Firewood Vaporizer

firewood

Manufacturer
Batteries batteries batteries. Lipo replaceable swappable induction would be nice, sure, but if i could just gets a nice cell that uses this
then it would never have to be replaced and you would probably never beat the capacity and discharge abilites!

OO

Technical Skeptical
Batteries batteries batteries. Lipo replaceable swappable induction would be nice, sure, but if i could just gets a nice cell that uses this
then it would never have to be replaced and you would probably never beat the capacity and discharge abilites!
This is exactly the field I want to work in. I'm wondering how they are using graphene as a capacitor though....
Thank you very much for this.

katabolicklapaucius

Batteries batteries batteries. Lipo replaceable swappable induction would be nice, sure, but if i could just gets a nice cell that uses this [//media=vimeo]51873011[/media] then it would never have to be replaced and you would probably never beat the capacity and discharge abilites!

Might as well, if you are going to go all out. ;D Put a handcrank and a solar cell on it, too.

Sorry, I know the request is a bit unreasonable especially for a first product. What you have made here looks great, it's pretty much exactly what I'd like in a vape to be honest. I'd just love to see your ingenuity going a bit further since it's already so promising.

katabolicklapaucius,

firewood

Manufacturer
Might as well, if you are going to go all out. ;D Put a handcrank and a solar cell on it, too.

Sorry, I know the request is a bit unreasonable especially for a first product. What you have made here looks great, it's pretty much exactly what I'd like in a vape to be honest. I'd just love to see your ingenuity going a bit further since it's already so promising.

Thanks a lot, i understand. The request is only unreasonable over the short term - over the long term it totally makes sense and is something I plan on working on. It would almost certainly be a different model though.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I think it could work, if it is fro a highend phone, I have a galaxy S3 and it consumes a ridiculous amount of power. Sure it wouldn't last as long, but the amperage is there.

CentiZen,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think it could work, if it is fro a highend phone, I have a galaxy S3 and it consumes a ridiculous amount of power. Sure it wouldn't last as long, but the amperage is there.

Phones are not high-drain devices so I think it's likely the internal resistance would make them unsuitable. I haven't looked at them so I don't know what protection they might have, but there's another source of potential trouble.

satyrday

I like the new spring screen. I'm using it with my screen disc and airflow is plentiful. The funnel is cool too.

This is really one of the most efficient vapes I've come across. Not a fast vape, but it really stretches out a small load.

It is this kind of vape:
(gentle on my mind)

GMahler

I like the new spring screen. I'm using it with my screen disc and airflow is plentiful. The funnel is cool too.

This is really one of the most efficient vapes I've come across. Not a fast vape, but it really stretches out a small load.

I've had this vape for a couple days now and I have to disagree with you satyrday. This vape is not to be underestimated.

I actually over-roasted a little bit my first time. My theory is that I actually drew a little too slow (trombone player=breath control :p). This vape has the capability to cook your load from 'rare' to 'well-done'. There is definitely a learning curve to achieving this though.

Does anyone know if the Firewood straw is the same diameter as a MFLB? Found this online and was wondering if it might fit the Firewood.
http://www.1percent.com/magic-flight-vaporizer-waterpipe-adapter.html

GMahler,

satyrday

This vape has the capability to cook your load from 'rare' to 'well-done'. There is definitely a learning curve to achieving this though.
On this point I think we do agree. See my review from last Saturday, and some of my followup comments made on Sunday regarding the need for breath control.

I have other vapes that will cook to well-done a lot faster and in much greater quantities, e.g the FlashVape. But I like that the Firewood does it in slower motion and so efficiently. Sometimes I want that.

However, I won't say that my technique can't be improved or that it is better than yours. I'm sure it will improve over time. I still have yet to get huge clouds like I can with other vapes. Maybe you can? The Hammer is one with similar size loads that I can roast quickly for big billowing clouds. I just don't see the Firewood having that kind of power, but that is OK by me. I appreciate what it brings to the table.

satyrday,
Reactions: ShipDit

GMahler

It definitely can't produce the same types of clouds as my DBV. I think I misunderstood you earlier. I just didn't want anyone to think that the Firewood is underpowered in any way.

I enjoy the 'primal' feel of this vape and I think the slower-roasting adds to that.

GMahler,
Reactions: satyrday

Qbit

cannabanana
Nice to see things are purring along well here, Firewood - you and I have met before, though normally I know you as Vaporeng, and you know me as Bit_Chewy. Yeah, you can always trust the most excellent residents of FC to put new vapes through their paces. And it certainly seems to have got the big tick of approval. Very good, very good. Carry on.

Qbit,
Reactions: ogcook

firewood

Manufacturer
Nice to see things are purring along well here, Firewood - you and I have met before, though normally I know you as Vaporeng, and you know me as Bit_Chewy. Yeah, you can always trust the most excellent residents of FC to put new vapes through their paces. And it certainly seems to have got the big tick of approval. Very good, very good. Carry on.

Thanks for the support!

firewood,

Marcus Oller

OK, as promised I'm back with a review. I've had the firewood for a week or so now.
My background is one year of smoking, primarily from a hookah or a bong. I've never used a vape before purchasing and using the firewood, so I'm speaking from mild ignorance, but perhaps that's preferred for a few of you. Before using this I'd get annoyed with the frequent comparisons that meant nothing to an unexperienced smoker.

Design/Look/Feel: Amazing. I love the wood grain and it has a really nice weight and feel to it. It absolutely has a quality feel to it while also giving off a unique handmade type vibe. Very cool and several (non-smoking) friends have commented on how cool it looks. It also seems durable, this isn't something that seems like it's going to stop working or break anytime soon. I LOVE the magnet feature that holds the top piece on during smoking and moves over to loading position, such a cool idea.

Ease of Use: Very simple. The instructions that come with it honestly make it seem more complicated than it really is. There is some great advice though, specifically that it will take a few session to get comfortable with it (which is why I waited to review). Loading, unloading ABV, charging, and generally figuring it out is very easy. The whole product experience seems well thought out.

Battery/Switches: Seems OK, and time will tell. I probably went through 5-6 sessions on the first charge before realizing that on the last one, it was running a little cooler than normal. I think this is fine. Basically you can go on a weekend trip without needing to charge this baby, and that's good enough for me. Switches all seem well constructed and are working great.

The Smoke and Experience: First the negative.. the mouth piece gets pretty hot. It's actually a good indicator of "I'm about to over-cook and ruin this batch," but I'm not used to having a small hot glass tube in my mouth that feels like its almost going to burn my lips. I really don't think it could/would burn my lips, but it's hot. Would this keep me from buying again? Absolutely NOT. It's really the only small thing I could complain about, and it looks like several people are coming up with attachments to offset this.
Ok, now the good stuff. The vape tastes incredible. The first few draws are especially wonderful. Have you ever smelled weed in a jar or maybe pipe tobacco and thought, "I wish it actually tasted like that when I smoke it!".. well now it does, it tastes exactly like that and it's great. Such a nice distinctive taste between different strains. Towards the end of the session, you'll still get good flavor, but it's more of a toasted nut flavor mixed with herb.
There certainly are times that it's really easy to pull, and it seems like even with shaking the unit it gets a little harder to draw later in the session. It's not difficult by any means, in fact some of the better, thicker vapor comes when its a little harder to draw and you go with the long Ujjayi breathing..
My experience is that there is very little smoke, even later in the session. The whole vaping session is super smooth. I don't view this as a negative, but I did initially expect a bit more. The effects of this are slow to onset, but it feels much more controllable than smoking a j or a bong rip. For me, it actually removes some of stress of having a smoke before I go out, because I know exactly where I want to get so that I can still interact and have a blast with non-smoking friends. If you're asking, but will it get the job done? absolutely, and you'll be enjoying yourself for several minutes getting there. I loaded up back to back and that was more than enough for my tolerance; however, most nights I've done one session and it's a really pleasant mild effect that I'd choose 90% of time over getting stoned.
All in all I'd give this a big thumbs up and $120 well spent. I'm sure there are fancier metal/plastic-y models out there that could measurable perform better in lab tests etc, but I really like the simplicity and natural wood feel of this unit and I think it was absolutely a better choice than MFLB at a similar price point.

Vapzilla

I couldn't resist your sale on the unfinished vape... look forward to trying this out.

Me too, received it just this past Thursday. For a "unfinished" unit it gorgeous!
All it takes is a light sanding with 400 or so grit paper, added a few coats of beezwax and saved 40 bucks. The concept is both very simple and yet brilliant. Looks awesome too!
I've only used it a few times so far and have no complaints. Abv is coming out uniformly dark brown at each session.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
OK for anyone who wants one of these, get it!! I just got my unfinished one in today, gave it a full charge up, and first hit was great! Taste is very clean, and it wasn't difficult for me to figure out how to use in any way. I'd say the hardest part so far is just loading it. I'm sure I will get used to the design. I stuck a small bit of high temp 1/4" silicone tubing over the tip of the glass mouthpiece, and folded the end of the tubing over onto itself, doubling it up, and it makes a good connection with the Pinnacle Water Tool that I have! :tup: I also enjoy using it dry, it lets you get a good feel for how the temp is behaving. Taste is outstanding!! I got a nice even dark roast on my herbs. So far, no scorching. The size, at first glance does not seem as small and discrete as I normally prefer, but it fits really well in the palm, and the switch feels pretty natural to activate. It doesn't take very long to get it heated and giving good vapor, maybe 30 sec. from cold. Once it's warm, it only takes a few sec. to get back up to vaping temps. It does get warm around the window area, and side, but that is where the heater is, so it is to be expected. I noticed the tubing added a little extra weight to the stem/top so I added a rubber band to hold it down better. Over all, I am definitely happy with this one. Get that awesome deal on the unfinished while you can!

** QUESTION**
Is it safe to charge this in the car, using a 150w plug inverter?

another edit :D

I have been using this all evening, getting great results, and still have yet to run it down. I would say I've easily run 5 or so med. sized loads. I tried filling the chamber full once, and it seemed to be too much, so I have been loading about 2/3 full. My last round was a bit less just to see how far it would go, maybe half full. I am very pleased with this vape!

Edward Hyde

i ordered the unfinished one also but i couldnt purchase the beeswax cause they didnt have greece as shipping destination,i sent them an email and everything is fixed...

Edward Hyde,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

firewood

Manufacturer
** QUESTION**
Is it safe to charge this in the car, using a 150w plug inverter?

As long as you are using the charger that came with the unit, yes this should be fine. I have used mine in the outlet that is built in to my car, which is basically the same thing and it works just like a wall outlet.

p.s. thanks for the review!, glad you like it

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks for the fast reply. Yeah, it's the kind that looks like a wall outlet, takes 110 plug. That will be good for some of our summer outings.

I have to say I was very impressed, after my initial warm up, my first draw produced a pretty good cloud. I was expecting the usual water vapor/flavor hit I usually get at first. Guess I let it get pretty warm the first time, or maybe it was just the fresh charge making it run a bit warmer, it tapered down a bit after a few uses. I have a pretty good understanding on how to achieve good vapor, so I took right to this model, but I am a bit curious as to how big the learning curve will be for an inexperienced vaper. Any time a device has the potential to combust, I wonder how good it is to recommend to a newbie. I suppose there are 2 ways of looking at it, they will need to learn one way or another the difference between smoke and vapor, but should it be with their first device? On the other hand starting a person off with a model that will not combust at all, so they get a good experience every time, might be key in them giving up smoking. It's a tough choice. I see the firewood as being in the very easy to use category, but I am coming from a pretty thick vaping background. Tough call on that one. The reason I bring it up, is I do get asked these kinds of questions from time to time.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
^^sorry, can't edit^^

Here are some pics, and a vid. :D

You can see how uniform and brown the ABV is, not at all burned, and I don't see much if any green flakes. Also here's a pic of the tubing I added to the glass MP. It's high temp, food grade, soft silicone. The pic with the water tool, I do not just leave it sitting that way, I just wanted a pic showing it on top.

mvXoVao.jpg

iVJCNhk.jpg

gY5ac8Z.jpg

for the video, I gave the Firewood about a 20 sec pre-heat before I started.You'll see me touching the outside of the window area, I just like to check how warm it's getting before trying to hit it. First few hits are kind of light, but you sure do feel it. Once it's heated up, it just starts pumping out vapor until your load is spent. I use a bit of a pulse method once the chamber is warm, on the switch. Doesn't take long to get back up to vaping temp.

Top Bottom