Firewood Vaporizer

elykpeace

exVASted
Hello I'm currently saving up for one of those beauties and have a quick question - the mouthpiece holder which holds 3 mouthpieces comes and holds 3 capsules as well? Or is it just for holding the mouthpiece and I need to purchase capsules separately? Didn't see it being taken out of the holder anywhere yet. Happy toking everyone!

My understanding is that triple mouth peice/capsule is a package deal includes 3 total assemblies and the block to hold them in

elykpeace,

Gettinbetter

Hello I'm currently saving up for one of those beauties and have a quick question - the mouthpiece holder which holds 3 mouthpieces comes and holds 3 capsules as well? Or is it just for holding the mouthpiece and I need to purchase capsules separately? Didn't see it being taken out of the holder anywhere yet. Happy toking everyone!
It comes with them or at least it did in the package deal.

Gettinbetter,

Office_Printer

Does Marc send shipping/tracking info?

edit: nvm, got tracking info this afternoon!!

Last edited:
Office_Printer,

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
One thing I've noticed about my FW4 is that the heating chamber tends to get quite hot (hot to the touch on the short-walled side) after the unit has been in use for more than five minutes or so, especially at higher temps and more so than I remember with my FW3.

Is there any concern re: this much heat so close to the battery? This is my first vape with replaceable 18650 batteries and they kinda freak me out after reading so much about them on this thread.

sk8man121,

Office_Printer

One thing I've noticed about my FW4 is that the heating chamber tends to get quite hot (hot to the touch on the short-walled side) after the unit has been in use for more than five minutes or so, especially at higher temps and more so than I remember with my FW3.

Is there any concern re: this much heat so close to the battery? This is my first vape with replaceable 18650 batteries and they kinda freak me out after reading so much about them on this thread.
Not sure if folks around here are familiar with mooch's battery tests, but he rates the safety limit as 100°C, so nothing catastrophic should happen at lower temps. But excessive heat can shorten the life of the battery. If you take the battery out and it is not uncomfortably warm there should be no worries.

Office_Printer,
Reactions: KeroZen

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I sent Marc a message about a week ago, is he still taking names for the list or am I gonna have to wake up early to refresh firewoodvapes.com when they get in stock :D

I don't really mind doing that :p very rarely am I ever refreshing to buy anything and was fun to pull the trigger on FW3.

I use my FW3 actually a whole bunch more since the 4 was released. It hasn't gotten much use for a few months but I'm loving it all over again :) It's great IMO to microdose a bit throughout the day. Still get 5 capsules on a charge.

Can you temp hack the FW4 up? And/or is it even needed?

StonerSloth

cui bono?

One tip to cool down a vape quickly (common technique on wax pens) is to turn off the heater and draw cool air through it for a few pulls.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
You can, I don't think you'll need to unless you're going for concentrates.

Thanks Payton! I won't be, that's cool to hear tho. I run my fw3 hacked up 4 points, an always use temp 4. Let's me not have to draw super slow and can cash a capsule in about 4-5 hits. I do a strong puff at the top for heater, then a medium draw....comparable to how I use my Underdog. Very nice! At default settings the draw was too slow for me preference, but seems like they oomphed it up on FW4 :) love it.

Love the design of it as well, really sleek - and thanks the videos you were a great help at showing this off

HellsWindStaff,

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Thanks Payton! I won't be, that's cool to hear tho. I run my fw3 hacked up 4 points, an always use temp 4. Let's me not have to draw super slow and can cash a capsule in about 4-5 hits. I do a strong puff at the top for heater, then a medium draw....comparable to how I use my Underdog. Very nice! At default settings the draw was too slow for me preference, but seems like they oomphed it up on FW4 :) love it.

Love the design of it as well, really sleek - and thanks the videos you were a great help at showing this off

Can anyone with a FW4 in hand tell us how quickly you can kill a capsule at stock heat settings on level 4? Interested in the "quick extraction" capability for a very short session.

I'm sure one of you guys would be willing to do this test....... for science......... :science:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@firewood Can we get capsules like this with a built in glass screen? My biggest annoyance with the Firewoods have been the mesh screens moving around when im hitting it or cleaning out the capsule. These are actually pods for the milaana but I like the idea for the firewood.
@ChooChooCharlie upclose pic
n6FT1zMm.jpg

I could try. Need to get me a FW4 first!

trenchkato

No tem
I sent Marc a message about a week ago, is he still taking names for the list or am I gonna have to wake up early to refresh firewoodvapes.com when they get in stock :D

I don't really mind doing that :p very rarely am I ever refreshing to buy anything and was fun to pull the trigger on FW3.

I use my FW3 actually a whole bunch more since the 4 was released. It hasn't gotten much use for a few months but I'm loving it all over again :) It's great IMO to microdose a bit throughout the day. Still get 5 capsules on a charge.

Can you temp hack the FW4 up? And/or is it even needed?

No temp hack needed. At least for my unit. I can get some vapor on level 1. And level 3 is good enough for to have black abv.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Can anyone with a FW4 in hand tell us how quickly you can kill a capsule at stock heat settings on level 4? Interested in the "quick extraction" capability for a very short session.

I'm sure one of you guys would be willing to do this test....... for science......... :science:
Here is a one hit from the Firewood. I used the cooling unit and had the capsule reversed. The next hit would've probably made it black knowing my standards.

ztrx04V.jpg

rosedale

@firewood Can we get capsules like this with a built in glass screen? My biggest annoyance with the Firewoods have been the mesh screens moving around when im hitting it or cleaning out the capsule. These are actually pods for the milaana but I like the idea for the firewood.
@ChooChooCharlie upclose pic
n6FT1zMm.jpg

Totally agree with this. A glass screen would be great. I've had some issues with the screen from capsule moving around. It's not a huge deal but it would be a noticeable improvement.

rosedale,
Reactions: djchexxx

Alegre

Pobre payaso
If I buy a FW3 and something goes wrong with, would I still be able to get it fix/service?

Alegre,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
If I buy a FW3 and something goes wrong with, would I still be able to get it fix/service?
Marc is a very nice guy, I'm confident it will help you even if you don't own the last version. It's my first post from a while in this thread but the FW project has seen a lot of improvements since day one of this thread!

friedrich

Little-Known Member
I'm finding it hard to match up numbers from what he recommends to what I find on websites for batteries. Can someone explain what to look for?

This is what I was looking at

https://www.imrbatteries.com/lg-hg2-18650-3000mah-20a-flat-top-battery/
That HG2 should be good… in fact it's recommended on the firewoodvapes.com FAQ page.
I just got one myself but haven't used it yet; today I'm trying my other new one, a VTC6.

I wondered about this too after deciding to give my FW3 as a gift. If the recipient has any problems, should he just contact you directly @firewood?

thevapester

can you link what you bought?

Not going to link to them because Im lazy but here are the details from my invoice:

Sony VTC4 18650 2100mAh 30A Flat Top Battery ( 1)
Efest XSmart Battery Charger ( 1)
LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Flat Top Battery ( 1)

So far working great. The LG HG2's are definitely lasting longer, should have gotten two of those. The Sony's dont last as long, but Im wondering if they allow the element to heat faster because they are 30A instead of 20A but I don't know how electricity works so probably not.... @firewood ?

thevapester,
Reactions: bryn987

thevapester

I want to join the glass capsule crowd. Just spent ten minutes trying to get the stupid mesh from a capsule that the mesh flipped sideways on ( dumping my load into the heating element :( ) to get back in and stay. I found that the best way to do this was to find something cylindrical that just fits in the capsule, press the screen onto it, then fit the capsule over the screen while it is on the cylindrical thingy, then press firmly to get a tight fix. Upon examination it looks like this is how the screens are fit to the capsule's in the first place.

Top Bottom