Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

LongDraw

For those of you with a VVPS, do you ever get freaked out that you’re just a little turn of the dial away from going up over 14v and potentially destroying the heater? Am I just being paranoid? How sensitive is the dial?

I have worried about that. The dial does take some effort, specially to click on, but if you were to rub against it i could see it moving some. I did recently drop my vvps from the arm of the couch, and not change to temp or damage to the vvps though.

triskelion

Can double taped the vvps at the corner of the table or set the vvps below 14v and use the spare dimmer that comes with the WS, that spare dimmer will max out at whatever volt you set the vvps.

triskelion,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

JEMSKU

For those of you with a VVPS, do you ever get freaked out that you’re just a little turn of the dial away from going up over 14v and potentially destroying the heater? Am I just being paranoid? How sensitive is the dial?

I do worry about it honestly. I got the 3-24v supply from Amazon, which was a bit of a mistake. I never use the aroma cup and the 9-24v supply would be much easier to set and not be as sensitive to bumps.

When I got it I was keeping rubber bands around it to hold down the knob, but I didn't find it made it any easier to keep the right setting. The band gets rubbed and bumped and it turns the knob. It honestly probably made it less likely to have a catastrophic jump in voltage, but I got tired of dealing with it and now I just keep the VVPS on the floor under my ottoman, with the woodscents on my couch.

Someone could tape a hard cover over the knob or something, but most solutions are just going to make it more difficult to use. The true solution is to just be mindful and careful :uhoh:

Alexis

I have used white tack/blue tack on nobs before to stop turning to maximum.

Anyways, regarding my previous post about hard draws, I am finding that this may not make the difference I thought and that my improved vapor production may have come from simply taking back-to-back hits towards the end of my bowl and building up the temp a bit more. Normally I wait at least a minute between hits, but stacking them has let me stretch my herb more that I thought I ever could with the woodscents.
I have experimented with various draw techniques and have had similar experiences to yourself sucking harder at the end of the load and seeming to continue to get lots of decent hits despite barely see through vapour at the time but substantial exhales.

However I don't think it really makes very much difference how hard or fast you inhale extraction and Performance seems to be fairly uniform and consistent regardless.

What does make a difference though, is when you leave the tip sitting on the heater without removing it between hits and then continue to take consecutive hits close together this will seem to increase the amount of vapor produced, and it does appear at these times that are harder faster draw can really ramp the density and overall hit size up even when you thought the load was at it's near end.

But either a long slow gentle pull, or as hard as you can suck, it works either way IME.

Last edited by a moderator:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Am I just being paranoid?

Yep paranoid, I have accidentally turned mine the wrong way when turning off(at least a dozen times) and not hurt anything, some people run at 14v all the time.:tup:

9-24v supply would be much easier to set and not be as sensitive to bumps.

Both VVPS are touchy to tune from what I have heard.:myday:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, hope all is going good for you all and you all are gearing up for the Black Friday Sales event going on everywhere. Woot woot I have my eyes on a few different places for tools and such as well as a couple of my hobbies.

EdsTnT%20BF%20Sale%20Image%20copy-1200x500.png

I have been giving it all in the shop working on restock of many WS species getting that all ready for the coming Black Friday Sale I am launching Nov. 27th through Dec. 2nd where you can get 10% off your entire shopping cart total using coupon code "GIVETHANKS" at checkout.

I have gotten in a huge load of Moroccan Thuya Burl in directly from there. Had to get 50+Kg of the stuff to make it worthwhile and lower shipping costs. I have gotten an importers shipping account setup which cut me some slack, but do you know much 50Kg of burl makes, ohh yeah, it’s a freaking lot lol. I will have it back in stock and available for a long time to come. Here is a piece I just finished up for restocking it

WoodScents%20Thuya%20Burl%20-%20Ed's%20TnT.png

Jeez these blanks are the finest I have had the chance to work. I am saying these are "slammed" burl WoodScents. These have been a joy to work.

Have also gotten in a load of Applewood logs. I have been searching for the longest time to get logs that are dry and within the size needed for WS. I have done a couple to three of these in just as many species in the past and with this load will be able to offer them for at least a few more than a dozen pieces. I have posted a few pics at IG and have asked around. Looks like this is the first ever Log LogVape WoodScents

Ed's%20Log%20LogVape%20-%20Ed's%20TnT.png

I posted this one below a 50/50 LE/Finished WoodScents and a follower of mine asked if I could do a solid body log WoodScents and so it is as you see above.

WoodScents%20Live%20Edge%20Applewood%20-%20Ed's%20TnT.png

How neat is that, you can see the lichen on the bark and enjoy the LE natural look as well as the turned and finished concave inner.

WoodScents%20Live%20Edge%20Applewood%202%20-%20Ed's%20TnT.png

Now I will have 3 of these ready to rip for the sale next week and working on more from then on.

I have also turned another stunning Karelian Burl WoodScents that will also be up for grabs next week. There are only a few of these in existence and go oh so fast. If you are eyeing it now and want it, you better jump on its ASAP.

WoodScents%20Karelian%20Burl%20-%20Ed's%20TnT.png

Also working on finishing up WS-DV workstations this next couple of days and will be releasing them middle of the week as well. Pics and specs to come soon.

Ohh if you haven’t taken part in the 3rd Annual Make A Wish Fundraiser Raffle just yet I encourage you to do so. Time is running out to get those entries in for a chance at a huge grand prize like no other awarded to a single winner. There will also be 18 runner up prizes awarded to just as many lucky winners offered up DynaVap.

@Alexis Thanks for posting up your advice, our guy @Easywider has been in touch with me and has that unit in rout back to me for a looky. Hope all is good your way bro.

@Easywider We going to get right bro bet that.

@Ramahs yes sir we have been talking about it and am here for ya when you remember to do so.

@triskelion WS heaters are built to be robust and handle well, keep rocking it bro.

@JEMSKU Keep it up, experimentation is fun. Well said bro, it only takes a sec to look over the setting to make sure all is good.

@LongDraw Pls post up your findings.

@letter never sent There is a lot of room on the dial for these VVPS that I offer and others similar. I find its best for me to have the WS unplugged from it and will set the VVPS to where I want it then attach it. But I know what my setting is and pretty much leave it be.

I appreciate you all and wish everyone a great Thanksgiving week ahead. Let’s all take a minute and be thankful for what we have and give thanks for that and for those that may not have as much as we do let’s do our part in some way big or small to give back to those that don’t have as much as we do. Sometimes all it takes is nothing more than a smile or holding open a door for another.

I can’t tell you how good I have it and how thankful I am. I am not rich nor ever will be. I do what I love and love that others love what I do. I go through trials like everyone else. Some are big, some are small, some only last a short time while others may go on and on for days and days and may seem like there is no end in sight but in the end all will work out and be what it’s supposed to.

Take care everyone and be safe out there, enjoy the time with your family and cherish the moments you have.

Alexis

Hey man that's cheap. I have been interested myself in getting a VVPS but I never wanted to spend that much for something which is more of a luxury than a necessity.

So this is legit, good enough VVPS basically? Mmm, I'm instantly tempted. Free shippimg, no customs.

Seems too good to be true. Hence my post here, just to check that I have not lost my marbles lol.

So what do you think guys? Should I grab one of those? Is it worth having one?

So itt says 100-240. That implies it should work for UK power right?
If anybody could confirm that for my tired and stoned brain it would be be much appreciated and would help define decision here.

I do hope everybody's been having a lovely weekend by the way. :)

Edit- yes Im sure it should be good for UK power.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
More amps are no problem, but I would recommend 14v, so you could go a little higher if it's necessary.

Personally I go up to 14v for the last few draws when I'm using the short glass only stem, which is my favourite.

But maybe that's not necessary with the new heater, can only speak of the old one :)

Top Bottom