
Top Bottom