1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Fake News

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by OldNewbie, Feb 16, 2018.

1. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Madri-Gal and OldNewbie like this.
  2. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

Awesome! site! I like the 80's Bat Boy! feel to it! It certainly seems a reasoned! perspective! on the news!

[​IMG]

Edit:
    After reading a few stories, I'm uncertain as to why they do the graphical nonsense. Without taking a position on the stories themselves, it seems to me they are at least legitimately trying to get things right.

Madri-Gal, pxl_jockey and macbill like this.
  3. OldNewbie

macbill likes this.
  4. OldNewbie

5. OldNewbie

I suspect this is a bot "news" item.

There was a battery at Berkeley a few days ago where a person punched an activist. The person was arrested. If you search for five things and the person's name, you'll see similar "writing" in many places. The interesting thing is, READ the article. Not for the facts, but for the syntax. Even the portions within quotes, where the article quotes people who certainly have a high level of education, the grammatical and syntactical errors are rife.

https://dvdclip.com/zachary-greenberg-5-quick-info-you-have-to-know/

An example:
    The College additionally confirmed, the assertion mentioned, that “the sufferer shouldn’t be a pupil at, or affiliate of, the College, and had joined members of a pupil group as a member of an advocacy coaching program.”

“The truth that the sufferer was not a campus affiliate has no bearing on this case. He had each proper to be on campus, and each proper to specific his viewpoint,” mentioned campus spokesperson Dan Mogulof.​

Madri-Gal, gangababa, Summer and 2 others like this.
  6. OldNewbie

I don't vouch for the tool, but, here's a site that purports to help guide people on what "news" follows good journalistic process.

https://www.newsguardtech.com/

It give you a guide on your browser if you like; and, you can vote how right it is.

His_Highness, Madri-Gal and macbill like this.
  7. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors