Fat Vap Pelican - Home Made Vaporizer :-)

noia025

Very High Quality
Hey this is my first topic & Post... so, Good Morning, lets Vap??

im without money to buy artistic pieces of work.
until the end of year i will got one VCB kit and a Real Pretty Bong ...
So i got some of my Lab apparatus to make my nicknamed FAT Pelican Vapo.

Sorry about the images big sizes, my fault...

here is the stash bowl and heat gun direct drive :), know as pelican neck, look at the bullet shaped brass screen attached forming a cone head in the pelican neck (3mm Lab Quality):

IMG_0120.jpg

Now the BIG 1L ice /water reservoir (5mm Lab quality glass):

IMG_0108-1.jpg

The FAT Pelican with a Broken Neck ready too Vap, the extension tube is one piece of acrilic tube attached , just waiting for the heat gun arrive at mailbox: This beast must be VERY effective its hard sealed with high density heat proof material and have all that Pimp Pelican Face, this will be tha bomb Vapo.. hahahahah LOL

IMG_0113-1.jpg

the last one:

IMG_0109-1.jpg

share your thoughts
this will be tha bomb??

all the best
great 2009 for all.

edit : more photos and a project continuation more ahead on the post

noia025,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cool, I love seeing DIY vapes! :cool:

I'm wondering if maybe a narrower piece where the acrylic is would provide a more balance airflow, but that's just a guess. If you can get a stainless steel screen instead of brass you might as well-- brass might be ok/safe, but might as well eliminate any doubt.

Heat guns definitely open up a lot of possibilities for homemade vapes. Been wanting one for a while. Which model did you get?

Thanks for posting this, let us know how she (he?) flies!

vtac,

noia025

Very High Quality
Bosch Professional GHG 630 DCE
its almost equal to the Stainel at Vriptech.com
but the lowest air flow possible is 5.2CFM instead of 3.6 CFM from the stainel,
but it should minimize herb oxidation when vaporizing with any one of this two heat guns.
It have an LCD for very precise Temperature control, included digital control for the fan too..

and Yeah i just attached to the acrylic another tube of a Very High Density polimer with a much more narrower air escape, yeah the air flow really enhanced with your idea! thanks ! a even pression and not so fast/speed hits...

when the gun arrive here i will be posting She in Action! this will be EPIC!!!
1/2 liter crushed ice ~1/2 liter air space to fulfill with high quality Vapor.

noia025,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Very creative Noia (I met a girl one from Thailand named Noai :D)

Where is the member who says "and now for something totally different..." :lol:

That Fat Pelican fucker (combustion-fucker ;) ) looks very promising (looks like you could fill a little :) or a lot :o ).

Could you please tell us what size the large GonG joint at the top of the FP is (and if/where you got it online)?

Danks.

PS: Njoy Ur trials with Ur creation when the HG arrives :cool:.

Progress,

noia025

Very High Quality
thanks people!!!!
@Progress

the gong big entrance has a Lab rubber lid with 2 holes(the holes have almost 0.8cm) and this rubber lid have from 31mm to 40 mm large (like an cone)to make a air tight seal, the glass have exactly 32 mm, the other hole where the Stash Bowl is Attached have (20 or 21 mm at the glass), so your plug there must have a cone shape,starting at 19 mm endind at 22 mm or slight more to fits perfect...

i have this material for at least 15 years, you can find this stuff at Lab Supplies Stores, because of the very high standarts quality used to make this lab glasses it must be somewhat expensive....this especific material im using is used for destilation processes on labs, or vacuum filtration/evaporation too.

Project Finish:
i made some changes now its more professional! with high quality materials...
i will post news photos of the finish version, i think no more changes will be made, with sure this is the best MJ apparatus i made :)totally air tight in the connections! using 90% Lab Connectors/materials.
Fat Pelican With a Arrow in her back heheheh
u got to hold it like you hold a Berimbau ( A capoeira Afro-Brasilian instrument), and its very comfortable to hold it,
i cant wait to the HG, i want so much fell the taste of a forced hot air vapo, will test some Marroc Hash on it when i have a chance, i hear vaporized hash is the bomb!!!

are this Vapo temperatures correct ?

Cannabis -------> 360 - 390 F / 182 -198 C

Hash--------------> 400 - 800 F/ 205 - 425 C ~

Herbal Blends--> 270 - 300 F/ 132 - 150 C~

PHOTOS of the new fat Pelican :

overview:
IMG_0125-1.jpg

Bowl/air shot entrance, note the air entrance for vapor shot have and glass broked pipe to leave the air stream away rom the rubber taste, a clean air stream was achieved here :)
IMG_0128.jpg

Stash Bowl scheme, from 0.3 to 1,5 full g:yeah from little to big very big
IMG_0130.jpg

Vapo Position, great isn't? :
IMG_0129.jpg

All the best !
talk soon

noia025,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
That's pretty cool, can someone explain to me how all the different tubes work? I'm a little confused as to the different uses of what appears to be an extra mouthpiece

stonemonkey55,

noia025

Very High Quality
hey stonemonkey55,

the one im with the finger is for air entrance for shot ( like a bong shot hole), the curved one at the front is where the stash stay and air gun attach ..it can be used with a silicon tube to a second person have a shot at the same time, i did not think that way..it could be really cool :)

the bigger one with extensions (the ugly one), is where you pull your hit!!

noia025,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
This is really fucking cool! I love DIY vaping!!! Can't wait to see how it works when you get your heatgun - should be a BEAST!

KeepCalm,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
NICE! Let me know how it works with the heat gun, I have one of the high end steinels myself. Also, if you want less airflow, you can always look at the heat injector by Herbo or the VHW by vriptech....

stonemonkey55,

noia025

Very High Quality
now im convinced that this baby will be the beast!! the air resistance at the stash bowl is very good when i blow trought it.

i was thinking, with not much change 3 person can have a hit at the same time without much trouble...
the project will have separated parts when friends are visiting they will be attached for multiple hit at once :)

sorry ask again:
are this Vapo temperatures correct ?

Cannabis -------> 360 - 390 F / 182 -198 C

Hash--------------> 400 - 800 F/ 205 - 425 C ~

Herbal Blends--> 270 - 300 F/ 132 - 150 C~

EDIT!
i will be using the gun because of the precision on a wide range o herbs oils etc...
the air flow of 5.2CFM will be a problem? a lot of air? again the resistance is very goos at the stash bowl
thanks !

noia025,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I like the cork stoppers, nice improvement. It does look like a beast!

Your temps are about right for cannabis. Hash is pressed trichomes, the temp required to vaporize them should be the same as cannabis. The important thing is to break it up so maximum surface area is exposed to the heat. Otherwise only the outside layer gets vaporized. 425 C is combustion territory, no? "Herbal blends" could be anything, there are some charts online. ex. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer#Table_of_vaporization_temperatures

the air flow of 5.2CFM will be a problem? a lot of air?
Only one way to find out. :brow:

vtac,

noia025

Very High Quality
thanks for the info on temperatures mate!

assuming the stainel 3.6CFM is good 5.2 will be good too..
but if this heat guns were just 0.01 to 0.1 CFM this is much better thinking about oxidization..

@smokemonkey55
VHW tool is VERY very good but 100-150 USD for a soldering iron with a glass scheme that isnt to accurate , but make no noise! i think is way overpriced... i mean very overpriced.. in reality this worth 75 USD if so.
and worth the 150USD just if it got some real accurate reading ...
but kudos for the low noise solution... someday when its price falls down i will buy one to vaporize at late am hours.

noia025,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
noia025 said:
VHW tool is VERY very good but 100-150 USD for a soldering iron with a glass scheme that isnt to accurate , but make no noise! i think is way overpriced... i mean very overpriced.. in reality this worth 75 USD if so.
and worth the 150USD just if it got some real accurate reading ...
I think the VHW is a pretty good deal for those that aren't so hot on DIY :2c:

KeepCalm,

noia025

Very High Quality
still overpriced for what is used as components...
But a really genius tool... :)

noia025,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Noia025 - I have always followed the philosophy that the best vaporizer is the one that you actually will use. With that said, I have had 3 different Steinels over the last 10 years, all being the uber high end with the super accurate thermal couple. I don't think I'm putting words in anyone's mouths here, but a digital readout or thermal couple is not needed to vaporize effectively. Is it more accurate than a rheostat? Definitely, but I don't think the difference is all that great performance wise. Many of the top vaporizers do not have a digital readout like the SSV and the PD, but perform very well.

I think making a general statement that the VHW is overpriced is a bit misleading. Sure I might be bias, but I think you can make that statement for just about every other vaporizer on the market. I for one, think it is the best bargain out there that produces the tastiest vapor hits, heat gun included. The VHWs aren't mass produced products and each heater cover is hand blown, when it is all said and done, if you count the amount of man hours that went into blowing one of these things, I think that might change your perspective on it being over priced. I mean the SSV is essentially a soldering iron housed in an aluminum casing that sells for 249 but I still see it as a bargain as the best analog based whip vape.

Anyhow, not trying to get this thread off track, just wanted to respectfully address some of your points. I was first introduced to a device called the Hot Glass when I was really using my Steinel, I couldn't believe something like this was outhitting my 300 dollar Steinel. Now with the VHW taking the Hot Glass concept to the next level, if you objectively do side by side comparisons, the VHW produces the more favorable results in terms of flavor and vapor density. I check the color of the ABV afterwards to make sure that I wasn't overcooking it to get these denser hits, but the color was very close (I know this isn't accurate but still gives me some idea of whether or not I am overvaping). I would definitley welcome a digital readout on the VHW, I just don't think it is necessary. The taste and quality of the vapor is more important to me than what a digital readout says but like my opening sentence in the first paragraph, the best vape is the one that YOU are most comfortable with and what YOU will ultimately use. If it's a heat gun, then the heat gun is best for you, same goes for bags, whips, and heat wands, its nice to have options!

stonemonkey55,

noia025

Very High Quality
thanks for clarifying... i know its blowed piece by piece, buti still think if a go to find the components and make one will be no more than 85 USD..sure with some adjustments to have it going with the setup im running.
but again is a revolutionary tool.... just the heat gun will serve many other proposes for be an multi-use tool and i need accuracy over a wide range of herbs, MJ,Hash,salvia etc etc ( with a readout is good for that), and im paying here at Brazil just 200 USD equivalence, for a multi tool.

the taste with the gun is far worst than with the VHW?
its a good thick shot ? or with the vhW we can get thicker shots?

thanks for all the info :)

noia025,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
The heat gun also has very good taste and you can definitely get a thick shot but the VHW produces the thicker shot for two reasons:

1. the seal between the vhw and the intake is a tighter seal than the heat gun with the heat gun specific instake (your scenario may be different)

2. the vhw is 100% lung powered, or vapor on demand is the term I read somewhere.

Both are very good options and since you will be using it for multi purposes, the heat gun is a very good choice! :tup:

stonemonkey55,

NoSmoke

Why would anyone vape Salvia? That's the most pointless drug on the planet, period.

NoSmoke,

noia025

Very High Quality
@Stonedmonkey55
thanks for the tips , i hope the gun fits perfect at my bowl here :)

@NoSmoke
each one with your interests in diferent plants... nothing against no plant in earth all of then have its qualities.
i love orchids too, we have 400+ species here at my home...
i love skunk plants , in fact i have 4 g-force 100% females growing like beasts :)

and salvia is a tool, only few know how to use it as a tool...i do not recommend it to anybody.
it have inumeral medicinal proprieties when used the right manner, like hungry and sleepy, better blood circulation and so on...
for meditation propouses its quite amazing, you just have to master the plant, the propouse of salvia isnt breaktrought like every kid on the block at USA is doing.

you can say salvia was never smoked at oaxaca mexico, and its extracted thing never done by mazatec indians.
marijuana wasnt smoked too in the begin of its use...like paper fibers etc.
and skunk with 25% + thc were never imaginable to happen at Holland at 2006/07.
in fact 10 years ago best skunk had just 5-7% thc... and Brasilian/Colombiam/Paraguayan best MJ just 2 or 3%.
now the things changed.

smoking salvia its a way better delivery sistem than chew a bunch of leaves..
i just smoke salvia when i really want to relax when stressed, 10 times a year if so.
if vaporized i dont get smoke and its better use of it.. and i ill use way less than im actually.
so just good points.

take caree!!

noia025,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Noia, I can't wait to hear how this fucker preforms once it is in action. Thank you for answering my ? about the size of the large GonG joint.

As far as the VHW goes, I am sure that it costs more than the total of the cost of its parts. However, on the other hand, it is probably fairly (very?) difficult for most people to cover a heating element (soldering iron or not) with glass that can withstand the heat of the heating element. Additionally, in relation to many (most?) vaporizers (Volcano, De-Verdamper, Herborizer, etc.) the VHW is fairly inexpensive (relatively...).

I am sure that the Fat Pelican will work very well (assuming all of the glass is made to withstand the heat it will be subjected to). I'd personally be interested replacing the corks, etc. in the set-up with more inert materials (glass, stainless steel, etc.). However, heat guns do rock :tup: (and not just for nostalgia's sake).

Progress,

noia025

Very High Quality
@progress
hahahahaha
yeah man i can't wait too
Wednesday the gun will be here i will post some photos
but the MJ i have here is good but darker green by nature...(Pressed MJ), sometime a light green pressed shows up,, and i cant wait to test with my g-force girls here...:), so the visual burn or not burn color effect will have not much to show here i think..we will see.

@sm55
i have some conversation with a eletrician friend and he tell me make one of this tools may be hard to do properly ...advice from a pro is aways good ...
so i will grab the VHM tool anytime soon...
i will still have the airgun for multipropouses...and i will use it when a lot of friends will use the apparatus just to not break the little thing, the gun i think is far more robust.
if the pre order still available i will get this. i think more correct the 100 Bucks price.

ty

noia025,

noia025

Very High Quality
NEW NAME FOR THE BEAST ,FAT HEAD PELICANO:brow:
the air gun is marvelous...i made some changes on the project ..and made 3 bags of food grade plastic...
for more people smoke..and of course not loose any vapor. I found the taste dont change with this bags im using:D.
total time to inflate a bowl with the kit cold, 3 min. AMAZING without force or big pulls just the gun inflating the baloon for us
i grind the equivalent of 1 mid sized joint and broke this in 4 piles of MJ.
i found i loose a lot of heat on my setup not 100% air tight with the gun...
because of this o have to put 50 Celcius more than normal to start any vapor.. after that HUUUUGE vapor clauds refrigerated by 1/2 L of ice...
1 bowl shot inflates a bag of 5 maybe 6 liters of very clean and lung light vapor clouds//...
the second bag taste a little popcorn, time to reffill this second hit isnt bad at all....

my stash ends brighter than original. i thin beacause the stash is a little moist.

2 bags of this baby send you to journey for 2 and a half hour...with not so good weed..:):ko:

photo.jpg

before inflate with vapor..
photo2.jpg

noia025,

noia025

Very High Quality
thanks i jst vaped this one on the photo ...
really high right now..

now i vap almost evrytime i will smoke... just the last one of the day is a joint in the paper...
i dont get used 100% yet to vapor..
tastes like hemp oil wiithout the harshnes of alchool extracts.

but hit my head like a real champ.

noia025,
Top Bottom