• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Have you tried a different batch of material? I imagine the short vapor path would have something to do with it. We all tolerate vapor temperatures differently... Maybe a bit of silicone tubing to some glass? If you do, get some videos? :)

Quetzalcoatl,

wisherly

For some reason its really harsh for me, is this an issue for anyone else?
Do you mean the hot air is harsh on the back of your throat? I've noticed that. Maybe try a little less heat, or more of a break between inhales? I'm still getting the technique down myself. Sometimes I get a good satisfying session, others not. Hopefully I can get more consistency as I practice. I'd be interested in hearing how it compares to your MFLB.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Videos are definitely coming tomorrow, I haven't had much time to use this so hoping I can master it quickly, I never really had an opportunity to get to know the original FW but I always enjoyed it when it came around.

Silicone came with the V2, I have recently just put a screen in the chamber and flipped the domed screen in the capsule, got rid of the spring and saw such an increase on ease of usage, but maybe this was because it was already pretty heated when I started fiddling with it. Tomorrow will tell.

EDIT:
Unfortunately, I don't have appealing glass for those type of videos.
But for some, that may not be a bad thing ;)

Last edited:
paytonpenn,
Reactions: wisherly

Tickdickler

The mass drop has reached 32 buyers already. If you want one, now would probably be a good time to act.

Tickdickler,
Reactions: Trever

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I have finished the video, and have done even more testing.
My Hammer lock-on stems fit well in the chamber. They also do work, very well. Same for underdog simple glass stems, the thicker silicone is too thick.

Above I mentioned an increase of ease of usage, I find it easy to use vapes if I don't have to worry about particulates find their way onto my tongue. That was my main dislike of the FW along with the loading and entire mouthpiece area. The chamber is very handy, I can already see many ways to improve this device for new users to vaporization.

@firewood Please consider putting a screen over the metal wire or whatever is heating in there. Then add a bigger glass mouthpiece that can house the domed screen (if possible), and you could remove the chamber entirely. I could understand not being able to create a glass stem similar to a mini beer bottle where the bottom is removed and the rubber gasket should still be usable. Just an idea though.

This one definitely seems harder to combust, for the video I preheated it for times sake, I feel as if I can just hold and hold and it won't catch a flame. It really is mostly convection, the video will definitely prove that. It was my first bowl this morning and my first time using it with those instruments and it went smoothly. Sorry the abv looks WAY darker than it is, I swear it's actually light brown with yellows. I grinded it further to show consistency but it made it appear even darker. I really wouldn't mind getting myself one of these now that I've gotten a chance to really see its performance.

jDe9mlj.jpg

IPAA2fC.jpg

m4Nrum5h.jpg

bigwheels

bout to jump in on the drop for my sister. How's the smell compared to say an mflb? She's in her first year of college so she's in a dorm room at a catholic school of all places so she needs to be really careful about the smell. I got away with rippin blunts all day in my dorm freshman yr........gotta love state schools :spliff:

got her an original vapor blunt for 50 bucks, and while it works, its just too smelly for her room. Such a noticeable smell at a catholic school haha.

bigwheels,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
bout to jump in on the drop for my sister. How's the smell compared to say an mflb? She's in her first year of college so she's in a dorm room at a catholic school of all places so she needs to be really careful about the smell. I got away with rippin blunts all day in my dorm freshman yr........gotta love state schools :spliff:

got her an original vapor blunt for 50 bucks, and while it works, its just too smelly for her room. Such a noticeable smell at a catholic school haha.
Smell more or less comes down to how much exhaled vapor there is. They make stuff like te Smoke Buddy for it, should work better with vapor than smoke.

@paytonpenn thanks so much for the video!! That was perfect! :D

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: paytonpenn

Korben

Thrilled
Just committed to the Drop... Mass drop is really making it easy to collect portable vapes. Is buying to many vapes a sign of bigger problem. I'm gonna call this a Christmas Present to myself. :rockon:

itsiliii

dang, i really wanted to get one from the mass drop, but i didnt know too much about it to really make the commitment :/

itsiliii,

firewoodbuyer

Hi I just recently bought the firewood 2.0 and have some concerns. First off just from that video I see posted how do you get your mouthpiece to lay flat when in use? With the air tight seals my top always sticks up at an angle and when I forced it in to be flat it created a seal with the inner glass and felt like I was breaking it while trying to get it out. And also how do you stop materials from getting in your mouth? I guess I will just try to put a screen on the bottom of the mouth piece but even sucking insanely slow I still feel weed on my tongue :/. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong with either of these things wpthanks in advance.

firewoodbuyer,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
During the video I had the screen domed slightly so it would go in, a new screen that is already domed like the one in the capsule would be perfect for the chamber (Marc), allowing users to also adjust height from the heater.

I flipped the screen in the capsule around and placed it halfway in, flipping it prevents herb from finding its way in your mouth. But may not be worth it if you can't put a screen in the chamber.

paytonpenn,

firewoodbuyer

Darn time..
Log like stem
First off, the tubing I used is from the MFLB whip, you want to first slide on the O-ring then the tubing, followed by the wood slab and capsule (wiggling may be required to force it in).

fUn4Y5d.jpg
DwkO4h1.jpg

4xnFgAM.jpg

@firewood This is what I would like to see but without having to use tubing.
Where do you put the herb with the screen there?

firewoodbuyer,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Where do you put the herb with the screen there?
I suck it up, herb comes in from the bottom, if you don't have a screen in your FW then you should not do the mod.

@llamaman001 the FW2.0, and its pretty nice, with the original I had to make sure it wasn't getting too hot, but this one I haven't had the concern. Battery life is still amazing. Imagine that video if I loaded more than I normally would :brow: I actually had the screen halfway in, and only filled about a quarter full. Towards the end you can see the abv barely makes it past the screen.

paytonpenn,

wisherly

I cut up one of my ELB bowls from the VXC but it didn't work out all that well. The ELB is just a little too narrow so air comes in around the sides.

I'm using a rubber band around the trigger now, making it easier to pull the trigger. I can also tighten the rubber band to just leave the trigger on constantly without holding it down. I was getting tired of holding that button down constantly for several minutes.

wisherly,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
... I was getting tired of holding that button down constantly for several minutes.

It seems to me that your unit is faulty, with mine (V1) I combust if I keep the trigger on more than 1mn....

Last edited by a moderator:
PPN,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Its not faulty, I can hold the button down for the entire session and it wont combust, that is what I meant when I mentioned I had to make sure the original wasn't getting too hot in my previous post. Also why I preheated before doing the video. I say hold it for 50 seconds before inhaling. I feel for the video I held it at least for a minute, but I do know you should be able to vape abv once its held for a minute.

EDIT:
Was actually using the FW while I wrote that and further testing, I can confirm it really loses its temperature when you inhale and let go of the button, I can get an extra hit or two if I let go while inhaling and don't press again. The upgraded version is far more convection than conduction and the way I use it I doubt there is much conduction at all.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,
Reactions: wisherly

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Ok, I understand this is the difference between v1 and v2, but, after done a session with my FW, I realized that I wrote a mistake just before, I can't combust in 1mn, perhaps 2 but I don't want to check it!

PPN,

stuartambient

Does the trigger light not come on till unit is charged? I have it charging first time for about 2 1/2 hours. Just wondering since the green light comes on (to test) if the trigger should as well.

Edit: Ran out, came back, unit charge, trigger light comes on. It might have come on earlier but i wasn't pressing in the right place.
Now it's time to load it ...............:clap:

Post Edit Edit: Gentlest of inhalations and following the instructions it works great for me.

Last edited:

firewood

Manufacturer
@firewood Please consider putting a screen over the metal wire or whatever is heating in there. Then add a bigger glass mouthpiece that can house the domed screen (if possible), and you could remove the chamber entirely. I could understand not being able to create a glass stem similar to a mini beer bottle where the bottom is removed and the rubber gasket should still be usable. Just an idea though.

jDe9mlj.jpg

IPAA2fC.jpg

m4Nrum5h.jpg
Thanks so much for the awesome video and sorry for the delayed response.

Nice idea on the capsule/mouthpiece configuration. I knew it was just a matter of time before people started to experiment with that. There are definitely a few possible configurations that one can make. The good news is that a change like yours can be made without changing the main unit. I'll have to try this when I can find some time.

Top Bottom