Firewood Vaporizer

ZC

I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but oh man I can't put this vape down. Feels great in the hand.

Easy load, even load for multiple days at the same time, easy clean, easy to use, great vapor. Comfortable in the hand, easy on the lungs.

I only have one minor concern which is the screens in the clip lasting a long time since it looks like they're just friction fit in there and I'm putting pressure from the other side when I clean the bowl out with a pick tool.

And then I'm still going to keep echoing that I'd love to see a 14mm WPA at some point. The FW4 pairs so effortlessly with water and it's a shame the FW5 doesn't.

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
Got my unfinished fw5 today. Wow. I'm still getting to know it, just wanted to drop a quick question..I know tung oil is used on the finished versions. I have some high grit sandpaper. I'm wondering if carnuba wax would work as a suitable finish? Or a beeswax and coconut mix?

I am very happy so far. And I like the one on the left better, the original design.
Thanks!

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
I can't seem to edit my last post, so I will make a new one.

This vaporizer is absolutely amazing. 5 green hits per load. 5 bowls. I have finally found a vaporizer that can keep up with my usage. And discreet enough to be able to take anywhere, and sneak a rip. Fully loaded don't even need to carry extra herb on short outings. Holy smokes...not even 24 hours and I'm blown away. Sanded her up with some high grit sand paper, applied some wax, buffed, sanded a bit more, re wax/oiled...I am pretty happy with how it came out. I know FC has been weird with imgur lately so I will just leave a link to a couple pics.
Outstanding work Marc! This has been my largest vape purchase to date, and I feel it was well worth every penny.

https://imgur.com/a/ZrEy53t

Last edited:

firewood

Manufacturer
I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but oh man I can't put this vape down. Feels great in the hand.
Thanks!
I only have one minor concern which is the screens in the clip lasting a long time since it looks like they're just friction fit in there and I'm putting pressure from the other side when I clean the bowl out with a pick tool.
The screens in the clip are standard 1/2" stainless steel pipe screens, so should be easily user replaceable. You can easily remove them to clean and easily pop them right back. The hole they fit into is a tiny bit less than 1/2", so the screens have to bend into a slight bowl in order to fit in the hole, and the springiness of the screen keeps in in place (plus the lip it fit into has a slight taper so the screens really stick in place). Honestly the way the screens work with the tray is near perfect - minimal air restriction, minimal physical space taken up by screen, easily cleanable, easy to take apart and reassemble, easily replaceable screens. Funny story about the screens/tray - early on in the dev process I had it in my head that I would need to form each screen into a bowl in order to get it into the tray, then flatten it into place to make it stay in the tray. I was planning on spending a couple days making a screen forming press so I could form 5 screens at once and put them right into the tray. Then i was playing around with a tray and screen and realized they just popped right in each time if you just push it into the hole with your finger (make sure it is centered and also make sure the naturally convex side of the screen is pointing into the hole). It literally takes like 3 seconds to put in each screen, so I saved myself 2 days not having to make that press :)
And then I'm still going to keep echoing that I'd love to see a 14mm WPA at some point. The FW4 pairs so effortlessly with water and it's a shame the FW5 doesn't.
It will happen. I just need to spend a couple days on it. I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks though, then will be playing catch up, so wpa won't be for a month or so probably.
I'm wondering if carnuba wax would work as a suitable finish? Or a beeswax and coconut mix?
Yes carnauba wax is great. So is beeswax. Coconut oil might be good but some people say it can go rancid and start to smell weird so I haven't ever tried it. Others say it is fine and maybe once it dries out it doesn't matter? dunno. I have used mineral oil (pharmacy stuff) and Tung Oil. Make sure anything you use is 100% natural.
This vaporizer is absolutely amazing...
Thanks!

Also thanks to evorybody who gave feedback on the alt top edge design. It sounds like a lot of people like the more square "step" version so I'll definitely start offering that as an option soon.

Shortiture

my question is...how can u clean up the oven?
the screens are replaceable and they just pop out

This vape is amazing. I didn't have super high expectations going in on this vape and I even had a little bit of buyer's remorse while I was waiting for the vape to arrive. I can put all of those feelings to rest now, I am in love with this vape. The flavor is amazing, you can really taste the flower throughout the whole bowl. The extraction is perfectly balanced, as all things should be and the vapor production is superb. I cant recommend this vape enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
So, from what I understand, the vapor path in the FW5 is mostly glass/ceramic with a bit of wood in the mix at the inlet. Do you get any wood flavor in your vapor? It's one of the things that I initially liked about my Milaana, the slight woodiness it imparts into the vapor. However, as time went on, I realized I prefer a purer flavor more.

Last edited:
superdang9000,

ZC

No wood taste. I did get a little wood taste in the FW4 but not at all in the 5. The vape itself smells woody, but the vapor is isolated enough to not carry flavor.

This vape is incredible. I haven't touched my other vapes since I got it.
It's so fast to reload. I expected to not really use the clip, just reload the same bowl after each session. But in reality I love it. I fill the whole clip up like filling up a pill caddy and it'll last me a day or two. The small bowl size also means I quickly rotate to fresher, tastier hits.

This thing is so well made, so well thought out, it is just a joy to use. This is the most out of the box thinking in an 18650 vape and it shines. Everything that makes it unusual make it a joy to use.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
No wood taste. I did get a little wood taste in the FW4 but not at all in the 5. The vape itself smells woody, but the vapor is isolated enough to not carry flavor.

This vape is incredible. I haven't touched my other vapes since I got it.
It's so fast to reload. I expected to not really use the clip, just reload the same bowl after each session. But in reality I love it. I fill the whole clip up like filling up a pill caddy and it'll last me a day or two. The small bowl size also means I quickly rotate to fresher, tastier hits.

This thing is so well made, so well thought out, it is just a joy to use. This is the most out of the box thinking in an 18650 vape and it shines. Everything that makes it unusual make it a joy to use.

Well dammit, guess I'm ordering another vape. :tup:

Now I just need to decide if I like the original or updated version...

caseball2051

Getting some strange behavior from my fw4. Emailed FW but wanted to ask here too in case I got a quick response.

A full charged battery only reads as 4 buzzes. when I start it up and change temperatures it operates as usual until I set a heat setting and then the unit vibrates for the setting and then quickly vibrates 3 to 4 times with no heat. I was then turning it on and off and eventually tried again and got the same results and it would sometimes power itself off. One time it vibrated in pulses and I counted 20 before powering down.

Before this my wife put the battery in the wrong way. Is that my issue? Anything I can try?

All my batteries hey this response from my fw4 . No heat, and the draw sensor never vibrates.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I am verging on pressing the buton on this one.

The one thing that is turning me off is durability. How durable does this vape feel to those thst have it? Kinda concerned about the mouthpiece / battery cover its just a push fit right? How would that last the test of time?

Any owner give some feedback?

Oogendoogan

I am verging on pressing the buton on this one.

The one thing that is turning me off is durability. How durable does this vape feel to those thst have it? Kinda concerned about the mouthpiece / battery cover its just a push fit right? How would that last the test of time?

Any owner give some feedback?
I wouldn’t worry about durability. The piece your speaking of is replaceable first of all. So even if it were an issue your worried about the one part of the vape that is very easily replaceable. That being said, I don’t think you will ever have to replace it unless your unit took a nasty fall or something that would break most vapes. The firewood 5 is just as durable as the 3 and 4 and as durable as any electric wooden vape I have used. It’s built really well and the parts that need to be cleaned and are used the most are easily accessible and easy to take apart and put back together. The battery door/glass mouthpiece area that comes off does not feel in the slightest way cheap or weak. It feels very well made and like it will hold up to a lot of abuse. I’ve dropped mine and fumbled it quite a bit. I carry my FW5 and my Argo with me at the same time quite a bit and the FW5 has no issues bouncing around in my pocket or a backpack with my Argo. I wouldn’t worry about durability with this one. I mean unless vapes like the milaana, mistvape touch, nomad, tubo evic, etc are all too fragile for you. Because the firewood is just as durable as all of those other wooden on demand units and actually even more durable because all of those units use an 18mm or 14mm stem that can break. The firewood’s glass MP is hidden away and very hard to break. I would actually go as far as to say out of all vapes I listed the FW5 is the most durable honestly. This vape like the FW4 and FW3 is amazing. It’s a step up from previous models in every way and it’s one of the easiest to use and fastest extracting on demand convection vapes on the market. And the only one that I’ve found to be truly portable. I put the FW5 in the same case that my ARGO came in and they pretty much have the same foot print. It’s a tiny vape with huge results. I mean the Argo is the smallest vape I’ve had that works well. The FW is almost just as small. Here’s a pic just to show you what I mean. I think the FW5 is ahead of its time right now. Any other vape on the market that can do what it does is a lot bigger and just lacks all the features that make the FW5 an all in one amazing device.

Pic of FW5 and Argo - https://imgur.com/a/pgvERQk

elykpeace

exVASted
I wouldn’t worry about durability. The piece your speaking of is replaceable first of all. So even if it were an issue your worried about the one part of the vape that is very easily replaceable. That being said, I don’t think you will ever have to replace it unless your unit took a nasty fall or something that would break most vapes. The firewood 5 is just as durable as the 3 and 4 and as durable as any electric wooden vape I have used. It’s built really well and the parts that need to be cleaned and are used the most are easily accessible and easy to take apart and put back together. The battery door/glass mouthpiece area that comes off does not feel in the slightest way cheap or weak. It feels very well made and like it will hold up to a lot of abuse. I’ve dropped mine and fumbled it quite a bit. I carry my FW5 and my Argo with me at the same time quite a bit and the FW5 has no issues bouncing around in my pocket or a backpack with my Argo. I wouldn’t worry about durability with this one. I mean unless vapes like the milaana, mistvape touch, nomad, tubo evic, etc are all too fragile for you. Because the firewood is just as durable as all of those other wooden on demand units and actually even more durable because all of those units use an 18mm or 14mm stem that can break. The firewood’s glass MP is hidden away and very hard to break. I would actually go as far as to say out of all vapes I listed the FW5 is the most durable honestly. This vape like the FW4 and FW3 is amazing. It’s a step up from previous models in every way and it’s one of the easiest to use and fastest extracting on demand convection vapes on the market. And the only one that I’ve found to be truly portable. I put the FW5 in the same case that my ARGO came in and they pretty much have the same foot print. It’s a tiny vape with huge results. I mean the Argo is the smallest vape I’ve had that works well. The FW is almost just as small. Here’s a pic just to show you what I mean. I think the FW5 is ahead of its time right now. Any other vape on the market that can do what it does is a lot bigger and just lacks all the features that make the FW5 an all in one amazing device.

Pic of FW5 and Argo - https://imgur.com/a/pgvERQk

Mp deff sticks out a little bit and it can't be pushed in to protect it

Oogendoogan

Mp deff sticks out a little bit and it can't be pushed in to protect it
Ok. Was that a reply to my post responding to that guys question about durabilty or were you responding to him, or was it just a general statement? I don’t think that makes anything I said untrue..

I still think the vape is very durable and the mp hasn’t been an issue for me when thrown into bags and different containers I have for vapes. I’m sure if it broke you could get a replacement from mark for a fair price :tup:

Also if it were to break it wouldn’t potentially break the internals of the vape, can’t say that about a tubo or milaana. Break a stem with those and risk breaking the glass on your unit.

elykpeace

exVASted
The firewood’s glass MP is hidden away and very hard to break.

Responding to that. I broke the stem and tubular tube first time trying to clean it. Mp broke when I tried pushing it back in. Spare parts are for sale on the site so I just had to wait but Marc shipped it out quickly. Just Makin sure people know that the stem isn't hidden away. It sticks out a little and can't be pushed in.

I agree with you about durability just stem (in my case) was fragile and ceramic also is pretty fragile if your not careful

Oogendoogan

Responding to that. I broke the stem and tubular tube first time trying to clean it. Mp broke when I tried pushing it back in. Spare parts are for sale on the site so I just had to wait but Marc shipped it out quickly. Just Makin sure people know that the stem isn't hidden away. It sticks out a little and can't be pushed in.

I agree with you about durability just stem (in my case) was fragile and ceramic also is pretty fragile if your not careful
Damn bro that sucks.. sounds like a combo of bad luck and the fact that the MP does not push in ALL the way. It almost does lol. But your correct it does stick out a half inch or less for my unit. In fact I may look for a tube that fits the glass MP and that fits in my vapecase. Not a very hard solution but if your using a case that makes it less portable. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be more careful when cleaning and throwing it in my pocket/bag. I’ve been pretty careless with it at times and the glass MP is “tucked away” and it seemed very hard to break to me. I’ll forsure be more careful after hearing your experience.

The ceramic is something that I should have mentioned. While in use and in the vape it’s not really an issue but if you drop the 5 chamber slide on anything other than carpet or maybe wood it’s gonna break. And be careful cleaning the ceramic parts. They can break that’s forsure. But that’s a negative I’m happy to take and I’m sure you are as well to have a full glass and ceramic airpath in a wooden vape.

Glad you chimed in bro. I still stand by what I said. The FW5 is as durable or more than any other electric wooden portable. But of course glass and ceramic can break. I wouldn’t avoid the FW5 for fear of things breaking tho. If you were to do that you would end up with a very long list of other great vapes that are just as or more fragile that you should also avoid.

Last edited:

Bdubbdiblets

Waited a sec too long....sold out on all fronts.

When shall they return?:brow:

Been struggling with the multi-chamber load system...

....and then it donned on me...hey...bdubb....
you load several bowls per sesh how easy would this make certain sessions...especially when in a hurry.:shrug:

...duh...:doh:

Too late...

I wait...:drool:

:rockon:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Waited a sec too long....sold out on all fronts.

When shall they return?:brow:

Been struggling with the multi-chamber load system...

....and then it donned on me...hey...bdubb....
you load several bowls per sesh how easy would this make certain sessions...especially when in a hurry.:shrug:

...duh...:doh:

Too late...

I wait...:drool:

:rockon:
Normally they return daily limited inventory is always put up so expect to see sold out often.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: KidFated.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Thanks for the advice all. I am thinking of buying a spare glass mouthpiece. Seems strange to use glass this way. Why not eliminate the glass and make the mouthpiece all wood? Perhaps it could be swapped out for something like a metal drinking straw? Not even got the vape yet and already want to mod it :doh:

I was also about to press the button, and out of stock. Oh well i will have to wait a little longer.....

Last edited:
oddjobold,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Stock comes in Friday.

Why is this thread so quiet? Seems like a great vape.

The friction fit back panel. Do you guys think this will come lose over time?

oddjobold,

GMahler

It's been a loooong time since I have been on here (I think since I ordered my fw 1.0) but I am so pumped for the 5! Waiting as patiently as possible considering I ordered while Marc was on vacation so hoping it gets shipped out soon.

Question: will watco Danish oil work as a finish?

GMahler,

CalyxSmokr

This fw5 is looking inviting. I apologize if these questions have been asked answered already.
I am looking for a portable as close to pure convection and wondered how well the fw5 fits the bill. I am looking for extreme stealth but I think this could be workable if I can throw it in a sealed, locking tupperware when done.
How well do the capsules do with only vaping a half load? I am looking to do about 0.05g at a time. Does it work well with a pack that size or well by doing a half-load? I like my Arizer Air but even with a domed screen the load size is a little big and the back end tastes rotten if you do a half-load.
Would the fw5 give me these quick hit it and quit it? I assume the fw4 won't do this?
And how much odor with the thing all loaded? I would maybe just fill one at times I need super stealth - but it looks like the multiple loads will be nice a lot of the time too.
How well does it function with wax on hemp fiber? I am picturing it like my air which does very poorly with cotton/fiber. The Air works pretty well with wax in ground flower
tia

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
More stock was up at 8am EST. Which was 1pm GMT. I woke needing a pee at 3am and placed my order. I went for the FW5s (stepped version). When i got up at 8am the curved version was already out of stock.

Little aprehensive there is so little activity on this thread for this vape. 420vapezone seem to love it. Hope its good especailly as i will probably be hit my customs as well. My first FW is on its way.....

Mr. Me2

More stock was up at 8am EST. Which was 1pm GMT. I woke needing a pee at 3am and placed my order. I went for the FW5s (stepped version). When i got up at 8am the curved version was already out of stock.

Little aprehensive there is so little activity on this thread for this vape. 420vapezone seem to love it. Hope its good especailly as i will probably be hit my customs as well. My first FW is on its way.....
TMI. I hope you washed your hands first...

Mr. Me2,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Thoughts on FW5s (Stepped) vs FW5c (non stepped, original)? I am returning to the line, but adored my FW2, and have missed having it as an option. I missed 3 and 4 entirely. Marc is giving me a discount on the FW5/letting me turn mine in for recycling. I have always appreciated his Customer Service.

Vapeur Rogue,
Reactions: Hjalmark
Top Bottom