Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hello gentlemen!

After a long time in the fence for a Woodscents I ordered a hawaiian Koa unit a few days ago. It still has to ship but meanwhile I have been reading this sub and all I see are positive vibes! Haven´t used a log vape in a few years but I really miss the experience.

Lately I have been very busy without spare time and my consumption and tolerance have gone to historical minimum, one vapcap of an average herb can ground me so I need to microdose in order to keep myself functional, but also enough medicated to relief my back pain. I can´t think of a better way to do this than a log vaporizer and among logs the most appealing to me is a Woodscents because of its esthetics and construction.

Having read the entire safety post in vaporasylum (does anybody else miss @momofthegoons over here?) I am pretty convinced Ed does everything in his hand to ensure safety and durability. This is an expensive unit but I hope this is money well spent because I already have a good collection of vaporizers but none of them can handle micro doses like the log I had.

Will post photos and impressions once it arrives!

Whisper

@jardri My Wood Scent is my favorite, and I purchased it last year during the sale. I hope you get as much joy out of yours, as I have mine. It was my first log vaporizer and I enjoy using my vapcap tip to microdose throughout the day. You've made a wise choice, for sure. It's a shame you missed the Annual March of Dimes raffle that Ed's and Vapor Asylum recently had. For a small donation, you had an opportunity to win thousands of dollars worth of vapor supplies. You may want to check that out, no telling what you'll find. Good luck, @ jardri.

I started using the glass stem that fits the Dynavap tip, and I actually like it a lot. Seems like you get more more airflow and cooling vs. the wood stem with condenser. I'm a fan. Would be interesting to try a glass cooling stem such as the new BB9. Still, you can't beat the wood stem in terms of aesthetics. :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
you can't beat the wood stem in terms of aesthetics
I love my Huon Pine stems from Ed, I like my walnut too, just the Huon Pine feels silky compared, it is a great species of wood.
img_20181010_130131best-jpg.5242

img_20181020_150611-jpg.5435

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I started using the glass stem that fits the Dynavap tip, and I actually like it a lot. Seems like you get more more airflow and cooling vs. the wood stem with condenser. I'm a fan. Would be interesting to try a glass cooling stem such as the new BB9. Still, you can't beat the wood stem in terms of aesthetics. :)

Yeah. I use the glass stem w/Dynavap tip 90% of the time these days.

Alexis

Really loving my Woodscents.

I run my 2019 model heater at 10.4~10.8 on VVPS.

My stems from @Aezhenn and @RogueGuy (Anelli Tradesman) are some of my favorites to use with the WS.

I also got a beautiful stand made by good buddy @antispleen - helps to keep a half-loaded stem inverted, so I don't knock it over and end up with ABV everywhere :rofl:

IMG_20191125_175219.jpg

:leaf::leaf::leaf:
Yo muunch, always refreshing to see you post with your honest and well-considered experience with each and every device. I was waiting in anticipation and looking forward to you you sharing your impressions of your new woodscents with us and I knew you would not let us down.

And your video clip was very appropriate and useful because there are various ways of loading and hitting the Wordsents and to this day, 2 .5 yeaes in, I'm not sure I can decide which is best or my preference.

For example tonight just now I have been hitting a pretty full load with a fine grind which I did compress slightly with my little finger at the top to try and form a surface.

The other modification I made with my Woodscents this year to improve the experience (along with better power lead/plug and DDave Ti mesh screens for airflow and more even and consistent extraction with or without stirring but even more of a difference without stirring vs the Ti tip stock screens)....

Bloody hell, I'm so high I suddenly have forgotten what this other important modification is low I'm not kidding I just hit a full bowl....oh haha, it has just come back to me now true story! :lol:

That outdoor Norrhern Cheese Haze Autoflower load really spun me suddenly.

Modofication- I pushed the heater disc in to allow fior a fuller load, without impacting it so much when you insert the heater.
However the only drawback to this is that sometimes when you remove the heater after the first hit the herb can be stuck to the inside of it like one of those anti-gravity rides at the fair lol.

It's easy enough to knock out and replace into the tip and after that they generally isn't a problem and it can be avoided why not very inserting the heater before you have begun your inhalation. All of this is coutesy of @Ramahs actually, but has find my own experience since too.

So.... tonight I have only had two full woodscents loads with a fine grind only compressed minimally to try and prevent the Hub being pulled out with the heater after the first hit.

This loading style it can take take quite some seconds or a few draws to get denser visible vapour flowing but the loads can go on for a good while with lots of really big hits and one loads can medicate me for some time with strong herb.

So I only hit 2 too big loads tonight after finishing a previous one 1and the effects was really nice. I did have my daily edibles before load one.

And some lovely kava before load 2.

But in your video, you demonstrate a very different way of loading and extracting which I often do myself as well just a pinch really which enables maximum airflow and a one-hit extraction which can still be very dense and tickle your throat TN with a large exhale.

If I was not more lazy or rather health challenged dexterity wise I would probably favour this approach of miniature loads and one-hit extractions.

I alternate but tonight these two to full fine grind loads have hit me really wonderfully in combination with the edibles and 2 to moderate doses of instant kava. It is an uplifting and energizing variety,, so it goes very well with a vape.

Thanks @muunch for sharing that and all your experiences with other models.

Have a good nighy in USA, (Australia?) And everywhere else all. :) :tup:

Edit- just catching up in the thread and I think I need to try one of these class water adaptors for the tip.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
However the only drawback to this is that sometimes when you remove the heater after the first hit the herb can be stuck to the inside of it like one of those anti-gravity rides at the fair lol.
Just do not pack as much and do not tamp the load down and you will never need to stir either.:myday:

I need to try one of these class water adaptors for the tip

A must-have, WS and water are a great match.:tup:

Alexis

Just do not pack as much and do not tamp the load down and you will never need to stir either.:myday:

A must-have, WS and water are a great match.:tup:
I use water exlusively. I just haven't tried the glass wpa for Ti tip. I have the original stock wpa.

I use my Ed's TNT Omnivap 18mm blackwood VonG with carb hole. I can't handle the draw restriction of the carbless stick wooden stem for long. The Omni bap stem with airflow at it's minimum but still allowing some extra air through still gives huge hits and extraction without needing to strain as much.

But @letter never sent and @Ramahs 's comments on it above, particularly the suggestion it has slightly freer airflow have gotten me considering it now.

What's the name of that woodwork guy's site again? :hmm:

Sativapo

Love mybran new walnut unit unit ! Beeing riping it non stop for a few days. I like the m stem that sits a bit more tight. I put a ddave Ti screen in the tip an a ss ddave screen for the heather that fits better there. The new heather maxes out exactly were I Wang et 10. But still gonna have a vvps. Does anyone else think the dynavap tiscreen is a bit too wide to fit perfectly in the heather ? I theh impression one side must be slightly bent for it to fit. Is it only me ? Also the heather rattles a bit when moving the unit. Not a problem but this is normal right ?

It's reallly gorgeous, my lousy pics don't compliment it but better than nothing :

Oh and of course it's my best vaping experience yet

Last edited:

Alexis

@LesPlenty very good day bro (or is that "Gooday Mate") :lol:

Yeah I get that, less herb, looser, better airflow. But with the bigger, more packed loads, it's really not a problem it just takes drying out the material slightly with the first few hits to open up the airflow to get that denser vapor, vs instant whitewall with mini loads.

But what I have never been a fan of with my vaporizing is knowing that's the Vapor density will decline heavily after the first hit. Meaning reloading between hits.

I like the longevity of the fuller bowls, once vapor is flowing I can take 10 plus really decent hits.
It's like a proper session. I use fine grind mostly, so lots of herb fits in there. A few chugs to dry it and loosen it and the clouds keep flowing for many consecutive equal hits.

Before I feel the need to stir, which I mostly do as soon as vapor starts to thin, I often feel medicated enough to leave the rest of the load, without any of the tinkering required with the smaller one or two hits loads.

Actually it's pros and cons at that stage. It becomes a bind to HAVE to go back to finish the extraction.

And with these Fuller loads towards the end and the Vapour looks very thin running through the bubbler but I continue to exhale substantial size clouds, too much so to abandon it.

But @LesPlenty I just came to say, next time you shop for or come across a link or or those glass adaptors you showed above, specifically 10mm male to 18mm male, for fitting the Ti tip into, please could you share mate.

Not in any rush at all. I had a Google but haven't searched too much and I haven't even checked DHgate yet I haven't actually shop there for a few years because they stopped accepting HSBC payments and I had some additional issues with the sights and I just haven't sorted out a payment option since but I think they might be taking HSBC again now.

So I intend to check them out but if you happen to come across a link in the meantime it would be much appreciated bro but no need to go out of your way.

If 10mm male to 18mm male isnt an option, I could of course use a 14-18 mm adapter.

Hope everyone is set for an enjoyable Sunday evening. :tup:

Edit- I realise I am being typically slow and the 14 to 18 mm adaptors are the ones you are showing and will in fact fit the Ti tip.

I'm sure I can find them easily enough now that I realise what I am looking for. Brain is not too sharp currently due to a variety of psychoactive herbs.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Or, you could just get you one of these, @Alexis

WoodScents%20-%20DynaVap%2014mm%20Glass%20WPA%20-%20Ed's%20TnT-500x500.png

For dry hits, I've found the glass stem that takes the Dynavap tip to be ideal.
I use it 90% of the time now when using the woodscents dry.

But of course the shorter wood wong that comes with the Woodscents is great for water pieces as well. I use it all the time.

Alexis

Or, you could just get you one of these, @Alexis

WoodScents%20-%20DynaVap%2014mm%20Glass%20WPA%20-%20Ed's%20TnT-500x500.png

For dry hits, I've found the glass stem that takes the Dynavap tip to be ideal.
I use it 90% of the time now when using the woodscents dry.

But of course the shorter wood wong that comes with the Woodscents is great for water pieces as well. I use it all the time.
Yeah that looks good too thanks man. I did click on an above link from LesPlebty I think it was, expecting to see this wap, but the link did not work.

But also Just looking for cheapest option. This one would add up for me with intl shipping and customs for a non-essential item. All of Ed's prices are more than fair we know that. He sure ain't no profiteer. But it would cost me maybe £40 total.

I mean, the Omni blackwood VonG with carb, my exact vapcap setup, works so well as is and I do need that extra bit of airflow the majority of the time.

So I figured more sense to try a m2m adapter first. Nice to have options.

I do also have rhe DDave Vapcap Glass wand. Except I haven't used it for absolutely yonks because I just can't deal with the draw restriction although it does change the vape signature into a much heavier hitter and faster extractor.

Alexis

Yeah, see, with water I don't want any airflow hole at all because it cuts down on the thickness/potency of the vapor.
It changes to vape signature as well you can use the lower temperature and generally the Vapour is harsher for me this way with both the vapcap and woodscenta.

With a eedy chug, and Omni screwed in all the way, I can get as dense vapor as I need, it can flow fast too. But I still want to tey the M2M adpaters fpr variety of expwrience.

Also, the carbed blackwppd VonG can be covered during the hit. I do this sometimes, but I never feel it is necessary to get better performance or bigger or better hits.

Carbless, I would almost favour a higher temp and faster even extraction.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
10mm male to 18mm male,
It is actually 14mm to 18mm male and is a gamble if they will fit, I usually had to put fatter o-rings to make the tips fit snug. I got mine before Ed had the 14 to 14mm option. (I like 18mm better:2c:)

but the link did not work.
Oops, old link.:tup:

I do also have rhe DDave Vapcap Glass wand. Except I haven't used it for absolutely yonks because I just can't deal with the draw restriction
All I can say is pack less, as I have no problem with the @DDave when I use it. I think you are using the wrong vape if you are looking for a session, the WS is not aimed at that, the bowl is just too small unledd you use the big glass wpa with the o-ring and the basket screen down low, 10 or more pulls there but not very ergonomic (you have to hang on to the WS while inverted on that wpa).
Get a LSV for longer sessions and stick to 1 or 2 best hits avail on a vape with the WS.:2c:

kato1234

My Karelian Burl WoodScents arrived yesterday and I'm not happy. We are packing to go away for Christmas and I won't have a chance to even try it until tomorrow night. I didn't know if it would get here before Christmas and so I was really happy when it arrived but do you know how hard it is to have it and not be able to try it. This is a truly beautiful piece of woodwork. After Christmas I will figure out how to post pictures again. If you want to see what it looks like right now Ed posted a picture of mine here on Nov. 24. In real life it is a bit darker and more buttery than white.

Last edited:

Ramahs

My Karelian Burl WoodScents arrived yesterday and I'm not happy. We are packing to go away for Christmas and I won't have a chance to even try it until tomorrow night. I didn't know if it would get here before Christmas and so I was really happy when it arrived but do you know how hard it is to have it and not be able to try it. This is a truly beautiful piece of woodwork. After Christmas I will figure out how to post pictures again. If you want to see what it looks like right now Ed posted a picture of mine here on Nov. 24. In real life it is a bit darker and more buttery than white.

All you need is a wall plug. Did ya pack those up as well? :shrug:

Alexis

Guys, 2008 December 23. I came down with an especially severe chest infection it was the first proper one I had experienced since my allergies and lyme disease began in 2005. I did not have the the knowledge and means to manage my symptoms and control infections at that stage and this infection was 10 times more severe than I had ever experienced before there was no way I could consider smoke or vaporization in any form whatsoever.

And it was December 24th that my brand new large Verdamper vaporizer arrived at 7:30 am in the post it was barely light.

£431 delivered by Christmas. I had never had a great vape by that point after disappointments.
I had heard of the Volcano. But I just remembered visiting Amsterdam in 2005, albeit with a schizophrenic friend gone potty, and I tried this glass vaporizer which this gallery we briefly visited had designed themselves it just extracted so quickly and easily from the skunk that I was reluctant to put in there at the time, and gave me this amazing high to leave with it was so easy and quick and limitless how high you would be able to get.

So I wanted something like that and digging around I came across the Verdamper vaporizer. I quickly found the only UK stockist at the time I'm it was very unknown and I ordered myself model 468 or something.

I was so excited about this new vaporizer which could finally get me stoned with my allergies which did not allow me to smoke pure weed in any form and the vaporizers I had and had tried were basically shit.

But this chest infection was so severe I couldn't even sleep more than 2 hours a night. There was no way I could use my new vaporizer it would have been dangerous at the time I'm without the symptom and infection control knowledge I have now.

I figured I would wait 2 weeks for a chest infection to go but it was a full 7 weeks of mega intensity suffering until I finally got some high quality essential oils and cleared it completely.

I had picked up a good half ounce of different bits of skunk and stuff just really blast over Christmas with my exciting new vaporizer and then I had to wait 7 weeks before I could get cracking! :cry::rant:

So when I did. Boy, guys. Now I have done a lot of crazy things over time. I have rearrange my brain so many times to such a high degree with all sorts of psychedelic compounds like there is no tomorrow.

I'm no mega hardcore pothead and never have been or tried to be because that would be pointless losing appreciation and building tolerance.

But I can promise you that the following 11 days that I hit my verdamper 3 decent and even loads each day I have never felt more messed up from any prolonged drug binge.

0.4 grams or just over per load. 3 times. I had a whitey every night after finishing the third load and getting into bed no kidding.

That vaporizer is an absolute beast how hard it smacks you in the face and cut through tolerance every day no matter how much you use it.

6 years of service. I still miss it a lot, but it is just too brutal and aggressive for me physically although the new temperature adjustable version would be much better option and I can't say I haven't been tempted.

Alexis,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Ramahs

Guys, 2008 December 23. I came down with an especially severe chest infection it was the first proper one I had experienced since my allergies and lyme disease began in 2005. I did not have the the knowledge and means to manage my symptoms and control infections at that stage and this infection was 10 times more severe than I had ever experienced before there was no way I could consider smoke or vaporization in any form whatsoever.

And it was December 24th that my brand new large Verdamper vaporizer arrived at 7:30 am in the post it was barely light.

£431 delivered by Christmas. I had never had a great vape by that point after disappointments.
I had heard of the Volcano. But I just remembered visiting Amsterdam in 2005, albeit with a schizophrenic friend gone potty, and I tried this glass vaporizer which this gallery we briefly visited had designed themselves it just extracted so quickly and easily from the skunk that I was reluctant to put in there at the time, and gave me this amazing high to leave with it was so easy and quick and limitless how high you would be able to get.

So I wanted something like that and digging around I came across the Verdamper vaporizer. I quickly found the only UK stockist at the time I'm it was very unknown and I ordered myself model 468 or something.

I was so excited about this new vaporizer which could finally get me stoned with my allergies which did not allow me to smoke pure weed in any form and the vaporizers I had and had tried were basically shit.

But this chest infection was so severe I couldn't even sleep more than 2 hours a night. There was no way I could use my new vaporizer it would have been dangerous at the time I'm without the symptom and infection control knowledge I have now.

I figured I would wait 2 weeks for a chest infection to go but it was a full 7 weeks of mega intensity suffering until I finally got some high quality essential oils and cleared it completely.

I had picked up a good half ounce of different bits of skunk and stuff just really blast over Christmas with my exciting new vaporizer and then I had to wait 7 weeks before I could get cracking! :cry::rant:

So when I did. Boy, guys. Now I have done a lot of crazy things over time. I have rearrange my brain so many times to such a high degree with all sorts of psychedelic compounds like there is no tomorrow.

I'm no mega hardcore pothead and never have been or tried to be because that would be pointless losing appreciation and building tolerance.

But I can promise you that the following 11 days that I hit my verdamper 3 decent and even loads each day I have never felt more messed up from any prolonged drug binge.

0.4 grams or just over per load. 3 times. I had a whitey every night after finishing the third load and getting into bed no kidding.

That vaporizer is an absolute beast how hard it smacks you in the face and cut through tolerance every day no matter how much you use it.

6 years of service. I still miss it a lot, but it is just too brutal and aggressive for me physically although the new temperature adjustable version would be much better option and I can't say I haven't been tempted.

Something tells me that you thought you were posting in a different thread.
This isn't the Verdamper thread. LoLz

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I just finished presenting papers, paying customs and taxes for importing a woodscents. 79,87€ plus 2 weeks of delay and about 2-3 hours of paperwork. I still dont have my unit and wont have in a couple of days. Before all the vape paranoia taxes would have been a lot less because I used to declare vapes as medical aromatherapy devices but now that definition is forbidden and I have to declare it as a decorative oil diffuser with full tax and a little extra fee. Fuck black market oil carts and gubernamental idiocracy they just cost me 45€ :cuss::cuss: If you want to import a vape from USA to Europe wait a few months..

Alexis

Something tells me that you thought you were posting in a different thread.
This isn't the Verdamper thread. LoLz
Yeah Im aware of that. I was just telling the story of my own nightmare experience with not being able to use a brand new and exciting vape at Christmas time but my own situation was far worse and more agonisigly prolongued than this gentleman's above is bound to be.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yeah Im aware of that. I was just telling the story of my own nightmare experience with not being able to use a brand new and exciting vape at Christmas time but my own situation was far worse and more agonisigly prolongued than this gentleman's above is bound to be.

Excuse accepted but please everyone, let's leave it there. Thanks for your cooperation.

Top Bottom