Firewood Vaporizer

Q guys...does Marc email customers Tracking #'s typically ? Ordered on Feb 15th so was hoping to be able to track the package accurately. I'm pretty sure a few ppl already received there unit from the same purchase day.

Goldenchild76,

throwawaytre3s

Alright everyone, so here it goes. The Firewood 3 field test. I brought my Firewood 3 and a 1 dram vial of ground bud with my, to share between my girlfriend and I. I ended up not even running out by the time the night was over, and had two packs left the next morning. So here we go!

The trip starts!

pYq646l.jpg

We took the red line in. It was a good trip, I got to use my charlie card for the first time in ages! Also, I should note that for the night, I had the firewood in my front chest pocket the whole time. Completely discrete, excellent at blending in, I'll touch on that some more later though. It was discrete enough for me to walk to an empty part of the platform and hit pretty innocuously.

FtASF6K.jpg

We rode the train up to Cambridge, where we were able to walk around the block and vape pretty fine, then go in for a bite to eat. I was at a solid 6 easy. Then after dinner, we split another FW3 bowl, and then went to see a show! It was pretty terrific. I walked past a few police while vaping and nobody said a word. Although I have a strong feeling that has a lot more to do with the fact that weed is pretty tolerated in the northeast, given that it's decriminalized everywhere. It's just not worth their time for a $70 ticket.

Yd0aU6d.jpg

By now, after the show, the battery is at about half, and the vial is at about half, too. I peaked in the show at about an 8 and then came down from there. We went out after the show to a pastry place in the North End.

L21LzUg.jpg

We sat down with our pastries and vaped a bit on a bench, and there were several people around walking their dogs and smoking bogies, and it didn't seem to arouse suspicion or anything. Again, may be more of a local climate on weed thing. But, you can't deny, it's pretty discrete looking.

So by now, we went home for the night, and I still had enough bud and battery to get me high the next morning. I spent most of the evening over a 5, as did my girlfriend, and overall I think the firewood did a fantastic job performing. Just as expected.

Now for the negatives, and there aren't many. Only two, really. Loading it in public (I only have one capsule), and the smell. Loading it just felt sketchy. While it took under 5 seconds to pour the right amount out, and suck it up, it just felt out of place. That's what would probably draw attention. Every time I had to repack it, it was an ordeal. Multiple mouthpiece / capsules though are the solution, and this problem has already been talked about and is well known. It occurs at home as well, clearly. The other problem, if you want to call it that, is the smell. It's a vape that can produce large clouds if you want it to, and if you do, they're going to smell. This isn't really vape dependent, I feel, I think any vape is going to smell, so don't do it in crowds or anything, obviously.

So overall, it went very well. The Firewood definitely served my purposes extremely well, and performed exactly as I expected it to. Top notch, man.

sesh732

Imaginable
Loving my FW3, grateful for fc community for turning me on to the new generation of portable vaporizers. Still dig my old MFLB, but the FW 3 is a new experience for me! This is my first ever forum post after lurking for a few weeks

I'm having one issue that I'd like to get some experienced users' advice on. I'm tired of fiddling with screens in the small capsules, and I'm looking for a glass screened mouthpiece or stem to use instead of the stock setup. I haven't used an arizer air or solo, but it looks like those stems with the four holes could work. I don't mind using the FW 3 inverted to keep material off the heater, so I'm envisioning drawing from the FW 3 "hamster" style with a bent Arizer stem. Can anyone confirm that Arizer stems work with the FW 3 in this way, eliminating the need for a separate metal screen? And does the Arizer stem fit naked into the FW3, wood on glass, or is there a silicone or other connector you've used to make the connection?
Thanks!

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

Forgot to include, any insight on whether to use air or solo stems in the FW 3 would be appreciated. I've read that the solo stems are slightly larger. If anyone has a link to a glass screened stem that has worked with their FW 3, that would be great! Doesn't have to be original parts or high quality, as I will probably buy a few and mod or break them lol

Edited for improve cave man grammar

Last edited by a moderator:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Forgot to include, any insight on whether to use air or solo stems in the FW 3 would be appreciated. I've read that the solo stems are slightly larger. If anyone has a link to a glass screened stem that has worked with their FW 3, that would be great! Doesn't have to be original parts or high quality, as I will probably buy a few and mod or break them lol

air/solo stems are indeed a little too large.maybe you could sand out the hole a tiny bit so they could fit...i wouldnt...

as for an easier capsule system in my opinion, check a few posts back:
heho!

not long after i got the unit i got sick of the capsule system and the inability to pack a new load in the hot capsule...

i took out the bottom screen of the capsule and placed a fitting screen within the firewood above the heater (you can get it out again but its not the easiest task). now i load the capsule by sucking up herb or pushing it into some ground material, similar to a solo/air stem.

i have never to touch the capsule itself again. the herbs stay in the capsule when upside down,no problem, worst case they fall onto the screen above the heater and get suckedinto the capsule at the next hit.

i highly recommend this method!

H5fyayQ.jpg

UioKId6.jpg

the dark thing in the first pic is a ultra fine ss mesh screen i added to the mouthpiece

radiant34

dropped my firewood and it started cracking right next to the air intake... does anyone know if he warrantees the bodies incase they break? i know the next fall this thing takes its done for.

radiant34,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
@radiant34 I would assume a break from a drop wouldn't be covered under warranty but he may fix it for a price, but never hurts to ask.

After i dropped my fw3 and it broke in two, the manufacturer recommended using ca wood glue to fix it up.

If the split is below the air intake it should not get too hot so any ca wood glue or superglue should do, but for safety you could try a food safe type like Gorilla glue or a high temp resistant glue.

Good luck

sesh732

Imaginable
but for safety you could try a food safe type like Gorilla glue or a high temp resistant glue.

+1. best practices for gluing, like following instructions, using clamps, and removing excess glue promptly should minimize appearance of the crack and potential exposure to vapor path. I apologize if this is really obvious :-)

It's good to know that the FW3 can be repaired, since my unit seems to be really good at increasing my probability of dropping a vaporizer!

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Fellow Firewood Fanatics...

i think I love this beautiful block of Wood.

Added a drip tip from my first E-Cig... Seems to really help with the super slow and steady stream of the draw.

I'm seriously considering bumping up to "pump 2"
@paytonpenn ...

I'm only able to get vapor production on level 4, but damn.. It's super thick, dense clouds... I too love my darker rich flavor ABV.

As you may or may not know, I've been reading your posts and watching your videos along with @nosmoking ...

You guys are giving some great advice, been busy with starting up a new cycle in the garden lately though ( 2 FLAV by TGA and a cross of G13 X The White- stoked )

Would you gentlemen suggest pump 2 to start? I'd like to do some Temp Stepping, while I love dark, higher temperatures, I still enjoy the light end of the Spectrum as I'm climbing the proverbial mountain.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the Thread..

CarrotWarrior

Fellow Firewood Fanatics...

i think I love this beautiful block of Wood.

Added a drip tip from my first E-Cig... Seems to really help with the super slow and steady stream of the draw.

I'm seriously considering bumping up to "pump 2"
@paytonpenn ...

I'm only able to get vapor production on level 4, but damn.. It's super thick, dense clouds... I too love my darker rich flavor ABV.

As you may or may not know, I've been reading your posts and watching your videos along with @nosmoking ...

You guys are giving some great advice, been busy with starting up a new cycle in the garden lately though ( 2 FLAV by TGA and a cross of G13 X The White- stoked )

Would you gentlemen suggest pump 2 to start? I'd like to do some Temp Stepping, while I love dark, higher temperatures, I still enjoy the light end of the Spectrum as I'm climbing the proverbial mountain.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the Thread..
Love the picture is that Ganesha ?

Also I've been mostly going for the dark abv also, I'm on the same boat for maybe pump 2 temp or boosting the device higher to make low temps easier but the technique and draw involved takes much more time than the fast high heat of 3/4.

Going to try to get one of those e cig drip tips also :sherlock:

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Love the picture is that Ganesha ?
Why Thanks man! And indeed Ganesha...

Also I've been mostly going for the dark abv also, I'm on the same boat for maybe pump 2 temp or boosting the device higher to make low temps easier but the technique and draw involved takes much more time than the fast high heat of 3/4.

Going to try to get one of those e cig drip tips also :sherlock:

Most certainly sound advice, much appreciated.

This thing is a monster, I actually combusted on my first session, knew right away that this has serious potential.

I also just discovered my bent Solo stem fits air-tight in the Firewood hole...
It got me thinking for sure...

More testing is a necessity.
:cool:

j-bug

I actually used a smaller diameter ring of tubing over the threading of the Drip Tip.

Perfect seal, and looks very similar to a beautiful Box Mod.
I was gonna comment on that look as people generally seem to assume it's a box mod when they see it or "one of those dangerous electronic cigarette things" as one elderly person put it while smoking a cigarette and putting a drip tip on like that can only help with the stealth factor. Now I just need to find a suitable drip tip.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Loving my FW3, grateful for fc community for turning me on to the new generation of portable vaporizers. Still dig my old MFLB, but the FW 3 is a new experience for me! This is my first ever forum post after lurking for a few weeks

I'm having one issue that I'd like to get some experienced users' advice on. I'm tired of fiddling with screens in the small capsules, and I'm looking for a glass screened mouthpiece or stem to use instead of the stock setup. I haven't used an arizer air or solo, but it looks like those stems with the four holes could work. I don't mind using the FW 3 inverted to keep material off the heater, so I'm envisioning drawing from the FW 3 "hamster" style with a bent Arizer stem. Can anyone confirm that Arizer stems work with the FW 3 in this way, eliminating the need for a separate metal screen? And does the Arizer stem fit naked into the FW3, wood on glass, or is there a silicone or other connector you've used to make the connection?
Thanks!

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

Ha!!!

Thought the same thing!

Straight is too big, my bent fits in perfectly in a Native FW3...

Trying to figure out the best configuration...

Possibly pump 4, and use Hampster Style.

Or a combination of @funkyjunky 's mod.

I was gonna comment on that look as people generally seem to assume it's a box mod when they see it or "one of those dangerous electronic cigarette things" as one elderly person put it while smoking a cigarette and putting a drip tip on like that can only help with the stealth factor. Now I just need to find a suitable drip tip.

Mine is from the old Kangertech Cart, right before they released the Aerotank Mega.
Wish I could remember the name of it.
It's cheap SS.

Feels much more comfortable than stock.

Hashtag46&2,
Reactions: nosmoking

Spocks_Katra

my FW3 got back from repair today, I guess they couldnt find out what was wrong with it (error where it buzzed 6times, repeated 4 times and then auto shut off). they replaced the entire heater, but when I took it out of the box, something was rattling inside the battery chamber, I havent had I chance to open it because im in a pain flareup and my hands wont stay steady but I am pretty bummed that it may have arrived back broken

CarrotWarrior

my FW3 got back from repair today, I guess they couldnt find out what was wrong with it (error where it buzzed 6times, repeated 4 times and then auto shut off). they replaced the entire heater, but when I took it out of the box, something was rattling inside the battery chamber, I havent had I chance to open it because im in a pain flareup and my hands wont stay steady but I am pretty bummed that it may have arrived back broken

Hope it works, despite the nuances :whoa:

sesh732

Imaginable
error where it buzzed 6times, repeated 4 times and then auto shut off)

My FW3 did the same thing on day 1. I theorize that I pressed the button more quickly than the electronics could handle and/or while it was vibrating, and this temporarily overloaded it. The vape was barely warm so it wasn't from extended use. This hasn't happened again in 2-3 weeks of daily use. Hoping it never does. I haven't attempted to reproduce it and I don't think I want to try.

Does this concern me for long term reliability? Not really. Most of my electronics that are more complicated than a hot wire (love ya mflb!) display glitchy behavior once in a while. Am I an ostrich with his head in the sand? Perhaps. I understand why you sent your unit in, sorry you didn't get answers. Hope it works Perfectly, now and forever!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Are you sure the rattling is not just the batteries? This has been mentioned before that you can here them slide back and forth if you shake your Firewood around.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
My Firewood has something inside that will occasionally shake/rattle slightly. Sometimes it seems to make electrical contact and trigger like a button click. Pretty sure it's not the batteries... they're in there quite tight!

Last week my coat was hanging nearby with FW in its inside pocket (along with something metallic); out of nowhere I heard the battery level buzzes, so I went and held the button and it indicated it was powering off.

Later that day, I took a couple hits, turned it off and put it down. Over the next few minutes it made a couple random buzzes, and then I noticed that it would give a short buzz whenever I touched one of the screws on the battery cover. I clicked the button to see if it was on and would set a temperature, but there was no response. Shortly afterward it made the 'time out' buzzes and seemingly turned itself off again??

Fortunately it still does an amazing job of providing vapor, even though the electronics seem slightly wonky at times! I kind of want to get a second FW as backup in case this one ever needs to be sent in :luv:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
My Firewood has something inside that will occasionally shake/rattle slightly. Sometimes it seems to make electrical contact and trigger like a button click. Pretty sure it's not the batteries... they're in there quite tight!

Last week my coat was hanging nearby with FW in its inside pocket (along with something metallic); out of nowhere I heard the battery level buzzes, so I went and held the button and it indicated it was powering off.

Later that day, I took a couple hits, turned it off and put it down. Over the next few minutes it made a couple random buzzes, and then I noticed that it would give a short buzz whenever I touched one of the screws on the battery cover. I clicked the button to see if it was on and would set a temperature, but there was no response. Shortly afterward it made the 'time out' buzzes and seemingly turned itself off again??

Fortunately it still does an amazing job of providing vapor, even though the electronics seem slightly wonky at times! I kind of want to get a second FW as backup in case this one ever needs to be sent in :luv:
Your description makes me think it is the batteries. If the battery loses connection to the little metal piece on the backside of your battery cover and then regains connection it will automatically turn the device on when the connection is made. Just a little FYI, any time you insert batteries into the device and connect the battery cover it turns on automatically. Sounds like your device is losing connection and then regaining it only to turn itself on and since no one is doing it then no one is setting the temp so it goes into the default shutoff mode.

I could be wrong of course, but to me it sounds like a battery is sliding around and getting stuck in the ever so tight battery canal. For instance the time you set your jacket down you could have jolted the FW3 enough for the battery to lose contact and stick in its position with no contact. As the device rested in your jacket the battery may have been pulled from it's stuck position by gravity and now makes contact again.

Spocks_Katra

its not the batteries, I had to ship it back without batteries and they returned it without batteries, I just opened it and the spring for the batteries came unattached at the bottom and was sliding around, now im going to have to send it in again because it does seem like it will cause a short if not put back in or attached correctly

Spocks_Katra,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hope all is good. Is it working finally? :peace:

EDIT: sorry, was writing as you replied.
Bummer to hear that. Wish I could help you with a good advice..
Try to reach out for Marc first. Maybe he can help you without having it sent in. Best of luck!

Last edited:

hippogriff

My FW3 did the same thing on day 1. I theorize that I pressed the button more quickly than the electronics could handle and/or while it was vibrating, and this temporarily overloaded it. The vape was barely warm so it wasn't from extended use. This hasn't happened again in 2-3 weeks of daily use. Hoping it never does. I haven't attempted to reproduce it and I don't think I want to try.
I encountered this and fixed by disconnecting the batteries to reset the device. I like the straightforwardness of Marc's design, makes troubleshooting easy. For instance, once, out of habit from using a Grasshopper, I shut my Firewood down while drawing, and then I couldn't get it to turn on again (a few quick vibrations then shut down, I think). I thought "Oh, prolly dumb to do that in the 'draw' state" so I just turned it on while drawing, all better.

Your description makes me think it is the batteries. If the battery loses connection to the little metal piece on the backside of your battery cover and then regains connection it will automatically turn the device on when the connection is made. Just a little FYI, any time you insert batteries into the device and connect the battery cover it turns on automatically. Sounds like your device is losing connection and then regaining it only to turn itself on and since no one is doing it then no one is setting the temp so it goes into the default shutoff mode.

I could be wrong of course, but to me it sounds like a battery is sliding around and getting stuck in the ever so tight battery canal. For instance the time you set your jacket down you could have jolted the FW3 enough for the battery to lose contact and stick in its position with no contact. As the device rested in your jacket the battery may have been pulled from it's stuck position by gravity and now makes contact again.
This, also check maybe your battery cover is plain old loose.

hippogriff,
Reactions: friedrich
Top Bottom