Firewood Vaporizer

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I get the feeling that it's the Arizer Air of convection/on demand vaporizers. I'm torn between this and the Milaana.

Funny you say so. Actually, I always felt like the FW provides that easy sipping (session) style, which reminded me of my Air - loved it and so do I the FW4.
Draw resistance is not that much though :p

Mr Mellish

Would you all suggest getting more capsules with the mouthpiece or just capsules by itself?

If you want to preload capsules and keep the contents safely contained, I would include the mouthpiece. You could block the opening but it wouldn't be as convenient to carry and to pop into your FW as needed.

On a separate note, I realized that I have been babying my FW3 and FW4. Someone recently made the statement that the FW heater can easily keep up with you. This made me realize that, due to no real feedback of the heating/temperature status, I have been making light/slow draws with the FW's. Last night, I decided to put this to the test. The FW had no issue keeping up with my stronger draws or tighter intervals between draws. Push it!

woahbackup

Also,do I have to use the mouthpiece/capsule method? Extra mouthpieces/capsules are twice the amount of a cooling unit so I'm thinking I'm only getting one or the other for right now.

woahbackup,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
There's almost no other reliable way to use it without the capsules unless you want to risk damaging the heater (you don't)

I personally don't like the cooling unit but I haven't used it in at least a month so who knows how I'd feel now that I have a technique dialed in...

I guess if you're not worried about consuming a lot, or having stuff pre-packed for on-the-go, you could survive with one capsule/MP and opt for the CU for now to see the different ways in which the device works.

I'm interested to hear what others say though

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Do you guys believe the cooling unit is necessary?
Well, to be nitpicky - no, it's not necessary as the vape does work without.
I, for one, love to use it. Also gives you a good orientation how to draw etc. it restricts the draw a little bit - but I find it totally acceptable and helps me to maintain a slow and steady draw for nice extraction.

Also,do I have to use the mouthpiece/capsule method? Extra mouthpieces/capsules are twice the amount of a cooling unit so I'm thinking I'm only getting one or the other for right now.

There were some guys putting in a screen just above the heater and using it without capsule system but using some kind of e-nano/arizer stem..? Maybe someone could chime in.. I have never done that. Works fine in stock config.

I only have one mouthpiece/capsule combo for my FW4 and it's totally ok. Not a heavy user though and only microdosing... But tbh, it doesn't take long to change the capsule and I find it cools down pretty quickly, after some secs I can touch it which further cools down the capsule. Open, reload, put it back in, next round.

I'd suggest to go with one capsule but definitely add the CU. it's always good to have options and be safe, if vapor would be not tolerable without one... I'm pretty sensitive to heat and would not use it without... My cents :)

There's almost no other reliable way to use it without the capsules unless you want to risk damaging the heater (you don't)

I personally don't like the cooling unit but I haven't used it in at least a month so who knows how I'd feel now that I have a technique dialed in...

I guess if you're not worried about consuming a lot, or having stuff pre-packed for on-the-go, you could survive with one capsule/MP and opt for the CU for now to see the different ways in which the device works.

I'm interested to hear what others say though
See above ;) :)

woahbackup

Getting 2 mouthpieces/capsules and a cooling unit. Thanks for your help everyone! I'll stick around FC for this is a nice lil' community you got here.

woahbackup,
Reactions: vapen00b

Kuda

Hi all!
Could you help me deciding between the grasshopper and fw 4 related to security materials? I'm not sure about if this walnut wood would be healthy exposed to so much heat. I need a convection on-demand vaporizer. I'm newbie and i'll use it for medical purposes, so I'm afraid that FF 2 involves a lot of learning curve for me. That gaves me 3 options that accomplishes all my requirements: The Grasshopper, FW 4 and Zion. I heard that Grasshoper gets to much hot vapor and I have a really sensitive throat, but on the other hand Titanium seems a healthy material... FW seems perfect with the cooling unit, but I'm afraid about the alnut wood (I was searching about carnauba wax and it seems to be "inhalation safe").

Thanks in advance!

Kuda,

JoeMama

Hi all!
Could you help me deciding between the grasshopper and fw 4 related to security materials? I'm not sure about if this walnut wood would be healthy exposed to so much heat. I need a convection on-demand vaporizer. I'm newbie and i'll use it for medical purposes, so I'm afraid that FF 2 involves a lot of learning curve for me. That gaves me 3 options that accomplishes all my requirements: The Grasshopper, FW 4 and Zion. I heard that Grasshoper gets to much hot vapor and I have a really sensitive throat, but on the other hand Titanium seems a healthy material... FW seems perfect with the cooling unit, but I'm afraid about the alnut wood (I was searching about carnauba wax and it seems to be "inhalation safe").

Thanks in advance!
Hi Kuda...

I have the Hopper and I got the FW4 about a month ago. I love both, but based on your post, I feel I may have some info to help you...

I have a friend who actually has throat issues from reflux (and much more serious esophagus issues). He was told he can no longer drink alcohol, so he wants to get back to cannabis.

I gave him the hopper first to try (at home himself), and he reported to me that it "burned" his throat (ie, the next morning it was quite irritated). He isn't sure if it was heat of the vapor, or the vapor itself, and is skittish to try it further.

The plan was for him to then try my FW4 after the Hopper so he choose either based on his experience with them. He is aware that the FW is much cooler, but, I don't think he wants to venture there just yet...

Anyway, the reality is that the FW with the cooling unit is, by far, a much cooler and smoother experience. So much so that I barely notice there is anything coming through but for the slight temperature increase on the draw stem at my lips (this is actually a good thing because it's my way of gauging the hit). By the time I realize I'm getting a whopping hit, I am "sensing" vapor at the back of my throat - but it is in no way irritating or uncomfortable... it actually feels like "cool" vapor. My point is that by that time, my lungs are filled with a large volume of vapor.

If I were you, I'd go Firewood 4 with the Cooling Unit. It only takes a matter of 20-30 seconds more to hit than the Hopper, and it's output is more consistent, predictable, longer-lasting on a charge, and a BREEZE to keep clean.

Hope this helps.

XiolaOne

Firewood 4
Walnut edition, CU and 1 extra capsule/mouthpiece is right above $200 which then activates the 20% promo code. If Marc still has it valid they is

XiolaOne,

Kuda

Hi Kuda...

I have the Hopper and I got the FW4 about a month ago. I love both, but based on your post, I feel I may have some info to help you...

I have a friend who actually has throat issues from reflux (and much more serious esophagus issues). He was told he can no longer drink alcohol, so he wants to get back to cannabis.

I gave him the hopper first to try (at home himself), and he reported to me that it "burned" his throat (ie, the next morning it was quite irritated). He isn't sure if it was heat of the vapor, or the vapor itself, and is skittish to try it further.

The plan was for him to then try my FW4 after the Hopper so he choose either based on his experience with them. He is aware that the FW is much cooler, but, I don't think he wants to venture there just yet...

Anyway, the reality is that the FW with the cooling unit is, by far, a much cooler and smoother experience. So much so that I barely notice there is anything coming through but for the slight temperature increase on the draw stem at my lips (this is actually a good thing because it's my way of gauging the hit). By the time I realize I'm getting a whopping hit, I am "sensing" vapor at the back of my throat - but it is in no way irritating or uncomfortable... it actually feels like "cool" vapor. My point is that by that time, my lungs are filled with a large volume of vapor.

If I were you, I'd go Firewood 4 with the Cooling Unit. It only takes a matter of 20-30 seconds more to hit than the Hopper, and it's output is more consistent, predictable, longer-lasting on a charge, and a BREEZE to keep clean.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for all the information!!! You're so kind! Great forum here!

Kuda

This wait is killing me.
I've got a FW4 wax buff about an hour ago. At last! :rockon:
A lot of previous reseach about healthy staff, convection on-demand vaporizers, etc. because I want to vaporize only for medical purposes. I hope in fact, do not need it quite often, because that it will means that I'm doing pretty good with my lifestyle and the other alternative therapies, hahaha. However... how knows? Maybe I'll enjoy it and become more active. :rofl:

I didn't know about discount codes :bang: But if it is the one I've found in reddit (I don't know if it is allowed to post the code here), it didnt work for me, and I purchased: FW4 + Cooling Unit + 3 mouthpieces pack + battery charger and it was above 200$.

PD: Sorry for my english if it isn't right enough. I'm not a native english speaker girl, as you probably have already guessed, hahaha.

Last edited:

woahbackup

I've got a FW4 wax buff about an hour ago. At last! :rockon:
A lot of previous reseach about healthy staff, convection on-demand vaporizers, etc. because I want to vaporize only for medical purposes. I hope in fact, do not need it quite often, because that it will means that I'm doing pretty good with my lifestyle and the other alternative therapies, hahaha. However... how knows? Maybe I'll enjoy it and become more active. :rofl:

I didn't know about discount codes :bang: But if it is the one I've found in reddit (I don't know if it is allowed to post the code here), it didnt work for me, and I purchased: FW4 + Cooling Unit + 3 mouthpieces pack + baterry recharger and it was above 200$.

PD: Sorry for my english if it isn't right enough. I'm not a native english speaker girl, as you probably have already guessed, hahaha.

Your English is fine. I'm American and where I'm from we don't really worry too much about grammar, I know what you're saying.

But damn! You got yours quick, I hope you like it. I heard about the discount codes after I ordered -_- but I also ordered my accessories separately. I also ordered 3 lg batteries (the hg2'?) And I have a battery charger from a previous vape.

Did priority mail for mine and it shipped Tuesday but it's looking like it'll get here on Saturday :shrug:

Last edited:
woahbackup,
Reactions: Kuda

Kuda

Your English is fine. I'm American and where I'm from we don't really worry too much about grammar, I know what you're saying.

But damn! You got yours quick, I hope you like it. I heard about the discount codes after I ordered -_- but I also ordered my accessories separately. I also ordered 3 lg batteries (the hg2'?) And I have a battery charger from a previous vape.

Thanks! I hope so! Well... it was my fourth attempt actually:rofl:Previous one fails because I spent so much time looking for more safety information about walnut wood (I'm quite paranoid... I know...) , that when I checked out the cart it was already sold. I couldn't order batteries because I'm from Spain and it seems that Marc don't make shipping of batteries outside US, which is normal because it's a "hazardous" item, so I believe that it might be pricey a special shipping for it. I could buy 2 LG HG2 batteries at good price from an online store here in Spain :)

I hope not bother everybody when I finally receive my FW 4 and I have some doubts about it.

Good luck to everyone trying to get their FW4!! It has been several restocks lately!

ArthurJ

welcome aboard @Kuda.
I love my firewood.
It's my favorite vape for long walks, and being out of the house. I love the capsule system for quick swapping when I'm out. I find it exceptionally stealthy, it fits right in the palm of your hand and with the range of temps it is very versatile.

I've had a FW 2.1, a FW 3 and now the four. I learned a LOT about using all of them right here on these boards.
It's a fabulous little corner of the internet.

You'll love it, its a great little device!

Kuda

welcome aboard @Kuda.
I love my firewood.
It's my favorite vape for long walks, and being out of the house. I love the capsule system for quick swapping when I'm out. I find it exceptionally stealthy, it fits right in the palm of your hand and with the range of temps it is very versatile.

I've had a FW 2.1, a FW 3 and now the four. I learned a LOT about using all of them right here on these boards.
It's a fabulous little corner of the internet.

You'll love it, its a great little device!

Thank you @ArthurJ! I was a little worried but all your messages encourage me with my decision.

FW4 seems so easy to use for a vaping newbie, and I agree with you in the capsule system! It seems very practical to spend even a few days out with the 3 extra mouthpiece/capsules pre-packed, as I don't plan use it much, I'll hopefuly be pain-free soon :)

It's beautiful too; I love handcraft in general. It's special and it involves a lot of work, time and caring about the product. I think craftsmen deserves our buys.

Grasshopper is beautiful and slim and looks superefficient but I was afraid about harsh and hot vapor, as I said before, and in order to be descreet it seems a bad idea take on a bubbler with myself. For a home use I suppose it will be fine, but I need a multipurpouse vaper, because I can't afford 2 dispositives for now.

I will be reading all threads about FW and HowTos while I wait for it! hahaha

Shieldsab

Where are Canadians getting batteries for the FW4? US places don't seem to ship here. I know Amazon has them, but with the amount of fakes, and the consequences of getting one, I'd rather find a reliable seller.
Thanks

Shieldsab,

woahbackup

Just got it! But it's not turning on. It'll vibrate if the batteries are in wrong but it won't turn on from me holding the button. Anyone know what's up?

woahbackup,
Top Bottom