Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Curiousone

So...placed my order Saturday. Received ship notification early Monday morning (really early). Arrived today!

It's really dope Ed! I'm a hobbyist, sometimes semi-pro woodwooker (furniture, picture frames, etc)....never seen Blackwood in person. It sorta reminds me of some Ipe I've been keeping for a special piece. I didn't expect it to be as "brown" because in pics it really seems black.

Anyway, it looks awesome and works even better. I had gotten used to the standard stem's draw, but this one is freer and just feels more natural. The taste is noticeably different, but not in a bad way. The wood does impart it's flavor. I was concerned that I might have to run my solo at higher temp levels to get the same clouds, but it's not an issue. Wish I had one a long time ago!

Peace

Curiousone,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

ProudVaporTowerOwner

If not, there's no rush Bro..I'm still using the one I bought last year:) ...(note to the mod) If you want me to use the edit button can you make it so it don't dissapear?

ProudVaporTowerOwner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning all. I have been slammed in the shop as usual lately, got a big order of LB stems to finish and then will be working on the solo stems again in a couplea weeks or so. The Bog Oak is top on the list!

Curiousone, I am really glad you are happy with your piece! Your kind words are what its all about! I wish I was able to really capture the tiny details of the wood with my camera, its hard to get in close and accurately depict the pieces in the photos. I do try and do my best though and show the pieces as close to what they are as possible. I feel the wood accents the vapor slightly as you said but not in a bad way, its a little subtle difference. I do hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.

PVTO, I havent had a chance to really work on the channel idea bro, I do plan on it, just gonna be a couple more weeks before I am able to tackle it. Pls hang in there with me just a little longer. I look forward to trying it.

Ok so just show you all I havent been screwing off here is a pic of whats been happening at eds tnt

2013-09-27113745_zps1467a38e.jpg

This is a box of Maple LB stems, bet you cant guess how many are in there!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Hello and good morning all. I have been slammed in the shop as usual lately, got a big order of LB stems to finish and then will be working on the solo stems again in a couplea weeks or so. The Bog Oak is top on the list!

Curiousone, I am really glad you are happy with your piece! Your kind words are what its all about! I wish I was able to really capture the tiny details of the wood with my camera, its hard to get in close and accurately depict the pieces in the photos. I do try and do my best though and show the pieces as close to what they are as possible. I feel the wood accents the vapor slightly as you said but not in a bad way, its a little subtle difference. I do hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.

PVTO, I havent had a chance to really work on the channel idea bro, I do plan on it, just gonna be a couple more weeks before I am able to tackle it. Pls hang in there with me just a little longer. I look forward to trying it.

Ok so just show you all I havent been screwing off here is a pic of whats been happening at eds tnt

2013-09-27113745_zps1467a38e.jpg

This is a box of Maple LB stems, bet you cant guess how many are in there!
My guess is about 300-350 stems:rockon:! Prize for the winner!:clap:

Last edited:
Snappo,
Reactions: Maine420

beach bum

Good morning, Ed! Long time, no chat - sometimes time really flies! Just wanted you to know we showed off our bog oak Zap tube yesterday to some friends. They couldn't believe they were holding 4000 years of history in their hands. It's an exquisite piece and we are so thankful that you were willing to take the time to make this as a "special order". :bowdown:

Thank you for all you do! Best to you and Mrs. Ed!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I agree BB, its been a really long time! I hope you have been well. I sure have missed seeing you around. I am really glad you like the BO Zap stem still. It was fun making it for you, a really cool special order. I appreciate the kind words for me and mrs. ed, she has started teaching school and isnt able to help out as much as she used to. She is a first grade teacher now and loves it. I am glad she is able to really do what she loves! I wish you all the best and thanks for stopping by, its always good to hear from you.

banana_republic

Hello dear members and hello Ed!

Got my hands on an aweome piece handmade by this guy and I am impressed how gorgeous and well made this thing is! I am pretty sure a photo will not be able to show how beatyful these "wood drawings" are, but you can have an idea. Apart from that, I made some testing and had my first impressions:

IMG_0599_zps6933b5dc.jpg

- The bowl is larger than original glass tube bowl (specially a glass tube with a domed screen). Very good for party mode :)
- The woody flavor is very nice and different. A friend of mine told he prefered the woody flavour, I am still to choose my preference, but I liked it a lot! :)
- The connection with the SOLO seems quite tight. I hope (and believe) it will not enlarge the solo bowl. For sure I can turn this thing upside down fearless :)
- Those "dents" in the metal bowl really help airflow. I liked it a lot :)
- It matches my 14mm bubbler joint perfectly. I am impressed how tight the connection matches and seals so tight! 1 more postive impression!! :)

So, these are my first impressions. All excelent! Thanks a lot Ed, you're THE MAN!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning!

Wow, thanks for posting your positive feedback Bnana! I really appreciate all the kind words and the pic looks great! I hope you enjoy that piece for a long time to come.

Been slammed in the shop the last few days as always. Just about finished the LB stem order. I will have it finished 3 weeks early! Called MF yesterday and they are really happy to hear it! I always give the customer a solid guesstimate on big orders and custom made orders, I usually know how long it will take to do the work but will always add a week or two for those just in case instances where something may F'up or break and then may be down a couple of days. Always have to take into consideration family time! Got duties to do for the family and have to spend quality time for sure! So when I get the order done early done before the deadline then the customer is happy and then I am happy!

After all the LB stems have been fit in the box each has to be buttered. I spent the whole freaking day yesterday rolling the little stems between my thumb and index finger in one hand and holding the rag with the butter in the other hand. Oh are my finger sore! Got a dang blister even! Only have a couple hundred pieces left to finish and then they are off to Cali. by the end of this coming week.

Spun a bunch of exotic lb stems to get a some species back in stock and other stocked up. Turned some really nice curly flame maple lb stems that really popped when I rubbed em down with butter. Just glad I was able to get these done, been slacking on them.

Will be turning the BO solo stems and other species of solo stems next week. I look forward to doing something different for a while.

PVTO and Snappo, I havent had any luck with the channels in the solo stem bushing. I gave it a good try and wasnt successful. I have to be super slow and careful when doing this. My lathe is manual feed when working the mill. You have to really take your time and ease the bushing from side to side by hand and watch what youre doing trying not to put to much pressure on the bit. The bits are only 3/32" wide and dont take much to break em. I broke 3 trying it and that cost me $50. I got pissed off and quit at that point! I am sorry but I am not gonna try it again unless I find some tougher milling bits or figure another way of doing it. I hope you understand. I will get your pieces turned this week if all goes well and will get them out to you as soon as possible.

I hope all is well out there and wish everyone a great weekend!

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
Your work is very nice , I really hope you will do something for the Firewood vaporizer because it needs to.

Grange Goreman,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning Grange, I hope all is well your way. Had a guy last night get with me about the firewood and even have it on the way to me today. So keep an eye out bro, I hope be able to do something for it soon. Its gonna be fun to do something a little different. I look forward to working with it!

Top Bottom