FakeXhale Cloud (Unauthorized and Unsupported)

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I don't own a Cloud and these people could start giving them away and I wouldn't touch one. Why? Because as @max already pointed out and @MacRadish's picture proves without a doubt, these are coming from the manufacturer that is in litigation with VXL. At first I thought they were dumping old stock but the unending supply makes me wonder whether they're still churning them out illegally.

Ask yourself why they would want to sell the Cloud+ at a price that means little or perhaps no profit. Hint: It's not to benefit you.

These would be profitable if they were VXL write-offs - either the components and/or as finished goods - which is what I suspect. Comments from VXL have implied (at least to me) that VXL lost inventory and finished goods in its dispute with the nefarious manufacturer.

When I checked the ebay link about a week ago there were "10 sold/10 available". Now there are "107 sold/10 available".

I smell a rat. I wouldn't be surprised if VXL takes some legal action. Aside from the sourcing issue, there is false advertising/representation as well (although the wording is cleverly designed to dodge that).

I can understand why someone would take the gamble, given such a low price. But for sure there should not be any crying if the unit craps out.

thesoloman

My original died a couple months back. Waiting on my Evo. But decided to order one and it arrived on the 12th. I paid $90, but I was the first purchase. Think he wanted some action. Worked perfectly out of the box.

Woke up this morning and its not heating up. Bad thing is I ordered 5 more for presents at $95.
Damn maybe my cloud is going right on craigslist

thesoloman,

poonman

I love Conspiracy theories ,
So I'll pose this question to you All .

So are we 100 % sure , that SM55;Troi; VXH ; have Nothing to do with this ' Unloading of old stock ' ?
There's NO warranty , it's buyer's beware .
There's no replacements or repairs ... no need contacting manufacturer . Who will know ?

We have not heard from them , advising us not to .
Now ...talk amongst yourselves .

marduk

daydreamer
My original died a couple months back. Waiting on my Evo. But decided to order one and it arrived on the 12th. I paid $90, but I was the first purchase. Think he wanted some action. Worked perfectly out of the box.

Woke up this morning and its not heating up. Bad thing is I ordered 5 more for presents at $95.

Ouch. Only 1 week of service has to be close to a record aside from DOA units. What was your usage like, how hot did you run it, did you leave it on between sessions or turn off and back on etc...?

jeff

How convenient ,
don't ya think ?
Not even an advisory , a tweet , a blog ?
Thru 3rd party ....

Just keeping it stirred .
You got a good point. The seller's locale says Detroit, the units oddly ship from pa. Hmm. Though sm seems straight up. I'd like to think he'd have used these to warranty folks or give people $100 clouds in exchange for his broken one.

I'm guessing sm still has some plus units but those are the ones being sold for full value on sites like puff it up. Which seems strange Randy is so careful about what he sells and customer satisfaction, I wonder what he plans to do if his customers units break.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
How convenient ,
don't ya think ?
Thru 3rd party ....

Troi was here on the second page of the thread and there was more input from those that have to do with producing the Cloud on the first day this thread was open but it was deleted hours after being posted.

max

Out to lunch

So are we 100 % sure , that SM55;Troi; VXH ; have Nothing to do with this ' Unloading of old stock ' ?
There's no replacements or repairs ... no need contacting manufacturer . Who will know ?

"We" includes an unknown number of people. Some of us are certainly 100% sure. If you think these $100 units being sold benefit VXL in any way, you're 100% wrong. The shipping label posted earlier by MacRadish does benefit them though.

jeff said:
Though sm seems straight up. I'd like to think he'd have used these to warranty folks or give people $100 clouds in exchange for his broken one.
VXL can't use these units. They don't have them since the split from the manufacturing contractor. Check the name and the company on Linkedin and it's spelled out that High Temp Industries does contract manufacturing.

I'm guessing sm still has some plus units but those are the ones being sold for full value on sites like puff it up.
Any units that authorized dealers are selling are ones they've had in stock for quite a while. All dealers still selling the non EVO model chose to sell out their stock at full price.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

You got a good point. The seller's locale says Detroit, the units oddly ship from pa. Hmm. Though sm seems straight up. I'd like to think he'd have used these to warranty folks or give people $100 clouds in exchange for his broken one.

I'm guessing sm still has some plus units but those are the ones being sold for full value on sites like puff it up. Which seems strange Randy is so careful about what he sells and customer satisfaction, I wonder what he plans to do if his customers units break.

:doh: :bang: :cuss: Did either of you even look at this picture?

25hjudx.jpg

That name, company name, and address all belong to the manufacturer that VXL is suing. If I wanted to start a conspiracy theory, I'd say someone who flies in the face of direct evidence to spread innuendo about VXL has to be working for High Temp Industries. :suspicious:

MacRadish

Of course, the approach is to first, contact seller, explain it died prematurely and work out either a replacement or refund. If that fails file a complaint with PayPal, PLEASE!!!

max

Out to lunch
Of course, the approach is to first, contact seller, explain it died prematurely and work out either a replacement or refund. If that fails file a complaint with PayPal, PLEASE!!!
You can try contacting the seller, but the auction says no warranty, no returns, no exchanges, and I'm not sure the eBay protection plan covers a product failure, especially if it's not DOA.

jeff

@pakalolo I saw the shipping label. I was not in on conspiracy theory. I was just stating it is odd that the E-bay seller page says detroit and they ship from PA. that is it. All of that is fact stuff.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

How convenient ,
don't ya think ?
Thru 3rd party ....

Don't mean to pile on, but we don't really need to talk about or stir these theories. There is 100% certainty that these are not VXL units, that VXL is not involved with the eBay selling in any way, that VXL has not authorized nor does it approve it, and that VXL is working the issue.

Last edited:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
So is it Cory sending them out or HTI sending them under his name? The plot thickens.

It makes me sick to think, as someone else mentioned, they could still be manufacturing the Cloud+s to fulfill these orders. Slapping them together as fast (and sloppy) as they can to make a quick buck. :mad:

tbill

You can try contacting the seller, but the auction says no warranty, no returns, no exchanges, and I'm not sure the eBay protection plan covers a product failure, especially if it's not DOA.

It's been a few months, but I sold a lot of stuff on Ebay and eventually stopped, as I saw Ebay's policy heavily favoring the buyer - (Ebay's buyer protection plan). It didn't matter if the seller said "no returns". I believe if the buyer simply said there was something wrong with the purchase within 45 days, they usually got their money back. And many times even before they returned the item!

MacRadish

Hmmmm, conterfeit clouds? One *thought* they were buying a VapeXhale Cloud as advertised but instead they received one made by an oven company, not supported at all by the Company whose name the listing throws around.

MacRadish,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

marduk

daydreamer
So is it Cory sending them out or HTI sending them under his name? The plot thickens.

It makes me sick to think, as someone else mentioned, they could still be manufacturing the Cloud+s to fulfill these orders. Slapping them together as fast (and sloppy) as they can to make a quick buck. :mad:

I don't think they would be making much at this price. Isn't it also possible that they had inventory (assembled Clouds and/or Cloud parts) that they already paid for and are trying to cut their losses by selling them off at cost, since Vapexhale has severed ties with them? 1400 Clouds is a lot of dead inventory. Just sayin'.

Top Bottom