Etsy Glass

ShadowLink12

Activist
photobooth said:
I have been considering replacing my old bong with a glassmansdoll bubbler (http://www.etsy.com/shop/glassmansdoll). What would the vapor-bonging experts recommend for the best style of diffusion to run my Extreme Q through?

The options are either: 7 hole standard waffle, 12 hole dropped waffle, circulator, dropped inline, or gridded inline.

Looking for any recommendations or advice.

Good call, glassmansdoll is amazing. Awesome glass, even better customer service. My showerhead diffy from them was the wrong length, they quickly took my return and got a new one to me, and it hits amazing, such a smoother hit than my old roor diffy and at less than half the price. I decided to put in my order for the 12 hole dropped waffle. That being said, the inline looks incredible, I just wasn't about the rumble (you have to request the video, but it is awesome).

Another testament to how amazing GMD is, they lowered the price of my waffle bubbler by $12 from a bit over $100 to a bit under, because they realized it was easier to make than they thought, I didn't want to gouge their customers!

ShadowLink12,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I have used it for bubble hash, but only twice. It seems to work pretty great, and the smoke doesn't seem to escape. My only problem is that it is hard to get it fully heated with my torch light, so I have ordered a table top torch that should be coming in the next couple days. I imagine it will work even better once I can get it really heated up. Considering how much cheaper it is than a curve/skillet with ti pad, I would suggest it. I got completely ripped just like if I had hot knifed or other similar hash strategies.

which torch are you getting?
my thoughts about this item were very similar to yours when i ordered this item. its already on its way! i was just looking for some general feedback and advice on technique. thanks!

charliedontsurf:

I nominate this as smartest, coolest, simplest glass purchase on Etsy for 128 shipped. http://www.etsy.com/listing/56636998/1- s-on-glass

The big doubled filtered piece is awesome! Water in sherlock attachment makes a stemless perc, which can be used on its own for the Vapobowl, vaporpro or vaporstar lighter based lighters, WITH or WITHOUT water, or used as a pipe or bubbler combusting. The package ALSO includes a 14mm to 18mm flushmount converter so you get that too. And of course just a random 14mm bowl too which is nice.

If you have one of the 14mm to vapor whip attachments you can get for like 9 bucks, you could put that in the big piece in place of the sherlock and then have a one man hookah SLASH vapehookah with the vapo-bowl, vaporstar, or vaporpro with the option of water or not. Hot damn I might need to buy this piece, it's a vaper and a smokers dream, and it's begging to be made into a multi-user hookah as well.

with an aeromed bowl: http://www.gotvape.com/store/aromed.vaporizer.bowl.php

you could use a heat gun and vape that way too!

And hey, Cleardome, I'd sooner say "F*** those other lighter-based vapor guys, get the cleardome because if its works like in that youtube demo its better than all of them" but you've dropped off the earth! Put those into production!

x2!!

notmyrealUSERname,
Hey guys, what's up with all the pinch bowls?

I mean the bowls where the bowl is actually formed similarly to 4 prong ice catch, instead of blowing out a small hole in the end, heating around it and then pushing in with a graphite rod. I'm surprised I heard 0 about them while blowing glass.

Any merit to the design or is it just for idiotic kids who like 50% of every bowl to end up in the water?

Edit: designs like glassmansdoll pictured here http://www.etsy.com/transaction/34567846 look like they would be far more effective. I have trouble imaging what it would be like smoking extracts out of a bowl like that, how it would affect airflow, whether it would be advantageous or not. Hm...

charliedontsurf,

ShadowLink12

Activist
notmyrealUSERname said:
which torch are you getting?
my thoughts about this item were very similar to yours when i ordered this item. its already on its way! i was just looking for some general feedback and advice on technique. thanks!

I went with this butane torch,
http://www.amazon.com/Blazer-GB2001...L7KO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286946622&sr=8-1

It seems universally loved on amazon, and I had free 2 days shipping to use. I think that there are newer models from the same manufacturer that look nicer and flashier, but I figured I would go with simple and trusted. I will let you know how it is when I get a chance. Of course only Vector butane will go in it.

ShadowLink12,

hereatlast

charlie, those disc bowls seem to becoming more and more popular. The disc design allows for a lot more airflow, with some pieces of glass that function best with a lot of airflow, these slides can make a big difference. I know some report using the disc slides with hash for the same reason (better/increased airflow). I assure you its not just for 'idiotic kids.' :uhoh:

hereatlast,

stinkmeaner

Found these on Etsy this morning
http://www.etsy.com/listing/5885779...pipe&ga_search_type=&ga_page=&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title
Welds could be better but overall it is a better value than any other inline on Etsy, plus it comes with a color worked push bowl.

il_fullxfull.182942763.jpg

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
Grass glass ringa ding dong
I vapes marijuana in my bong
Some say it's right others wrong
I jest get shit-faced and sings my song

Ringa ding dong ding ringa ding
Vaping marijuana makes me sing
I''m so damn stoned I forgot
Gotta tie a finger on my fuckin' knot

Pappy,
Just received VapoRX from TabooGlassTechnology, found here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/5863859...search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

It is larger than I thought, is downright chunky in the hand, and works excellently for extracts, just as I wanted it. I would of sooner gone without the needless sandblasting because it obscures smoke/vapor from sight, but it's still cool. I have one problem though: the dome on mine is blown out so that it's almost triangular, not nicely round, almost goddamn phallic- bottom line, = the thickness of the glass on the dome is uneven. It's an easy mistake to make but it probably shouldn't of shipped like this; it makes heating very uneven. This is kind of like having a bong with a bowl with a bad intake, as its the one thing which makes the whole thing problematic or even useless. Update: a replacement sleeve is being sent out, Taboo was super friendly about. Great seller

I am floored by the quality of SimpleGlassTubes sherlock. It's huge, it's well constructed, it doesn't have one goddamn air bubble on the whole thing, the bend at the bottom is sharp but the joint has been appropriately relaxed and annealed by the blower. The sort of glass I was at my height incapable of making. I asked for one which had a very tight bend at the bottom with the glass on glass joint up higher, so it could be used as a stemless bubbler, and he gave me the one which is -perfect- for that. 10/10. One gigantic SGT sherlock + one glass vapo-bowl + a reasonable jet torch = one of the best sit down vapor experience I've ever had.

The 18mm to 14mm joint is perfect. Just what I needed, and only makes the stem stick out like 1/8th of an inch more than normal.

I asked him to make one of his charcoal filters just like the glass bottom of my old vaporpro, and he made it to perfect specifications. Sadly there is a crack in the glass (probably picked up during shipping) which I'll have to return it over, but he made it beautifully and I have ever faith I'll get another one. Update: SGT immediately responded that he'll mail a replacement out tomorrow, and that's on a custom made piece. Seriously. That is exceptional service guys.

Simpleglasstubes sent me a -free- downstem. I just mentioned that I would need a 6.5 inch downsem in the future and asked how much it would be. Low and behold it's in the package - what an awesome seller. Edit: TWO, (2), tu downstems in the package, one diffused and one not. Thanks SGT!! When I was talking about the custom piece with other artists, or even waiting for their initial response, SGT had both made it and mailed it off. Astounding.

Big recommendations for both shops:

Simpleglasstubes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Simpleglas...pleglasstubes&ga_search_type=seller_usernames
Taboo: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TabooGlassTechnology?ref=seller_info

And etsy is officially the shit - you give money directly to the artist, who makes more than he does selling to a retailer, while you pay less than you would going to that same retailer for the item. Plus the artists are obviously awesome, generous people.

Help w/ Keck clips: I've never used them before. Is there some way you loosen them and then they latch onto the G on G joint or do you just force it on?

charliedontsurf,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
charliedontsurf:

great to hear the good experiences with those etsy sellers.

keck clips loosen up after the first or second time they are used - at least mine did, and then after that they aren't bad at all. the first time i put it on i was surprised at how much pressure it took.

notmyrealUSERname,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i love these!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55621735/glass-hot-knives-cupped-color-changing

best bang for your buck gadget ever!!! use with the Herb Iron for best results!

Just received VapoRX from TabooGlassTechnology, found here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/58638592/ta =&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

"edit - i am removing a question that i posed earlier, i figured it out by myself."

after a successful session (finally), i understand how this works and i am looking forward to more sessions with it.

i am very happy to say that i am satisfied with my etsy experiences so far!

notmyrealUSERname,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I'll second, these are my preferred method for bubble. Not sure if anyone else is making anything similar, good update to old school hot knives.

rabblerouser,

hereatlast

Nice Pappy!

The nice thing about a removable down-stem is that it gives you some options in terms of perc types. Looks like that's an 18mm GonG joint? If so I think that opens up an even broader range. Luke Wilson makes great removable tree downstems and SG some awesome double-sided gridded ones.

I hope that bowl is for the trash-bin BTW :lol:

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
Nice Pappy!

The nice thing about a removable down-stem is that it gives you some options in terms of perc types. Looks like that's an 18mm GonG joint? If so I think that opens up an even broader range. Luke Wilson makes great removable tree downstems and SG some awesome double-sided gridded ones.

I hope that bowl is for the trash-bin BTW :lol:
Thanks! I'm not getting a bowl, subbed for vape adaptor. Considered yours but prefer shower-head diffy with removable downstem, plus some of his signature work. Will I be able to use crushed ice in this Sherlock?

Yes, 19/14... Good point about swappable downstems. The SG Peyote Pillar is what got me hot on this bub. But I don't think percs add much to vaporizing. I prefer diffusers and ice.

Pappy,

hereatlast

Ice might be tough but I think with the removable downstem you'll be able to do it. Armin seems to make the mouthpiece too small to put ice in that direction (at least on my bub); on the other hand you could pour some ice in through the GonG fitting (stem removed) so it lands the base...then tip it over with your finger on the mouthpiece to get some ice into the mouthpiece?

Cool idea, would love to see that milked up with crushed ice in the mouth-piece.

Ya I understand the preference for less diffusion and (more) ice. I haven't hit my straight bong in a little bit but I used to load ice in there almost all the time. With my bubblers there's no ice-chamber (though you really got me thinking now lol) but more diffusion and I think that's the only thing that allows me to achieve a similarly smooth hit. All this talk about ice makes me wanna go grab the Ehle and cool off :cool:

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
All this talk about ice makes me wanna go grab the Ehle and cool off
Just did in my SSFG 12"beaker with crushed ice and cubes mixed half and half. By all means a good idea! :) Guess I can funnel a little crushed slush in the bub but ice may be a stretch. I did ask Armin. He may have an idea or two.

Pappy,

2clicker

Observer
been thinking about maybe havin an etsy glass blower make something like this GonG handle. then i can just use ash catchers as bubblers and switch them whenever i want. im not really a fan of the handles ive seen around and on etsy.

sizes-2.jpg

any suggestions on who does this kind of work? simpleglasstubes...? glasstafarian?

and sorry for the poor PS job. whipped this image up quickly.

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
2clicker said:
been thinking about maybe havin an etsy glass blower make something like this GonG handle. then i can just use ash catchers as bubblers and switch them whenever i want. im not really a fan of the handles ive seen around and on etsy.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo80/SPENCERvex/DBV/sizes-2.jpg

any suggestions on who does this kind of work? simpleglasstubes...? glasstafarian?

Simple Glass Tubes or SSFG. Be very exacting. Believe SGT is doing similar stuff. So are others! Search Etsy for stock stuff before going custom. ;)

Pappy,

2clicker

Observer
Pappy said:
2clicker said:

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo80/SPENCERvex/DBV/sizes-2.jpg

Simple Glass Tubes or SSFG. Be very exacting. Believe SGT is doing similar stuff. So are others! Search Etsy for stock stuff before going custom. ;)

ive been looking, but all i can find are these really long radius or just too large in general pieces. i want it to be plain tubing with no mariahs or whatever. i would however like the mouthpiece part of it to have a smaller hole than the ID of the tubing... if that makes sense...?

im going to look on ioffer also.

just found this one on ioffer... its very close, but too long
9KvkK03NnTePIgw.jpg

2clicker,

aero18

vaporist
ShadowLink12 said:
photobooth said:
I have been considering replacing my old bong with a glassmansdoll bubbler (http://www.etsy.com/shop/glassmansdoll). What would the vapor-bonging experts recommend for the best style of diffusion to run my Extreme Q through?

The options are either: 7 hole standard waffle, 12 hole dropped waffle, circulator, dropped inline, or gridded inline.

Looking for any recommendations or advice.

Good call, glassmansdoll is amazing. Awesome glass, even better customer service. My showerhead diffy from them was the wrong length, they quickly took my return and got a new one to me, and it hits amazing, such a smoother hit than my old roor diffy and at less than half the price. I decided to put in my order for the 12 hole dropped waffle. That being said, the inline looks incredible, I just wasn't about the rumble (you have to request the video, but it is awesome).

Another testament to how amazing GMD is, they lowered the price of my waffle bubbler by $12 from a bit over $100 to a bit under, because they realized it was easier to make than they thought, I didn't want to gouge their customers!

The glass that GMD blows is really priced reasonably. However, the craftsmanship is not the greatest. I recently bought two showerheads and one of them is a bit wavy.

The first time they did not send one of my orders, and the downstem that did come did not fit down my joint. It took a month for me to get my orders fixed and completed.

Yeah, a month.

aero18,

Pappy

shmaporist
@ 2click > Positive I saw something similar on Etsy. Query SGT about a custom job.

Pappy,

2clicker

Observer
Pappy said:
@ 2click > Positive I saw something similar on Etsy. Query SGT about a custom job.

im speaking with SGT now about this. and i have revised my pic. its a very little piece. shouldnt be too hard to make.

sherlock-handle-glass-on-glass-14-4mm-147051825

2clicker,
Top Bottom