Fake Purple Days on Ebay - "Better Days"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
you can just stick a light bulb or even better a soldering iron into the wall socket and inhale. that ought to get you a little high.... or something.

jeffp,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Bend a coathanger and stick some metal door screen mesh around it. Plug the two metal probes of the coathanger into an electrical socket.
DIY supersized version of the Launchbox.

mattybass,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
I for one greatly enjoy reading posts of people who have obviously taken the high road on this issue.

sneezyjesus,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
mattybass said:
Bend a coathanger and stick some metal door screen mesh around it. Plug the two metal probes of the coathanger into an electrical socket.
DIY supersized version of the Launchbox.
I've had varying success with this method. Better, in fact much better to put just a little ground bud on your tongue in the center and stick your tongue into the wall socket.
Very efficient - two loads and you're tripping.

brylcreem-grooms.jpg

jeffp,

AreaFour20

Hello All,

I fell victim to the false advertising on this ebay fraud and laid down my extremely hard earned money!
I thought, awesome, I am so lucky to have been ably to purchase a Purple Days Vaporizer, as advertised, without the wait!
I was checking on my purchase the next day and discovered these questions on it's originality. Whether or not this was an actual PD Vaporizer.
To my horror, I discovered that I had fallen victim to a scam.
Had this person taken the honest way in his approach to marketing, I would never have purchased it.
To his credit he refunded my payment.

After perusing these threads and reading about Tom and Pammy and how they made the PD with thought and care to your health, I knew this was the vaporizer for me. They are like me who care what they do to our world and what they put into it. Honesty is one of those ingredients. It will help make you successful when it is an integral part of your business.

My apologies that my introduction to the forum is on a negative theme.
SO on a more positive note, I purchased the Pandora kit from Tom and Pammy at Purple Days.
Their instant, kind "thank you" was proof to me I had done the right thing.

AreaFour20,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
welcome to the forum! btw, that was a great first post...giving us all feedback on something we hadn't messed with yet...thanks!

stickstones,

ChronicVapeShop

This is NOT a Purple Days Vaporizer and labeling your product as such is false and misleading advertising. See the following: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3136
I received this question on Ebay and wanted to clear things up. If you read my listing I am only using Purple Days as a key term so people looking for Purple Days can see there is an alternative to waiting 6 months. After all that's why they are on Ebay looking for a Purple Days in the first place right. I am in no way implying this is a Purple Days. When my listing was first put up it was a little confusing and I apologies to AreaFour20 for the inconvenience. On another note I offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee so there is no gamble on these. I have sold 43 of them and not one has been sent back.

I am looking for a couple people on this forum to do an honest review of my product. If you have the right experience I will send you one at a discounted price. After the review, if you want you can send it back for a refund.

I am also looking for some people to test a new power supply I have designed that will let you adjust the temperature.

If anyone is interested you can contact me

Once again sorry for any confusion.
Thanks, Chronic Vape Shop

ChronicVapeShop,

lwien

I was wondering how long it would take you to get back to us. The quote you quoted above is mine, and was a statement/question that I made on Ebay, and I stand by what I said. The headline on the vape, in BOLD type says, "Purple Days Vaporizer", and again, like I said in my quote above where I linked this site, that is false and misleading, regardless of the qualifiers stated in the MUCH smaller, non-bolded print.

"I am in no way implying this is a Purple Days."----chronicvapeshop. Now THAT statement kind of wraps this whole thing up, eh. :rolleyes:

(SS, I had my cookies baked and ready to go, but then I thought.........fuck it. ;) )

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't like the horseshit first post asking if anyone has tried these out. We're a tough crowd here and that's a poor first step in these parts. Vape manufacturers can come here and start a thread on their model and it will get proven as good or not. But guerilla marketing tactics suck.

Also, duplicate accounts are not allowed. I'm going to close the smokenjoe50 account and you can operate on chronicvapeshop and we will see how things go.

stickstones,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Glad you got your money back! The PD is a great vaporizer, so far there are two known ripoffs of the PD - the "happy days" and the "woodeze' - doesn't even matter to me if these vapes work OK or not, it's just bad energy.

jeffp,

lwien

jeffp said:
Glad you got your money back! The PD is a great vaporizer, so far there are two known ripoffs of the PD - the "happy days" and the "woodeze' - doesn't even matter to me if these vapes work OK or not, it's just bad energy.
Yup, especially when you see the bullshit marketing tactics that were employed when both of these vapes were introduced, ie, using a pic of a PD to promote a vape that is not a PD, stating that initially you made vapes for friends when in fact the marketing site was put up way before that statement was made, and now, headlining "Purple Days Vaporizer" on a vaporizer that is not a Purple Days.

Guess my public displeasure is because of my past transgressions as a VP of Marketing, that I'm trying to atone for my past sins... ;) .

lwien,

Mckdenton

i bought a pdp, got it put it together. and i love it.

This morning a ordered one of these.
The "guerilla marketing tactics" are something I am not too fond of.
but the free market is what makes shit tick.

Mckdenton,

lwien

The question that one has to ask, Mckdenton, is if a manufacturer will succumb to these kinds of tactics, which is basically, misleading their potential customers on Ebay, as well us here with his initial post, doesn't it make you wonder how these units were put together and if you can really trust anything that this persons says?

This guy not only ripped off the design, but also ripped off the name and the "talking points":
These are made with Cherry hard wood and 304 aircraft grade stainless steel heat exchanger. All electrical parts are lead free and rohs compliant. The Better Days comes with a 3 year warantee.

And then, to add insult to injury, he states, "This is the best vaporizer on the market." when the TRUE answer is really................No it's not.

I have a question for ChronicVapeShop.

Please tell us why your vaporizer is better than an:
Aromed
Volcano
SSV
Zephyr Ion
Extreme
VripTech
etc, etc, etc.

The FACT is, is that the PD type design is a great vape, but to say that your "copy" is the best vaporizer on the market without qualifying what it is best at, is a total falsehood, unless of course, you can provide input to the comparisons of the other vapes that I mentioned above.

(maybe I should bake some cookies............)

lwien,

AreaFour20

stickstones said:
^^^
welcome to the forum! btw, that was a great first post...giving us all feedback on something we hadn't messed with yet...thanks!
Thank you Stikstones!
grin49.jpg

This is an awesome place to hang out and I'm glad to be here.

AreaFour20,

Mckdenton

lwien said:
The question that one has to ask, Mckdenton, is if a manufacturer will succumb to these kinds of tactics, which is basically, misleading their potential customers, doesn't it make you wonder how these units were put together and if you can really trust anything that this persons says?
You make a very valid point there lwien. But i am not gonna lie. after getting my PDP the idea of making a buck off this simple design did cross my mind. I bet this fello was kind nervous about introducing his vape here on account of people kind of attacking him. so he tried to be sneaky about it. which backfired. I know i didnt answer your question nor can i give you a better answer than I hope I can trust the building techniques of this fello.

Mckdenton,

AreaFour20

jeffp said:
Thanks for the kind words jeffp.
You are absolutely right about the bad energy!

lwien said:
The question that one has to ask, Mckdenton, is if a manufacturer will succumb to these kinds of tactics, which is basically, misleading their potential customers as well us here with his initial post, doesn't it make you wonder how these units were put together
That was my initial reaction as I am concerned about my health. Being a 40 year veteran of this pursuit and how combustion makes me cough so much. Now, I want only the best for my lungs.
I have little time and money to be deceived by an adolescent marketing plan.:peace:

AreaFour20,

lwien

AreaFour, first, welcome aboard. And secondly, giving us your initial experience with this is valuable to us all. Thanks again..........

lwien,

AreaFour20

lwein,
You are welcome and thank you.:)

When a person starts out with an endeavor, especially in business, it is always a good idea to research the market and find out what everybody loves and aim for that.
It does not mean, however, to take another's good design ideas (and hard work) and copy it.
That shows no creativity.
You don't have to reinvent the wheel, just make it better. But do make it different.

When I'm in a place like a museum or a crafts show, I'm always saying to myself "I can do that,
Oh, I can make that!" but do I? No. Because it takes a lot of hard work and countless hours of sweat and concern. Not to mention study.

It's this lack of effort and study that produces the copycats and not the inventors. So when one rips off another's design he does a complete injustice to the guy who put in the time.

I can never respect this.
If one wants to do it better, based on what's gone before, then great!

This is a painful lesson but if taken to heart, a very important stumbling block to success.

I'm done...:2c:
:peace:

AreaFour20,

Purple-Days

As of 4:25 PM Pacific, today
fkzk35.jpg

This is how Joe's E-Bay add reads.

Joe R. you say, "I am only using Purple Days as a key term so people looking for Purple Days ..." I call Bullshit. :2c:

This is no simple mistake of keywords. His product description, reads "Purple Days Vaporizer".

I have asked Joe R. to remove the label 'Purple Days Vaporizer', but he came up with the excuse that it was not possible to change it. So I suggested he remove the add altogether and start a new add as Better Days. But that doesn't seem to suit his needs and the item remains labeled as a "Purple Days Vaporizer".

Believe me I know who this fellow is. That's why I called him out as SmokenJoe50 .

Joe R. , when you parade around here, on FuckCombustion, with a first post that is deceptive, pretending to be a casual vapist, who just happened to find this amazing product on E-Bay, and call your product a Purple Days, well Joe R. , you seem to lack any integrity. Interesting considering your line of work. I would think folks would need to trust you, but you seem more used car salesman than used ___ _____ salesman.

Joe R. , it seems you have proven, that you cannot be trusted. You tried to deceive these folks. That's quite obvious. Your current product title on E-Bay is deceptive. Can these folks ever trust you?

Then you seem to have opened multiple accounts here. Another item of suspicion ? Banned as SmokenJoe50. Shame on you. :disgust:

Joe R. , what will you be telling us nex? Can we ever believe you? About anything?

Joe R. I gave you a chance to make things right. I even said we would wish you well if you stopped using the Purple Days name in your product title. You haven't. And now come on here to make excuses for your behavior. Bullshit.

To any others who want to make this style vape. Go for it. Just don't come on FuckCombustion trying to deceive folks. And have a little self respect, don't call it a Purple Days. And don't try to deceive folks about some 6 month wait (an exaggeration and a thing of the past). Or tell folks that we can't send Purple Days to Florida...

Joe R. , I think these fine folks get the picture of exactly who you are.

Edit: Oh, BTW Joe R's Pandora Kit was sent out on April 19, so even at max effort he has had, 6 weeks to get his production up and going. 6 x 7 =42 days and he says he has sold 43 units and none have come back. Well, I suppose Joe R. , you think we are stupid too? That was obvious when you made your first post. Oh and why does the sales total say 5 not 43? Come on... :hmm:

Joe R. you just don't seem up to conducting an honest business, based on what we see here.

Purple-Days,

lwien

To me, Tom, it's all about integrity. Does one want to do business with someone that has it, or someone who doesn't? For me, and for some others, the answer is plainly obvious.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

He doesn't want to remove it because he is making money, when I made my post on the first page he had sold 2 units and now at the time of this post he is up to 5, he knows if he changes the add he probably wont sell many.

stinkmeaner,

Purple-Days

Hmmm. These and other interesting items are available to view in his positive feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300429325175
"Up for sale is my purple days vaporizer. This is the best vaporizer on the market. Included with this sale is a wall adapter and 2 new never used vape tubes. Vaporizer is in perfect condition and looks new. It's only a couple weeks old."

As you can see it bears the Pandora trademark logo (that's what the tm stands for Joe R.) and is a kit built Pandora, not a Purple Days as represented. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300429934560
"Up for sale is a new purple days vaporizer. This is the best vaporizer on the market."

This time the logo area is hidden from view. Is it a Purple Days? No.

43 sold and zero returns = 2 positive feedbacks on units he sold as used or new Purple Days. The evidence is stacking up Joe R. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370342834886
Elk Leather? Originality points? :rolleyes:

Purple-Days,

stinkmeaner

This was premeditated vaporizer counterfeiting, just look at his name Chronicvapeshop. I bet he probably had the intention all along to make copy the PD when he ordered the Pandora.

stinkmeaner,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom