Firewood Vaporizer

MMJane

That's the one thing I've been *super* careful about is making sure I've aligned it carefully/correctly while putting it back together. I have the utmost respect for the craftsmanship and am amazed at how smoothly it all fits together. THe first day I got it, it went togather so smooth, part of me has wondered if it's a defect and not user error.

I am afraid, however, that my fiddling around has perhaps whittled off a bit of one of the tabs/notches. I try to be mindful of what I'm doing and I'd like to think I haven't fucked it up (I hope!).

I was about to ask him if I could lube up the slides next time I took it off with something that wouldnt be bad for the battery, but it took me so long to take it off that I'm writing this instead. It's been a rough couple of weeks and it brought me to damned tears this time, I was so frustrated. I needed to vape, dammit. I hurt, my ptsd was flared and I couldn't get the door off? Really?

It's silly, I guess. It was just the straw that broke the camel's back on that day, ya know? ugh. Gah. I should just write him.

xlr8shun

same thing happens to mine MMJane, i live in a humid area though, so at first i just contributed to that.

it was very easy to pop the door off, but now after a few months, its getting harder and harder.. so, i took an exacto knife and cleaned out the grooves a bit. not cutting away at the wood, just making sure there was a nice sharp 90* angle everywhere there was supposed to be. i had some wax type buildup along the grooves, in the corners and such.

ultimately its that bump stop/catch though. its getting stuck there right before it actually finally lets go. this i think pushes the whole door against the case in such a way that its creating a bit more friction.

xlr8shun,

JoeMama

EDIT:
As usual, I should've waited a bit longer before posting this...
All is well.. battery is almost charged.

Please delete.

I got my CU and batteries today so I'm ready to try out my new FW4!

QUESTION: I'm used to Hopper batteries... I have a Nitecore D4.

So I put a battery ((Samsung 30Q 18650 3000mAh 15A Flat Top)) in the charger about an hour ago, and it is still sitting at one bar of charge. Is this right? How long do these monster batteries take to charge??

Last edited:
JoeMama,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
This is a shot from a Covered Bridge Session this past weekend in Woodstock, VT Courtesy of Nature is Free Photography:
P1010706.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Mellish

I'm posting this at the risk of people realizing what a total dumbfuck I am. If I can help but one similarly imbecilic knob...

One of the things I don't like about the ESV is the need to stir. The need to stir is what has kept me away from the Firefly. So, that sets the stage for my bias against having to fuck with a load during a session.

With new material, I'm finding that the load gets stuck against the upper screen and the draw restriction gets intense on the FWs.

Last night, my two brain cells rubbed together and produced a wee bit of heat. I was getting pretty strong resistance, so I yanked the capsule and blew in it. Voila. Clear resistance and get a quick stir. What a silly bunt.

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I'm posting this at the risk of people realizing what a total dumbfuck I am. If I can help but one similarly imbecilic knob...

One of the things I don't like about the ESV is the need to stir. The need to stir is what has kept me away from the Firefly. So, that sets the stage for my bias against having to fuck with a load during a session.

With new material, I'm finding that the load gets stuck against the upper screen and the draw restriction gets intense on the FWs.

Last night, my two brain cells rubbed together and produced a wee bit of heat. I was getting pretty strong resistance, so I yanked the capsule and blew in it. Voila. Clear resistance and get a quick stir. What a silly bunt.

That's exactly what I do with my FW3. I take the mouthpiece out a couple of times during a sesh and I blow in and out a few times to basically stir the flower while clearing the screen.

Alegre,
Reactions: JoeMama

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I used to do the 'flick the capsule mid session' thing as well. All the time (fw3), but find that now using on lvl 3 and never loading the capsule more than 3/4, I am getting perfectly even abv every time. No need to stir or do anything.

Maybe using it regularly for so long I am now in tune with my device...or something technical like draw speed, which, well who cares...it works great.

Hagbard Celine

I used to do the 'flick the capsule mid session' thing as well. All the time (fw3), but find that now using on lvl 3 and never loading the capsule more than 3/4, I am getting perfectly even abv every time. No need to stir or do anything.

Maybe using it regularly for so long I am now in tune with my device...or something technical like draw speed, which, well who cares...it works great.

Yes, good points. And I was going to add to my post previous to yours that I'm not convinced the 'flick mid-session' is doing much. However, I like to pull the capsule out from the oven every so often when I use it anyway just to cool it down and keep it from continuing to roast in the chamber. Once again, not sure how much this helps, but I cant see how it can hurt.

Hagbard Celine,
Reactions: Vapenvy

JoeMama

With micro dosing, there's not much left to stir anyway lol

@Mr Mellish , consider yourself in good company. I've had the FW4 for a few weeks, I love it more and more when I wind down my evenings.
But I'd been wondering how to keep all the material from clinging up on the inside screen. I was flicking and tapping and had never thought of blowing a short pulse of air into the removed capsule.

And @XiolaOne , I agree with you there... I like the micro dosing approach, and even with a pinch or two, it's a great extraction.

throwawaytre3s

It would seem that my FW3 has died on me, unfortunately. I was using it about a week or so ago, when it vibrated again like 10-20 times, then powered off and it refuses to power back on, even fully charged, no vibration feedback at all. I'm really kind of disappointed, to be honest.

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Jaurgh

Haha, ordered a unit from the latest batch last night =) Time to upgrade my Air! I was debating between Fw4 milaana & this, and i actually bought a hopper last week but cancelled my order for this. I didn't get the milaana bc the fw4 seems to be a powerful simple to use general purpose vaporizer, whereas the milaana calls for a bit of attention and focus. This seems to be almost as simple to use as the grasshopper but easier on the go and more discreet. It appears that you can adjust the preset temperature settings really jack up the heat on this thing and be able to clear capsules in a few draws so maybe it can even fill the role that the grasshopper plays out. Excited to be entering into the world of on demand convection vaporizers!

Jaurgh,
Reactions: muunch

firewood

Manufacturer
Same here, mine is getting harder and harder to open as well. Maybe @firewood can shed some light
Sorry of it is too tight - you should be able to get it much smoother by first making sure there is no gunk along the sliding areas, then if it is still too tight use a tiny bit of oil (mineral oil or most plant oils should work) to lubricate the sliding areas. If it is still too tight then you can use a file or bit of sandpaper to sand down the little nub at the top of the slider.
It would seem that my FW3 has died on me, unfortunately. I was using it about a week or so ago, when it vibrated again like 10-20 times, then powered off and it refuses to power back on, even fully charged, no vibration feedback at all. I'm really kind of disappointed, to be honest.
Email me at marc@firewoodvapes.com and we can probably get it fixed.

throwawaytre3s

Sorry of it is too tight - you should be able to get it much smoother by first making sure there is no gunk along the sliding areas, then if it is still too tight use a tiny bit of oil (mineral oil or most plant oils should work) to lubricate the sliding areas. If it is still too tight then you can use a file or bit of sandpaper to sand down the little nub at the top of the slider.
Email me at marc@firewoodvapes.com and we can probably get it fixed.

Will do Marc!

throwawaytre3s,

Shieldsab

So my VAS has kicked in again, and I've decided the Firewood will be my next vape. I didn't pull the trigger fast enough on the one I saw that was available a couple days ago, so is there any way to be notified when more are ready?

Shieldsab,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Maybe it's worth contacting @firewood Marc directly via PM?
He might put you on his list and send you an invoice once ready.

Definitely a good choice to go with the FW4. It accompanies my other vapes very well and has it's own outstanding qualities - love getting back to it! :luv:

vapen00b,
Reactions: Shieldsab

woahbackup

Hey everyone. Interested in the FW4 and wanted to know about the strength. Can anyone tell me if you can get a capsule extracted in say...2-4 hits?

woahbackup,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Lots of variables, but yes, it is capable of putting out that power. Bump the heat up (honestly only once or twice, since it is 7degree increments) then put it on heat setting 4 and off you go.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
You can't go wrong with either!

The Milaana is more in the spirit of the "American Muscle Car", with so much power that you're likely to burn your tires if you hit the throttle hard. While the FW4 is more featured and elaborated (sorry no car analogy for this one!) and provides a smoother ride overall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom