extreme in whip mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
hey guys, I have an extreme and am very happy with it in bag mode. I have not been able to get good usage out of the whip mode. Can someone offer any tips to get better efficiency in whip mode? Temp, draw speed, etc etc? Thx in advanced!

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The whip takes patience and practice...the bag is a no brainer.

I use the same temps for both whip and bag.

You will need to play with how fast or slow you draw. New bowls can take a faster draw. Once it is vaped some it takes a slower draw because it needs a higher temp to still get vapor. In the end, just keep trying and be patient. It took me a while to get the whip working well, and sometimes it still doesn't get vapor hits as thick as the bag. It's all in the draw!

I keep going back and forth between which one I like better. Right now I am back on the bagwagon, and it is definitely more efficient using the bag over the whip with the Extreme.

stickstones,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I find that no matter how slow I draw, I end up sucking some of the plant matter into the upper screen which prevents proper vapor flow. I've found that the assisted hits with the fan work pretty good but I still haven't mastered the vapor on demand function.

stonemonkey55,

eLiguL

I have a 3rd gen Extreme(260C max temp) and comparing it to my VaporCannon(VC) (whip mode only), I think I would have to say the better hits came from my VC. Im not sure what it is but there is definitely a difference in the vapor quality between the two.

The Extreme has a large ceramic heating element with a very small hole going through it. My VC had a very thin ceramic rod heating element. I would have to say that my VC has better airflow because of the way the whip/whip holder is positioned. There was never an airflow blockage like I get with my Extreme (herb getting caught in the top screen). Maybe if I could somehow create a cone shaped mesh that would keep the plant matter out of the mesh and still allow ample airflow.

eLiguL,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't have experience with other whip models, but don't they all have this problem? vtac has put some photos up of his screens from his ssv that are seriously choked up.

stickstones,

eLiguL

I cant comment on the SSV because I dont own one nor have I seen one in person.

My VC's whip has a rather large airway and nothing would ever block it. The plant matter never got in the way because the whip is on a 45 degree tilt. The manufacturer suggest loading the whip by blocking the air path with plant matter and then lightly packing it down. I noticed after my first drag that the plant matter always fell off of the screen and into a pile.

eLiguL,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Stickstones, love your avatar btw...yes, screens get clogged in all other whip type vapes but I think since that particular screen on the extreme is small as it is, that really limits the airflow. I've pretty much given up on "vapor on demand" and have been using the shooter or bag option. I'm actually really like just turning on the fan and getting consistent vapor, some people might think you waste some vapor, but I think it's negligible.

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
rigtht on...nice term! I heard someone around here calling already vaped weed 'duff'. Is taht a common term as well?

stickstones,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya i think i brought it over from another forum and it really caught on, and now everyones using it. duff is a good descriptor of the vaped material though

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
it's the term that the owner uses to describe fan assisted hits on his YouTube video. Now that I have used the ssv and extreme, it really dies come down to a matter of preference. The vapor qualit in shooter mode is top notch, just not as thick as the ssv. He versatility is something I really like about the extreme as well

stonemonkey55,

eLiguL

stonemonkey55 said:
it's the term that the owner uses to describe fan assisted hits on his YouTube video. Now that I have used the ssv and extreme, it really dies come down to a matter of preference. The vapor qualit in shooter mode is top notch, just not as thick as the ssv. He versatility is something I really like about the extreme as well
How does the heating element look on an SSV???

eLiguL,

eLiguL

vtac said:
Thanks for the heads up/pic!

Just as I suspected, the SSV and my old VaporCannon share the same size/style ceramic heating element. I believe the quality of vapor is in direct relation to this. I dont now how to scientifically explain it but this diagram might help.

Top: VaporCannon/SSV
Bottom: Extreme

I think im starting to see a pattern here.

vtedit: Hosted your pic somewhere for you. icmag doesn't allow hotlinking (image doesn't load).

eLiguL,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
if they have the same type of heating element what would give one an advantage over the other? Is the ssv design different in a manner that gives it a better air/vapor ratio ? Asides from the angle I don't see much different than the other whip models out there

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
its the quality and longevity of the element that really makes the difference afaik, along with the narrow stream of air that comes out of the heater cover.
tokinglx says theyve had one of the original prototypes running in the factory for like 7 years and its still hot

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I read about the heating element on the 7th floor's website. I didn't do any additional research on it but it sounds to be a very rock solid unit. I think the Extreme has a similar heating unit, hopefully someone can clarify. Just like the girls like taking hits off the PD, I found a lot of my female friends like the assisted shooters from the Extreme. The removable mouth pieces are also a hit for the people that are germophobes.

stonemonkey55,

eLiguL

stonemonkey55 said:
if they have the same type of heating element what would give one an advantage over the other? Is the ssv design different in a manner that gives it a better air/vapor ratio ? Asides from the angle I don't see much different than the other whip models out there
My VaporCannon and the SSV share the same heating element, the Extreme does not. I would agree with SSV owners when stating that the SSV/VaporCannon gives better whip hits.

From the looks of it, they used this larger ceramic heating element on the Extreme because of the fan. I firmly believe that the larger ceramic is necessary when blowing balloons (i.e. the thin rod would not create a high enough temp with a fan constantly blowing on it). Thats just my theory though.

eLiguL,
How much do you pack in a bowl and how many hits are you getting on-demand? I'm fighting to get good vapor I now have to crank it up to 240C. A little below that, I still get high, but it's more of a relaxed and tingling feeling rather than a heavier stoned feeling.

The pot I'm using is some stuff I had stored in the freezer and I forgot the potency when I originally bought it, so it may be all in the weed. I haven't tried bag mode yet.

Medivape,

eLiguL

Medivape said:
How much do you pack in a bowl and how many hits are you getting on-demand? I'm fighting to get good vapor I now have to crank it up to 240C. A little below that, I still get high, but it's more of a relaxed and tingling feeling rather than a heavier stoned feeling.

The pot I'm using is some stuff I had stored in the freezer and I forgot the potency when I originally bought it, so it may be all in the weed. I haven't tried bag mode yet.
You get the stoned/couchlock feeling from a higher vapor temp. You get more of a head high from the lower temps.

THC degrades over time, im assuming that your stuff lost a bit of potency while in storage.

eLiguL,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Medivape, try the bag mode, I prefer it much more than the whip mode. The fan seems to do a good job pushing constant heat over the herb to produce some might fine vapor.

stonemonkey55,
I will have to try that. Is there a benefit to using the slower speed settings on the fan or is it a matter of, if all weed was equal, then:

Higher fan speed use slightly higher temperatures
Lower fan speed use slightly lower temperatures

to compensate? Does that make sense?

Medivape,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Usually the slower the speed, the lower the temperature because of the duration the hot air passes by the herb. I found that I got extremely milky bags with fan speed 1, almost two milky. I prefer to fill the bag at bag speed 2, I think there is a point where the air/vapor ratio isn't thicker is always better (for me at least). I also think the bags are sufficiently at fan speed 3, most of my friends just fill the bags with that fan speed because they don't want to wait for thicker bags. I guess it's nice to have all these choices, kudos to the Arizer!

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom