Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Chandler

I will make an attempt to articulate why

look forward to hearing your thoughts!! I'm pulling up a chair.
@arb been sitting in this chair waiting and eating popcorn all week!

I'm sure it's been asked and posted, but what number do you keep your dial at rotary users?

Do the numbers actually represent voltage or just a temperature range?

14/18mm wooden adapter. Does it have a condenser or is it pure wood?
If it's pure wood, does it add a woody flavor to one's sessions?

Thanks

Edit* apologies mods. I thought I was writing in the same chat bubble. Didn't mean to double post

mod note: double post? what double post?

Last edited by a moderator:

arb

Semi shaved ape

I'm sure it's been asked and posted, but what number do you keep your dial at rotary users?

Thanks

Edit* apologies mods. I thought I was writing in the same chat bubble. Didn't mean to double post

mod note: double post? what double post?
Sorry had a tooth pulled Tuesday so still a bit tender for any restrictive sucking.........who likes that?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

About 9.5 for dry hits with the longer wooden stem or other custom stems.

I doubt that they represent anything specific.

Here is a graph from Ed's site:
Screen-Shot-2019-04-08-at-1-22-43-AM.png

^ Now, of course, those indicated temps are would be for the heating element itself (in the titanium stem, below the screen). That is NOT the temp of your bowl.

I prefer about 9.5 for dry hits with the longer wooden stem that comes with the vape, or with other third party stems. I turn it all the way up to 10 using either the WonG that comes with the vape, or any other wood or glass adapters that I may use with the vape...all using Dynavap Titanium tips only.

But, basically, it's an analog control of temp, and you just have to find your preferred temp through experimentation.

Many people seem to prefer it between 7-8, but I don't get it. I've been beaning to get the voltage regulated controller that can turn it up higher than the dial can. That's what many are doing..

No condenser on that. However, it's my preferred way to use my Woodscents with a water-piece.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker

Thanks

I'm using my WoodScent between 11.5V and 14V (for least few draws), depending on filled material. Numbers are showing voltage.

The 18/14 adapter has no condenser. The longer stem, usable as a 14mm adapter and a great VapCap stem, has a condenser.

I could imagine it depends on the wood, if there's some wooden taste. My black and white ebony doesn't taste a bit, but maybe wood like walnut, what's known for a stronger, longer lasting taste, may taste a bit in the beginning.

LesPlenty

Company Rep

arb

Semi shaved ape

Whisper

I also use 14 male-19 male, with a tip in my j hook. My other tip is resting in the glass tube you'll get with your Wood Scents. The glass tube is nice for sipping, at least, for me. I don't have a comfortable table to use my glass on, but, I am looking.
My temperature, on the rotary is 7. It is lower, but it works well for slow comfortable hits. Lung busters no longer thrill me, they hurt me:cry:.
I am not a fan of the wood, on my lips.., too fat and the feel. There will be a lot of ways to use your WS, and you may think of some, no one else has.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, hope all is well. Been hard at it here and making it happen. Wanted to let you all know I have the WS stands in stock in Maple and Walnut in left hand and right hand styles

WoodScents%20Stand%20Maple%20w-Unit%20-%20Ed's%20TnT-500x500.png

These are great pieces and are at an introductory price for now. I know the WS package comes with a bunch of accessories and only makes sense to have them all neatly in one place and safe.
WS%20Stand%20Walnut%20w-Unit%20-%203-28-19-500x500.png

I want to also let you all know about what I have just learned. I will no longer offer Blackwood or Cocobolo internationally. I will have to look at the list again to make sure I dont offer any other species that may be on it. I am not sure how many of you all have heard of CITES, this is the meaning

CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) is an international agreement between governments. Its aim is to ensure that international trade in specimens of wild animals and plants does not threaten their survival.

I had never really given it much thought as I only deal with 2 companies for these particular woods and both are above board with their handling of importing exotic wood species so wasnt even a real issue to me. I was asked by a dealer about these wood species the other day so I started looking into and also calling my guys. Well times are a changing and with that I have to change and adapt as well. If I want to offer them outside the US I would have to be certified. I looked into getting a exporter permit and the cost of that and the likelihood of that happening and the time it takes only to decide its not worth it. I will continue to make and offer products in these two species but will only make them available in the US. I have looked for alternatives to these species and have found Gaboon Ebony to be a great alternative to the Blackwood but for the Cocobolo there really isnt one. I completely understand what is being done and to ensure that I do my part in the preservation of these species I am going to follow the rules. The black market wood trade is big big business and is a terrible industry that doesnt just take advantage of the trees but also the communities and people in these areas. If you have any questions for me regarding this pls let me know.

@Ramahs Hehehe crazy pills huh, bet you thought someone had slipped me a couple after my post lol. Ahh point noted and no sir it will stay. Jeez bro sorry to hear you were under the weather but sounds like your method of self medicating should have made an impact. Hope you have shaken it by now. BTW stashes have been delayed, should have had them in by now but have been delayed a couple more weeks. I will update you when in hand. Neat rig bro. Appreciate all the advise you continue to post for others, thanks so much bro!

@Dan Morrison I appreciate it bro.

Hahaha @arb thats too funny, "nobody puts baby in a corner" I am glad you are digging her that much and now you are certain its a rock solid. Bro hope the tooth is better by now.

@Reflections Omgosh it has been a long time, I hope you are well and all is good for you. Its that time of year again and we have started shooting sports again with the kids. My two oldest are wishy washy this year and didnt want to do it so just have my 10 year old son doing it and having moved up in age he is having to learn to hold his air rifle and pistol in a different manner, no sand bags to rest them on. Its spring time here and we are looking forward to it. Packed on a few too many lbs. over the winter and am working on shedding those with eating right and exercise ughhh like I have plenty of time for that right now. All in all all is good and life is great, I am very thankful and appreciate all my many blessings. I still remember doing that piece for you and am glad to hear you are enjoying it even now, thanks. Is so good to hear from you and thank you for stopping by.

@Chandler Bro I cant wait for you to get your piece in. The temp scale shown is the temp probed at the heater itself. There are alot of factors that can determine the temp while in use, be it load pack or draw speed but what is certain is the temp of the heater itself. The scale just gives you a good idea of its range and somewhere to start. After you have used it a few times you will find your desired setting. The 14/18mm wong does not have a condenser and will at first have an earthy flavor but once coated with vapor over time will dissipate. As @Alex3oe stated wood specie also has something to do with taste as well, denser woods like the one you have coming wouldnt be such a factor like walnut would be more so.

@Skinnyarbuckle Bro I appreciate the impression you got from me, wanna say we spoke for quite a bit didnt we and you made mention of you appreciating my honesty a time or two during our talk. Bro I am who I am here there on the phone by email or however, I do what I love and love that others love what I do. I dont have time for BS and wont bring any either. My family is all I have and if they arent happy I aint either. I enjoyed our talk and am still here for ya. If ya wanna talk more about it or wanna know more get at me. Just a heads up may have some circassian walnut burl coming soon, have never had any of it, have always wanted to get my hands on it, if you are not familiar with it pls have a look, I believe it may be just what we were talking about.

@Whisper Thanks so much for the kind words and recommendation, i really appreciate you. To each their own right, as you said their are many ways to use the WS and gotta work what works for you.

@ArthurJ My man, a while, why so? I hope its still treating you well and that Thuya is a beautiful species. Thanks for the post and showing off that gem.

@triskelion Great shot bro!

@Alex3oe Correct on all, thanks for the posts bro!

@LesPlenty Always appreciate your posts too bro, you give great advice.

Thats it yall, gotta get my butt out to the shop and make magic. Wish you all a great day and week ahead.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Excited to finally be a part of the woodscents family. Really enjoying this vape so far. Still getting to know her, but having great results. I’m finding I’m getting best results at the higher temps, around 8+. Nice clouds, good flavor.
swthxt.jpg

23w5e7l.jpg

2wfspwn.jpg

24yquyp.jpg

arb

Semi shaved ape
Wow..............another buckeye stunner!
I am curious as to why @Ed's TnT does not brand the actual units with your mark like your accessories?
What is the best way to stop the wong from wobbling in a piece?
Mine seals but is super wiggly which bugs me........literally my only"complaint".

Ramahs

Wow..............another buckeye stunner!
I am curious as to why @Ed's TnT does not brand the actual units with your mark like your accessories?
What is the best way to stop the wong from wobbling in a piece?
Mine seals but is super wiggly which bugs me........literally my only"complaint".

He does brand them. The stamp is on the leather bottom-cover.

For the WonGs, I always give them a slight twist with slight downward pressure to snug them up.

Ramahs

This, as well as the WS not being able to smoothly spin on my TI tip. Sometimes there’s a grinding, sometimes it catches a snag to where I’m barely able to spin it at all. I just sort of let it sit on it at this point.

Hmm...strange. I’ve never had any issue spinning any of my Ti or Steel tips with my Woodscents.

Ramahs

Sometimes I can get it to spin freely but then it’ll catch or there will be some resistance. Maybe I’m just tilting the WS unknowingly? Not sure.
The oring helps.

If you’re using the straight stems with the basket screens, then yeah, you need the o-rings or it would probably have the issues you describe.

I don’t like those stems. I only use stems with Dynavap tips with my woodscents. Even the glass stem(s) I use are ones that use the Dynavap tips.

But if it’s catching with the Ti tips, you may want to message @Ed’s Tnt and ask him directly about it.

AJS

Calm Consistency
If you’re using the straight stems with the basket screens, then yeah, you need the o-rings or it would probably have the issues you describe.

I don’t like those stems. I only use stems with Dynavap tips with my woodscents. Even the glass stem(s) I use are ones that use the Dynavap tips.
I'm only describing my experience with the Ti tip, with/without oring, not the straight stems with basket.

What's your reasoning for preferring the dynavap tip?

AJS

Calm Consistency
I think the heat retention the Ti provides adds a bit of cunduction from the sides that helps everything roast evenly.
Agreed, I like to heat soak my bubbler rips with the Dynavap tip, helps bring it all out I think. The glass tips are more comfortable for my lips though, and with the oring they seal nice and spin easy. If my dynavap spun perfectly for me it would probably be my top choice in all areas, but currently I'm finding benefits to either type of stem.

Ramahs

Agreed, I like to heat soak my bubbler rips with the Dynavap tip, helps bring it all out I think. The glass tips are more comfortable for my lips though, and with the oring they seal nice and spin easy. If my dynavap spun perfectly for me it would probably be my top choice in all areas, but currently I'm finding benefits to either type of stem.

Ed sells at least a couple kinds of glass-stems on his website that fit the Dynavap tips, or you can get one from a third-party accessory maker, like this one I got from Glass Charlie on instagram. I’ve been using it with my Woodscents as well:

1-AD02-E60-351-A-46-B9-BC9-E-37-EA2-D88-C0-C1.jpg

Mangu

Dude I had a very similar problem! I reached out to Ed and he was super responsive and helpful. I ended up sending the unit to him a couple times but he could not find an issue. Turned out I had received some kind of defective titanium cap that would catch ever too slightly on my heater.

Last edited:
Top Bottom