everclear vs isopropyl

2clicker

Observer
i do. i usually split my runs in two. half of it gets used as is (usually shatter) and the other half gets "liquidized" for use in reg ecig clearos. giving it a low temp toast for a short time, before extraction, will drastically remove the odor. it doesnt affect the flavor only the odor. that way my ecig seems ligit to anyone.

i see no reason to toast it unless you want a stealthy extract. if that isnt an issue then just run them fresh. but read the pharma link and be sure to freeze everything before soaking. and keep the jar in the freezer while soaking shaking/stirring gently every min.

follow the link and you cant go wrong.

Dmrp15boy

i do. i usually split my runs in two. half of it gets used as is (usually shatter) and the other half gets "liquidized" for use in reg ecig clearos. giving it a low temp toast for a short time, before extraction, will drastically remove the odor. it doesnt affect the flavor only the odor. that way my ecig seems ligit to anyone.

i see no reason to toast it unless you want a stealthy extract. if that isnt an issue then just run them fresh. but read the pharma link and be sure to freeze everything before soaking. and keep the jar in the freezer while soaking shaking/stirring gently every min.

follow the link and you cant go wrong.

Sorry I'm a newbie here... Where is this link? I've been looking for a way to do this for weeks now.

Dmrp15boy,

2clicker

Observer
here is the link

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/

thats how to extract the oil. if your curious about how to get it to an "e-liquid" state then go here...

www.liquidizer.com

liquidizer is the only company that makes and sells their EJmix. its the only liquid that will stay mixed with oil that i am aware of. others have mixed oil with reg eliquid and it kinda works for a limited time. after a while they will separate again.

ouch 30 bucks for 50ml, how many drops per weight in oil are you supposed to use instructions seem a lil vague

its not as bad as you think. they recently made the bottle size larger than baefore. when i got my bottle it was 30ml for $30, but i can see it lasting quite a while. at least for me. i only use liquidized oil when im out and about.

liquidizer says to use a 50:50 mix or 1 to 1. you can use as little as .25 parts EJmix to 1 part oil. that will liquidize it enough for usage in ecig gear. obviously it would be much more potent with a .25 to 1 ratio. personally i like the 1 to 1 mix. its still plenty potent (w/ good starting material).

Last edited:
2clicker,

Denver912

my 91%ISO run came out better than my 99%, 99 seems to pull way more chlorophyll than 91. Everclear run was far superior than both

Did you winterize it or was it good or dab worthy(smokeable I'm no errl snob) without winterization. If so in gonna start doing this for strains my disp don't carry extracts of.

Plus I got like a Pint bottle of everclear that is sorta like the honey pot or where all residue or ecig leakage or w/e goes that may start using to get my rerun back. Two things at once. Run that shit through buds. Fuck it.

Denver912,
Here is something u came across in a google search. Has some good info I think. Pointers even if you don't follow the wash tech instead of a 3 min soak like skunkpharm. Skunkpharm recipe uses less solvent I think.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/art-science-cleaning-concentrates-part-two-organic-budder

I tired to copy paste but it wouldn't let me. iPhone sucks. Took me forever to delete that shit from the message box lol.

Thanks for posting, I read the article and it reminded me of a question I have. I've seen grape alcohol specifically mentioned as the choice ethanol for extraction purposes. Why is that? If the answer is taste... Isn't tasting the solvent in the final product kind of gross? Because from a chemistry standpoint ethanol is ethanol, but grape is way more expensive than cane, corn or wheat.

The article did make me lol, it starts the tech off with all this "simple tools found in the kitchen" stuff. And then breezily mentions the scientific vac ovens and gas traps needed in the last step... Also the tech is organic, but aren't you making "organic butter" unless the plant material is grown that way.

mrboote,

Caligula

Maximus
It's Not the flavor of the solvent, but rather the flavor that gets extracted. If that makes sense.

Caligula,

Caligula

Maximus
Sorry, I was pretty medicated. Let me try a different way. The grape alcohol is better at extracting the desirable terpines than iso or grain alcohol?

Trever

Sorry, I was pretty medicated. Let me try a different way. The grape alcohol is better at extracting the desirable terpines than iso or grain alcohol?
In my experience that is 100% true grape extracted oil is so much more tastier than iso/everclear hands down n ive done quite a few side by side comparisons with the same buds.

Thanks for the replies. I won't be ordering any organic alcohol, grape, or otherwise online. The shipping and tax alone are more than I'm willing to spend!

DwQMRAO.png

Denver912

I'd say a cold finger real or diy is needed for that stuff. I'd want to recover and reuse. Damn that shit is pricey. I'm poor. Lol. Only everclear and Walgreens ISO for this guy.

In my experience that is 100% true grape extracted oil is so much more tastier than iso/everclear hands down n ive done quite a few side by side comparisons with the same buds.
do you have a reasonably priced source? I'm gonna stop by this liquor store and see if they can order it. I'm in denver I'd think it's here on a shelf somewhere maybe too. Fuck ordering it but I'm gonna look for a way cheaper source for kicks.

And what's ur take on other choices of brands or types of solvents. Always like hearing ppls views.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver912,

Trever

do you have a reasonably priced source? I'm gonna stop by this liquor store and see if they can order it. I'm in denver I'd think it's here on a shelf somewhere maybe too. Fuck ordering it but I'm gonna look for a way cheaper source for kicks.

And what's ur take on other choices of brands or types of solvents. Always like hearing ppls views.

Yes its in colorado i have some friends down there that get it from the liquor store. Where im at its online order only. My take on solvents are butane that is dewaxed is ok but everclear/grape alc that is done right blows bho out of the water.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'd say a cold finger real or diy is needed for that stuff. I'd want to recover and reuse. Damn that shit is pricey. I'm poor. Lol. Only everclear and Walgreens ISO for this guy.

I spoke with graywolf about using the coldfinger. It doesn't make sense for any of the alcohols, it will pull WAY too much plant matter. It would be a wonderful choice for making RSO however. It would also make a wonderful choice for hexane extractions, but personally I'm not comfortable with using hexane myself. I don't trust myself to ensure it is 100% purged without a lab setting.

darkrom,

keifmaker

Pax Ploom - Zmax mini- Thermo W
I spoke with graywolf about using the coldfinger. It doesn't make sense for any of the alcohols, it will pull WAY too much plant matter. It would be a wonderful choice for making RSO however. It would also make a wonderful choice for hexane extractions, but personally I'm not comfortable with using hexane myself. I don't trust myself to ensure it is 100% purged without a lab setting.
what is the coldfinger method? Also rso is? Only extraction methods ice done were iso/ethol/bho I kno about co2 but that's way too expensive.

keifmaker,

Denver912

I was meaning to recover the alcohol not do the entire wash in the cold finger with the basket.

Is there any other way to recover the etoh to be used again?

Denver912,

darkrom

Great Scott!
If you like your oil decarbed get a still and you can reclaim like 95% of it other than that im not sure

Decarbed WITH lots of plant material in it. You can't run alcohol of any kind in plant matter very long without pulling it. Unless you are in subzero conditions, which may be quite the challenge in itself.

I can't think of any quality DIY solvent recovery that isn't going to ruin oil intended for vaping. It would work wonderful for RSO (rick simpson oil).

BTW the cold finger is a piece of lab equipment.

darkrom,
Top Bottom