Etsy Glass

stinkmeaner

Congrats on your new glass setup, they make a pretty quality product IMO.

@Aero18..Are you talking about the 'mariah's'? If so I like them without them too but they do look a little better if they have a worked section between the two ridges. As for icepinches I prefer not to have them to keep the smooth look of the water pipe, but I don't use ice, just use cold water in a cold bong works best for me.

Here is a pic without the mariahs:
il_430xN.174127370.jpg

And some with the worked section between:
il_430xN.162537513.jpg

stinkmeaner,

aero18

vaporist
Although I have a distaste for mariahs, it is not what I am talking about. If you look at the beakers on the top pic, you will see that the blown out portion is slightly bulbous and not like the beaker on the furthest left in the bottom picture.

aero18,

jimbo

winterize
Picked up a 18/14 low profile adapter from glassmansdoll, fairly fast shipping and the price was right, no complaints.

jimbo,

Shiz

What do you guys think of this piece from Simpleglasstubes? This guy has 100% feedback but not sure if this would work well with an Extreme with the perc. I'd also need an adapter.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/56544140/fumed-glass-double-perk-with-ash-catcher

It's $20 less without the ashcatcher.

Also what happened to that Clear Dome guy that makes custom Extreme pieces like this sick Elbow:
il_fullxfull.129301798.jpg

His Etsy page: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/30123971

Where can I find more stuff like this? I've been on Etsy scouring.

Shiz,

hereatlast

Shiz, IMO there's no need for an ashcatcher, no ash in the vapor right?

I've found that you have to walk a tight line in terms of the size of the piece you want when vaporizing. Certain vapes are known for their milking capabilities, an SV or SSV seems to be able to milk any size piece you throw at them. The Extreme on the other hand isn't quite as powerful, I still really recommend some glass to go with the Extreme (I haven't hit the E w/o glass in months) but I don't think what you've got posted above is your best option.

First, the glass doesn't seem all that thick; the price is right but again I think you can do better.

Second, if you're gonna spend any money at all on glass exclusively for your vapor needs I think going with a GonG connection is a no brainer.

Really I think its hard to beat what soulshineglass (I keep getting the name wrong) has to offer, check out their page on etsy, might be a few bucks more for a simple clear tube but their glass is thick and they've got GonG joints. Actually, just ask Pappy, he seems to have just bought his first piece of vapor-bonging equipment from them as well.

hereatlast,

Shiz

I appreciate the detailed advice. I know there's no need for the ashcatcher while I'm vaping but I know I'd still pack a bowl and burn it old school every now and then.

I definitely want to get the best tube and elbow I can get for the money so I messaged SoulShineFamilyGlass this morning and asked about the Travel Tube:
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.172735107.jpg

Seems a little pricey to me for a 5mm 12" tube @ $100. Worked it's $200. I figured it would be less than that but I've only compared it to other Etsy artists' prices and some similar pieces I saw on Grasscity. Someone recomended SimpleGlassTubes here so I hope they have good quality. For example compare these two tubes:
This one is $82 shipped
http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.175510020.jpg

While this is $110 shipped.
il_430xN.174743025.jpg

These 12" tubes are both 5mm thick with 50mm tubing but the travel size one is not as thick. You say this second one comes with a GonG connection? So I wouldn't need any adapters?
Thanks again for your assistance.

Shiz,

wolf torn

"Seems a little pricey to me for a 5mm 12" tube @ $100"

ahh no man, the ROOR same thing cost over $300...so for 5mm thick glass $100 is a steal.

I have the travel tube from him, although its great for the PD, I wouldn't recommend it with the EQ, bet the 12" tube. Make sure he makes the Joint size 18.8 so u can fit the EQ right in there.

wolf torn,

Shiz

Ok cool. I just looked up Roor and Ehle..lol. Thanks for the 18.8 joint size info. It's now between the 12" beaker above and this straight tube for $85 shipped:
il_430xN.162522181.jpg

I'm going to order one of these today. Just want to make sure I have no regrets and get the right one.
I'll pick one based on the feedback I get. One better than the other?

Shiz,

wolf torn

I wrote a bunch but its up to u man

personal preference, I can tell you the travel beaker I have is the best glass I have ever bought so you can't go wrong with the 12inch beaker

wolf torn,

hereatlast

Shiz glad we were able to help find the right product for you. For what its worth, both of those tubes are priced very fairly, you're also supporting an individual artist or a few at most, definitely not the case when buying Ehle for example.

At this point its personal preference like lowfront said. Quick little note on what will be different: first they both seem to come with diffused downstems, thats a plus. Beakers are usually more 'chuggy' than straight tubes. Personally I'm a fan of a straight tube over a beaker but it really is preference, at this point I'm not sure what more can be said between the two.

Go with 18.8 if you want to use the elbow, all my glass is 14mm and a simple cheap adaptor wasn't hard to get. Enjoy! Glad you're going with a GonG set-up ;)

hereatlast,

ShadowLink12

Activist
Also what happened to that Clear Dome guy that makes custom Extreme pieces like this sick Elbow:

His Etsy page: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/30123971

Where can I find more stuff like this? I've been on Etsy scouring for hours.

I also miss ClearDome, I wonder what he is up to. I bought a worked 18mm connector that I love, and was looking forward to ordering some extreme elbows from him.

ShadowLink12,

2clicker

Observer
Shiz said:
Thanks again guys.

if you havent ordered yet you should look at the Left Coast stuff. you can get an excellent quality beaker of the same specs for $120. Left Coast is apparently 1 or more ex-co-workers from Illadelph. Illadelph quality at a very nice price.

also you should be able to get these at your local headshops. for some reason within the last couple of months, all of them around here have a ton of the Left Coast stuff. very good value.

good luck

2clicker,

photobooth

I have been considering replacing my old bong with a glassmansdoll bubbler (http://www.etsy.com/shop/glassmansdoll). What would the vapor-bonging experts recommend for the best style of diffusion to run my Extreme Q through?

The options are either: 7 hole standard waffle, 12 hole dropped waffle, circulator, dropped inline, or gridded inline.

Looking for any recommendations or advice.

photobooth,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
shadowlink12:

I just bought this, http://www.etsy.com/transaction/33715553 what do you guys think?

I wanted to get a vapor curve/swing with TI pad, but I just wasn't looking at spending that much. If it doesn't work well, oh well. The bubble hash will be going in my EQ if it doesn't work out.

are you still using these? what is the best thing to smoke on them? are you able to get all the smoke into your bong, is there any waste? are they durable?

i would like to hear your thoughts about this item.

notmyrealUSERname,
notmyrealUSERname said:
shadowlink12:

I just bought this, http://www.etsy.com/transaction/33715553 what do you guys think?

I wanted to get a vapor curve/swing with TI pad, but I just wasn't looking at spending that much. If it doesn't work well, oh well. The bubble hash will be going in my EQ if it doesn't work out.

are you still using these? what is the best thing to smoke on them? are you able to get all the smoke into your bong, is there any waste? are they durable?

I used a friends' one, apparently purchased in Berkeley but the store has zip when I was in town for work. Worked well for dry and oily extracts, I could see no visible smoke escaping. I was surprised slightly because this example seemed like it had its intake hole needlessly far from where the material would actually be placed. But lo and behold, worked great. The damn thing needs to be really well made to withstand that thermal abused, mind you, so this is one thing that NO ONE should ever buy a cheap Indian or Chinese knock off of.

Edit, on closer examination, the one you linked to is much much nicer. The other wasn't even really mean to be used with a rod, had a wider basin, the intake was farther, etc.. I and most of us would probably buy the one linked to in a minute if reasonable.

I have 0 experience with inline bubblers. Sure seem cray-zay though.

I nominate this as smartest, coolest, simplest glass purchase on Etsy for 128 shipped. http://www.etsy.com/listing/56636998/1-foot-contraption-all-glass-on-glass

The big doubled filtered piece is awesome! Water in sherlock attachment makes a stemless perc, which can be used on its own for the Vapobowl, vaporpro or vaporstar lighter based lighters, WITH or WITHOUT water, or used as a pipe or bubbler combusting. The package ALSO includes a 14mm to 18mm flushmount converter so you get that too. And of course just a random 14mm bowl too which is nice.

If you have one of the 14mm to vapor whip attachments you can get for like 9 bucks, you could put that in the big piece in place of the sherlock and then have a one man hookah SLASH vapehookah with the vapo-bowl, vaporstar, or vaporpro with the option of water or not. Hot damn I might need to buy this piece, it's a vaper and a smokers dream, and it's begging to be made into a multi-user hookah as well.

And hey, Cleardome, I'd sooner say "F*** those other lighter-based vapor guys, get the cleardome because if its works like in that youtube demo its better than all of them" but you've dropped off the earth! Put those into production!

Beautiful, work-intensive inside-out art on this travel spoon, should be way more expensive, it's 16 bucks shipped US and has a carb for a lefty, I'd buy it if I were one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/57534724/inside-out-glass-spoon-with-amber-frit

charliedontsurf,

ShadowLink12

Activist
notmyrealUSERname said:
shadowlink12:

I have used it for bubble hash, but only twice. It seems to work pretty great, and the smoke doesn't seem to escape. My only problem is that it is hard to get it fully heated with my torch light, so I have ordered a table top torch that should be coming in the next couple days. I imagine it will work even better once I can get it really heated up. Considering how much cheaper it is than a curve/skillet with ti pad, I would suggest it. I got completely ripped just like if I had hot knifed or other similar hash strategies.

Hope that helps, I will warn that the seller is having internet issues, and had a family member relaying messages, so don't expect fast service, but when you do get responses they are A+

ShadowLink12,
Top Bottom