Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Super nice collection Gvape, I like your choices, you have such a variety of goodies, i love the bocote and the two tone mahoe. All are eye popping though, thanks for posting the pics bro!

Orestes, I appreciate the biz, you'll have sweet combo, pls post a pic when you can, I always like to see em paired zap/tube.

Damn finger has gotten in the way alot, I manned up today and spun a few myrtle tubes, one has an eye all the way through it, very nice. The grain in sleek and shiny, they all finished very well. Will try and get pics tomorrow and get em up then too.

Damn drunks arent for shit & damn drunk chicks are only good for one thing!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Spun these ysterday, got em finished and am loading them now, you can pick em up at my Shopping Cart
Oregon Myrtlewood
MyrtlewoodTubes2.jpg

Ed's TnT,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Beautiful work Ed!

Hope you're feeling better.

Tough to keep a wood turner away from the lathe.

Alan,

Grow

I can see that hand is not keeping you from putting out some astonishing pieces , just got my new vapor tube today, love it :) I really like the new shorter brass tips, they look even better now.

Grow,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thank you TV and Grow, I aint one to sit still and let the grass grow between my toes. I am a mover and a shaker, I gotta be moving. I sit still for a minute and I keep thinking what I could be doing, what I could be making, and thats too much thinking, I am on the move. Damn finger kept getting in the way, F'd up a few pieces before I figured a new way to hold the chisels. All turned out really well.

Its like making magic TV, I know I dont have to explain it to you bro!

I keep seeing the shorter brass tips and they do look mo better.

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was pretty nervous, when I read that there was a limited amount of Myrtlewood. I surely know I will collect more of these awesome beauties, but I wanted my first to be "Myrtle on Myrtle".
I am very pleased with this decision, and am really excited.
"Ed" was so down to earth and easy to communicate with too. Fine work! :)

Vitolo,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Ed, I noticed your cart wasn't working, which set me back on ordering those 2 Figured Walnut and that Redwood Burl tube for a quick minute. I think we both were pretty happy when it started working again :brow:

Ed's TnT said:
Damn drunks arent for shit & damn drunk chicks are only good for one thing!
:lol:

Hope the hand gets better Ed.

EDIT
Just saw the Redwood burl tokes from the other thread and I was wondering, Ed, is there any chance you could do that turquoise on a Zap tube? That would be too fat.

Nebera,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
You know you right Nebera! The hands getting better bro, thanks. The dressing is much smaller now and is making it easier to work. Those are actually Amboyna burl tokes with the turquoise. I have thought about it and have mentioned Ebony having a few worm holes in it, I have some that are full of holes and was thinking that I might be able to turn and pack em with the turquoise for a beautiful piece, we'll see.

I did just get some really nice Japanese Sugi, its in the cedar family, the color and density resembles koa, the grain is really thick and heavy with varying color tones, I cant make up my mind what I wanna make from em first.

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Just saw the Redwood burl tokes from the other thread and I was wondering, Ed, is there any chance you could do that turquoise on a Zap tube? That would be too fat.

Damn. I hadn't noticed that. It would be incredible in a vapor tube. Damn. :uhoh:

momofthegoons,

guardian

hey ED can you post any various pics of the afzelia burl vapor tubes here? i want to see a few different ones together to see what the grain looks like. the current pic on the site is of 3 and they look amazing probly my #1 choice if i get a log vape soon, also do you have any smaller pieces of gatorskin afzelia too small for a dugout etc to make some tubes with?

guardian,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Although he checks in here often, the best way to get ahold of Ed is to pm him. He'll get back to you real quick.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello Guardian, I thank you for the inquiry. The Afzelia Burl you saw at my site is of two pieces. The Amboyna burl is of the three and I am sold out of what I have made already. The afzelia you see is there has a diverse grain pattern and the colors are just the same. I do need to take some pics, I have a couple Big Eye Afzelia I need to get shot and loaded soon too. I will try and get something done within the next couplea days, will have you something soon.

Thanks for the help Mom, I hope all is well.

Been getting crazy there again with lumber, have 3 really nice boards of blood wood coming, a hella slab of purple heart, and a few other small goodies. Cant wait to get to working these beauties. The Blood wood may be thick enough to turn tubes, the purple heart will make alota everything. Broke a part on my table saw last night, not cool, the part is small and inexpensive, just slows me down a couplea days. Am gonna make some really nice Afzelia dugouts and gonna introduce new Hawaiian Black Heart Mango Dugouts soon also. Its a really nice specie, has a khaki colored softwood with a dark black streaking line separating a bright orange heart wood. All the tubes I sent out this week should be making it within this week, am interested to hear your thoughts everyone, pls do share em! I wish you all well.

The wife and I are going to Red Lobster tonight, gonna eat some crab and drink a few coldies!!

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am absolutely crazy about my new Myrtle stem! I got the one you see standing in the picture above (second from the left), from Ed's post #302
Photoon2011-06-02at1119.jpg

Thanks, Ed! :nod:

Vitolo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
pakalolo said:
aesthyrian said:
Nebera said:
I wasnt even in the room when it happened, one of my buddies told me about it later. It was just some dumb drunk chick. :rolleyes:

Oh man that's horrible! Reminds of when some drunk kid smoked out of my friends Da Buddha wand... he just lit the end of the bowl :rolleyes:

damn drunks

:rofl:

You really have to watch people. Especially drunks....
Hope your hand feels better Ed. I fractured my foot in two places about a year and a half ago; slipped on ice walking down steps.
The first few days were excruciating - I had to crawl to the bathroom; how I got into the shower is beyond my ability to recall.
About a week later I started feeling better - it's amazing how fast the body can heal itself.
And vaping helped - it shifted my awareness away from the pain which helped immeasurably.

What Mom was saying about a stem holder would be nice but maybe the wallet concept is better for a serious collection.
I'm thinking something along the lines of a kid's art kit if you can imagine, a long plastic wallet that would ordinarily hold crayons or drawing pencils.

jeffp,

CutePanda

I just received Ed's Butter in the mail today. What do ya'll recommend I use to apply it to my MFLB?

CutePanda,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I wore a medical exam glove to apply the butters to wood. My wife used bare fingers.
we both used a cotton dish cloth 9like a diaper0 to buff afetrwards.

Vitolo,

CutePanda

@ Vitolo: Thanks for the quick response. I'll be using my fingers to apply it and a cotton dish cloth to wipe it away. How long do you let it sit for before wiping? And how often do you apply it?

CutePanda,

gvape

jeffp said:

Yeah, im basically buying something like that...

http://cgi.ebay.com/LUXURY-LEATHER-...ps=63&clkid=372065288418667064#ht_2517wt_1139

Also, I never buff the butter after I apply it to my PD, MFLB, or Wood Stems. I just let it sit with it on. I try not to use the device or stems after I apply it so it can soak it all in. I also use my fingers to apply. Eds Bomb Ass Butter isnt as hard as the PD wax so it works on a lot easier but with the PD butter, I usually use the back of my nail to get a good glob out. I have tried both wax's on the stems but I really love the smell of the Peach BAB. Its addicting.....

gvape,

Vitolo

Vaporist
CutePanda said:
@ Vitolo: Thanks for the quick response. I'll be using my fingers to apply it and a cotton dish cloth to wipe it away. How long do you let it sit for before wiping? And how often do you apply it?
I just got it , so I do it.... once :lol: !
I will likely do it once a month. Maybe every couple of months, or whenever it looks "down".
Once a month is what I do to other wood pieces in the house.

Vitolo,

gvape

Vitolo said:
CutePanda said:
I just got it , so I do it.... once :lol: !
I will likely do it once a month. Maybe every couple of months, or whenever it looks "down".
Once a month is what I do to other wood pieces in the house.

I do mine a bit for frequently. Id say about 2-4 times a month.

gvape,

CutePanda

@ Vitolo and Gvape: Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I just applied a thin layer of the peach which I do agree smells damn good. Also ordered the Blackberry/Sage and Honeysuckle butters, but I do like the smell of peach the best. Will try letting it sit for an hour or so and then if it's still buttery by the time I want to use it, I'll wipe the rest away. Hooray for my MFLB looking better already.

CutePanda,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning all, wow Vitolo really like that pic you have of the two, very nice! I do hope you enjoy those pieces. Rick does great work, I love seeing his creations as much as my own.

Really like your idea for the tube pouch JeffP, I think that would be bad ass if you could get something like that made outa hemp, get one maybe for 3 for a quick carry, and maybe one for 6 or so for keeping the safe and secure. I wanna look into this idea you have. I know some people that work with hemp and maybe its something that could be done.

You gotta love that Peach BAB, I really dig the scent too. Its very pleasing. I just rub it on with a paper towel and rub it off with one also. I buff every piece that leaves the shop, I have a bench top buffer that makes it easy, works great and increases the shine depending on the specie. I usually hit my pieces with the BAB when I can see they show some wear, the BAB breathes new life in em every time. Next time I make some BAB, I wanna do Magnolia scent and wanna make a natural just beeswax BAB, some beeswax naturally smells pleasing, my guy from Hawaii makes the BEELine its an organic hemp wick used for lighting what have you with no toxins, they have the best smelling wax I have found yet. If you can check em out BEELine.

I will get those shots for ya today Guardian, may have em up here later, may have to be tomorrow.

Have a few slabs of Buckeye Burl on the way, I have to say it is one of the most amazing specie I have ever seen, its a really soft wood, usually has quite a few voids, so will be great for turquoise inlay. I am so anxious to get em. Also have some more really nice B&W Ebony coming too.

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom