Firewood Vaporizer

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I think its about 4 to 5 hits bowls before I noticed battery drop to 4. On the site I was ordering from it claimed 15A-30A in specs so I assumed it to be acceptable. I've used my LG HE2s and just random batteries like the FlashVape Stage 2 18650s. I haven't had battery issues.

Brewervapesalot

I think its about 4 to 5 hits bowls before I noticed battery drop to 4. On the site I was ordering from it claimed 15A-30A in specs so I assumed it to be acceptable. I've used my LG HE2s and just random batteries like the FlashVape Stage 2 18650s. I haven't had battery issues.

I think 15-30 means 15 continuous and 30 max surge. So maybe look for 20-30...?

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: Zow237

Mr. White

Be good or be good at it.
The LG HG2 is a 20amp battery at 25°c so is considered a 20 amp battery and the 30q is 15 amp you should check out "battery moouch" if you really want to learn a lot about 18650/20700/21700/26650 batteries. The pulse rating on a 30 Q is 30 amps .according to all the info I can find a pulse is considered to less than 30 seconds so unless you're taking really long draws you should be fine with a 30q

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Well thanks @Mr. White but that precisely mooch's tests I'm referring to. He just re-tested a recent batch of HG2 and re-rated them 20A where his previous tests gave a rating of 18A only, but I don't agree with his new rating.

The HG2 has a higher internal resistance than the HE2/HE4, hence it can't have the same CDR. There's no such thing as free food when it comes to Li-Ion. The same way you can't have both a high capacity and a high discharge rate.

On the other hand Samsung tends to under-rate their cells (quite the contrary to Sony which have outrageous over-ratings) and the 30Q is a real 18A CDR cell, running even cooler than the HG2, yet with perhaps a tad more sag under load, but nothing really distinguishable in our applications. It just shows on graphs.

I recently received a VTC6 to test what the hype is about, and I can't justify the higher price. There's no practical benefit compared to a 30Q or HG2.

Mr. White

Gotcha and I agree I wish I knew what the resistance of the coil was that's in the fw5 does anyone know? I wish he would go with a 20700 or 21700 on the fw6 much better battery life and batteries for that matter better as far as what were using them for and only a few millimeters larger around

Last edited:
Mr. White,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
It depends on how much safety margin Marc put in his 20A requirement. If the vape is only drawing 15A or less then 18A cells will give you perhaps marginally more run time than real 20A cells. But honestly there shouldn't be much difference in practice anyway between 3000mAh and 2500mAh, especially when you consider that the capacity is a function of the load and how close said load is to the CDR rating.

Mr. White

Personally I wouldn't buy those batteries some people like them I've had nothing but issues with them in the past imo the 2 I told you about will be the best for this vape or if you don't mind lower mAh go with a Samsung 25r

Zow237

I don't quite understand the temps for each level. So if I do 8 clicks then do the 7 that's the lowest setting in that level and when I do 4 clicks after 8 that's the highest setting? Thanks

Zow237,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
I don't quite understand the temps for each level. So if I do 8 clicks then do the 7 that's the lowest setting in that level and when I do 4 clicks after 8 that's the highest setting? Thanks

From what I am reading on the FW FAQ....
the 8 + 1 click would be lowest and 8+ 8 clicks the highest....
and you would not need to set it once unless you want to change temp. (It does not describe how to re-set the vape to a new temp. I will need to contact Marc about that closer to my time of purchase.)

https://firewoodvapes.com/pages/faq

Vapeur Rogue,

Zow237

From what I am reading on the FW FAQ....
the 8 + 1 click would be lowest and 8+ 8 clicks the highest....
and you would not need to set it once unless you want to change temp. (It does not describe how to re-set the vape to a new temp. I will need to contact Marc about that closer to my time of purchase.)

https://firewoodvapes.com/pages/faq

Sweet thanks! ,clears that up. Now I can gauge my temps properly now. When you click 8 times and then don't click anything it sets the level back to the standard preset temp.

CalyxSmokr

This fw5 is looking inviting. I apologize if these questions have been asked answered already.
I am looking for a portable as close to pure convection and wondered how well the fw5 fits the bill. I am looking for extreme stealth but I think this could be workable if I can throw it in a sealed, locking tupperware when done.
How well do the capsules do with only vaping a half load? I am looking to do about 0.05g at a time. Does it work well with a pack that size or well by doing a half-load? I like my Arizer Air but even with a domed screen the load size is a little big and the back end tastes rotten if you do a half-load.
Would the fw5 give me these quick hit it and quit it? I assume the fw4 won't do this?
And how much odor with the thing all loaded? I would maybe just fill one at times I need super stealth - but it looks like the multiple loads will be nice a lot of the time too.
How well does it function with wax on hemp fiber? I am picturing it like my air which does very poorly with cotton/fiber. The Air works pretty well with wax in ground flower
tia
Thanks so much for all the helpful feedback. I am continually surprised what a great resource this is and how FCers go above and beyond to be helpful. Be proud.

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. White

My FW5 came today and so far I'm not to sure with it. the first chamber I packed combusted on low heat setting (maybe I was drawing to slow) but then I noticed the button gets stuck almost every time it's pressed so I can hardly change the settings. I'm gonna keep using it for a few days before I pass judgement on it but so far it's not looking good to me. I hope to be wrong tho I will say this the second chamber didn't combust and was very smooth I didn't realize I was getting vapor. And this thing is tiny it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be Peytonpenn must have some small hands lol

Last edited:
Mr. White,

Zow237

My FW5 came today and so far I'm not to happy with it. the first chamber I packed combusted on low heat setting (maybe I was drawing to slow) but then I noticed the button gets stuck almost every time it's pressed so I can hardly change the settings. I'm gonna keep using it for a few days before I pass judgement on it but so far it's not looking good to me. I hope to be wrong tho I will say this the second chamber didn't combust and was very smooth I didn't realize I was getting vapor. And this thing is tiny it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be Peytonpenn must have some small hands lol

The good thing is you can manually tune it. I have small hands. Love how small it is haha. Light pack and less is more from what I've noticed. Long steady pull and boom. Contact Marc about the button.

Mr. White

The good thing is you can manually tune it. I have small hands. Love how small it is haha. Light pack and less is more from what I've noticed. Long steady pull and boom. Contact Marc about the button.
Thanks for the info the second Bowl was great now I need to find a way to use it thur water any ideas I saw Peytonpenn using something any idea what it was and where to get one

Top Bottom