Evolution v7 Vaporizer

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Please send my regards to Chad Dawson. I was an original "Fogger" owner and even bought the Fogger 2.0 with the quieter fans. Definitely brings back good memories. I remember when I was getting the Fogger 2.0, I received the tracking info and when I got home, the UPS man had already put the "Signature Required" note on my door. I was with a coworker at the time and I made him drive around the adjacent neighborhood until we find the UPS truck. It was definitely worth tracking him down, good times!

stonemonkey55,

stinkmeaner

stonemonkey55 said:
I remember when I was getting the Fogger 2.0, I received the tracking info and when I got home, the UPS man had already put the "Signature Required" note on my door. I was with a coworker at the time and I made him drive around the adjacent neighborhood until we find the UPS truck. It was definitely worth tracking him down, good times!

Now that is a serious customer. :lol: I have thought about doing that, but only ended up going to the UPS office only to be told that it was on the truck and there was no way of getting the pack until the next day.

I bet you were excited when you opened that package.

stinkmeaner,

stinkmeaner

biojuggernaut said:
sounds like a sweet unit. How does it pair up with the vapezilla?

Here is a comparison with the Evolutions V7, it does not include the Vapezilla but it does include the Stealth which is similar. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=234 From what I have seen from pictures of the inside of the Super Vapezilla, I can say I wasn't impressed with the former Cannabis Cup winner.

Another good comparison I would like to hear is if it holds heat as well as the upcoming Cloud or the VHW.

stinkmeaner,

EvolutionVaporizer

Evolution Vaporizer
Manufacturer
That review is a couple years old. The Evolution has since gotten a makeover on the inside, much more professional. There's a circuit board and higher quality insulation on the heating element. We haven't just been sittin' on our asses over here! :D

Oh! As well as having a couple of glass artists making mouthpieces for us, we have ice tubes for the vape too. Very recent/exciting additions. MMM... like herb ice cream. Yeah... that's where I'm headed right now! :brow:

-Alex

EvolutionVaporizer,

Raf007

Retailer
Hi there,

@EvolutionVaporizer, you write on your website that
" The only way to fix a dirty, smelly, sticky hose is to replace it. But ten bucks it is a small price to pay for a big jump in performance. "

Are your hose a special kind that can not be 'ISOed' or clean like people usually do with their hose ?

Raf007,

EvolutionVaporizer

Evolution Vaporizer
Manufacturer
Raf007 said:
Hi there,

@EvolutionVaporizer, you write on your website that
" The only way to fix a dirty, smelly, sticky hose is to replace it. But ten bucks it is a small price to pay for a big jump in performance. "

Are your hose a special kind that can not be 'ISOed' or clean like people usually do with their hose ?

The few times that I have experimented with isopropyl alcohol it seemed to get into the rubber rendering it flaccid and fumey for days.

How else do people clean their hoses? I'd love to hear of a great reliable way to thoroughly clean resins from the hose. I'll do some searches on the subject in the meantime.

EvolutionVaporizer,
Evo. Is there any way you can post pics of the inside of the unit and your nice ice/water tool? Thanks

biojuggernaut,

stinkmeaner

EvolutionVaporizer said:
That review is a couple years old. The Evolution has since gotten a makeover on the inside, much more professional. There's a circuit board and higher quality insulation on the heating element. We haven't just been sittin' on our asses over here! :D

I was under the impression that the Fuji controller pretty much ran everything, what does the circuit board run?

Also, what is the air path look like? Do you guys seal it from the electronics?

Most on this board remember the pictures that were floating around of the SuperVapezilla, to put it mildly most people were shocked to see how crude the inside was.

stinkmeaner,
stinkmeaner said:
EvolutionVaporizer said:

I was under the impression that the Fuji controller pretty much ran everything, what does the circuit board run?

Most on this board remember the pictures that were floating around of the SuperVapezilla, to put it mildly most people were shocked to see how crude the inside was.

I was under the same glum of an impression. I heard earlier that original models of this unit had exposed wiring in the vapor path, more recent models however, have that fixed...

biojuggernaut,

Egzoset

Banned
Was it really the vapor path or wasn't it just the air path instead? It matters because room-temperature air has very little effect on exposed wiring, IMO...

Egzoset,

EvolutionVaporizer

Evolution Vaporizer
Manufacturer
stinkmeaner said:

The circuit board has an overheat sensor, a relay, hookups for the fan/heating element/power switch as well as the temperature controller. If the electronics get up to 120 degrees the sensor shuts the unit off and won't turn back on until it's reached 105 degrees or less for 30 min.

The heating element is sealed off except where the air intake is at the back of the heating element. The fan continuously blows fresh air onto the intake.

EvolutionVaporizer,

EvolutionVaporizer

Evolution Vaporizer
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
I was under the same glum of an impression. I heard earlier that original models of this unit had exposed wiring in the vapor path, more recent models however, have that fixed...

There has never been wiring in the vapor path whatsoever.

EvolutionVaporizer,
EvolutionVaporizer is there a ceramic heatin element used? is there wires for temp/electricity attached to ceramic heater in glass tube that fans blow fresh air near?

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

EvolutionVaporizer

Evolution Vaporizer
Manufacturer
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
EvolutionVaporizer is there a ceramic heatin element used? is there wires for temp/electricity attached to ceramic heater in glass tube that fans blow fresh air near?

Yes, the heating element is ceramic encased in stainless steel, not glass. The wires you're referring to are attached/coated in silicone glue where the fan blows.

The website does have a pretty good description in the support section if you care to look into it a bit more. I hope I've answered everyone's questions adequately. Please let me know if I can help you further. :)

EvolutionVaporizer,

makisupacurtain

Hey there yall, just acquired a super vapezilla from a friend of mine. The whip that he gave me with it seems to be some sort of shitty tubing that turned brown. I was just wondering if there was anywhere that I could get a replacement whip for the super vapezilla besides the reg silicon tubing offered on the wicked roots website. I would really prefer to be able to use a nice whip with high quality tubing and a mouthpiece if possible. After doing some research i came across the evolutions vaporizer whip at gotvape, considering they were both made by the same person and have a similar design, I was wondering if anyone knew if the evolutions whip would work on the vapezilla, if not any other suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

makisupacurtain,

mota

"Wow .. major party foul."
You should never need to replace silicone tubing, it lasts forever. You can clean it by boiling for 30 minutes and swabbing the inside with iso while still hot.

I have had my evo 7 since 3/17/07 and it is still working great.

http://images.dr3vil.com/files/11/P1000368.jpg

edit:removed img tags. - mota

mota,

max

Out to lunch
You can boil it for a half hour if you like. I'd rather replace it. Tubing's cheap.

max,

SD_haze

Isn't it true, the more gunked up your tubing is, the more "stuff" it pulls out of your vapor?
So a dark brown whip is going to steal more THC & other cannabinoids compared to a fresh one?

Also boiling (any high high heat) synthetic materials can deteriorate the chemical structure and lead to unwanted off-gassing.
Like when plastic Tupperware gets cloudy over time, that's the same process.

SD_haze,

max

Out to lunch
So a dark brown whip is going to steal more THC & other cannabinoids compared to a fresh one?
I think 'old' is probably OK in that respect, as long as it's clean. At least there shouldn't be as much difference as between clean and dirty. Good silicone tubing has a temp range of up to at least 400-500 degrees F, but I'm just not gonna boil tubing for vape use. I don't use it that much and it's affordable.

max,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
"The Evolutions Vaporizer v7 utilizes a Silicone Air Seal over the Vapor Whip, which provides a Sealed Airflow. This means there is no cold air leakage from the outside to offset the heat level on the interior of the Evolutions Vaporizer v7.

This also means you can leave your partially vaporized load in the Evolutions Vaporizer v7 for hours and come back and finish at your leisure. The Evolutions Vaporizer v7 is the only Vaporizer with this capability."

i do this with just about every vape i have....when i come back it vapes just fine... ive never ran into that problem of some cold ass breeze rollin thru my house, thru the tip of my vaporizer whip, all the way down the tube, to cool down my hot-as-fuck ceramic heating element and slow down my vape sesh...wow is that even possible? correct me if im on some completely other different page cause i feel like i am.

im not tryin to troll, i just thought it was a funny thought id share :D

but no really, i want to mount this thing in a DVD drive bay on my desktop computer! :)

Xchadb,

Andy

This vaporizer is the best thing I have ever hit (for buds), period. Let me start by saying I am a long time friend of the creator & engineer, and I am an original product tester.

This vape holds flavor until the end. Clouds are huge. No air flow restriction. Vape comes with a digital temp controller usually set to 420f or so. Takes about a minute/minute and a half to heat up. Bowl holds about a half gram. You can really taste the flavor, even towards the end. That is the biggest plus. ABV is very light in color and very evenly cooked.

The vapes are all designed and manufactured in California with almost all USA made materials. Nothing better then supporting local. At $500 msrp it is pricey but worth every penny. This thing is like the Cadillac of vaporizers. Easy to use, comfortable, built solid, very durable.

I got my first one over ten years ago. It was probably the first vape on the market to use glass on glass fittings and a true digital temperature controller that actually worked (the company has always been super innovative). Can't remember what they used to call the vape in the beginning. They've used so many different names over the years. Dawsonator is one I remember. I have tried all of them. The vape, no matter which edition, has always been the best on the market, getting better with each new model.

The newest incarnation, Evolution v8 is the best yet. This time they got rid of the glass on glass fittings altogether and replaced with a much shorter bowl (as Alex mentioned earlier in this thread). The first thing I noticed is the flavor is even better then before. I did have to lower my vape down from 420f to 410f. Other then that everything is pretty much the same from v7 (as far as I can tell).

Bottom line: This vape is the absolute best ever, nothing can hold a candle to it, I love it and would marry it if legal, and I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Andy,
Top Bottom