everclear vs isopropyl

Denver912

I'm talking about the finished product after filtration being placed in the cold finger style for solvent recovery. Not putting any herb in the cold finger. Yes I know what a cold finger is. You can make one really easily. I've recovered solvent in the past.

The still idea would work and but not wanting it decarbed.

Also if you urself has not used a cold finger type device urself for anything even besides weed stop explaining to me what it can do btw. It's solvent recovery-not an extraction. It's a simple device to make. Much easier than other tools in the extract world.

Also GW's dick must be tired from everyone stayin on it. Y'all give that shit a rest once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver912,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I was actually talking about using it as an extraction and recovery method, but thats ok, clearly something I've said has bothered you. Not sure what the issue is with mentioning GW either, he has given more to community that anyone else I know, who is also still willing to answer questions from a nobody.

darkrom,
Reactions: smokum

Denver912

No trolling. Please do not make posts that disrupt the peace and harmony of this board. Warning point issued.
Lol. Still dick ridin

Denver912,

tony yayo

My qwiso and EC runs always came out dark before but since I started using activated charcoal and a syringe filter its soooo much cleaner now. Leaves less residue too.

tony yayo,
Reactions: Denver912

StickyShisha2

My qwiso and EC runs always came out dark before but since I started using activated charcoal and a syringe filter its soooo much cleaner now. Leaves less residue too.
the aeropress from aerobie is basicly a large syringe filter, and has worked for me as such, but i would be interested in adding activated carbon to my tech. how are you using it?

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: Denver912

tony yayo

the aeropress from aerobie is basicly a large syringe filter, and has worked for me as such, but i would be interested in adding activated carbon to my tech. how are you using it?
I just put a small spoonful In the jar after I do my run, shake it up a bit and then let it sit. Most of the charcoal falls to the bottom. Suck it up with the syringe and then filter it out. Comes out almost clear and looks nice and golden when finished. No more dark red!

Edit: never heard of the aeropress before but that looks incredible! And cheap! Plusnit probably makes a mean cup of joe too!

DopeShow

Thanks for all the info this site is the best. Was wondering if anyone had information on doing a solvent exchange to remove the alcohol and replace it with propelyne glycol. The idea is to end up with a water soluble cannabis extract that can be used in ecig style atomizers. I'm sure it must be possible any help would be greatly appreciated.

Absolute

You have to purge out your alcohol first, then melt it into some EjMix. It works ok. Or you could do a direct extraction to glycerin but that tastes gross.

Absolute,

tepictoton

Have used the aeropres for this purpose... It works wonders for me. One thing that might be improved is a valve to keep the ethanol into contact with the material for longer, now it starts to drip out as soon as you put it in there, but I simply have two cups ready and reuse the same ethanol 3-4 times in the same bud, then evaporate and it always has surprised me in a positive way what one can do in such a short time.

And returns... Last time ten went in, 1,6came out. That is with bud that would yield 18-22 procent with butane. But this method by far is a lot safer, easier, and the end result might even be tastier.

Plus, the extracted bud can always be used for edibles ;-)

Top Bottom