Firewood Vaporizer

cobeast

I just want to relay the positive repair experience I recently had. After getting acquainted with the unit I really enjoyed using it. Great taste, easy to use and control and in a beautiful package. Unfortunately I'm also a butterfingers and I dropped it, cracking the base where the button and charging port are. Sent the unit in for repair (not warranty) and got the unit back yesterday. It was a smooth process, with Marc responding to my requested updates and turning it around in short window. Overall a just a great product. My only quibble is the glass capsule system. Again referencing my earlier butterfingers comment I have broken at least 3 of the glass capsules while trying to load them up. Again it's not a design flaw but I wish the capsules were a little hardier although I'm unsure if there is a type of glass that's resistant to that kind of abuse (i.e. gravity). I would highly recommend this device. I'm a fan.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I just want to relay the positive repair experience I recently had. After getting acquainted with the unit I really enjoyed using it. Great taste, easy to use and control and in a beautiful package. Unfortunately I'm also a butterfingers and I dropped it, cracking the base where the button and charging port are. Sent the unit in for repair (not warranty) and got the unit back yesterday. It was a smooth process, with Marc responding to my requested updates and turning it around in short window. Overall a just a great product. My only quibble is the glass capsule system. Again referencing my earlier butterfingers comment I have broken at least 3 of the glass capsules while trying to load them up. Again it's not a design flaw but I wish the capsules were a little hardier although I'm unsure if there is a type of glass that's resistant to that kind of abuse (i.e. gravity). I would highly recommend this device. I'm a fan.
While I haven't broken any capsules, I have dropped one on my rug before. And it stayed lost for awhile. It's so tiny and it bounced so far. What I have done many times, and in fact just did, is burn myself when I absentmindedly take out the whole mouthpiece when I'm done with a session.

I'm having trouble getting my batteries out, currently. They are the default batteries. I removed them one other time and they were easy to get out. It was tight, but not too tight. For some reason now, they are just lodged in there. There is no wiggle room what-so-ever. And I just bought new batteries for it, too.

Diggy Smalls,

powderfinger76

One way hitter!
What size is the
Silicon tube you guys use, there is like a million of them:uhoh:

Is 10 mm on the inside too big ?

Last edited:
powderfinger76,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
What size is the
Silicon tube you guys use, there is like a million of them:uhoh:

Is 10 mm on the inside too big ?

No that's good! Think mine is 10(12 outside - but only to attach something. NOT for putting INTO the device with a capsule. That won't fit, it's slightly too thick.)

The original mouthpiece silicone is 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD - or the other way round. Not into inches :D
Could not find perfect one s in the EU since we have slightly different standards..

powderfinger76

One way hitter!
No that's good! Think mine is 10(12 outside - but only to attach something. NOT for putting INTO the device with a capsule. That won't fit, it's slightly too thick.)

The original mouthpiece silicone is 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD - or the other way round. Not into inches :D
Could not find perfect one s in the EU since we have slightly different standards..

Ok perfect thanks for the answer!
10 sounds good then!

powderfinger76,

vapen00b

Gotta correct myself: the correct silicone size for mouthpiece/capsules is
3/8" ID x 1/2"

@nealcassidy: If you haven't got an answer via PM from someone, here's two pics of the bare mouthpiece (w/o silicone nor capsule) - it's in CENTIMETER - not inches
OMlJZOl.jpg

dCpQDXQ.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!

nealcassidy

Searched but haven't found an answer to this one.

After turning on and hearing one long buzz then three or four short buzzes to tell me the battery level, if I do the initial hard hit to actuate the heater, then start hitting it, the firewood will just shut off almost immediately (the 20-second auto shutoff)...

But if, after the battery level buzzes, I press the button three or four times to set the temp, then go through the hitting sequence, the firewood stays on and hits as it should.

Is setting the temp level a requirement every time I turn my firewood on, or is this just some quirk with the one I got? Really isn't any problem to set temp every time, it's just not the way I understood it should work when I was reading here before buying. And not something that I would send it back for.

nealcassidy,
Reactions: rosedale

Milkytime

Is setting the temp level a requirement every time I turn my firewood on, or is this just some quirk with the one I got? Really isn't any problem to set temp every time, it's just not the way I understood it should work when I was reading here before buying. And not something that I would send it back for.

@nealcassidy Yes its working as intended, you need to set the temp first every time.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I had the same thing happen a few times and forgot to ask, appreciate the insight!

Almost 2 months with my Unit......figured I would pop back in and share some more thoughts.

Battery life is very strong, I throw it on at 2 typically but I never am without a charge.

No performance issues or hiccups. Works just like the day I got it :)

Still need to invest in a mouthpiece. Got a 14mm shirt down stem to try from LHS, was horrible lol. Gonna hit up OGB as I do think I prefer it dry.

I usually just use a jhook or direct from capsule. I'm 4 temps boosted up and use it at level 3 typically. Nice even extraction and get thoroughly baked! A little harsh direct, but not too bad for me. Could see how it would bother some. Very smooth and easy with J-hook. Probably going to get something about 4 or 5 inches long.

I do find it kind of finnicky through water. I have two 4 hole diffused little mini tubes that are 14mm, it does seem to work best with those. Anything with too much volume is just kinda meh for me. Or maybe the additional percolation make it difficult. Hard to tell if I'm doing it right :lol: but I did actually combust for the first time with the little water pipe the other day :lol: first time for everything! Was dark and I couldn't see the vapor properly. My more elaborate perc'd pieces are difficult for me to prime the heater and judge the strength of how much I'm cooling it, etc, the little 4 hole diffusers work great though!

Was an easy clean, let the capsule system soak in ISO, torched screens, ISO'ed them, reinserted everything and it was good as new. No smell or nothing with the Firewood either :)

I would consider the capsule system one of the most talked about complaints.....to each their own and we all have different needs, but for me I disagree. I really like the capsule system for what it is, it's less stuff for me to break when I take it on the go. I have a Packratz I keep the Fw and the caddie in (+ weed and stuff, I use it for when I take it out in the woods), but I've also just tossed them both in my pocket with the j-hook in the other. I like how it keeps everything compact and like how you can prepack them easily. They take like at most 30 seconds to cool down outside the FW, and then you can just pop it out, blow out the silicon end, then insert it backwards and blow out the capsule. Easy peasy.

I do agree that the stock screens suck and easily get knocked out of place, but mine are stuck in place now that I've utilized them enough. Was a PITA though for sure initially always having to get a toothpick or paperclip to finagle it back in place after I kicked it....I never seem to have them on hand when necessary :lol:

Overall I really like it! I grab for it often, and find I most often use it as a nightcap vape. It has actually supplemented the Underdog in many ways with its quick heat up time and similar signature. But it's the vape I find I keep on my nightstand to watch when I need medicated before bed or in the middle of the night. I do take it out quite a bit too, but I like it right by my bedside :)

powderfinger76

One way hitter!
Woooheeee!! My FW came this Wednesday, pretty quick delivery since he shipped it last Friday.
I tried it on temp 2 yesterday and I don't think I will go for anything higher than that, at least not right now :)some clouds were seen anyway!
I'm gonna try a few more times tonight and see but I can say that I'm a really happy FW owner!:D

vapen00b

Still need to invest in a mouthpiece.

Really try this one. Not too sexy, but very smoothing.
p3tjQXY.jpg

Woooheeee!! My FW came this Wednesday, pretty quick delivery since he shipped it last Friday.
I tried it on temp 2 yesterday and I don't think I will go for anything higher than that, at least not right now :)some clouds were seen anyway!
I'm gonna try a few more times tonight and see but I can say that I'm a really happy FW owner!:D

Grats man. I think you're gonna enjoy it. Have fun! :)

Milkytime

Yeah i really need to try the cooling unit as my biggist issue with FW is apperently i have a low tolerance to hot vapor. I pretty much have to use it through glass.
I dont have a mighty or crafty, so is the connection the same on both? Is the cooling unit the same?

Milkytime,
Top Bottom