Discontinued Elevape SV

Vape Dr.

I think I don't talk much in here because... it works.

I'm still on my first bottom screen, first coil, first ... well, I do have more mouthpiece screens, and lid screens, than I did before (thanks, Joe!). I've updated to the PC software app that has the temps listed, so that's been fun.

I rarely stir my bowls, to be honest. After three or four heavy pulls (5 or 6 if I'm at 325F), I might open the lid, poke my fingernail in there and shift things about a bit, to see if anything looks too charred, then I just replace the lid and continue.

I use this thing heavily for out-and-about, and for my medication break(s) at work. At home, I have a couple of heavy hitters, so I rarely use it. I plug it in most evenings, and toss it in my purse in the morning.

Best part of this vape, is I can TOSS IT IN MY PURSE. Sure, it weighs a small demi-ton, but it's unbreakable, for all intents & purposes. Nothing I have to worry about scratching, or losing (except the mouthpiece, and I fixed that!), or dumping anything out.

How I fixed the mouthpiece: I have some other little screens (could actually be the old style screens from my Nano!) that are just a bit larger than the stock screens from Elevape. I use the mouthpiece to force the larger screen to bend enough to go in the hole, then I seat the mouthpiece very firmly... and the wiggle is gone! it's not trying to fall out anymore. I think my mouthpiece hole tolerance is at the largest, and the mouthpiece itself is the opposite. sigh.

I'd love to see better, nicer, and/or custom mouthpieces for this. Not sure what, no. Maybe colors? glass for purists? wood? I'd Love wood, but it's such a small item.

Anyway, there you go. I did just clean up my ESV this afternoon, after coming home from work. I took it all apart (no, not the electronics part, duh), and washed the pieces in dishsoap and water, dried them, put them all back together (fresh screens), and there it is. Easy as can be. Nothing special required. I do really like it.

Awesome! @Enchantre thanks for sharing!
I did "customize" my mouthpiece as well.
The ESV uses a 10mm mouth tip. Most E-cig or W9 tech tips are 8mm.
I found a stubby 8mm tip.

I wrapped a small piece of silicon around the mouthpiece and sandwiched it nice and tight with the screen still there!

It works awesome!

andee145

@vapeppau
I don't understand why there is not more talking going on in this thread.
Lets all post our experience with our ESV! Good or bad.
The Elevape deserves much more recognition than it has right now.

As I wait for my Crafty order to be delivered, I am revisiting this thread ... esv seems really promising vape. I hope to enjoy the Crafty, but I think, if this works as advertised, would be a great addition .... definitely the case of the VAS!! I see the Crafty as best-in-class session vape and ESV as best-in-class 1-hitter. I am little fatigued with the Crafty thread and drooling (probably well deserved) ...but could use some posts from esv users on your experiences.

One question on the MP, is it needed for use of the esv, or can the esv be used without mp in "native" mode like MFLB?

andee145,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Its doable but kind of tough? I tried it once in the beginning. I don't use mouthpiece screeens at all regardless

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

EveryDayAmnesiac

After using the ESV for a while now, I've decided that I'd like them to offer finer screens for the bottom part of the bowl - the screen right above the sensor. It's been pretty well established in this thread that material on, or even around, the temp sensor can cause a pretty dramatic change in performance - especially with mine. I think a finer screen there would be to everyone's advantage.

I'm finding that I need to clean off the temp sensor every night, even when using a coarse grind. Little bits are still going to drift down there with the current screens, and it doesn't take much to change performance. I think pretty much every time I've combusted it's due to a dirty temp sensor.

And I know plenty of herbal bits have gone into the hole below the coil, which can never be cleaned unless you want to risk voiding your warranty. I get that and all, but... I don't like knowing that little speckles of herb are being trapped down there and slowly adding up.

I don't necessarily have to clean the entire ESV vapor path every night, but it sure seems to make a difference. My ESV can still be a fussy fucker.

With the style that I draw, I don't find the tempetatures that are listed on the app to be in any way accurate. I can wind up with charred bits on level 1, even with a clean sensor. I guess I have much weaker lungs than the average person. Maybe I need the newer, smaller coils? But there's some more add-on money that I'd be spending on this vape...

I've been having to stir my loads constantly. More than I'd like to. The new cap sounds perfect for me. But there's more add-on money that I'd be spending on this vape...

Sorry, people. Don't mean to sound overly critical. I'm crazy about my ESV. I use it every day. I want to get better with it. But I also want this thread to stay real, cause the ESV ain't exactly cheap.

Last edited:

scottg402

Damn can't get mine going! Sending it to Joe.

Not sure if it's operator error, a defect or both.

I have had this for a few weeks and not been able to use it much because of a few issues. When I has worked it's been awesome!

Can't wait to get it all fixed up 100%!

I hope my post doesn't deter folks from seriously considering the ESV. It's a nice piece of equipment and as long as I keep getting top notch service to deal with these issues I'm ok. I'm pretty happy with my backups too. :brow:

I will report back when I'm up and running!

Vape Dr.

After using the ESV for a while now, I've decided that I'd like them to offer finer screens for the bottom part of the bowl - the screen right above the sensor. It's been pretty well established in this thread that material on, or even around, the temp sensor can cause a pretty dramatic change in performance - especially with mine. I think a finer screen there would be to everyone's advantage.

I'm finding that I need to clean off the temp sensor every night, even when using a coarse grind. Little bits are still going to drift down there with the current screens, and it doesn't take much to change performance. I think pretty much every time I've combusted it's due to a dirty temp sensor.

And I know plenty of herbal bits have gone into the hole below the coil, which can never be cleaned unless you want to risk voiding your warranty. I get that and all, but... I don't like knowing that little speckles of herb are being trapped down there and slowly adding up.

I don't necessarily have to clean the entire ESV vapor path every night, but it sure seems to make a difference. My ESV can still be a fussy fucker.

With the style that I draw, I don't find the tempetatures that are listed on the app to be in any way accurate. I can wind up with charred bits on level 1, even with a clean sensor. I guess I have much weaker lungs than the average person...

I've been having to stir my loads constantly. More than I'd like to. The new cap sounds perfect for me. But there's more add-on money that I'm spending on this vape...

Sorry, people. Don't mean to sound overly critical. I'm crazy about my ESV. I use it every day. I want to get better with it. But I also want this thread to stay real, cause the ESV ain't exactly cheap.

@EveryDayAmnesiac Try unscrewing the silver ring under the chamber, and add another fine screen underneath.

Try to criss cross the squares on the 2 screens so there's less room for particulates to get through, then replace the silver threaded ring.

I am currently using 2 fine screens myself and it works awesome!
This might alleviate your issue.
My lens keeps super clean and it vapes a bit cooler too!

Also a few pages back I posted a DIY stir lid. It is not as efficient as the Elevape stir lids, but it is effective. It's also free if you have an extra chamber lid screen, or even a normal screen the same size you can poke a hole through it for the allen screw.
This may be enough to hold you over until you can get the Elevape stir lid.

Shit Snacks

Cool vapor is another thing I'm always amazed by with the Elevape, big and powerful but not harsh at all! I wouldn't think that little difference in mouthpiece length would affect that at all, the cool hits are thanks to the vast vapor path of aluminum, which itself stays cool bc of the instant on demand heating.

I also have never really had trouble with my sensor, using original bottom screen, even when I go to clean and see that its covered in dust, its still had been working fine. I think it is draw technique that affects temps and combustion completely, since Mt draw fluctuates and so I have a fluctuating experience. But with stirring and finding the right draw (fluctuating as you draw, start fast and slow a little to get vapor) I can pretty much always get a hit without combustion, can even still get wispy hits when the bowl is basically done. I think thats why there are so many temp settings to choose from, bc different users and strains need slightly different coil temps to have the experience they desire, can take a lot of practice though (but ive found that combusters tend to have the right draw when I hand it to them and say go fast and deep)

btka

I could not find any user video of the elevape smart... would be nice if someone from fc could do one (@Enchantre ?) ... i am interessted in this vape but as mentioned i would like to see this vape in action...

someone also metioned that she/he is putting 0.03 g and gets 10 descent draws out of the elevape (think it was @Vape Dr. ) that sound really nice ...

i am thinking of purchasing the elevape or the crafty... but as far as i understood the crafty is more a session vape... vs elevape one hitter (i would like a vape where i can take draws when i want without waiting to heat up and i don t want a vape which is cooking my herb when not using it drawing on it...)

and i also have a question as far as the elevape is made of aluminium (our goverment warned to use aluminum and there are rumours about alzheimer (i often heared its bs) ) but whats your opinion about this...

@Enchantre how is the vapor quality (clouds, density) taste and efficeny if you compare it with the enano...

Shit Snacks

I'm certain @Vape Dr. Will be doing a video at some point @btka

If you don't want a session vape than this is it, on demand instant vapor and zero wasted material. Though I'm sure crafty is an ideal session vape at least...

I believe the aluminum is perfectly safe in this design, I don't think they would build a vape like this entirely out of a known harmful material, its not like its the aluminum of a cheap grinder...

And I can't speak to the E-Nano, but vapor density and cloud size is easily on par with my Underdog, vapor quality might be a smidge lower without the use of glass, but it is also a portable afterall, still the most powerful hits of any portable I have used

Vape Dr.

@Vape Dr. - does the shorter mouthpiece deliver hotter/harsher vapor?

@stickstones The vapor is no different with the shorter mouthpiece.
I've used the ESV native style and the vapor was still super cool.
The reason I went with this shorter mouthpiece was the design.

I add a short piece of tubing to the mouthpiece, The style of MP keeps everything nice and snug.

Then my whip fits right into the short piece allowing me to use the ESV with my DIY whip until Elevapes whips come out.

As you can see I always have a MFLB stem and a few O-rings on my whip so I can use my ESV with any water pipe.:brow:

The whip is also great for stealth mode.:nod:
I put my ESV in my pocket and run the whip down my sleeve so I can inconspicuously enjoy my ESV anywhere!:evil:

@btka I am going to have several ESV videos up come next week.:rockon:
If you have any questions about the ESV feel free to PM me!

@Shit Snacks knows me all too well! I will start with a usage review, cleaning video, coil replacement, and whatever else I can think of that everyone will want to see!:D

:clap:YES THERE WILL BE ESV VIDEOS VERY SOON MY FRIENDS!!!:clap:

Shit Snacks

And my stir lid (and replacemebt lid, screens, and mouthpiece) all arrived today as well!

Early impressions are this little wonder is going to help the Elevape tale off in a big way! Though that has been deserved for a while in my opinion... Will report back once I've spent more time with it

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
is the stirring lid available for purchase? I was on their web site yesterday and didn't see it.

kazz,
Reactions: Sinclue

wax

How is the taste with this unit? Do you get large clouds like the solo/air?what is the bowl size like ?

wax,
Reactions: btka

Vape Dr.

@kazz The stirring lids are still in beta test mode. The final ones will be made from stainless steel I believe.:hmm:

@wax The taste of the Elevape is absolutely amazing. :nod:
I have mine set on 1, 3, and 6 which is 305F, 315F, and 330F.
I do not know how accurate the temps are, they seem amazingly low but I get great vapor on the lowest setting.
I also only put a pinch in my Elevape. Maybe .05 being generous, probably less.
I am able to consistently get great taste and vapor with each set temp.
IMO the stir lid helps out tremendously (I rotate the bottom lid a 1/4 turn after each draw) and will always get 12 great draws off a pinch, sometimes more!

Do not expect SOLO sized clouds, but I believe you will be amazed at the vapor production (depends on temp too). You may be able to get giant SOLO sized hits at higher temps but I'm happy as hell with the little amount I put in and the big return I get back!

@wax You can vape wax in the elevape as well with an herbalizer or crafty liquid pad.

They are also working on a new app that will make this great vape even greater!:clap:

No heat up time with the Elevape.

Instant gratification...enough said.

:science:

EveryDayAmnesiac

I had a really great day with the ESV today. I was at work for over 12 hours, at three different job sites, at all times with my boss, never having over 1 literal minute of privacy (including bathroom breaks) ... and I managed to stay semi-stoned all day without anyone knowing.

Thing is so damn sneaky and subtle. Even in the busiest of atmospheres with the least amount of privacy, there's no reason you can't be at least pretty high the entire time, with the ESV. And that's pretty goddamn important to me. I sure as shit can't deal with busy goddamn atmosphere with no privacy unless I'm at least pretty high.

Just grab it , suck it, stuff it back in, then blow it out. Bam.

scottg402

Fuck you guys for posting this shit! (Oops wrong thread :lol:) My ESV is still in the shop and I cannot wait to get it back!

Of course the malfunction was my fault. When changing the coil I had broken off a small piece of the old one in the post and not realized it. It was causing a short. I thought I checked it out pretty well but my blind ass missed it I guess.

Anyway I think it's shipping back tomorrow so hopefully I will have it by Thursday latest.

Very excited especially for the reasons you mentioned @EveryDayAmnesiac .

This thing is the new age one hitter and it's way more stealthy these days!

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

I had a really great day with the ESV today. I was at work for over 12 hours, at three different job sites, at all times with my boss, never having over 1 literal minute of privacy (including bathroom breaks) ... and I managed to stay semi-stoned all day without anyone knowing.

Thing is so damn sneaky and subtle. Even in the busiest of atmospheres with the least amount of privacy, there's no reason you can't be at least pretty high the entire time, with the ESV. And that's pretty goddamn important to me. I sure as shit can't deal with busy goddamn atmosphere with no privacy unless I'm at least pretty high.

Just grab it , suck it, stuff it back in, then blow it out. Bam.

@EveryDayAmnesiac Try your ESV with a Nibbler G water attachment!
Its spill proof and takes the ESV to another level!:rockon:

DormVapin

@Vape Dr. How do i unscrew the silver ring under the screen? Is there a special tool i need? I definitely have the same issue with the temp sensor.

Also just wanted mention after using my Cloud Evo for awhile I definitely notice a difference. .the Evo is so perfect with flawless hits and incredible efficiency that just can't be matched. Like I personally thing the price is worth the efficiency especially for concentrates. It still amazes me that i can put literally the smallest bit of oil u can even see in a glass cartridge and it gives a solid hit every time. But even with bud u can get a solid buzz off any amount really..even a couple tiny hairs.

Now I realize this isn't an Evo thread but just sayin Im very happy to be an owner of an evo. Since getting the elevape back I haven't been getting my flow back yet. I think I'm just not packing it enough because it seems whenever I pack it really tight is when I get the huge hits. But really I'm putting in a fair amount and I'm just not getting the efficiency. I don't no if I just like taking big hit's or what but we'll see. Also whoever complained about the money for the lid; call joe, trust me it's a great price if there's still any left . Im not going to say an exact figure but I can assure u under $10.

Ya I write to much I no. College and vyavanse just go together. Especially during finals :(

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

@Vape Dr. How do i unscrew the silver ring under the screen? Is there a special tool i need? I definitely have the same issue with the temp sensor.

Also just wanted mention after using my Cloud Evo for awhile I definitely notice a difference. .the Evo is so perfect with flawless hits and incredible efficiency that just can't be matched. Like I personally thing the price is worth the efficiency especially for concentrates. It still amazes me that i can put literally the smallest bit of oil u can even see in a glass cartridge and it gives a solid hit every time. But even with bud u can get a solid buzz off any amount really..even a couple tiny hairs.

Now I realize this isn't an Evo thread but just sayin Im very happy to be an owner of an evo. Since getting the elevape back I haven't been getting my flow back yet. I think I'm just not packing it enough because it seems whenever I pack it really tight is when I get the huge hits. But really I'm putting in a fair amount and I'm just not getting the efficiency. I don't no if I just like taking big hit's or what but we'll see. Also whoever complained about the money for the lid; call joe, trust me it's a great price if there's still any left . Im not going to say an exact figure but I can assure u under $10.

Ya I write to much I no. College and vyavanse just go together. Especially during finals :(

@DornVapin Ipuff does make a special tool.

If you have any W9 Tech globes you can use one of those also. They have 2 O-rings similar.

If you can find a rubber plug at a hardware store that will also work.

I took the silver ring out and added another fine screen myself. IMO that works the best at low temps.

I should have a usage video up here soon!:rockon:

Vape Dr.,
Reactions: btka

Shit Snacks

Ah I haven't replaced my bottom screen yet, and now I have two replacements (plenty of indica screens too), but I didn't receive one of those tools... Don't have any of the alternatives either unfortunately

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom