Firewood Vaporizer

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Hi guys.
I am a current (happy) e-nano user.
I need a portable vaping solution.
I am looking at the Milaana and Firewood 3.
For those that have used both: which would you recommend?

Thanks!
Never used an Enano or a Milaana but the FW vape signature reminds me very much of my Underdogs through glass stems

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Gettinbetter

jLPU1FP.jpg

Took my Firewood 3 and a Jyarz backpacking with me and both performed wonderfully.

Ive had the Firewood for a few months now and decided to drop in and leave some pics and a few words.
Since day 1 of getting this device ive been very happy with results. I also own a Enano so was hoping for a solid portable convection vape. Saw the FW3 and grabbed one while i still sit and wait for my GH lol (what a joke) I use it daily while out and about and gets me through the day til i get home no probs.
By now theres been alot of reviews and info on this device so wont go into great detail. Bottom line is i love the FW3. The biggest con would have to be Vape temp and the Draw technology is a tad skechey at times.... But after u get a good system/technique in place... those cons become less of an issue for sure. Heres some pics of the Firewood out and about on some trail walks. Cheers

PlTC76q.jpg

dQpuzG6.jpg

paezxSV.jpg

Bxx8WTH.jpg

8CjVI7p.jpg

tB6XqyC.jpg

Last edited:

ArthurJ

Yah, I get your point. It's not that nice looking, totally agree.
You could also think about getting one of @Ed's TnT nano stems. They fit very well.
Got a wonderis keful walnut one and a walnut 14mm adapter. They both look beautiful and do the job too. :)

Only got a pic with the adapter, which is way shorter than the stem
NbA7IYA.jpg

After this nice setup, I decided to give the ugly a shot and bought the CU.;)

Peace:peace:

So, this is the post that got me. Got my first vape, a FW 2.1 about two years, then discovered this site and got tips on how to use it and lurked here for some. Recently I began using it more regularly and feeling l like was getting the hang of it (I had set it aside for a bit) and began reading up here about the FW 3. I liked what I heard, I always loved the look of the FW, and then just loved this pic. loved the look of the walnut (my 2.1 is maple) with the wood attachment. So of course I ordered one, I had previouslt had no intention of upgrading, it arrived yesterday and after getting it charged, I must say, I am looking forward to playing with this! It's a fine device.
I guess its fair to say that I'm a loyal Firewood enthusiast!

So I really want to say that as a longtime lurker who will probably never post much, you guys are great, I love stopping in from time to time and seeing what people have to say.

Mr Mellish

I'm the moron who took too long to understand you had to set the temp every time you started it up. Once I got past that MAJOR hurdle and learned to draw slowly, I grew to love it. The speed and the flavor are huge winners. It is my goto vape in most situations.

Sometimes I'll switch it up and go with the Prima, which is a bit slower and has a hint of a plastic taste. If I'm sure no one is around, I'll grab the Vapman. If everyone has been asleep for a while, I might pull out the Crafty. My poor ESV sits lonely because I am not interested in tweaking and I may have to find it a new home. My OG vape, the MFLB, is stashed away somewhere and I'm not interested in finding it.

It's entirely possible I'll get my March 2015 Grasshoppers before 2017. Interested to see if that throws a spanner in the works.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
So, this is the post that got me. Got my first vape, a FW 2.1 about two years, then discovered this site and got tips on how to use it and lurked here for some. Recently I began using it more regularly and feeling l like was getting the hang of it (I had set it aside for a bit) and began reading up here about the FW 3. I liked what I heard, I always loved the look of the FW, and then just loved this pic. loved the look of the walnut (my 2.1 is maple) with the wood attachment. So of course I ordered one, I had previouslt had no intention of upgrading, it arrived yesterday and after getting it charged, I must say, I am looking forward to playing with this! It's a fine device.
I guess its fair to say that I'm a loyal Firewood enthusiast!

So I really want to say that as a longtime lurker who will probably never post much, you guys are great, I love stopping in from time to time and seeing what people have to say.

Welcome to the fun, fellow Firewoody!
Thanks for your kind words. I hope you'll enjoy your fw3 as most of the people here do. If you have any questions, you know where to look ;)

Enjoy & peace

djchexxx

I'm the moron who took too long to understand you had to set the temp every time you started it up. Once I got past that MAJOR hurdle and learned to draw slowly, I grew to love it. The speed and the flavor are huge winners. It is my goto vape in most situations.

Sometimes I'll switch it up and go with the Prima, which is a bit slower and has a hint of a plastic taste. If I'm sure no one is around, I'll grab the Vapman. If everyone has been asleep for a while, I might pull out the Crafty. My poor ESV sits lonely because I am not interested in tweaking and I may have to find it a new home. My OG vape, the MFLB, is stashed away somewhere and I'm not interested in finding it.

It's entirely possible I'll get my March 2015 Grasshoppers before 2017. Interested to see if that throws a spanner in the works.

Not really a popular opnion but as someone who just sold their GH I can tell you now you're not missing much. After using the GH for one month straight and going to the FW the vape quality felt exactly the same and tasted the same. The only differences is size and user replaceable battery. IMO the GH is not worth the long wait unless you're looking for ultra portability.

ArthurJ

Thanks for your kind words. I hope you'll enjoy your fw3 as most of the people here do. If you have any questions, you know where to look ;)

Enjoy & peace

Enjoy & peace

Hey, how does that wooden adapter fit into the mouth piece, do you have to remove the glass or anything like that?

ArthurJ,

djchexxx

Has anyone had to send in their FW3 for warranty? I had a small issue with the battery feedback so I sent it in. I understand its memorial day weekend so everything will be delayed but I was wondering what's the typical turn around time?

Hey, how does that wooden adapter fit into the mouth piece, do you have to remove the glass or anything like that?

From the pics it looks like you can just push it in and it will fit.

djchexxx,

hippogriff

Not really a popular opnion but as someone who just sold their GH I can tell you now you're not missing much. After using the GH for one month straight and going to the FW the vape quality felt exactly the same and tasted the same. The only differences is size and user replaceable battery. IMO the GH is not worth the long wait unless you're looking for ultra portability.
I think Firewood beats Hopper in flavor, efficiency, and log-vape signature effects. Grasshopper beats Firewood in ease for newbies, temp-setting preciseness, compactness and quickness. In use, the Firewood 1-button interface is less work, clicking the Hopper gets old (and barely works 1-handed) and the dial is hard to see.

Grasshopper sessions are SHORT, which affects effects, in a nice 1-hitter way; my Hopper sessions are 1-2 minutes, while the same pack will take 5 min w Firewood. But the end results of Firewood sessions are smoother and more powerful. For many months it worked very well to have the Hopper in motion, then switch to Firewood for evening sit down sessions.

Now I've added a Milaana and found my sweet spot. Grasshopper speed and smoother/more powerful effects than Firewood. Been shifting back and forth, Milaana's a less newbie-friendly, less discreet device, and I have gotten close enuf to Milaana effects from my Firewood with bigger draws thru the Crafty Cooling Unit. For my use, after a few weeks improving technique, Milaana is near-instant results with a broad range of manual control.

Anyway, I agree the FW experience beats the Grasshopper (just not on speed). The FW is also a more refined design than the Milaana, with almost as much to offer effects-wise in a more compact but slower package. After the bounty of quick convection the last 6 mos, I'm looking to get back to owning one device, Milaana's my first choice, Firewood strong second, then Hopper. Beloved & pristine walnut FW3 heading to classifieds soon, cosmetically beat-up SS Hopper likely, too, tho I may keep it for newbies.

ArthurJ

@vapen00b cool! Thats what I thought, but I didnt want to mess with anything.
I bought the accessory with the two extra mouthpieces and holder so I've got a few things to play with. I ordered a wood adapter as well.
Basically, I'm just copying your setup.

ArthurJ,
Reactions: vapen00b
Hi guys.
I am a current (happy) e-nano user.
I need a portable vaping solution.
I am looking at the Milaana and Firewood 3.
For those that have used both: which would you recommend?

Thanks!
I own both the enano and fw3...i like the combo alot. The fw3 is a great on the go option to using the nano at home. Ive hit a handful of portable convection vapes. And the fw3 stands up to most of them in all around exp. It has its draw backs(vape temp and draw sense is sketchy @ times) but become less relevant as u learn a technique that works for u. As well as try the stem extentions that have been shared on the thread if the vape gets to hot for your style. All in all... its a great device well worth the 145-65....compared to Crafty and Firefly prices. Cheers

Grizzly_Adams

Torch vapes all the way!
Ok just got my firewood today and havent really done a proper test because im out:bang: all i had was very little bit of crumbs laying on my table so i put what barley covered the screen in it. First time i turned it on i did the hack it did 4 clicks. And put it on 2 and i drew from felt heat hit of it again and felt little heat but thats without the mouthpiece. I turned it off and back on and see what it would do with the mouthpiece i did get a little vapor out of my crumbs lol but i read the best technique is to draw without mouthpiece and wait for glow, didnt work for me tho. Oh yea hitting it i think i drooled a little bit because i heard something wet hitting the heater wondering if thats bad? Been a while since ive had a electric vape been biying butane style but butane isnt ideal for driving or long trips. But to shorten things up im pysched to use this vape i cant wait!

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

Sorry for a another post but this is a very important question will the hack temp stay after you turn it off?.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grizzly_Adams,
Reactions: nosmoking

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Sorry for a another post but this is a very important question will the hack temp stay after you turn it off?.
Yes. To disable it you must do the hack to setting 8 I believe.

A droplet of water should not have an effect. I have used with a leaky bubbler once or twice.

nosmoking,

Sherman71

I have one of Ed's Stems for my Arzier Solo (which just died). Would my stem work on the Firewood? Also how quick does this unit heat up compared to the Solo. I would like something fast enough to quicky go in the bathroom and take a quick few puffs (the one thing I do not lke about the Solo is the time).

I was also considering a Flowermate Mini and was wondering how they compare.

Sherman71,

vapen00b

I have one of Ed's Stems for my Arzier Solo (which just died). Would my stem work on the Firewood? Also how quick does this unit heat up compared to the Solo. I would like something fast enough to quicky go in the bathroom and take a quick few puffs (the one thing I do not lke about the Solo is the time).

I was also considering a Flowermate Mini and was wondering how they compare.

Hey man,

I think there were some ppl using a solo stem and a flat screen just above the heater? Read some pages back and you should find it! :)
About your second question: yep, you can turn it on and sneak a toke and head back. Heater just needs to be primed/triggered by a draw - so it senses and turns it on - and you're pretty much on-demand convection good to go. :tup:
+
@Grizzly_Adams Indeed, one of the strengths of this one. Reminds me I have to have a session with this one again..been a while. But always nice to know again to have it.

Splatterpop Circus

I'm probably gonna order a walnut FW3 soon and was wondering what y'all use to seal the mouthpiece when throwing a loaded FW in a pocket or bag? Or is that not necessary?

Also, how expensive is the repair service once the warranty is up? The short warranty length is the main reason I've been tempted by the Grasshopper.

Splatterpop Circus,

Mr Mellish

I'm probably gonna order a walnut FW3 soon and was wondering what y'all use to seal the mouthpiece when throwing a loaded FW in a pocket or bag? Or is that not necessary?

Also, how expensive is the repair service once the warranty is up? The short warranty length is the main reason I've been tempted by the Grasshopper.

If you're talking about a loaded capsule installed in the FW, there is no need. The material is well protected. If you have extra capsules (wish I had ordered some at that time), I defer to @RUDE BOY

vapen00b

If you're talking about a loaded capsule installed in the FW, there is no need. The material is well protected. If you have extra capsules (wish I had ordered some at that time), I defer to @RUDE BOY
Yeah, I use the Arizer stem caps also. But this works only for the mouthpiece end - as when in the unit or in their holder (extra accessory, formerly for free when having ordered two mouthpieces/capsules). Otherwise you would only have covered the mouthpiece end but not the capsule end... I do have the holder too, so I can't help, if that's a scenario you thought of..

Peace

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@vapen00b pretty well covered everything I could say, I do as they do.

I use the caps to cover the mouthpiece ends and the capsule ends of two ready and loaded MPs are inside the wooden holder and one is in the Firewood, the caps keep things pretty much odor free this way.

Top Bottom