Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I loaded a nice grind yesterday in the Solo Tube, heat setting on 6, let the SS warm up for bout a minute. First couplea pulls were ok, 3,4 & 5 were heavy clouds, finished by the 5 and was really feeling it. Still took about 3 minutes for the SS to cool. I am hoping to have some of the high temp pull tab caps this week. Thinking it will be a great idea for packing a couple tubes, slipping the cap over to have ready loaded tubes stored when needed, yank the cap off, hit it a couple times and then slip the cap back over to shield the heat and put back in storage. Things are coming together slowly but surely!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Keep up the goodness! Sounds promising. Any chance you can do a test run on setting 4? I know not all solo's are equal, but I rarely go over 4 for a session. Is there a point where the SS is causing the heat core to work harder to heat up, or do you just prefer the higher settings?

jambandphan03,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Jambandphan, I still combust so like my vapor hits to healthy and hearty, if you aint choking you aint toke'n! I have never run this thing out of batteries, have used it several times with the large thick OD tube and the new design, seems to have handles them both really well and still had power left. I will try it on 4 and different settings tomorrow. Have a couple of ball games tonight, my oldest is 0-3 and is starting second base tonight!!!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Ah, gotcha, enjoy the game!! Thanks for your efforts in making the solo stems happen! You are going to make a lot of folks happy.

jambandphan03,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Everyone that knows me or my work, knows that the Solo was not a favorite of mine.
I bought one and sold it for 100 the same week.
Well... I am so stoked about the idea of an Ed's TNT stem for the solo, that I just picked up another... as the owner of a local head shop bought one, and did not care for it... he sold it to me for $50... so I am in!
Ed's TNT.... I am now in line for a solo stem, when the "deed is done"

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hell yeah Vito, you know ill have something special for ya!!! Glad to hear I will be able to putsome more wood in your hands. I appreciate you and look forward to hearing bout your experiences with it.

natural farmer

Everyone that knows me or my work, knows that the Solo was not a favorite of mine.
I bought one and sold it for 100 the same week.
Well... I am so stoked about the idea of an Ed's TNT stem for the solo, that I just picked up another... as the owner of a local head shop bought one, and did not care for it... he sold it to me for $50... so I am in!
Ed's TNT.... I am now in line for a solo stem, when the "deed is done"

can we expect a video with some great music and the solo vitolo? ;)

natural farmer,
Reactions: Vitolo

u bwade wunner

I just picked up another... as the owner of a local head shop bought one, and did not care for it... he sold it to me
great to hear Vito.will be interested to hear your e thoughts on the Solo second time around:)

u bwade wunner,

u bwade wunner

ok I m hoping over to the solo thread, after ive made a nice coffee and prepped a really hot Hi.I hope you will join me .Your e a legend:cool:

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
You're a gent!
I will join you for a vape.
No hot beverages for me... but I'm with ya!
Rest well all ... tomorrow's a new one~

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Ed if you get a chance pop over to the Hi thread for a moment and read what alan has done with his 7/16 SS tubing
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/page-51#post-218253

Ive been using his stem and the bowl is solid and very thin,.Have a look at some photos in an earlier post too.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/page-50#post-217614

Just here to help you.....and me:)

Is this what your referring to U bwade?

Alan wrote - It is just 7/16" stainless tubing. The tricky part is boring it out to 10mm since 7/16" is very close to 11mm. This only leaves a 0.5mm wall thickness. That is also why it doesn't steal away too much heat during roasting. Glad you are happy with the new steel bowl on the old wood tube.
Good move with the dropper. Don't want essential oil on the wood. I always fill before placing the cup on the HI.

Ed's TnT,

u bwade wunner

thanks Ed
yep thats it and the pictures in the other link show the tube gauge.Its very thin,I have it in my hands right now and its solid wont bend and will cool down pretty quick too after use.

I know the solo tube is of a larger diameter.what I m looking at is the wall gauge or thickness of the wall of the SS tube.if youre finished tube is similar Hallelujah brother!. You have the sweet smell of success!

u bwade wunner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Will be very close, very close! How'd you like that high temp grab tab cap for cover and storage that I posted earlier?

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom