Favourite Quotes

arf777

No longer dogless
More Karl -
"The development of civilization and industry in general has always shown itself so active in the destruction of forests that everything that has been done for their conservation and production is completely insignificant in comparison." (Capital)

Just one of many quotes where he predicted (in places in great detail) the environmental crisis. And

"Social progress can be measured by the social position of the female sex." (Grundrisse)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
1238248_692507000795964_2747017782676372490_n.jpg
:clap:

basement farmer

My face is melting...
"Praise the darkness and creation unfinished."

"Why didn't God make a perfect world? He made it imperfect so we'd have something to do. Thank heavens the world isn't perfect because that gives each of us the chance to give our existence meaning."

basement farmer,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing...only I will remain."

Dune

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
"I would not kill my enemies, but I will make them get down on their knees. I will, I can, I must."

Maria Callas

Crohnie,

Gangee

Happiness consists in realizing it is all a great strange dream. - Jack Kerouac

"I shoulda stood in bed." - Joe Jacobs

I was reminded of the Kerouac quote in a book I just read and the Joe Jacobs quote is one of my favorites. I never realized how nicely they go together.
Nice,

Gangee,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
"The day I need a friend like you, I'll have myself a little squat and shit one out."

The Mist (2007)

Crohnie,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Up to now, the only person I strove to be better than, was myself!

Elizabeth, it seems, has just raised the bar
!!!!!

“I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.”
Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

Top Bottom