Firewood Vaporizer

feury

Man, now that I've decided to buy it, the waiting game got the Tung Oil finish to be back in stock is torture
when I bought mine he only had wax buff in stock so I purchased it and then asked for the tung oil finish he send a new invoice for 10usd

still waiting for it though , it was shipped on march 1st , how long does it take to deliver international?

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
when I bought mine he only had wax buff in stock so I purchased it and then asked for the tung oil finish he send a new invoice for 10usd

still waiting for it though , it was shipped on march 1st , how long does it take to deliver international?
Depends on customs. 10-15 business days is fairly normal, could be longer if held or delayed by customs.

cannabis.pro,
Reactions: PPN

rogrog

how secure is the capsule block? any issues with smell or the capsules/material coming loose?

what's the easiest way to clear out a capsule of avb?

rogrog,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Capsule block is great. No real smell coming from it. I keep it in my chest pocket in my work shirt and no issues.

I blow the capsules out once cashed into a muslin bag like the rest of my ABV. Blowing it out is def the best bet. Poking/scooping it out would probably be really annoying and adds the chance of knocking the screen loose.

muunch,
Reactions: rogrog

Mr Mellish

how secure is the capsule block? any issues with smell or the capsules/material coming loose?

what's the easiest way to clear out a capsule of avb?

My capsule block has no smell. To clear a cap, I blow into it then easily dig it out with a dab spoon.

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: rogrog

JoeMama

I vape almost always on 3 and depending on mostly my draw, I can get very light vapor or I can char/combust if I'm not careful so.....

Ah ok, that's kinda what I figured.

Oh wow, yeah I usually stick to 2 but if I hop up to 3 ill quicken my draw a bit. I never really mess with 4.

Hell no. This is an awesome and extremely tasty vape. I actually like the capsules. If you buy the extras and the holder, it's like having an extended clip...

Gentlemen, I've selected you all for a special reason... lol... OK, no, but since you're here....

I've had the FW4 for a while now, and I love it - as I've said several times on this and other subs...

I'm hoping to get some understanding about the Temps... It seems the routine for me is to fill a capsule with fluff, no pack. Then I start on Temp 3, and nurse about 3 draws, very slow, full-lung kind of draws, producing respectable clouds. Then, one or two more on Temp 4. There are times I find that the ABV is a bit too dark; I guess that meant it combusted somewhat...

If I use Temp 2, it's pretty much like getting a full lung of no-clouds. Am I doing something wrong... or, is there a calibration issue that escapes my concern, since I have no "baseline" to compare it to, except what I read here.... Seems you guys can combust even on T3? I'm figuring that would be under a very low-speed, long draw... but that's how I hit it too. I'm sorry for being wordy, but if I hit it any slower, I'll run out of breath during that long inhale!

Your feedback is appreciated!

JoeMama,
Reactions: vapen00b

Mr Mellish

Gentlemen, I've selected you all for a special reason... lol... OK, no, but since you're here....

I've had the FW4 for a while now, and I love it - as I've said several times on this and other subs...

I'm hoping to get some understanding about the Temps... It seems the routine for me is to fill a capsule with fluff, no pack. Then I start on Temp 3, and nurse about 3 draws, very slow, full-lung kind of draws, producing respectable clouds. Then, one or two more on Temp 4. There are times I find that the ABV is a bit too dark; I guess that meant it combusted somewhat...

If I use Temp 2, it's pretty much like getting a full lung of no-clouds. Am I doing something wrong... or, is there a calibration issue that escapes my concern, since I have no "baseline" to compare it to, except what I read here.... Seems you guys can combust even on T3? I'm figuring that would be under a very low-speed, long draw... but that's how I hit it too. I'm sorry for being wordy, but if I hit it any slower, I'll run out of breath during that long inhale!

Your feedback is appreciated!

I start at 2.5 but get serious clouds with the SS and the Ti. I do 4-5 draws and then kick it to 5 and kill it with 4-5 more draws. This thing gently and quietly rocks my world.

Mr Mellish,

JoeMama

I start at 2.5 but get serious clouds with the SS and the Ti. I do 4-5 draws and then kick it to 5 and kill it with 4-5 more draws. This thing gently and quietly rocks my world.
Thanks!, but are you talking about the GH or the FW?

@XiolaOne , if I have nhale any slower on even Temp 3, I'll pass out by the time I finish the draw! :ugh:

JoeMama,

feury

tomorrrow will be one month since the FW4 was shipped (international) and I am freaking out because the tracking page shows only step 1 shippment accepted.....

feury,

Mr Mellish

Nice to see I'm not the only Homer Simpson :D

So ya wanna try again? LOL

Well, I suppose...

With the FW4, I operate at settings 3 and 4. I do about 4-5 draws at each. 3 is primarily for flavor but I do get light vapor and it does have effect. I get pretty good vapor at 4 but not as heavy as the GH. If the airflow gets congested, I pop the capsule and blow in it.

Unlike my FW3, the FW4 has not been bumped; I'm working at stock temps on the FW4.

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: JoeMama

XiolaOne

Firewood 4
Yeah, draw so slow so feel like you are running out of breath. Also, pause a few times during your draws as that will let the heat work on the material

Thanks!, but are you talking about the GH or the FW?

@XiolaOne , if I have nhale any slower on even Temp 3, I'll pass out by the time I finish the draw! :ugh:

XiolaOne,
Reactions: JoeMama

JoeMama

Well, I suppose...

With the FW4, I operate at settings 3 and 4. I do about 4-5 draws at each. 3 is primarily for flavor but I do get light vapor and it does have effect. I get pretty good vapor at 4 but not as heavy as the GH. If the airflow gets congested, I pop the capsule and blow in it.

Unlike my FW3, the FW4 has not been bumped; I'm working at stock temps on the FW4.

Yeah, draw so slow so feel like you are running out of breath. Also, pause a few times during your draws as that will let the heat work on the material

Thanks, gents! Seems that I'm on the right track.... I can't imagine the FW4 could ever combust at T3; drawing any slower I'd hardly be moving air!

@Mr Mellish , you pretty much use t just as I do and have the same experience. It's a great gentle vape, gives really nice flavor, too.

:tup:

JoeMama,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
tomorrrow will be one month since the FW4 was shipped (international) and I am freaking out because the tracking page shows only step 1 shippment accepted.....
Try to be patient cause, sometimes, it can take 2 months when there is issues...did you try to contact the carrier?

PPN,
Reactions: feury

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Interesting talks about the temps and steps. I get light vapor at 1 and definitely char on 3 when long and slow enough. Never used "4"...
My unit is running stock temp settings. Seems that some heaters were tuned differently? I would not believe I should get visible vapor on 1 - that's some 121C if I'm right. The "2" should be up to 176C ... I rather feel it's around 190/200 with mine judging from the ABV

vapen00b,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My feeling is pretty the same, very light but visible vapor on 1, most of my sessions are on the level 2 and used sometimes 3 using water filtration. Never gone to 4.

Still pretty happy with mine but I'm thinking the old FW (1 and 2.1) was tastier, I think the taste is pretty quickly cashed even on level 2 but it is easier to use and more efficient and fast.

Mr Mellish

I have a friend who has been a combuster. She bought a Pax 2 and really hasn't cared much for it. She feels like it is wildly inefficient. With that in mind, I loaned her my FW3. To my surprise, she liked the flavor but preferred the Pax 2 (I guess that's a preference for conduction over convection, perhaps?).

Anyway, she insists that even the FW3 is less efficient than a one hitter. Having never used a one hitter, I don't know if this makes sense or not (based on the name, it would seem so). Anyone care to chime in?

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I have a friend who has been a combuster. She bought a Pax 2 and really hasn't cared much for it. She feels like it is wildly inefficient. With that in mind, I loaned her my FW3. To my surprise, she liked the flavor but preferred the Pax 2 (I guess that's a preference for conduction over convection, perhaps?).

Anyway, she insists that even the FW3 is less efficient than a one hitter. Having never used a one hitter, I don't know if this makes sense or not (based on the name, it would seem so). Anyone care to chime in?

IMO a one hitter is probably the most efficient way to combust but it is still far and beyond less efficient than any vape.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Not sure about the FW3 but I use probably just as much in a capsule for my FW4 as I would have used for a one hitter.

FW4 gets me higher both in quantity and quality.

Some people are just ADAMANT vapes "don't work."

These people are clearly immune to logic so I just don't bother.

edit: fwiw I have noticed combusters who have this mindset seem to prefer session-style vapes as they can't be fucked with "on-demand" or "technique" which is perhaps why your friend liked the pax. Perhaps don't bother with instructions, just throw a session-style vape on hottest possible temp and hook it up to a water-pipe otherwise it'll always be "I don't feel it/it's too much WORK - let's just smoke" aka THE #1 most annoying thing ever said

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
It's a discussion for another thread for sure - not specific to the FW (or pax, or etc etc)

But I had no problems switching over. >_>

I also will sometimes smoke because it's just too annoying to explain HOW to use it... watch them to ensure they use it properly and don't break my shit... and then hear them complain it "doesn't work" when it very clearly does and would rather use a method that creates much more waste, is not as efficient and tastes... even BAD as compared to delicious.

Yes it's something I'm passionate about because, as I said - I switched. Literally overnight. It's not some miracle or difficult thing lol.

What makes these people so special that it "doesn't work"????

You aren't some amazing rare and new biogenetic mutation lol. I sympathize with the people who cannot properly get effects from edibles(because THAT, is an actual thing), but there is no difference between vaping and smoking. If you can get high from one, you can get high from the other and to think otherwise is ignorant and close-minded.

Perhaps why I get so pissed off is because these people then try to impose THEIR choice on me, while completely disregarding my choice and the logic behind it.

Maybe I just know shitty people. Or maybe I'm just not high enough... yea that's probably it.

tl;dr: useless post

Last edited:
Top Bottom