Firewood Vaporizer

Tickdickler

I finished a bowl an hour ago, all I have to say is bye bye to my Pax. I'm still getting down the technique but I didn't have trouble getting vapor, the vapor tasted great by the way. The glass mouth piece can get hot but it wasn't too bad for my liking. The glass capsule is awesome, I figured if its still hot and I need to load another bowl, tweezers would do the trick so I don't burn my self. I can't wait to get another capsule or 2 so maybe I can carry them preloaded for on the go.

Well, I'm going out soon, so I will see how the new Firewood does in a small group setting.

jayson

Hello all...
Just got the Firewood V 2.0 and I've been an owner of the original for several months now.

2.0 Pros
  • Much more even heating/temp. Hard to burn herb. Took me about 9 hits to get a popcorn taste, and herb was still considerably brown/green with very little black/ash.
  • Vapor quality was on par with original and got about 4-5 real nice clouds with a few lighter hits in the begging and end.
  • Glass cylinder seems really cool, not only for packing the herb, but will make for easy cleaning down the line. The unit itself doesn't have to get resin in it.
  • The top mouth piece seals really tight. Not only is the magnet much stronger, but the rubber seal ring snaps in with a bit of force and locks it down.
  • No glass windows that break. Which I did on my original :)
2.0 Cons if any

• Draw on mine is more constricted than original, which allows for more even temp and Vaping process I imagine. Yet, using through my water tool I had to noticeably draw harder, maybe just takes getting used to, but it's a little more effort of breath than I'm used to. Wonder if there's a personal modification where people could adjust the air flow to their liking?
  • If you like those higher temp smokey/vape hits, it seems much harder, if not impossible to burn the herb with this unit.

Question to Marc if he reads this: I see that the little pin hole in the side of the unit allows for air. Is there a way we can increase the airflow just a touch without compromising the unit? I have drillbits that size and up, just wanted to know if it's even an option, or we have to custom order them that way. Thanks!

Last edited:

female_titan

Sweet! I got home today and the Firewood v2 was on my doorstep. Charging now (I'm way too impatient for this, thankfully I picked up the new Zelda game to tide me over).

Looks very impressive. Very well put together, sanded nicely. I got the finished maple, so it's got a bit o' shine to it. I wasn't sure how the capsule worked, but I see it's just a tube with a rounded, open bottom and the screen. A nicely thought-out design.

Come on charger, turn green already. :p

Edit:

Wow. God damn. This thing is amazing. Great job, Marc. This is everything I could have asked for in a vaporizer. I used the same amount as I do in my Solo and this beautiful piece of equipment has gotten me way past where that ever could. And the herb was only half cached (since it's not above a constant heat source, I guess?).

I really can't type many more words at this moment: :smug:

:zzz:

Last edited:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
How long do you guys/gals hold the button down before you draw? I feel that I might be too impatient. Does it usually take a minute of the button being held to start producing vapor? Also, how full do you fill the capsule? Thanks for your time! :wave:

Madcap79,

Tickdickler

S
How long do you guys/gals hold the button down before you draw? I feel that I might be too impatient. Does it usually take a minute of the button being held to start producing vapor? Also, how full do you fill the capsule? Thanks for your time! :wave:

I start off by holding down the trigger with no drawing for 30 seconds. Then I let go and hold for 15 and draw a little to see if I start getting vapor. When the unit is more warm i hold for 10-15 seconds and draw for 10-15. It takes like 3-4 sets of 20-30 seconds with the trigger down before the bigger clouds come. As the device gets hotter I may hold the trigger down before drawing for a shorter time like 5-10 seconds.

I fill the capsule halfway.

Tickdickler,
Reactions: Madcap79

jayson

I own both models, and it seems model 2.0 takes much longer to heat up and create thicker clouds.

I'm holding down my trigger the whole time and it takes about 1:30 and several draws to get thicker clouds. I was kinda let down, because with the original model I can get thick clouds in under 45 seconds.

It may be that the new model is true convection heating, where as in the original I was getting clouds faster, but in turn burning the herb a little in process? Not sure yet, still up for debate.

jayson,

Trever

Got my new 2.0 today really like the design! @firewood if im looking at the unit with the switch towards me the right side of my unit where the seem is is loose i can press it in and make a gap? Is that something to be worried about? The previous 2 units i purchased of v1 did not do this.

Trever,

marduk

daydreamer
I own both models, and it seems model 2.0 takes much longer to heat up and create thicker clouds.

I'm holding down my trigger the whole time and it takes about 1:30 and several draws to get thicker clouds. I was kinda let down, because with the original model I can get thick clouds in under 45 seconds.

It may be that the new model is true convection heating, where as in the original I was getting clouds faster, but in turn burning the herb a little in process? Not sure yet, still up for debate.

The new model has a 10-watt heater vs a 14-watt heater in the original. I'm sure that has some effect.

Madcap79

Got my new 2.0 today really like the design! @firewood if im looking at the unit with the switch towards me the right side of my unit where the seem is is loose i can press it in and make a gap? Is that something to be worried about? The previous 2 units i purchased of v1 did not do this.
I noticed this too. Also, I have to hold down the button at least 1:30 before things get going. Kinda bummed but I need to give it some time.

Madcap79,
Reactions: Trever

Trever

=
I noticed this too. Also, I have to hold down the button at least 1:30 before things get going. Kinda bummed but I need to give it some time.

Not bummed yet taste was wonderfull i kept to my old heat up times on v1 and still got vapor just not lots. Next load will be without the pinnacle tube and going directly by instructions. I did notice the unit does get hotter mostly by the switch instead of up by the tube which is a consern being thats where all the electronics are.

Trever,

Madcap79

=

Not bummed yet taste was wonderfull i kept to my old heat up times on v1 and still got vapor just not lots. Next load will be without the pinnacle tube and going directly by instructions. I did notice the unit does get hotter mostly by the switch instead of up by the tube which is a consern being thats where all the electronics are.
I didn't get instructions?:hmm:

Madcap79,

Trever

Definetly cannot get the clouds as you can with v1. But damn does it taste good and actually gets me more medicated on less than the v1 does. So i guess yah loose some but also gain some. More tinkering to be involved in the next week is a definate :science:

Trever

I have also noticed that with the v2 it is hard to get the abv dark for me as of right now when vapor stops and the unit is pretty darn hot the abv is maybe a dark yellow hope its just a learning curve but this new version is most definetly harder to use than the last.

Trever,

wisherly

I guess I just missed the sale on this one for FC members, huh? If so, I'm back to decision making on a good portable.

wisherly,

firewood

Manufacturer
Hello all...
Just got the Firewood V 2.0 and I've been an owner of the original for several months now.

2.0 Pros
  • Much more even heating/temp. Hard to burn herb. Took me about 9 hits to get a popcorn taste, and herb was still considerably brown/green with very little black/ash.
  • Vapor quality was on par with original and got about 4-5 real nice clouds with a few lighter hits in the begging and end.
  • Glass cylinder seems really cool, not only for packing the herb, but will make for easy cleaning down the line. The unit itself doesn't have to get resin in it.
  • The top mouth piece seals really tight. Not only is the magnet much stronger, but the rubber seal ring snaps in with a bit of force and locks it down.
  • No glass windows that break. Which I did on my original :)
2.0 Cons if any

• Draw on mine is more constricted than original, which allows for more even temp and Vaping process I imagine. Yet, using through my water tool I had to noticeably draw harder, maybe just takes getting used to, but it's a little more effort of breath than I'm used to. Wonder if there's a personal modification where people could adjust the air flow to their liking?
  • If you like those higher temp smokey/vape hits, it seems much harder, if not impossible to burn the herb with this unit.
Question to Marc if he reads this: I see that the little pin hole in the side of the unit allows for air. Is there a way we can increase the airflow just a touch without compromising the unit? I have drillbits that size and up, just wanted to know if it's even an option, or we have to custom order them that way. Thanks!
The hole can be increased, but you need to be really careful and i really don't think it is necessary. Try this as a test - draw a full lung of air with the unit empty. You should find that you can fill your lungs pretty quickly, much quicker than you'd ever take a hit. So clearly the hole isn't causing too much restriction. The cause of the restriction is the herbs get heated up and the resins start to flow and make the herbs gummier and then the herbs bunch up around the mouthpiece causing restriction. The best way to deal with this is to draw extremely slowly and don't fight the resistance. Those liquidy resins that cause the restriction are hot and ready to vaporize so when you get to that restricted stage just keep sipping and you'll get the biggest clouds. Also, i think drawing slowly from the start seems to cause less restriction because it doesn't bunch the herbs up as much. If it gets really restricted, things to try are use less herbs per load, adjust the mouthpiece tube so there is more space in the capsule between the herbs and mouthpiece (so they aren't packed tight) or open the mouthpice and jiggle the capsule when it gets restrictive then try again. If you still have to make the hole bigger, then you will want to be very careful drilling it because there is glass right below there that you don't want to break. You'd almost be best off using a drill by hand or pliers to slowly make the hole bigger.
S

I start off by holding down the trigger with no drawing for 30 seconds. Then I let go and hold for 15 and draw a little to see if I start getting vapor. When the unit is more warm i hold for 10-15 seconds and draw for 10-15. It takes like 3-4 sets of 20-30 seconds with the trigger down before the bigger clouds come. As the device gets hotter I may hold the trigger down before drawing for a shorter time like 5-10 seconds.

I fill the capsule halfway.
I concur, that is pretty much my exact technique.
Not sure exactly what you are describing but it might be normal. The piece of wood that covers the switches and leds is only glued at the very top and near the switches, so there is a section in the middle that is not glued. Is this what you are talking about?

Tickdickler

I emailed service@firewoodvapes.com about this hairline crack that formed the first day I got the Firewood. I didn't get a response back yet. Now honestly, I didn't notice the crack until the end of the day so I don't know if it came out of the box cracked or heat caused it. The crack is right around where the firewood gets really hot.

6NMFMvZ.jpg

EDIT: The device is still fully functional, forgot to mention.

Last edited:
Tickdickler,

firewood

Manufacturer
I emailed service@firewoodvapes.com about this hairline crack that formed the first day I got the Firewood. I didn't get a response back yet. Now honestly, I didn't notice the crack until the end of the day so I don't know if it came out of the box cracked or heat caused it.
Sorry for the delay, I guess I don't check that email account often enough, most people email questions@firewoodvapes.com. I'll reply to that email with more info on repair...

Trever

The hole can be increased, but you need to be really careful and i really don't think it is necessary. Try this as a test - draw a full lung of air with the unit empty. You should find that you can fill your lungs pretty quickly, much quicker than you'd ever take a hit. So clearly the hole isn't causing too much restriction. The cause of the restriction is the herbs get heated up and the resins start to flow and make the herbs gummier and then the herbs bunch up around the mouthpiece causing restriction. The best way to deal with this is to draw extremely slowly and don't fight the resistance. Those liquidy resins that cause the restriction are hot and ready to vaporize so when you get to that restricted stage just keep sipping and you'll get the biggest clouds. Also, i think drawing slowly from the start seems to cause less restriction because it doesn't bunch the herbs up as much. If it gets really restricted, things to try are use less herbs per load, adjust the mouthpiece tube so there is more space in the capsule between the herbs and mouthpiece (so they aren't packed tight) or open the mouthpice and jiggle the capsule when it gets restrictive then try again. If you still have to make the hole bigger, then you will want to be very careful drilling it because there is glass right below there that you don't want to break. You'd almost be best off using a drill by hand or pliers to slowly make the hole bigger.

I concur, that is pretty much my exact technique.

Not sure exactly what you are describing but it might be normal. The piece of wood that covers the switches and leds is only glued at the very top and near the switches, so there is a section in the middle that is not glued. Is this what you are talking about?

Its basicly right where tickdicklers crack is where the wood can be pressed in. Thank you for the msg marc! Im in love with the flavor if i can get this thing to get a good extraction like the v1 ill be a happy lil boy ;)!

Trever,

firewood

Manufacturer
about this hairline crack that formed the first day I got the Firewood
So we had a few units in the first batch that got some cracks due to how we were routing the heat chamber. We made a change to the process which prevents the cracks going forward, but it looks like we missed one or two units slipping by QC. We are working with dickler to resolve the issue.

if im looking at the unit with the switch towards me the right side of my unit where the seem is is loose i can press it in and make a gap? Is that something to be worried about?
Its basicly right where tickdicklers crack is where the wood can be pressed in.
yep, it's normal to be able to press it in a little bit there.

wisherly

I just ordered one of these. Marc was very very nice and gave me the discount even though I had missed it by a couple of days.

I'm a little worried by reports that some of you can't get it very hot, but at the same time it's exciting to be testing out a new product. This will be my third new vaporizer in only a couple months. Apparently that's what this website does to you. :ko: Those of you who have the new version, have you been able to get any results yet with roasting the herbs a little darker and or heating up to temperature quicker with practice? I like having the ability to do so even if I don't want to use that ability all of the time.

Madcap79

I just ordered one of these. Marc was very very nice and gave me the discount even though I had missed it by a couple of days.

I'm a little worried by reports that some of you can't get it very hot, but at the same time it's exciting to be testing out a new product. This will be my third new vaporizer in only a couple months. Apparently that's what this website does to you. :ko: Those of you who have the new version, have you been able to get any results yet with roasting the herbs a little darker and or heating up to temperature quicker with practice? I like having the ability to do so even if I don't want to use that ability all of the time.
It seems this unit doesn't get as hot but medicates pretty well. It has a little bit of a learning curve but the most time will be spent perfecting technique I believe. Enjoy!

Top Bottom