Favourite Quotes

EveryDayAmnesiac

1iEdYoO.jpg

"Hey Lenny, can you get this Sugar Daddy off my back?"

-Homer Simpson

(I love quotes that are so randomly bizarre that they had probably never been spoken before)

Nooky72

Dog Marley
A couple of great quotes from one of my comedy heroes - Arj Barker

I never smoke grass and drive my car because, for one thing, no matter how many letters I write to the road commissions, they still refuse to start designing highways with second-chance exits.

I was troubled by the presence of a shoe museum because it forced me to ask a very burning question: would my body be able to physically survive the amount of dope I would need to smoke in order to visit a shoeseum?

:leaf::leaf::leaf:

Lemon Curry?

Have Bud, Will Travel
"Weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through timed of no weed" :D
- Freewheelin' Franklin from the Freak Bros comic :D

"Alley balls!"
- Homer's disgruntled moan when Marge doesn't want to take homer's bowling ball to the repair shop. I use this in everyday speech in similar situations, and if someone gets the reference it's just a bonus :D

Nooky72

Dog Marley
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

—Albert Einstein

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

—Mark Twain

Last edited by a moderator:

tuk

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
Mahatma Gandhi

The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum....

The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.

Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.

If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged.

It's not radical Islam that worries the US -- it's independence

For the powerful, crimes are those that others commit.

It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies.

Science is a bit like the joke about the drunk who is looking under a lamppost for a key that he has lost on the other side of the street, because that's where the light is. It has no other choice.

Noam Chomsky

KidFated.

Unknown Member
New Rule: If an Evangelical tries to use Halloween to pimp Jesus to kids, they get to egg his house. On Halloween, the president of the American Family Association urged his flock to hand out a Christian-based comic book instead of candy. Excuse me, Halloween isn't a time to push your beliefs. You don't see me handing out pot to kids...Okay, well not the little kids.-Bill Maher

grokit

well-worn member
Three ways of many;
reacting to current events:

"We are formed by the universe to be its consciousness.
We tell the world what it is."
~ Terry Pratchett

"We need to invest in people rather than exploit them as a commodity.
And to do this we must encourage cooperation over competition."
~ grokit

"This world is wholly evil. Seek Jesus and have faith."
~ Larry

I collect quotes randomly,
and found it interesting that these three were next to each other :whoa:

Last edited:

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
Here is a quote from Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (my favorite teacher) ;
"We grow up attaching ourselves to various beliefs, to a political party, a medical system, a religion, an opinion about how things should be. We pass through elementary school, high school, and maybe college, and in one sense every diploma is an award for developing a more sophisticated ignorance.

Education reinforces the habit of seeing the world through a certain lens. We can become an expert in an erroneous view, become very precise in our understanding, and relate to other experts. This can be the case also in philosophy, in which one learns detailed intellectual systems and develops the mind into a sharp instrument of inquiry. But until innate ignorance is penetrated, one is merely developing an acquired bias, not fundamental wisdom.

We become attached to even the smallest things: a particular brand of soap or our hair being cut in a certain fashion. On a grand scale, we develop religions, political systems, philosophies, psychologies, and sciences. But no one is born with the belief that it is wrong to eat beef or pork or that one philosophical system is right and the other in error or that this religion is true and that religion is false.

These must be learned. The allegiance to particular values is the result of cultural ignorance, but the propensity to accept limited views originates in the dualism that is the manifestation of innate ignorance.

This is not bad. It is just what is. Our attachments can lead to war but they also manifest as helpful technologies and different arts that are of great benefit to the world."

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Just because something is legal, doesn't make it right. Likewise, just because something is illegal, doesn't make it wrong.

The Kid to the K9 LEO after his first run in with the popo!

I OWNED that ignorant bastard.

Top Bottom