FakeXhale Cloud (Unauthorized and Unsupported)

brucebannor

The Cheshire Cat
Fed Ex driver comes early so I hung around to get the Cloud+ before work today. Everything looks in good order but no ELBs; sort of nullifies the "oh I'll have a glass mouthpiece and extra ELBs for the EVO" but it's whatever. If you're still waiting, I wouldn't necessarily assume you'll get ELBs. Looks like I'll be playing around with some old EQ dome screens until VapeFiend sends my order.

brucebannor,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Rusty778

Getting Lost
Everything looks in good order but no ELBs

Did you really throughly go thorough all the bubble wrap? Just got my own unit and 3 ELBs were mixed loosely within the bubble wrap for the box. Not in a baggie or organized together in any way.

Although i'm sure the people that sent these units out don't mind cutting corners (like when they worked with VXL), and some boxes may come with none

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Just got my box from FedEx and I have not opened it yet (I'm at work) so I do not know if there are any ELB's in it yet. Funny thing I thought you guys would be interested in... On The shipping label the return address(the shipper) was blacked out with a marker.

brucebannor

The Cheshire Cat
Did you really throughly go thorough all the bubble wrap? Just got my own unit and 3 ELBs were mixed loosely within the bubble wrap for the box. Not in a baggie or organized together in any way.

Although i'm sure the people that sent these units out don't mind cutting corners (like when they worked with VXL), and some boxes may come with none

I figured that'd be the first question. :D I even opened the box in the middle of the floor anticipating they'd be loose from posts earlier in this thread. Mine came in a box, filled with peanuts. The Cloud+ was inside of another box, the only bubble wrap was around the mouthpiece. I'll quadruple check when I'm home because why not.. fairly certain though as I was already semi-aware they might come like that & I was pretty throughout.

The return address was also blacked out on mine. It was cleaner than I thought it'd be, just a small amount of dust on the bamboo.

brucebannor,

mmenzie

Well all I get to do is look at my cloud :( no ELB's in my box. And yes.... I dumped it out too to be sure. This sucks!!!!

mmenzie,

lwien

So some of these are coming with ELB's and some aren't?

Menzie, have you contacted the seller and requested some ELB's?

lwien,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Mine only came with one ELB in bubble wrap but others have gotten as much as three. This is the first time I've heard of none in the l box.

tranceporter,

mmenzie

no i did not. i am guessing since he blacked out the return address he will not responding to queries like that. i will say that he is getting less stars in his ebay feedback for sure

mmenzie,
Reactions: Kief

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

no i did not. i am guessing since he blacked out the return address he will not responding to queries like that. i will say that he is getting less stars in his ebay feedback for sure
Even back in the beginning, before he was blacking out addresses, he was telling those asking that it did not include ELBs...
Just a heads up to those that decided to roll the dice:

I just talked to the seller, and these DO NOT include ELBs.
I can't say for certain, but I was told by someone else who just bought one of these Clouds from this eBay seller, that it came with '3 Large screens/bowls, and 3 Small screens/bowls,' by which I can only imagine they were talking about ELBs. So, it seems as though they are coming with ELBs...possibly.
I talked to him on the phone, and asked if he had opened up the packages. He said yes, and that there was the unit with cord, and the glass mouthpiece, nothing else. I asked if there were any screen type bowls, and he said no, but you can buy them elsewhere. He seemed to know what he was talking about, so I took him at his word.
Received mine today. Came with 3 ELBs with caps.
Got the Cloud + in today. 3 ELBs included. Cleaned her up and she's warming now.....
One of my friends got his today. He got 3 sets of ELBs. I will get mine delivered tomorrow and of course update.

For anyone who didn't get any or got less than 3..... They're under all the packges just in bubble wrap and are apparently easy to miss. Check again and less us know if you have'nt thrown all the boxes out?
I got mine with 3 ELBs

It's gone back and forth. As you can see above, several people have got their unit with 3 elbs, there are other posts in the thread indicating users received less than 3, or even no ELBs/caps. Kind of too bad there is no consistency, but what can we expect from this anyhow? I'm surprised there aren't more dead yet or doa.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Had an idea on how to heat the Ceramic Core. What if you used a digital heat gun, mounted and pointed at the ceramic heater. Use a laser meat thermometer to check surface temp... before trying any soldering? Anyone have any thoughts?

This is how I am planning on curing my conductive epoxy, but I thought it might work for the solder fix as well if one wanted to go that route.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
i havent got to try mine so that is still a possibility
I never said I'm surprised there haven't been any; I'm surprised there aren't more. I mean, like a lot...not a few here or there. But, who knows. There are clearly more out there than what we're seeing in this thread. Here's wishing yours works like mine...haven't used my OG since this arrived. I miss it a bit, in several aspects...but the + has improved over it in others than I'm enjoying. A nice change of pace, pre-EVO.

Speaking of which, it's been about 25 minutes since I turned it on, and my HC is all clean...

Last edited:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
i hope mine works too... just need an ELB's to find out for sure
Here's a post I wrote, mostly copied from PM's I sent to another member, explaining some Cloud stuff for first time owners, as well as some tips for diagnosing a unit. This post also includes pictures of the OG Cloud instruction manual for reference, and some other useful info.

When @Hypno vaper received his unit, we PM'd a bit, as I was curious if it was legit, etc. I realized he had no Cloud experience, and gave him the following tips for diagnosing the unit to see if it worked, etc. In case anyone else here is unexperienced with these vapes, below is the info that should help you determine if your Cloud is working as it should, and how to get up and running with it. All of this, and much more, can be found in the Cloud threads. Have fun! Good luck!

-----
Diagnosing and using your new Cloud +
-----

When turned on, the light may or may not flash a pattern, but should essentially go red after turning it on, and stay red, to signify it's heating up. My OG ticker, when turned on flashes a combo of red and green, then goes to solid red signifying heat. @Hypno vaper's unit from this eBay deal seems to go straight to red when turned on. Either would be considered normal!

After several minutes (probably not too long depending on the temp dial setting) you should see it go green. The Cloud + has been said to "go green" a little sooner than it should, so I wouldn't expect the inner metal shell to feel warm/hot as soon as it goes green, especially below the 12/noon setting. @Hypno vaper's unit went green at the noon setting after ~1 minute, and it took an additional minute to make the jump from 12noon to 1pm.

If it were me, I would turn it on, with the temp knob set around the middle (12/noon) or a little higher, and wait for it to go green, and maybe even wait a little longer. Then I would feel for heat on the inner (silver) enclosure, especially on the top where it says HOT. I tap the top of my OG ticker where it says HOT with my finger to feel the temp occasionally...it's very hot there, but probably not quite so much in the cloud Plus...but it should be very very noticeably warm there. I'd also take a test inhale through the dry mouthpiece, with an empty ELB inserted (if you have any) and feel the ELB and glass on glass joints on the mouthpiece and the Clouds male joint, all to check for warmth.

If it is warm in those places when it's green, it's a fairly safe bet this thing is gonna work.
Here are some answers/tips.

The smell is most actually not coming from the hole (glass tube is referred to as a "Bamboo") as this tube is completely sealed from the rest of the unit, and goes straight through (you can confirm this with the unit off, plugging the bottom of the bamboo with one hand, and inhaling through the top...you should feel a suction against your hand, showing the bamboo is solid. This smell is somewhat common, and comes from either the inside electronics/heater, or something on the metal, etc. Run it for an hour or two at 12/1 and maybe even position a fan towards it...the smell should dissipate.

As for the lack of manual...here are a couple cell phone pics of the original manual...
11Tk7gs.jpg

ekXDruC.jpg

As for using the ELBs. An Ez-Load-Bowl consists of one of the small screens, and one of the large ones. You will notice that a small one can be inserted into a large one, as a cap. This is how they work. You load as little or as much (I'd recommend around 1/3 full-1/2 full) of finely ground dry flower into the large bowl, and insert the small cap into it. Then you insert the bowl into the Cloud. After time (several several uses) the ELBs will be easier to insert/remove, as the metal softens and they become "trained."

Yes, they are hot, but most find that you get used to it, and it's not as hot as it seems. I use my finger tips/nails to remove the bowl, and set it down for a moment or two to cool down, before emptying it. turning off the unit won't let the bowl cool down quick at all, it's easier to just remove it.

The glass bamboo is kind of adjustable. It is meant to move just a little so it doesn't do what it's doing now, hitting the table. Hold the Cloud in one hand, and firmly, but carefully, push the bamboo up with the palm of your hand, just a little bit. If it's actually just really really close to the table, you don't need to adjust it, but I personally like it a little ways away from the table.

-------------------------

Also, when it comes to actually vaping, definitely wait around 3-7 minutes before using it, after it goes green...if it's going green around 1 minute, IIRC it's acting like many of the Cloud +'s did, and you will get less than great vape results at that time. It's recommended to wait around 5-8 minutes or more for it to actually heat up from cold.
Link

darkrom

Great Scott!
VapeXhale does not authorize, support, or warrant the vaporizers in this listing. We are in no way affiliated nor do we profit or benefit from the sale of these units.

Thats why I bought my evo :)

This is just a gamble to hold me over. I'll be happy if it lasts at least until the evo shows up in the mail.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
VapeXhale does not authorize, support, or warrant the vaporizers in this listing. We are in no way affiliated nor do we profit or benefit from the sale of these units.

Hmm. So could these be classified as "counterfeits"?

Stonemonkey, I don't expect you to answer due to your pending litigation, just throwing some chum out there to the shark tank.

Mister G,

exit

Guys I have been getting lots of PMs about receiving no ELBs, hope y ou didn't throw out the packing materials becuase they're in the tiniest piece of bubble wrap ever. I missed them first two times around. Had to pour out all the packing peanuts andsift among them.

That said if you want or need any of my spare ELBs im almost out of spares. Happy to part out those 3 packs for y'all but Im gonna need to get more just for myself soon! :o

Last edited:
Top Bottom