Firewood Vaporizer

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Yeah i really need to try the cooling unit as my biggist issue with FW is apperently i have a low tolerance to hot vapor. I pretty much have to use it through glass.
I dont have a mighty or crafty, so is the connection the same on both? Is the cooling unit the same?

They aren't exactly the same but same principle and how it's connected (through the area where screen is) is identical.

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: vapen00b

powderfinger76

One way hitter!
I have tried it a couple of times now and I gotta say that I love the capsule system..I thought that it was smaller but I think it's perfect!
The only problem is the screens,
Has anyone tried to cut them so they more or less rest on the inner edge
Of the capsule?

powderfinger76,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
The only problem is the screens,
Has anyone tried to cut them so they more or less rest on the inner edge
Of the capsule?
I'm not sure what you're talking about or how they came for you. I suggested they should be basket screens and whenever he can to use bigger screens so the baskets aren't as flimsy. It you cut down the edges of the basket screen you'll notice the screen tilt and not stay in place very well. It can still happen but nearly every time I blew out the load the smaller screens would follow.

Last edited:

Splatterpop Circus

Hey folks, I'm trying to figure whether I want to grab this vape or the FF2 and was hoping y'all could help me out with a few questions:

1. How long a draw works best for you? My throat's a mess so I prefer short puffs to long pulls.
  2. For those who've used the Nano, how does the FW compare in terms of heat/harshness?
  3. With drip tips, do you need an additional silicon piece to get those to stay in place or will they fit on their own?
Might have more questions later 'cause my brain don't work for shit. Thanks.

Splatterpop Circus,

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
Hey folks, I'm trying to figure whether I want to grab this vape or the FF2 and was hoping y'all could help me out with a few questions:

1. How long a draw works best for you? My throat's a mess so I prefer short puffs to long pulls.
  2. For those who've used the Nano, how does the FW compare in terms of heat/harshness?
  3. With drip tips, do you need an additional silicon piece to get those to stay in place or will they fit on their own?
Might have more questions later 'cause my brain don't work for shit. Thanks.
1. Well, in my case it depends how early in the day it is, if I've been physically active, how hot the temp is set, material, etc. I'd say just stop as soon as you notice the first signs of it getting harsh.
2. I think Nano is smoother. But there is no portable nano.
3. No additional parts needed. I like my silicone drip tip for walking around because I won't accidentally hit my teeth with something hard. Delrin/Steel/Glass w/e should all work without modification.

powderfinger76

One way hitter!
I've used the FW for a couple of days now and I got to say wooow!:tup:
I brought it to work on Saturday and took three tokes in the lunch room and a guy came in but didn't notice anything!
And yesterday an old friend dropped by and we shared ONE bowl for about 15 m straight:sherlock: on temp two and the clouds didn't want to end!with a nice golden brown to a bit darker avb as a result!
This vape is crazy and I love it!!

Splatterpop Circus

1. Well, in my case it depends how early in the day it is, if I've been physically active, how hot the temp is set, material, etc. I'd say just stop as soon as you notice the first signs of it getting harsh.
2. I think Nano is smoother. But there is no portable nano.
3. No additional parts needed. I like my silicone drip tip for walking around because I won't accidentally hit my teeth with something hard. Delrin/Steel/Glass w/e should all work without modification.
Thanks for the response, sounds pretty good, though I'm a bit concerned about the heat messing my throat up. Guess I have to decide if an FF2 is worth twice the price for the cooler vapor.

Splatterpop Circus,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Thanks for the response, sounds pretty good, though I'm a bit concerned about the heat messing my throat up. Guess I have to decide if an FF2 is worth twice the price for the cooler vapor.

Try to get a crafty CU and you're good to go with the FW. Since using it, my sensitive throat is all good. Only use stock temps 2 and 3.
If you're interested, just go one page back. Posted a pic.
At this price point go for the FW for sure. No shitty Bluetooth what ever to set and change temps. That's why I'm out for that one.
If you're patient, you might like the new indica o2.. It's based on the ESV that had the smoothest and coolest hits I ever experienced - without water. Just my 2c

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I brought it to work on Saturday and took three tokes in the lunch room and a guy came in but didn't notice anything!
I think of it as more didn't say anything. I smell weed at random times at work but am not going to start questioning if other people smell it, in a lot of scenarios it could be on someones coat or clothes. I know someone who works at a daycare and I guess one day a co-worker finally mentioned to her that her coat reeked of weed and made the entire coat room smell. I am sure she went a good few months before someone decided to tell her.

@Sand MistVape is the portable E-Nano. It's not in the most attractive stage but I'm sure just like the Firewood it will evolve in a beaut.

Splatterpop Circus

Try to get a crafty CU and you're good to go with the FW. Since using it, my sensitive throat is all good. Only use stock temps 2 and 3.
If you're interested, just go one page back. Posted a pic.
At this price point go for the FW for sure. No shitty Bluetooth what ever to set and change temps. That's why I'm out for that one.
If you're patient, you might like the new indica o2.. It's based on the ESV that had the smoothest and coolest hits I ever experienced - without water. Just my 2c
My issue with the Crafty CU is that it's just so, so ugly. I do value style and that thing on the Firewood looks like a tumor of bad industrial design. The new Firefly ain't as pretty as the old one but it's still one of the nicest looking vapes out there, and if I need to make the FW ugly to compete with it that's annoying. Still, the FW + CU is a lot cheaper than the FF2 so I'll definitely be considering that.

The Indica O2 seems like it could be good, but I'm not sure I wanna wait for them to finally release info on what it's like. If it had a release date that might be different but right now it just feels like a vague teaser more than an actual device, and if there's one thing I've learned from lurking here it's that shit takes forever to go from "teaser" to "thing you can actually use".

powderfinger76

One way hitter!
I think of it as more didn't say anything. I smell weed at random times at work but am not going to start questioning if other people smell it, in a lot of scenarios it could be on someones coat or clothes. I know someone who works at a daycare and I guess one day a co-worker finally mentioned to her that her coat reeked of weed and made the entire coat room smell. I am sure she went a good few months before someone decided to tell her.

I hear you but here in Sweden the level of tolerance isn't as high.
I know people getting fired for getting caught.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
  2. For those who've used the Nano, how does the FW compare in terms of heat/harshness
When I first got my Firewood I thought it might be too hot for me, but it didn't take long to work out an effective draw technique, stacking short puffs with (optional) longer pulls and some fresh air from the sides.
I also had an angled glass mouthpiece made (see post #1957) which can help.

FW has actually never really burned my throat, unlike the Nano. That one gave me a sore throat lasting for days before...

sesh732

Imaginable

I use mostly short puffs with mouth suction only, like puffing a cigar not like hitting a joint. When I ramp up the heater using a strong 1-2 second draw on temp level 2 or 3, then switch to the short puffs, I can combust if I'm not careful. I consider this a good thing because it indicates plenty of power in the unit.

vapen00b

My issue with the Crafty CU is that it's just so, so ugly. I do value style and that thing on the Firewood looks like a tumor of bad industrial design. The new Firefly ain't as pretty as the old one but it's still one of the nicest looking vapes out there, and if I need to make the FW ugly to compete with it that's annoying. Still, the FW + CU is a lot cheaper than the FF2 so I'll definitely be considering that.

The Indica O2 seems like it could be good, but I'm not sure I wanna wait for them to finally release info on what it's like. If it had a release date that might be different but right now it just feels like a vague teaser more than an actual device, and if there's one thing I've learned from lurking here it's that shit takes forever to go from "teaser" to "thing you can actually use".

Yah, I get your point. It's not that nice looking, totally agree.
You could also think about getting one of @Ed's TnT nano stems. They fit very well.
Got a wonderful walnut one and a walnut 14mm adapter. They both look beautiful and do the job too. :)

Only got a pic with the adapter, which is way shorter than the stem
NbA7IYA.jpg

After this nice setup, I decided to give the ugly a shot and bought the CU.;)

Peace:peace:

powderfinger76

One way hitter!
Yah, I get your point. It's not that nice looking, totally agree.
You could also think about getting one of @Ed's TnT nano stems. They fit very well.
Got a wonderful walnut one and a walnut 14mm adapter. They both look beautiful and do the job too. :)

Only got a pic with the adapter, which is way shorter than the stem
NbA7IYA.jpg

After this nice setup, I decided to give the ugly a shot and bought the CU.;)

Peace:peace:
Does it get smoother with the adapter only?

powderfinger76,

vapen00b

Does it get smoother with the adapter only?
To be honest, I never tried that one dry. From what I can tell, the wood itself feels a bit warm on the outside after a session - due to the stainless steel piece it's attached to being in the heating chamber. So there's definitely some heat / still some heat transfer so it's not cooled down like the CU does. It's likely to be less harsh but maybe still a little warm - if that helps?

Generally the longer (and wider) air path, the better..

vapen00b

And the nano stems fits directly in the mp of the FW?
If so I think I'm gonna invest in one cause they look great!

Yeah, they do. Please read below:

it fit, bu t you need put a screen in the botton of the FW to use it . like the @paytonpenn mod work great btw to cool down the vapor

No, you don't need to put in a screen. It's totally optional. You just need to remove the upper glass tube from the regular mouthpiece-capsule-combo and put the stainless steel part of the nano stem in there.

Gobrian

Hi guys.
I am a current (happy) e-nano user.
I need a portable vaping solution.
I am looking at the Milaana and Firewood 3.
For those that have used both: which would you recommend?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom