FakeXhale Cloud (Unauthorized and Unsupported)

Hutch118

Man this fucking sucks. I just got my cloud today and a family member went to use it and blew instead of inhaling.....I mean how the fuck does someone do that? My glass is cracked at the ceramic.
Same happened to me... I was able to completely break the old glass out of the creamic then clean up with a wire brush (dremel helped). Then I had a glass artist fuse the remaining unbroken bottom to an 18mm joint

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

Same happened to me... I was able to completely break the old glass out of the creamic then clean up with a wire brush (dremel helped). Then I had a glass artist fuse the remaining unbroken bottom to an 18mm joint.
095B26E511DB1796178761B2A8B91159
Picture did not come out. Anyway you can post the link? And id assume the work cost you at least $100?

olivianewtonjohn,

olivianewtonjohn

Yes mine has the restrictions. That might be post repair pic. Anyways those of you who bought this can be happy because the wires are on securely IMO. Can't tell if it's welded underneath but over the wires there is some sort of cement like material. Not sure if this is a vapexhale design or the ebay ones. Pics incoming after work

EDIT:

Seller might help me out, we will see what happens

Last edited:

2 Paces

Got my chandelier today. If anyone is looking for an easy way to hold it upright, I found that a beer bottle coozy works well. It isn't extremely stable, but it's not bad for something I just had lying around. It stays upright even if you knock it around a bit. If you don't zip it up it stays put but you can easily slide it in and out with one hand. (that sounds bad :p)

PICT1356.jpg

2 Paces,
Reactions: Tstat

olivianewtonjohn

Same happened to me... I was able to completely break the old glass out of the creamic then clean up with a wire brush (dremel helped). Then I had a glass artist fuse the remaining unbroken bottom to an 18mm joint.
095B26E511DB1796178761B2A8B91159
Could you please let us know if yours was simply welded or reinforced at the heater wire ceramic connection? By reinforced was there a grey substance over the connection

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: Teedub

Hutch118

Not the OP but here it is.

Xg1nlot.jpg

I thought I was looking at broken glass, but I just realized its from the white heat insulation.
Lol thanks for properly posting my pic for me. The glass repair was $20. you loose the epoxy holding the glass to the ceramic so I improvised by wrapping fiberglass mat around the glass and sliding it into the element. Works about 90% as good as it did.

Last edited:

Hutch118

Could you please let us know if yours was simply welded or reinforced at the heater wire ceramic connection? By reinforced was there a grey substance over the connection
Substance is actually blue kinda ceramic feeling. I got a second one also from eBay and it used a brown epoxy shitloads of it. Something f-ed up on my brown epoxy one last night and it went full open on the heater glass became red hot thermocouple that I put inside registered 1100-F ! :/ still working though.

Last edited:
Hutch118,
Reactions: wisherly

olivianewtonjohn

Substance is actually blue kinda ceramic feeling. I got a second one also from eBay and it used a brown epoxy shitloads of it. Something f-ed up on my brown epoxy one last night and it went full open on the heater glass became red hot :/ still working though.
Odd I'll get pics up tonight. My eBay one definitely has grey cement not brown epoxy.

olivianewtonjohn,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Lol thanks for posting my pic for me.

You're welcome. Hoped you didn't care.

Something f-ed up on my brown epoxy one last night and it went full open on the heater glass became red hot :/ still working though.

An ebay fauxcloud did that? That's scary. :whoa:

So the power lead to the heater is secured via epoxy?

And you can remove the ceramic heater from the bamboo?

Edit: We need more pics. :D

olivianewtonjohn

My ceramic heater is cemented to the bamboo, only way to get it out is to get that substance to let go (water might work) or to break it out maybe with a dremel

olivianewtonjohn,

Hutch118

Edit: We need more pics. :D

Yes the power lead is secured with epoxy one blue one (second unit) brown and grainy both eBay cloud. Think I may have shorted the cloud thermocouple to the frame but IDK.

Hutch118,

Hutch118

My ceramic heater is cemented to the bamboo, only way to get it out is to get that substance to let go (water might work) or to break it out maybe with a dremel

I diamond bladed off the undamaged section to reattach an 18mm joint to. I used skinny pliers dental scraper and finally a dremel steel brush to get the old glass and epoxy off. I lost two restriction points so it didn't work well so I dropped a glass one hitter bat inside and it works/restricts pretty well. You just need turbulence so the air doesn't go straight through.

Last edited:
Hutch118,

swahvay

Just got mine today... no ELBs made me a sad panda. Gonna order some I guess and check LHS for EQ screens.

Did a slight burn in for fabled chemical smell.

swahvay,

Kaptan

Just received mine today as well. Like everyone else recently, no elbs included.
Sorry if its been covered, but how are EQ elbow screens used?
I had one elbow screen so I just put about .1 in there and domed a .5 in screen inward towards the herb, put the cloud at 2, and got a huge cloud.
The glass bamboo and my bubbler at the joint got very hot after 10 minutes. Is this normal?
Or a result of the elbow and screen used incorrectly?

olivianewtonjohn

FYI if anyone of you guys bought a VB WT during the black friday deal, you can use the metal mesh from the VB adapter to make a ghetto ELB. Then for a cap you will have to figure out something; my method was I bent another screen to go on top then I put another screen on top thats flat but a tiny bit too big 1/2" to hold it all together. The bowl I left in the joint and just carefully scoop flower in

Plugged in my FakeXhale and turnt it to max. That chemical smell sort of smells like solder to me.

Waiting for my better half to return before I give it a shot...I managed to scrounge up some Sour Diesel (haven't been able to find any in the area for the past few months...). Also got some Sugar Cookies (Girl Scout x SFV OG) ready to go.

Will report back...

...probably tomorrow ;)

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Yes. That's a good sign. I swear there are resin stains baked to the top of my bubbler because of this.

Another benefit of the Cloud buddy, keeps the heat away from your precious glass.
I am using my PV MegaShot (Cloud buddy) upside down for with the Simba frit, creates a perfect seal for more milk. I was getting too much air in the vapour path without the adaptor.

11349488663_40543a79bf.jpg

Last edited:
I'll need to re-read parts of the cloud thread for peoples' experiences with setting the heat. I was putting it to 1-1:30. It was so good with the chandelier! No resistance, lots of diffusion. Sweet.

I can confidently say that was the highest I've been in like forever. I swear to you I had open-eye visuals.

Packed about a 1/3rd bowl, hit the Cloud, and watched all of the Beyoncé music videos (highly recommended!)

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
You guys with the Chandelier... has anyone tried removing the label? I have a feeling I'm going to love the tube, but that label... :shrug:

Top Bottom