1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Firewood Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Bouldorado, Apr 21, 2013.

1. muunch

muunch Munchlax uses Rest!

I may look into this if I can find the crafty piece. I assume the mighty/crafty glass are different and I'll have to look around. I'm unable to do the woodworking myself and don't wanna bother someone for a really small, custom thing that I may not even use all that much. I've been opting to use the FW4 without CU, which isn't terrible at all but options are nice for sure.

vapen00b likes this.
  2. ZC

ZC Well-Known Member

FW4 has become my go-to vape for sharing with friends. Once you get it started it's easy to pass around, without much explaining as to how to use it. Some of the vapes I use more for myself don't do well with groups. (It's easy for people to combust with the Mi, for instance) But the FW4 is simple. Pass to them and say to inhale. No cords like the logs. Only tip necessary is to listen for the whistle to help with draw speed. Quickly swapping batteries and capsules keeps the fun going with little down time.

3. Skynet007

Skynet007 New Member

That's exactly why I want one to pair with my Mi!

cwheezy, ZC and vapen00b like this.
  4. sk8man121

sk8man121 Frozen_Vaporent

[​IMG]
    Took the FW4 out snowshoeing today! It's not capable of handling cold temps quite as well as my Grasshopper, but there's something nice about sessioning it outside in the trees and allowing it to warm one's hands. Better than HotHands!

ArthurJ, friedrich and vapen00b like this.
  5. Skynet007

Skynet007 New Member

Does it still work pretty decently in cold temps?

6. sk8man121

It will accomplish said job if you're willing to devote 7-10 minutes to a session. Honestly, I find this true of the FW4 in general, as it isn't nearly as On-Demand as my Grasshopper is. Factor in cold air, and the device will perform as expected. Still produces great results, just a lengthier/more relaxed sit down.

7. JoeMama

JoeMama Well-Known Member

Greetings...

I just pulled the trigger on a FW4. I'm a Hopper head since July (Pax prior, ancient history now!)....

Been reading around before I bought, so I went for the extra capsules and the cooling unit...

Speaking of which, comparing the Hopper to the FW4 insofar as vapor heat at the draw-point (no cooling unit), how do they match up?

Appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Mr. Me2 likes this.
  8. sk8man121

@JoeMama The Hopper and The FW4 are entirely different animals IMO. The 5-6 second massive, suffocating hit you pull out of your Hopper with a slow draw at setting 5 is not possible to achieve; it just isn't, and I've tested this vape in as many ways as possible. You're not going to want to take the FW4 out on the town with you the way you will your Grasshopper, so clear that idea from your head if it's there.

Edit: You're also going to want to restrict the speed of your draw by at least half, if not more when hitting the FW4 vs. the Hopper—think comically slow, and you'll be close.

That being said, the FW4 excels as a home session vape. At heat level 2 with the cooling unit, you will rarely if ever cough and will fully extract with mostly tasty hits for a period of 7-10 minutes. Without the cooling unit, your draw speed will have to be more conservative, and you will have issues hitting native at temp level 4, but I don't see a difference otherwise.

Congratulations on your purchase. Marc's vapes are awesome, and they serve a very specific purpose. For me, it's through water (Temp 2 w/ a bit of concentrate sandwiched between 0.2G coursely-ground blueberryXwhite_widow) at the end of the night while playing Shadow of the Colossus and has little-to-nothing to do with my day prior to that, which is where the Grasshopper comes in as I go about my daily business and make it rain like a Donald Trump hooker's piss stream.

YMMV.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017 at 8:00 PM
    friedrich likes this.
  9. JoeMama

@sk8man121 that was just what I wanted to hear...

I bought the FW because I want a more reliable home session vape than the Hopper. I just went through warranty stuff with the Hopper and I just didn't like being without a vape. I probably will never use my Pax again, after experiencing convection.

I love the way the FW looks (but obviously looks ain't everything!), and it looks simple enough to use.

Still, I've always been a one-hit kind of person, so the need for continuous hits may not present itself. But now I can share, as the Hopper isn't great for more than one person IMO. For one person, however, holy shit is it powerful.....when it's working.

10. sk8man121

@JoeMama So to be completely transparent, the main reason I took the FW4 out in the cold with me today was because my GH is currently at Hopper Labs for a hospital visit! The issues I've had with it have been insurmountable, but its on-demand performance (when it works properly) has yet to be beat by any other vape I've used, including the FW4. I think you'll find this sentiment echoed across the board (pun intended) here.

That said, you're going to be very happy with the FW4 given your reasoning for purchasing it. Totally agreed that the Hopper is less than ideal for groups than the FW4 for one specific reason—the Hopper's bowl is cashed within 3-4 hits if operated successfully. A FW4 bowl can taste great for up to 10 minutes, making it ideal for passing around if you aren't concerned with getting super medicated, super fast.

Again, it has (more than) its place in any rotation. Enjoy, my friend!

JoeMama likes this.
  11. JoeMama

Thanks, @sk8man121 ... I'm sure I'll be asking for more advice and usage tips once I get it and figure it out...

I hope your Hopper gets well fast, I know how much it sucks being without it!

sk8man121 likes this.
  12. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

Agreed on most of this. To me, the FW4 excels in flavor. If you start low, the GH can provide a couple intensely flavored hits but FW4 wins for overall flavor.

ZC and friedrich like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors