FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

max

Out to lunch
Says here that max temp of herbal aire is 205 c.
The herbalAire site says 200C.

but when pressing the button 5 times to heat it up, no chamber light and nothing doing.
I'm not saying this is your problem, but five (quick) button presses turns the vape on and off- doesn't change the temp. Once it's on, holding the button down for 3 full sec. advances the temp.
rather disappointed as it worked pretty well for the 2 months
Shit happens- 2 months, 2 days, or 2 years- products can fail. Some S&B Craftys and Mightys have failed already, and those models have just been released.

max,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
cybrguy,

Trev

I bought a v5s last week, my first ever vape and so far I am loving it. Really has changed everything!

This forum has been really helpful so far, I've learned that I need to change the screens to normal SS for the best results so will do but one thing that I could do with some advice on is cleaning. I've seen a few people post methods and isopropyl seems to be the preferred method and I have loads of it (for cleaning records) so it seems the obvious choice but what should I actually do? I assume just soak the mouthpiece for a bit then use the brush to just clean it all? Do I need to then rinse it really thoroughly? And for cleaning in the unit, if I soak a cotton bud in iso and wipe inside, is that going to do any damage? Do I need to burn off after or just wipe with a clean bud? Thanks!

Trev,
Reactions: KeroZen

Wahiker

... but what should I actually do?

Here's what I do: I hardly clean the oven at all since it doesn't seem to get dirty. I use the enclosed brush to dust it out some, but that's about it for the oven. Mostly I just clean the mouthpiece, and for that, I take it apart, soak in alcohol, poke the holes with a paper clip to make sure they're open (I swapped out the ultra fine mouthpiece screen for a screen with paper-clip-size holes) and then wipe out the end of the mouthpiece (where the 5 holes are) with a QTip dipped in ISO.

Wahiker,
Reactions: Raistlin

Trev

Here's what I do: I hardly clean the oven at all since it doesn't seem to get dirty. I use the enclosed brush to dust it out some, but that's about it for the oven. Mostly I just clean the mouthpiece, and for that, I take it apart, soak in alcohol, poke the holes with a paper clip to make sure they're open (I swapped out the ultra fine mouthpiece screen for a screen with paper-clip-size holes) and then wipe out the end of the mouthpiece (where the 5 holes are) with a QTip dipped in ISO.

Great, thanks for the info, really helpful! So after soaking will a quick rinse under a tap wash off all the alcohol and dirt fine? What are the screens you are using, would be great to swap mine out for larger holed ones.

I still think I will eventually need to clean out the oven itself, it's already got a few bits burned on it seem, plus the thread for the mouthpiece inside is already getting stuff trapped in it. Can anyone else let me know how best to clean it inside?

Trev,

Wahiker

So after soaking will a quick rinse under a tap wash off all the alcohol and dirt fine? What are the screens you are using

Actually, I find it a little tricky to get everything cleaned off the inside of the glass -- even after the ISO soak and a rinse under hot tap water, there's still a little that clings to the inside. I just live with it.

I got the screens from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/351141481582?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Even though it will likely take hours, I suggest browsing thru the past 58 pages worth of posts here. Lots of good information.

Wahiker,

Trev

Actually, I find it a little tricky to get everything cleaned off the inside of the glass -- even after the ISO soak and a rinse under hot tap water, there's still a little that clings to the inside. I just live with it.

I got the screens from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/351141481582?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Even though it will likely take hours, I suggest browsing thru the past 58 pages worth of posts here. Lots of good information.

As long as it gets somewhat cleaner that will be fine, thanks!

Screens look great, unfortunately I am in the Uk and with shipping those screens aren't great value. If anyone knows where to get them in the UK, that would be handy.

I did try and read through the whole thread and did take most of it in but there's just SO much I probably missed loads!

Trev,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Do those screens (above) noticeably increase the airflow over the stock MP screen? I contemplated drilling out the mp restriction holes but decided against that. I DO get particles clogging up the standard screen so I imagine these bigger holes will allow a little more particulate past them...

cybrguy,

SKULFUK

Hey guys. So last night I dropped my v5.0, and the good news is the mouthpiece didn't smash and it still works fine, however the slider door for the mouthpiece storage popped off, and I was too medicated to find it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a cheap replacement? I found a couple on ebay, but I live in Australia and I'm not tryna pay $30 for a piece of plastic.

Thanks guys!

SKULFUK,

UF GatorVaper

Flowermate V8 is now on Massdrop. 20 units needed for $69.99 + 7.71 shipping. My VAS is in remission since I got the hang of my Vapman so I guess I'll pass. I was going to get an Orbiter but the vapman hits so smooth and cool (if you want it to) a water tool seems like gilding the lilly, i.e. an expensive addition that deminishes the beauty and function of something that is neary perfect as is.

UF GatorVaper,

maxx

Hi guys !

Long story short my first experience with vaporizers was not very pleasant, first I got a MFLB but I just could't get used to it and burned my weed several times..

Luckily, the online shop from which I got it offers 30 day hassle-free return policy so I decided to replace it with a Flowermate V5.0S, I wanted the 3 temperatures so I am going to be able to get different types of highs.

And it arrived today ! I could't wait to charge it and I've read that usually it has battery for 1 session so I started it with some nice Dutch White Widow. I am amazed on the lowest setting 196 Celsium the vapor is quite tasty, but I am usually used to bong so I wanted to see "clouds" so I turned it to purple and I got them, I don't plan to use the red setting for now, maybe with some Indica before bed.

I've got some questions though. Usually how do you understand when the herb is done ? The taste or ? I know the color must be brown but for example Orange bud is already close to that..

Till exactly where do I have to fill the chamber ? Only the till the end of the white I suppose ceramic ? Or all the way up just until the screws start ?

Thanks in advance

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Experimentation is what got mankind into the present stage of vaporware, incrementally, progressively...

Max is gonna luv you, Welcome.

PS BTW, MassDrop has just launched the ( long awaited ) FM VIII today.

stark1,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Another charger with the same specs ( Voltage, Amp, Barrell size/polarity ) should charge your unit.

I would advoid Radio Shack.

stark1,

Wahiker

Do those screens (above) noticeably increase the airflow over the stock MP screen? I contemplated drilling out the mp restriction holes but decided against that. I DO get particles clogging up the standard screen so I imagine these bigger holes will allow a little more particulate past them...

There's a lot of talk about this earlier in the thread. In my experience, yes -- the screens with the larger holes that I linked increase the airflow, although at a cost of allowing more particles to sneak through the outer screen to reach the 5-hole plate inside the mouthpiece. But tamping the load down into a "puck" helps that a lot. So overall, I am glad I switched out the screens to one with larger holes.

...Usually how do you understand when the herb is done ?

Till exactly where do I have to fill the chamber ? Only the till the end of the white I suppose ceramic ? Or all the way up just until the screws start ?

With experience, it's pretty easy to recognize when you're not getting anything other than hot air coming through, at which point the herb is spent.

Regarding filling up the chamber, I generally just fill up the white part. I have gone past that and it worked fine, except there was so much vapor coming out it was a little wasteful (I couldn't keep up with it). It might be a good way to go when you're sharing with a friend though.

Wahiker,
Reactions: KeroZen

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There's a lot of talk about this earlier in the thread. In my experience, yes -- the screens with the larger holes that I linked increase the airflow, although at a cost of allowing more particles to sneak through the outer screen to reach the 5-hole plate inside the mouthpiece. But tamping the load down into a "puck" helps that a lot. So overall, I am glad I switched out the screens to one with larger holes.

After your earlier post I ordered them. At $6 there wasn't much to lose and I think a little better airflow couldn't hurt...

cybrguy,

max

Out to lunch
They look nice but the holes are too big to suit me. A standard 3/8" ss screen fits great and offers a compromise between those and the stock screens (which get clogged up way too quickly). You can get a pack of 50 on eBay for a few bucks.

I also drilled out the center hole in the restrictor plate with a 5/64" bit, improving air flow quite a bit. I might go up one bit size (3/32") but that would be it.

Here's a switching power supply you can use with all kinds of products- 8 different connectors and 6 different voltages.

max,

Ugpoll

Does anybody have experience with wizardpuff? I want to purchase the V5.0S from them because they ship to canadian addresses from toronto. A lot of negativity towards them on reddit but no explanation as to why. Are all the reviews on the product pages real deal?

Ugpoll,

Smokey666

Does anybody have experience with www.WizardPuff.com? I want to purchase the V5.0S from them because they ship to canadian addresses from toronto. A lot of negativity towards them on reddit but no explanation as to why. Are all the reviews on the product pages real deal?

They just do these dumb reviews that kinda makes them look stupid but I am sure they could sell you the product that you want.

Smokey666,

Ugpoll

They just do these dumb reviews that kinda makes them look stupid but I am sure they could sell you the product that you want.

Thanks smokey, I ordered the V5.0S with a premium silicon mouthpiece. I'll let you guys know how it goes!!

Ugpoll,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Does anybody have experience with www.WizardPuff.com? I want to purchase the V5.0S from them because they ship to canadian addresses from toronto. A lot of negativity towards them on reddit but no explanation as to why. Are all the reviews on the product pages real deal?

WizardPuff is unwelcome on FC because they run an affiliate programme that has resulted in several spam attempts here. This does not reflect on their customer service which as far as I know is acceptable, i.e. we haven't seen complaints about it.

Trev

I gave mine it's first clean yesterday and it was extremely easy, I just soaked the mouthpiece in iso for ten minutes and wiped the oven out with a cotton bud soaked in iso. Clean as a whistle now!

One question that's slightly off topic, I could do with a new grinder and just wondered what anyone recommends as doing the best grind for the Vapormax?

Trev,
Top Bottom